Eleaf iStick - The Best Mod Out There

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry but once again you misunderstood me. You misinterpreted my statement of intent. Once again, I'll try to clear it up for the record. I only recommend products that I believe in to be very good and that my fellow vapor family will enjoy. Yes, it is my opinion as I had stated that I feel absolutely confident that this device is the BEST and COOLEST device to ever come out and many people out there share my sentiments. I also clearly mentioned that there is nothing in life that can be foolproof in my following post. You cannot make cross comparisons with other products like the MVP and say which will last longer because some people will get a good iStick and others will get a malfunctioning one, if so all you have to do is check return policies and send it back. If it's not user error I'm sure you won't have problem getting it replaced or getting some form of credit. Based on my experience with Eleaf products and having owned many vaping devices and long history and knowledge with electronics I don't see this iStick failing within a year. Think about this, if Eleaf released a faulty product that is weak in construct that would show recklessness and neglect on their part and they would have to do a mass international recall, not happening now and I don't foresee it happening in the near future. Companies care about their customers and want people to be happy, you can't please everyone but the intent is what matters. Nothing is ever perfect and just like ANY e-cig people are also flawed, so I don't expect perfection. My point is that so far I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with this iStick it is a beast that has been overdue and I'm glad that people can enjoy them. I'm a fan yes, but not a "fanboy" whatever that means or is supposed to mean. I clearly stated that this device will NOT meet everyone's needs but it will meet MOST people's needs and then some. It is kick ass plain and simple. If you sub ohm don't get it because it can't do that. Other than that I get no problems with accurate readings on display, my vape is super and the battery lasts a good two days with single charge. I take it anywhere and don't even know it's there because it is awesome and super small. When people see you with it and compliment how nice it looks and you get GREAT performance it's a no brainer that you made the smart choice for you.

If it fails then so be it, no need to cry about it. Nothing lasts forever and ANY device will eventually fail. I think people need to have realistic expectations on their gear and that eventually you have to replace a device when it nears the end of its life cycle. $35 is pittance for a device this good, no let me say totally great and fantastic in every way. Am I hopeful? You bet. I don't see the need to be a pessimist and obsess over irrational fears of the "what if" this happens or that happens or if the sky will collapse and the stars fall to earth or if the Eagle will stop mid flight and fall on the windshield of my car in the middle of the road. The iStick has not failed so far and most people are having great results so that is a very good sign of a well made product that will most likely last a long way down the line.

You mentioned you want a product to last over half a year and get your money worth and I understand that. In my opinion I think it will do just that and then some so I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't feel confident then don't buy it's your choice and your vape. It's not going to effect my or others enjoyment of the iStick either way. We all have choices and try to help others based on our intuition and experience of what has been proven to work for us. The MVP you mentioned is a super mod and I own it but you can't compare the two because they are totally different products. The iStick is more powerful, battery lasts about the same and is constructed better IMO. It's much easier to take out and I can put it anywhere and forget it's even there because it's small and comfortable. The button is better as well IMO. Anyhow, even if it was much more expensive and not cheap you STILL get a great deal because you're not blowing $150.00 plus per month on smoking AND you won't have to worry about tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills, chemotherapy, suffering in agony and dying young from cancer. The iStick is a lifesaver period. Everything I mentioned IS factual because I made no absolute guarantees, I said I feel 100% confident IMO and experience with Eleaf products that this device will last a year easy and I full believe that it will. I will continue to invest in them for self and others in full confidence so that people can have an awesome unit to help them stop smoking. I stand by my convictions steadfast. Good luck to you. Whatever decision you make I hope it meets your personal needs:)

You cannot compare the MVP and Istick like you have in your above post based on whether you get a good one or bad one , you must know that is absolutely ridiculous.

I never said the mod is not worthy , it's worth to people was never my argument , is it the "best mod ever" , many think mechanicals are the best for the money spent and for reliability , many think their Provari is the best , good luck getting a REO owner to think the REO isn't far and away the best .

The two latter are proven over the long haul and most did the responsible thing by waiting till a lot of time passed before making these claims.

I happen to think the MVP has been and still is the best mod for the money for new vapors based on it's track record which is very well established . Will the Istick prove to be as good , only time will tell , there is ZERO substitute for time.

You and some others may be happy with the Istick if it only last three month's but when i know i can get a device that is proven that last an average of a year i will take that one every time.

