Become a Patron!

eleaf istick pico kit

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just letting you guys know, eleaf just introduced two new colors, Full Black and Brushed Silver, which look much neater and cooler than the previous IMO, check it out ...

iStick-Pico-Kit_27.jpg

http://www.eleafworld.com/istick-pico-kit-firmware-upgradeable/
Oh great now I need two more.

I threw a brick and it landed here

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Shit I'm down murdered out Pico.... I've been saying all along I wish they would have made all black instead...

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, as aesthetically challenged as I am, even I have to admit... both of those work. :eek:

I was on the fence about a second Melo 3M until I get around to seeing if an RBA head will tame its thirst a bit... but I think that All Black has sold me. :p

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know who has the new colors in stock? I've checked all the online vendors I could think of. Only vapesourcing out of China it seems & only the full kit for $36.99 & I think $5 e-packet shipping to the USA.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know who has the new colors in stock? I've checked all the online vendors I could think of. Only vapesourcing out of China it seems & only the full kit for $36.99 & I think $5 e-packet shipping to the USA.
I believe there is no stock available yet, the paper release was only yesterday, i am waiting for stock availability to show up somewhere myself, it is still not even in Chinese retailers' pre-order list yet .. let me know if you find anything ...

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe there is no stock available yet, the paper release was only yesterday, i am waiting for stock availability to show up somewhere myself, it is still not even in Chinese retailers' pre-order list yet .. let me know if you find anything ...
I emailed Dave from Rockymountainvape he hadn't heard of it. I hope he will carry it. Will let you know when he answers me.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been using the micro Smok tank with the ss tc coils on the Pico. Today I just ordered the Herkales V2 in hopes of better flavor. I already have the Herk+ so I'm stocked up on coils for it. Is anyone running the Herk V2 on the Pico?

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So far they work flawlessly so probably no need for a update unless it is to get more watts out if this device.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing to update yet, and it came with the latest "Landscape orientation" screen feature set... that being the control scheme update for the RX (the best... screw you i100TC).

But I understand from a post (upthread?) that folks who want to play with NFirmware need a Pico .bin file to work with.

Telling that to Eleaf would be... an idea. :confused:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sooo... is it possible to adjust the wattage independently in TC mode like the VTC Mini?
Sayyy 45 watts limited to 380 degrees.

I can't seem to figure that one out...
4 clicks puts you into the watt selection. So 3 click, choose the mode, say Temp SS. 4 clicks set watts at 45, click fire button to exit that, then adjust temp to 380.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Won't get much of a hit at 380 though...Try 50 watts at 500, that's the sweet spot for me...

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I did the update and was wondering if this bothers anyone else. The new battery bar should drain from right to left, rather than left to right. So that when the device is standing up, the bar would drain down rather than up. Hope they come out with a fix because it just plain looks weird...

Basically they put the battery bar upside down....No good....

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I did the update and was wondering if this bothers anyone else. The new battery bar should drain from right to left, rather than left to right. So that when the device is standing up, the bar would drain down rather than up. Hope they come out with a fix because it just plain looks weird...

Is it still upside down if you flip the screen? (I forget the command something like shutting it off then holding the power and + buttons).

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The bar in question is not the bar you see in temp mode. This is only in wattage mode. It wouldn't look right if you flipped the screen when the device is standing up...

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

the positive of the battery is at the bottom of the tube/ the negative is at the top under the twist cap...
seems perfectly logical to this ol cowboy:D

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_1514.JPG

I just purchased the full black today and I really love this monster. I bought it at a local vape shop and they did a package deal on it with a tank and battery for me. Of course I over-paid but I just fell in love with it. I have already upgraded the firmware lol. It fits perfectly in my small hand. And the clouds are amazing! I just need to upgrade the tank to something a bit better. The tank I received was the Ijust 2 Tank. I like that it is 5.5ml but it appears to add a lot of weight. And the tank is as big as the device lol

