Become a Patron!

Evic vt - who's getting one, who has one already?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
has anyone tried this with a subtank using their ni200 heads

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Of all my rta, the billow 2 has become my favorite, especially for TC. The resistance seems to be perfect and I never get any fluctuation. The only problem I get is that you need to use 30 or 32 gauge on it to get a halfway decent dual coil and my wires get clipped in the post holes easily so I trap under screw heads but they are so small, it becomes a pain in the ass.

I'm actually interested in trying the Goliath v2 when it comes out. The v1 sucked but the v2 looks like it ha massive airflow, no more ugly ring and a single coil option
I use 28g ni200 for duals the mod fires down to .05 I got a dual 2.5 mm diameter 9 wrap and its a .07

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use 28g ni200 for duals the mod fires down to .05 I got a dual 2.5 mm diameter 9 wrap and its a .07

ill try that. I generally try to stay around .08-1.0 since I have so many mods and some won't fire below .08. I like to be able to fill my tanks with different flavors and just grab them.

another great tank is the zephyrus. Its easy to build the rda and the fill port is really awesome.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Coils just not wicking nothing to worry about its normal the stock tank likes 480-550 if you wanna bellow out clouds

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love my new evic but I ha e to crank the temp to 500 to get the same vape as my ipv4 at 420 :( the evic reminds me more of a dna40 vape. Anyone one else noticed that?
I take it back the evic works like my yihi mods it was poor wicking and me jumping to conclusions. It owns the dna40 and made it his bitch.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some info straight from the website and they should have left the wattage in temp fixed at 60 and just adjust temp.to your liking. The device applies the right wattage to maintain that temp anyways.

Recommendation:
CL Head ——Nickel (Ni200)
Resistance: 0.2Ω+-0.0Ω
Temperature recommended: 500-550˚F(260-290℃)
Summit wattage: 60W

CL Head ——Titanium (Ti)
Resistance: 0.4Ω+-0.0Ω
Temperature recommended: 450-500˚F(230-260℃)
Summit wattage: 60W

daventura

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my white one today.
Damn, this thing is heavy.

My first foray into TC, still trying to figure out what to set everything at.
With the Ni coil at just 30 watts and 520 degrees, it's chucking out a good cloud.
Flavor is incredible.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My roommate, took a puff from my eVic in VT mode and was blown away by the flavor. If i could pack all the gut into a Istick 30w box, she would be sold.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My orange one is on the truck to be delivered today. White one is in transit for tomorrow delivery. Can't wait

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Imagine this....

Thing of VV mode as a manual transmission drag car. if you have a 1000 hp and a 5 speed manual tranny, Everywhere you go, you hit the gas you pretty much spin the tires. Imagine if you were unable to ease into the power band, and you only have two speeds, full throttle or no throttle. think of that cracking and sizzling noise your tank makes as burning your tires...burnout competitions may be fun, but at the end of the day, its kind of a waste of time...

BUt if you had a torque converter transmitting the power to the ground and an automatic tranny, you give it gas and boom it just goes.
There is a reason the fastest cars/dragsters in the world have automatic transmissions. And high stall torque converters. Think of this Joyetec Evic kit as a top fuel dragster with a finely tuned gearbox. Having all the power in the world means nothing unless you are utilizing it properly. The VT will lower your coils temp automatically at least (what seems about 5-7 times per second) to avoiding any burning or sizzling. The flavor is just obscene.

Sizzling may equal massive clouds, but not massive flavor. In VT mode, you can not only get huge flavor, but a damn good size cloud too. Its completely quiet as well...you might not win a cloud competition, but your taste buds just might explode. No jet engine noise from the coil when you are in VT mode either.

Id venture to say, that you might taste flavors and subtle hints in VT mode that you have never experienced with a standard VV box.

I have to ask, have you ever taken 1000hp down the track? Let alone 4000+? The fastest cars use manual transmission with slipper clutches. They may be air or solenoid shifted, but they use a clutch, and 95% of the time there is a Lenco trans behind that clutch. But I've also never seen an auto that will take that kind of power. At least not with good suspension and tires. Maybe viscous couplers have come a long ways since I was competing at that level, but with big hp you do not want to torque multiplication that a torque converter offers. Slow cars (slower than a 6 second 1/4 mile) get away with automatics, but not the big dogs. The first time I broke 3's in the 1/4, I was running a 5 speed Lenco and a quad disk slipper clutch, manual shift. Also, automatics have more parasitic loss (power lost to pumping fluid etc) than a manual. That hurts on the big end where you can actually use the power you have.