Anyway thanks for your comments , the chance of us agreeing is slim to none but thats OK.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does this Leafy thing sub ohm at all like .8 ohms? or doees it cut off at 1.0 sorry I am too lazy too look

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="VH fan, post: 149410, member: 3523"

I respectfully disagree, I'd say a majority of comments from people who have bought and tried the Istick, speak overwhelmingly about how good they work, so no doubt polling this debate in particular would most likely come out in favor of this being a good device to recommend to just about everyone who has taken up vaping .
:)

I am very well aware of how people currently feel about the Istick and SO FAR it's warranted as it's an impressive device .

My point was claiming it's the greatest thing since sliced bread based on a mere few months of usage and assumptions (which is 100% what they are by the way) by this particular person at such an early stage is just irresponsible , wait a while and if it turns out to be the case you will look more the genius .

I have read many threads on this device and nearly all comments that i have read are people that are happy so far (most) but know it's a waiting game and will wait to see how it plays out over time.

How someone can put themselves in a position to be made the fool by saying things that most would not say until a device has been on the market a few years and has proven to have a stellar track record is baffling to me and why i have such an issue with certain reviewers .

Just very skeptical and this particular thread screamed " caution " as soon as i read the title lol, but thats just my opinion and i respect yours.

Anyways interesting thread and nothing mean spirited here , may seem like it , just very differing opinions and thats good for entertainment.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You cannot compare the MVP and Istick like you have in your above post based on whether you get a good one or bad one , you must know that is absolutely ridiculous.

I never said the mod is not worthy , it's worth to people was never my argument , is it the "best mod ever" , many think mechanicals are the best for the money spent and for reliability , many think their Provari is the best , good luck getting a REO owner to think the REO isn't far and away the best .

The two latter are proven over the long haul and most did the responsible thing by waiting till a lot of time passed before making these claims.

I happen to think the MVP has been and still is the best mod for the money for new vapors based on it's track record which is very well established . Will the Istick prove to be as good , only time will tell , there is ZERO substitute for time.

You and some others may be happy with the Istick if it only last three month's but when i know i can get a device that is proven that last an average of a year i will take that one every time.

Anyway thanks for your comments , you and i will never agree but thats OK.

You're welcome. Whether we agree or not is not what's important what is important is that you select a device that best meets your needs and are satisfied with it. The point I made about the iStick and the MVP since you compared the two is that no device is exempt from defects, so if some people are having issues that is not a valid indicator for a defective product. The majority of people are extremely pleased with it and it has far exceeded their expectations which is what matters most. If people are getting a good vape, saving money, getting plenty of power and finding it super convenient then it's an absolute winner. For $35 I don't know anything that even comes close on the market. It could sell for double easy and people will still get it and find it to be a worthy investment. Wow we're talking a mod that equals one weeks expense for smokes that's a SUPER DEAL. I like the MVP as well but I want to point out that NOTHING is "proven" to last a year across the board for everyone. My first MVP lasted 2.5 months, my friend's MVP lasted 13 months. It depends on the unit you get and nothing more. Besides all of these devices are mass produced in Asia so your bound to get a few bad apples. I didn't care one bit, nothing to cry over. I bought another MVP for $60 at the time and it worked well. The MVP comes with the iClear 30 which IMO is a trash tank, it vapes awful and the plastic is bad for many juices. The coils are some of the worst I have ever used in all my years of vaping. So really now we're talking to mods that both require tanks. Would I still recommend the MVP? You bet I would because I believe that it's a very good mod but NOT as good as the iStick. I haven't had a single issue with it and none of my friends are having any issues. It vapes great and what you get for the price is an absolute bargain. While Reo and Provari are nice mods and I have owned both I don't think people need either. Yeah you'll get a good vape but at $200. The iStick is affordable, powerful, portable and built solid and I see little difference in vape quality from it compared to mods that cost 5x as much. This is an awesome device not only for newbies but for anyone out there looking for a good reliable vape. Tell you what I'll do in the spirit of good faith. If my iStick fails before a year is up I will buy you a brand new MVP2 and I stand by my word. I firmly believe that this device is the BEST that money can buy right now and it couldn't have arrived at a better time for newbies to transition safely to the electronic cigarette. I wish I had the iStick years ago when I got into vaping. All the best to you whatever you decide to go with and will keep you from smoking.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does this Leafy thing sub ohm at all like .8 ohms? or doees it cut off at 1.0 sorry I am too lazy too look

No it does not sub ohm. It works between 1 and 3 ohm atomizers.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One minor disappointment with my iStick, which I just received yesterday along with a Nautilus Mini. When I use the included 510 adapter with my EMOW tank the iStick doesn't recognize that the tank is attached. The adapter works fine on my EMOW and I can use it with the Nautilus and the iStick still fires that tank. Not a huge deal as I love the Mini and it looks great on the iStick with only a slight overhang, just one less option. Maybe someone more technical that I am will know of a reason this connection fails.