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just a little update. I went to upgrade the tank today and the Uwell Crown Tank will not fit this device. Because of the battery top door that protrudes out the tank will not screw in all the way. :( Oh well. I ended up with a Cubis Tank, which is not great, but it is not horrible either. I still really enjoy this mod.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a little update. I went to upgrade the tank today and the Uwell Crown Tank will not fit this device. Because of the battery top door that protrudes out the tank will not screw in all the way. :( Oh well. I ended up with a Cubis Tank, which is not great, but it is not horrible either. I still really enjoy this mod.
A lot of atties do fit though. I mostly have RTA's. Smok TFV4 micro, Tobeco Super tank mini, Innokin iSub, etc., most 22mm atties fit. The Augvape Merlin RTA although 23mm fits. But yeah the knurling on the Crown will not fit.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have both the micro smok and a Hercules V2. They both look and work great on the Pico.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I just got this kit after breaking my kanger subox mini.
I'm using it with the Kanger CL tank I already had, since it's 4ml capacity :)
The coils I have for it are SS316L - 0.5ohm, which support TC.

I'd like to try vaping with TC but I'm not sure which settings to choose!
I currently vape with VW mode, set it to around 18-20W, just like my old subox mini.

What would be the right settings for my coils with TC? I'm assuming TC-SS, but I don't know which temperature to choose.
I also set the TCR-M1 to 85 (I found that's the correct setting for this type of coils).

Are TCR and TC-SS alternative to each other? Or should they be used together? If yes, how?

Thanks!

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I set mine on ss tc with 316l premade coils and vape at 500-530* with the watts at 60. With your coil I would start with ss tc 35-40 watts and 480* and work the temp up to desired heat. I wouldn't go over the max wattage of the coil with the watt setting.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be warned...

Settings in both TC and power mode will depend as much on the coil build as on personal preference.

That said... Ben's temp suggestions are EXTREMELY HIGH.

Ben... wha chu vapin'? :p

Norm is down around 450F give or take.
Don't start high... if you too like a HOT vape, work up to it.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Herk V2 with the .2 ss coils. Those coils are rated 35-80 watts. When l vape them in power mode I'm happy 50-60 watts. I like to set the watts with them to temp fast. 500 isn't hot at all, nice and warm with those coils.

Lol...I did suggest he start low and work up....

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are TCR and TC-SS alternative to each other? Or should they be used together? If yes, how?

Thanks!

Yes. No.

TCR in theory can be used with ALL wire types. The TC-SS/Ni/Ti are Default TC Regulation "maps", The TCR settings allow you to adjust some of the parameters of the regulation mapping

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the Update includes a "Smart" mode... what is it?

It will store the wattage setting for 10 different atomizers (first in - first out).
It does not apply to TC modes.
And I presume there must be some minimum res difference to differentiate them.

Basically... pop on a new atty and adjust the power to where you want it (in whole numbers). Repeat for up to ten different resistances.

When you reattach one... it will auto-set the power. That's it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sharing my full black + serpent mini combo
8ef66de25fd88202a56d4c23ed0e41b3.jpg
Where did you pick up yours? Do let us know how the finish holds up, I've been wanting one in the full black but I already have a white one from the first color batches.

Jak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm from Manila. Hoping the finish is better than my kanger mini, which had chipped all over due to normal use. Was gunning for the brushed ss but they're fresh out.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Where did you pick up yours? Do let us know how the finish holds up, I've been wanting one in the full black but I already have a white one from the first color batches.
I'm very gentle on all of my mods, so I may not be the best representative, but the Pico is my errand runaround mod. I've had my all black for maybe 3 months now, no signs of wear at all. The coating feels very solid too. Great mod. The only complaint I have with it is the slightly sub-par threading on the battery compartment.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm very gentle on all of my mods, so I may not be the best representative, but the Pico is my errand runaround mod. I've had my all black for maybe 3 months now, no signs of wear at all. The coating feels very solid too. Great mod. The only complaint I have with it is the slightly sub-par threading on the battery compartment.
Thanks!

VU Sponsors