I just tested my EMOW tank for you and I get a solid connection to the battery recognizes it instantly and accurately on the meter. Nautilus Mini is perfect as well. I get the best vape on my Aspire Vivi tank but they all work great. Check to make sure your EMOW is screwed on properly and clean the connection with rubbing alcohol, allow it to dry. Enjoy your iStick and your Nautilus and always have another for back up, that's what I did. I'm confident it will last a long time. It's the best. Good luck.

nashman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The iStick set the bar for others to follow so we'll see what happens.Have a few friends that use them too and they rave about them. I like it too but not as much as the iStick because of the size, power and convenience. You can't go wrong with either mod they are both super performers. Glad you like your mod and it's working awesome for you. In the end that's really what matters. I think they will improve on V2 if they decide to release down the road or just go with an entirely new line. I can't think of much to be added to this little gem outside of an external battery and spring loading but I don't even need that to be honest and most people won't even care. What makes the iStick stand out aside from all the glowing features is the price, newbies and others who are strapped for cash can afford one of these and if the goal is to get people to stop smoking and put products in monetary reach then it delivers all the way. Prices and quality gear/juice are nothing like they were years ago when I started my journey. Today everything is much better and more affordable and people have more choices. For now it's #1 in my book.

The device that changed everything and set the bar years ago was the MVP , i don't think there's any question about that . The Istick came to be because of the monumental impact the MVP made . Just like the Beatles and Zeppelin inspired so many so did the MVP when it hit the market , it was the original and still is .

The iStick has raised the bar again but don't count out an MVP III to regain that throne.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're welcome. Whether we agree or not is not what's important what is important is that you select a device that best meets your needs and are satisfied with it. The point I made about the iStick and the MVP since you compared the two is that no device is exempt from defects, so if some people are having issues that is not a valid indicator for a defective product. The majority of people are extremely pleased with it and it has far exceeded their expectations which is what matters most. If people are getting a good vape, saving money, getting plenty of power and finding it super convenient then it's an absolute winner. For $35 I don't know anything that even comes close on the market. It could sell for double easy and people will still get it and find it to be a worthy investment. Wow we're talking a mod that equals one weeks expense for smokes that's a SUPER DEAL. I like the MVP as well but I want to point out that NOTHING is "proven" to last a year across the board for everyone. My first MVP lasted 2.5 months, my friend's MVP lasted 13 months. It depends on the unit you get and nothing more. Besides all of these devices are mass produced in Asia so your bound to get a few bad apples. I didn't care one bit, nothing to cry over. I bought another MVP for $60 at the time and it worked well. The MVP comes with the iClear 30 which IMO is a trash tank, it vapes awful and the plastic is bad for many juices. The coils are some of the worst I have ever used in all my years of vaping. So really now we're talking to mods that both require tanks. Would I still recommend the MVP? You bet I would because I believe that it's a very good mod but NOT as good as the iStick. I haven't had a single issue with it and none of my friends are having any issues. It vapes great and what you get for the price is an absolute bargain. While Reo and Provari are nice mods and I have owned both I don't think people need either. Yeah you'll get a good vape but at $200. The iStick is affordable, powerful, portable and built solid and I see little difference in vape quality from it compared to mods that cost 5x as much. This is an awesome device not only for newbies but for anyone out there looking for a good reliable vape. Tell you what I'll do in the spirit of good faith. If my iStick fails before a year is up I will buy you a brand new MVP2 and I stand by my word. I firmly believe that this device is the BEST that money can buy right now and it couldn't have arrived at a better time for newbies to transition safely to the electronic cigarette. I wish I had the iStick years ago when I got into vaping. All the best to you whatever you decide to go with and will keep you from smoking.

There's just no breaking you is there lol, hopeless i say hopeless , One things for sure your persistent and loyal and those are good qualities to have .

I have found that if you just wait until the battery drains down to where you have to charge it to work and if you consistently charge your device to it's max capability you will greatly reduce the charge cycles and the overall longevity of these devices with these types of batteries.

There is a lot of sound info on these particular battery types and how to drastically extend their life and charging them before they drain too low and taking them off the charger about a half hour before they are fully charged is the way to do it , if anyones interested in this type of info to read themselves i can provide it.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule and some devices will seem to last forever even if you follow erratic charging practices but thats not the norm. Anyways i'm off track .

Good post by you
Take care

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_n8mgyojfRo1r14fygo1_400_zps7a9prrcz.gif

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is No Such Animal as The Best Mod Out There!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The device that changed everything and set the bar years ago was the MVP , i don't think there's any question about that . The Istick came to be because of the monumental impact the MVP made . Just like the Beatles and Zeppelin inspired so many so did the MVP when it hit the market , it was the original and still is .

The iStick has raised the bar again but don't count out an MVP III to regain that throne.

I don't know what Innokin's plans are with regard to the MVP as nothing is set but it will be interesting to see the direction they go. They may capitalize on the battery size or even go the VTR route and give you the option of using externals and possibly crank up the wattage to 30, maybe alter the form as well but that's about it. That's my intuition at this point. Most companies will do slight makeovers without pushing the extremes so that they keep luring hopeful people towards the next "star mod." I think 20W is plenty and most people don't need to go anywhere that high to get a good vape. The iStick is a super performing mod with everything I need and more. $35 for what you get is beyond anything I could have hoped for. I would have paid twice and not looked back no problem. Innokin will have to take The MVP III very seriously if they plan to compete with the iStick and price it competitively and still make profit. Eleaf did everything right with the iStick from the start, few things could be better but you'll find that with any device on the market. It's selling out everywhere and will continue to do so because the demand is extremely high and people can't get enough of them. At this point I may take a break from shopping for mods for another year because the iStick is one shiny diamond.

Before Robert Plant and John Lennon graced the stage there was a kid from Memphis who loved gospel music and gave the world a taste of rock n' roll. His name was Elvis and the rest was history.

RIP..King. August 16, 1977

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hanna Barbera oh the memories. This was worth a day in bed convincing your parents that you need a day off from school. "I'm sick mom and running a high temperature, may I please stay home today?" Mom's reply "Sure you can and I'll make you a fresh bowl of home made chicken soup"
Locking the bedroom door and getting cozy with the boob tube.:D

Jetsons.jpg

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dissonance a FanBoy? Perhaps. Head over heels in love with the iStick? Obviously!

Yet love is blind and beauty is only skin deep ;)

A BIG SOMETHING WRONG with the iStick is that the power display is out by between 6% and 93% !!!

It can't do low power (as claimed) at all. And it can't do medium-to-high power (as claimed) either, once the battery has got low!

These faults don't go away just because they don't bother Dissonance.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quick note. Please make sure you're not screwing your tanks on super tight to the iStick battery or you'll get false readings. A friend of mine called me recently having problems with the coil not registering properly, so I advised him to losen the tank "slightly" and the stick read perfectly and preserved his pin. Now he's a happy Joe fully enjoying his new vape. Clean the terminals and always use genuine coils. Hope that helps.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a provari and svd and many others but I love this istick and have had no problems I Guess you just have to have one to understand ...

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two! I like and use them.despite the fact they are not operating as claimed. But nowhere near as much as I would if I could put almost any topper on it, set the power appropriately, and forget about it... which is what it's advertised as being able to do.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dissonance a FanBoy? Perhaps. Head over heels in love with the iStick? Obviously!

Yet love is blind and beauty is only skin deep

A BIG SOMETHING WRONG with the iStick is that the power display is out by between 6% and 93% !!!

It can't do low power (as claimed) at all. And it can't do medium-to-high power (as claimed) either, once the battery has got low!

These faults don't go away just because they don't bother Dissonance.

Well I haven't had any problems with mine and other people's sticks are working just fine. My power reading is accurate. Some may be having issues but that's most likely to user error or getting a slightly of kilter device. Majority of people are having excellent results with the iStick. When I power between 7-12W I'm getting just that. Love is NOT blind to the beholder I LOVE MY ISTICK. Beauty skin deep? Not if we're talking about Madeleine Stowe:D

But seriously, besides all the metaphorical innuendo the bottom line is this. If you don't like it don't use it, there's no need to bash a device that is working very well for most and meeting most people's expectations. I get excellent power regulation and meter accuracy and don't get any burnt taste. It offers a good consistent vape and I can't ask for more. Everyone I know is more than happy with theirs and have purchased several for themselves and others. ALL my tanks work without any issues. There's no such thing as a device where people won't criticize it, some people will find a flaw even when there is none or it's so minor most won't even care. I have had many vaping devices and the iStick is a super beast for all that it offers at such a good price.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone gone to www.jwraps.com to get a skin for your stick? What design did you go with?

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I haven't had any problems with mine and other people's sticks are working just fine. My power reading is accurate. Some may be having issues but that's most likely to user error or getting a slightly of kilter device. Majority of people are having excellent results with the iStick. When I power between 7-12W I'm getting just that.

No, your power reading isn't accurate. No, it's not user error. No, it's not just some off-kilter devices. It's a design flaw. When you power between 7-12W you're probably getting about 50% more than that in actual fact (depending on what ohm coils you're using). These are facts. Multiple people have confirmed the measurements. I've posted lots of 'scope screenshots, Phil Busardo posted a video with lots of data. This isn't a debate - you're simply wrong, sorry.

Subjectively, you're happy with it, and that's great.

Objectively, if you'd care to post 'scope screenshots and prove us wrong, that would also be great :)

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, your power reading isn't accurate. No, it's not user error. No, it's not just some off-kilter devices. It's a design flaw. When you power between 7-12W you're probably getting about 50% more than that in actual fact (depending on what ohm coils you're using). These are facts. Multiple people have confirmed the measurements. I've posted lots of 'scope screenshots, Phil Busardo posted a video with lots of data. This isn't a debate - you're simply wrong, sorry.

Subjectively, you're happy with it, and that's great.

Objectively, if you'd care to post 'scope screenshots and prove us wrong, that would also be great :)

I respectively disagree. I don't think it's accurate to base a few assertions and say that is fact when the majority of people ARE getting accurate output display. I personally tested my watts against my other mods at the SAME power setting and I am getting the SAME accurate results. If my reading was wrong and I was getting 50% more as you suggest then ALL of my mods would be inoperable and deficient, which I can most sincerely assure is not the case. Therefore I must conclude that my iStick is in fact rendering the correct and consistent output as intended. Don't you think it's possible that you and a few others got a device with a slight engineering flaw, or do you completely dismiss that possibility? I tested my mods all at the same power output and using the same atomizer head and got very similar results. Only difference I noticed is that I can power down "slightly" and get the same output. Your suggesting that a setting of 6W powers at 12W which is not even close to what I'm experiencing or anyone else I know. But let's pretend that were true, I'll play devils advocate, then all you would have to do is power half way to get your desired results. Ex: You set for 5W to get 10W since the stick goes to a full 20W capacity then technically you can max out safely at 10W. Most people vape between 6-10W anyhow. But again, as mentioned earlier mine powers with accuracy and NOT 50% above as you claim. I tested it carefully and would have noticed instantly. The iStick is a solid mod there's no denying it. If it didn't perform I would have thrown it in the trash and so would the majority of vapors out there. That's not happening because it works very well and delivers what it's supposed to do. "IF" I ever have issues I will be the first to let my fellow vapors know what they are but so far it's working flawless for myself and most people out there. That is a testament to the facts of majority user experience and that cannot be challenged. It was more than worth the purchase and will be getting more for sure. In fact, Christmas is approaching and will make a great stocking stuffer. This mod is my #1 Recommendation to new vapors and veterans the same. If you don't sub ohm and if you're happy with what it brings to the table the iStick at only $35 is beyond a good investment. It's a no brainer when you stop and think about.

Sorry that you are not satisfied with your personal device as most iStick owners are more than happy with theirs. I would suggest getting in contact with the manufacturer of your choice and see if they can design a custom mod built to your perfection and specifications. Then you will be the proud owner of your perfectly designed piece. It will likely cost you a thousand dollars or more since they will make it solely for you but at least you won't have to complain about each detail not measuring up to your standards of perfection and convenience. Good luck in your journey.

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I received two of them today. My subjective impression was that with a 1.5 ohm micro coil the Istick at it's lowest wattage at that resistance of 5.4w hit harder than an Innokin VV at 11w. Swapping the topper back and forth it was clear that both Isticks hit MUCH harder than the VV at 1.5 ohms with the VV not matching the Istick's lowest setting when turned all the way up. 11w is the max setting for the VV so I switched to a Smok SID (the only other PWM device I had handy) to see how high I would have to go to get a similar result. Ball park I needed to set the SID at around 12 to 12.5w to get a similar result. Hardly scientific I know. Interestingly the graph Hermit produced corresponds closely to these results. Both Isticks performed exactly the same.
That said, I LIKE the little thing. Fits my hand nicely. Seems to be reasonably well constructed. I haven't run it through a full charge as yet but I see no reason I won't get the same excellent battery life others are reporting.The more you turn it up - provided the topper and you can handle it - the closer it gets to being accurate. But... I'd be hard pressed to say that anything that is this far off at lower ohms and wattage is the best. This thing isn't a little off - it's wildly off. If it's a manufacturing flaw both of mine have it. What I see is a very good start to one of the best mods. V2 when it arrives might be that. IMHO.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I respectively disagree. I don't think it's accurate to base a few assertions and say that is fact when the majority of people ARE getting accurate output display. I personally tested my watts against my other mods at the SAME power setting and I am getting the SAME accurate results. If my reading was wrong and I was getting 50% more as you suggest then ALL of my mods would be inoperable and deficient, which I can most sincerely assure is not the case. Therefore I must conclude that my iStick is in fact rendering the correct and consistent output as intended. Don't you think it's possible that you and a few others got a device with a slight engineering flaw, or do you completely dismiss that possibility? I tested my mods all at the same power output and using the same atomizer head and got very similar results. Only difference I noticed is that I can power down "slightly" and get the same output. Your suggesting that a setting of 6W powers at 12W which is not even close to what I'm experiencing or anyone else I know. But let's pretend that were true, I'll play devils advocate, then all you would have to do is power half way to get your desired results. Ex: You set for 5W to get 10W since the stick goes to a full 20W capacity then technically you can max out safely at 10W. Most people vape between 6-10W anyhow. But again, as mentioned earlier mine powers with accuracy and NOT 50% above as you claim. I tested it carefully and would have noticed instantly. The iStick is a solid mod there's no denying it. If it didn't perform I would have thrown it in the trash and so would the majority of vapors out there. That's not happening because it works very well and delivers what it's supposed to do. "IF" I ever have issues I will be the first to let my fellow vapors know what they are but so far it's working flawless for myself and most people out there. That is a testament to the facts of majority user experience and that cannot be challenged. It was more than worth the purchase and will be getting more for sure. In fact, Christmas is approaching and will make a great stocking stuffer. This mod is my #1 Recommendation to new vapors and veterans the same. If you don't sub ohm and if you're happy with what it brings to the table the iStick at only $35 is beyond a good investment. It's a no brainer when you stop and think about.

100% of the people who have put it on an oscilloscope and posted results have shown that it is inaccurate. Even thought there aren't many of us, the chances of us all getting defective units - from various different sources - with exactly the same error - is pretty damn slim.

Maybe they will quietly fix the flaw. Probably they are already working on it, who knows, they might have already fixed it in their lab. However, the chances of you having a fixed unit already is, approximately, zero.

Multiply those two probabilities together, and you get something even closer to zero. Possible? Yes. Probable? Hell no.

The majority reported that they have to turn it down quite a bit, but can find a level that works for them. Lots of people reported it running hot and burning their juice. That's why there was there was a push to actually test some units with 'scopes and find out the facts.

Your devil's advocate schtick can take a hike... I'm not rehashing explanations here that we've already written in other posts, just for you! Please, feel free to go and read them.

Last edited:

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it's a manufacturing flaw both of mine have it.

The nature of it makes it very definitely a design flaw in the software. I wouldn't even really call it a bug - it's doing the wrong thing very precisely and reliably, and it didn't happen by chance!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I received two of them today. My subjective impression was that with a 1.5 ohm micro coil the Istick at it's lowest wattage at that resistance of 5.4w hit harder than an Innokin VV at 11w. Swapping the topper back and forth it was clear that both Isticks hit MUCH harder than the VV at 1.5 ohms with the VV not matching the Istick's lowest setting when turned all the way up. 11w is the max setting for the VV so I switched to a Smok SID (the only other PWM device I had handy) to see how high I would have to go to get a similar result. Ball park I needed to set the SID at around 12 to 12.5w to get a similar result. Hardly scientific I know. Interestingly the graph Hermit produced corresponds closely to these results. Both Isticks performed exactly the same.
That said, I LIKE the little thing. Fits my hand nicely. Seems to be reasonably well constructed. I haven't run it through a full charge as yet but I see no reason I won't get the same excellent battery life others are reporting.The more you turn it up - provided the topper and you can handle it - the closer it gets to being accurate. But... I'd be hard pressed to say that anything that is this far off at lower ohms and wattage is the best. This thing isn't a little off - it's wildly off. If it's a manufacturing flaw both of mine have it. What I see is a very good start to one of the best mods. V2 when it arrives might be that. IMHO.
100% of the people who have put it on an oscilloscope and posted results have shown that it is inaccurate. Even thought there aren't many of us, the chances of us all getting defective units - from various different sources - with exactly the same error - is pretty damn slim.

Maybe they will quietly fix the flaw. Probably they are already working on it, who knows, they might have already fixed it in their lab. However, the chances of you having a fixed unit already is, approximately, zero.

Multiply those two probabilities together, and you get something even closer to zero. Possible? Yes. Probable? Hell no.

The majority reported that they have to turn it down quite a bit, but can find a level that works for them. Lots of people reported it running hot and burning their juice. That's why there was there was a push to actually test some units with 'scopes and find out the facts.

Your devil's advocate schtick can take a hike... I'm not rehashing explanations here that we've already written in other posts, just for you! Please, feel free to go and read them.

Last edited:

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have to tune mine down, it doesn't run excessively hot and I have NEVER had burnt juice at my settings. I don't see a design flaw you suggest. You got a lemon. No need to be rude it's only a lemon.

Like I said - you're happy with it, that's great :)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This reminds me of the Aspire Nautilus BVC coils and all the issues "some people" were experiencing. Coils dying within hours, juice burning and failed connections. While many other people had no problems whatsoever. All people were not experiencing the same bad results, some just got lemons, same with the iStick. If mine didn't work it would have been sent back immediately. All my friends are getting accurate results with only slight deviations but nothing remotely close to 50% off. Eleaf would have to do a major international recall if that was the case and it's not happening. If I got a defective unit I would get in touch with the manufacturer and have them send me a good working device. Thankfully, most people are not having these problems and the iStick is working like it was meant too. At $35 I am more than pleased with it and everything it has to offer.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have to tune mine down, it doesn't run excessively hot and I have NEVER had burnt juice at my settings. I don't see a design flaw you suggest. You got a lemon. No need to be rude it's only a lemon.

I simply gave a subjective opinion based on my personal experience. Sorry if you think that's rude. It was you who suggested a "slight engineering flaw" I just said that if so both of mine have it. Ease up a little. I didn't kick your cat.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I simply gave a subjective opinion based on my personal experience. Sorry if you think that's rude. It was you who suggested a "slight engineering flaw" I just said that if so both of mine have it. Ease up a little. I didn't kick your cat.

My response wasn't to you Lefty.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, you quoted me so I just assumed I was included.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To the small faction experiencing problems with their iStick here's where you need to write your concerns.

iSmoka Electronics Co., Ltd
16 Technology Dr. Suite 118
Irvine, CA 92618

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I don't think I've been rude. Utterly blunt perhaps. It's pretty clear you have zero interest in understanding what I've been saying, so yeah, I'll admit I'm not posting for your benefit!

You are wrong that just a "small faction" have got "lemons" - this kind of error does not arise from a manufacturing defect. Hence there is no similarity to the BVC coils issues.

The istick is working great for me with RDAs, little pocket rocket! Kayfun mini in dripper mode with 1.5 ohm coil, at 3.5V / 8.1W displayed (which is 11.2W in reality)..... fantastic vape!

But a mini protank 2 with a stock coil... fuggeddaboutit.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two! I like and use them.despite the fact they are not operating as claimed. But nowhere near as much as I would if I could put almost any topper on it, set the power appropriately, and forget about it... which is what it's advertised as being able to do.

Wow, didn't even know about these issues , these are the things that must be brought up by Dissonance as it would go a long way in the credibility dept , you can't just post about the great things it does .

It will be very interesting to see when this battery loses it's ability to reach the higher ranges , if it's truly close to a year it's a winner to me but if it's only a few months this device to me would be very disappointing (to me) at least.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To the small faction experiencing problems with their iStick here's where you need to write your concerns.

iSmoka Electronics Co., Ltd
16 Technology Dr. Suite 118
Irvine, CA 92618

I think there is a clear misunderstanding by you at what Hermit is saying , your comment about 'a small fraction of users having problems' and the 'vast majority are satisfied' proves this .

While those comments may be true as most don't complain and are satisfied with the vape , there is clearly a fault with the iStick regardless as Hermit explained , enough to piss people off and hate it (obviously not ) but a real fault with it's software regardless as it's clearly very inaccurate .

To be taken seriously it's best not to deny these faults and accept them and say something like " while the readings and accuracy has proven to be faulty , luckily it does not prevent the device from providing an outstanding vape " for the overwhelming majority.

Denying that the devices or your specific iStick has no such issues and reads perfectly really kills credibility and throws EVERYTHING you have said up to this point into question.

I mean c, mon you must know this. And please no rehashing of the same super long posts over and over again it's unnecessary. Just answer the specific issue Hermit brought up.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Istick + Mini Nautilus = epic portable vape.

To be fair, most things are "epic" to you , especially vaping gear lol. Nobody is saying the Istick is not a great device and provides a great or (epic vape) but to not admit it's proven faults and pretend they don't exist over proven contradictory evidence is the biggest problems with people who review stuff these days.

You can't be taken seriously and sugarcoat things if you want to remain respected and relevant , be brutally honest regardless how much you love the device , period.

It's outright insulting to admit proven issues don't even exist , it really is.

Side note : It's post like this by me that probably prevents me from winning anything lol , you just don't challenge the owner of a website you participate in if you expect to win stuff .

I , however, am pretty bold and call it as i see it , is it popular , usually not but it's me.

Last edited:

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered an iStick today....then, I immediately ordered a JWrap for it....lets see which gets here first...:)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered an iStick today....then, I immediately ordered a JWrap for it....lets see which gets here first...:)

Those J Wraps are almost as much as the mod , no thanks , give me something that actually offers protection like a rubberized Iphone case . That i would pay J Wraps prices for , not dirt cheap vinyl with a design on it.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those J Wraps are almost as much as the mod , no thanks , give me something that actually offers protection like a rubberized Iphone case . That i would pay J Wraps prices for , not dirt cheap vinyl with a design on it.
Well, then...by all means, do not ever buy one...The Jwrap I ordered is black carbon fiber and was less than the full sized wraps because of the size of the mod...and I had a coupon as well. ...I didnt find it particularly expensive..I like their products and have bought several in the past, so I bought one for the iStick as well...I'm not looking for protection for the mod....its a 30 dollar mod not a Vaporshark...I'm looking for the textured wrap that doesnt lend itself to having a smooth, slick textured mod slip in my hand....your mileage obviously varies...and mine varies from yours as frankly I find those rubberized cases on phones to look cheap, and fugly...but hey, that's just me...its nice to have choices, eh...

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine arrived yesterday and I, too, love it. I still love my Provaris, but for the price the Eleaf is a real pleasure. A lot of quality in a small and affordable package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, then...by all means, do not ever buy one...The Jwrap I ordered is black carbon fiber and was less than the full sized wraps because of the size of the mod...and I had a coupon as well. ...I didnt find it particularly expensive..I like their products and have bought several in the past, so I bought one for the iStick as well...I'm not looking for protection for the mod....its a 30 dollar mod not a Vaporshark...I'm looking for the textured wrap that doesnt lend itself to having a smooth, slick textured mod slip in my hand....your mileage obviously varies...and mine varies from yours as frankly I find those rubberized cases on phones to look cheap, and fugly...but hey, that's just me...its nice to have choices, eh...

Did you see the VJ wraps yet??
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-on-our-isticks-by-j-wraps.26634/#post-153212

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

All good things come in small packages and often times in beautiful colors. They nailed it all the way. Even if I didn't own one, two now :) I could just look at the iStick and get myself out of depression. Christmas is going to look mighty good for my friends and family looking to quit smoking. 2015 will be the road to Nirvana rebirth at its finest:):):) Three smiley's to compliment each color.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine arrived yesterday and I, too, love it. I still love my Provaris, but for the price the Eleaf is a real pleasure. A lot of quality in a small and affordable package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I gave away my Provari to a friend and my other mods will follow suit. I firmly believe in helping others to the best of my ability, everyone should have access to good affordable gear. Now that I have my iSticks I am more than pleased I don't want anything else and probably never will. All my friends enjoy them and they do everything they're supposed to, not perfect nothing is but pretty damn close to it. THAT is PLEASURE great post. Thank you.

VU Sponsors