Sorry if this is off topic, but I have spent my life racing and I hate seeing that kind of info getting passed around in the wrong context. Automatics are faster in low power applications where the torque multiplication can help, and they are more consistent than the average driver, so they have a lot of victories in bracket racing, but when you are all out with the big dogs, you won't see them.

On topic, are these temp control mods running a temp sensor or do they calculate an estimated temp from resistance and power? It is an interesting concept, and I'm curious to how exactly it works.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry if this is off topic, .

sheesh yeah, you are right, you went way off topic. But to answer you question, yes i have driven quite a few fast cars. But, If you wanted to come online to talk about how fast you drive, you could have started your own thread. Yo. For goodness sake, Im not about to go THAT deep into car talk right now, this is an ecig forum. I was more trying to give this explanation to the common average person, while i completely understand what you are talking about i wasn't really trying t single out the 3 second drag cars from the 5 second drag cars. No need to go overboard on this...

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sheesh yeah, you are right, you went way off topic. But to answer you question, yes i have driven quite a few fast cars. But, If you wanted to come online to talk about how fast you drive, you could have started your own thread. Yo. For goodness sake, Im not about to go THAT deep into car talk right now, this is an ecig forum. I was more trying to give this explanation to the common average person, while i completely understand what you are talking about i wasn't really trying t single out the 3 second drag cars from the 5 second drag cars. No need to go overboard on this...

It wasn't my intention to insult you, just clarifying what was said. You said the fastest cars/dragsters were all automatics, and that is 100% wrong. Maybe the fastest street cars, but not when you throw "dragsters" in there. Again, no offense, but when you say something like that, I have to wonder how to take your opinion of the mod. As someone interested in this type of mod, I wanted to clarify to myself that you were just "dumbing it down" for the average joe. Because if you actually believed that, I sure wouldn't trust any info you post.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On topic, are these temp control mods running a temp sensor or do they calculate an estimated temp from resistance and power? It is an interesting concept, and I'm curious to how exactly it works.

They don't actually measure temperature. They calculate the temperature based on the change in resistance of the wire. That's why you have to use nickel or titanium and have to pair the atty with the mod at the same temperature. With ni200 and ti the resistance changes as the temperature of the wire changes. It monitors that resistance change and converts it to the temperature. If the coil goes dry, it will heat up more and the resistance will change, thus the device knows the coil is dry.

It's not precise but it's close. If you put a temp gun on it, you will see that it stays close to the desired temp, but it goes plus or minus a few degrees.

They also don't bring you to the temperature you put in, they limit you to the set temperature. If I run my Dna devices at 430degrees and 15 watts, I will almost never hit the 430 degrees unless there is no airflow or the wick is dry and that's because he device stays around 370degrees. If I bump up the watts to 20-25, I get closer to the limit. Going up to 30-40 watts, I will hit it quickly without a ton of airflow

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It wasn't my intention to insult you, just clarifying what was said. You said the fastest cars/dragsters were all automatics, and that is 100% wrong. Maybe the fastest street cars, but not when you throw "dragsters" in there. Again, no offense, but when you say something like that, I have to wonder how to take your opinion of the mod. As someone interested in this type of mod, I wanted to clarify to myself that you were just "dumbing it down" for the average joe. Because if you actually believed that, I sure wouldn't trust any info you post.
hahahah, YUP, tell everyone, that what Kwtony says is a lie!!

Listen guy, Im going to suggest you go ahead and ignore me, that way you dont have to be subject to all these lies. I love this forum feature!!

76e47175ad17cfd9fbdb952c57655b2c_zpsd887c115.jpg

Last edited:

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you @Mroutlaw. That is the perfect explanation. Man, now I want one of these.

hahahah, YUP everything kwtony says is a lie, Im going to suggest you go ahead and ignore me, guy. that way you dont have to be subject to all these lies, Im about to do the same. buh bye
That's fine, I didn't mean to offend, but whatever. Have a good one. I don't see why that got you so angry, it was not my intention. I am sorry to have stepped on your toes. It was not my intention, just trying to figure out what you were saying.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hahahah, YUP everything kwtony says is a lie, Listen guy, Im going to suggest you go ahead and ignore me, that way you dont have to be subject to all these lies. I love this forum feature!!

76e47175ad17cfd9fbdb952c57655b2c_zpsd887c115.jpg
Wow, edit your post to be an even bigger doutche. Lmao, you got that butthurt over a simple question? What rock have you been hiding under your whole life to have skin that thin?

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433964140.113479.jpg

Gotta love good news. Now to get my ass in gear.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For all those that have the Evic, do you have a high pitched ringing/ticking sound? Mine does and it only seems to go way if you turn it off completely

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope mine is silent. Consider sending it back while its under warranty

Last edited:

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For all those that have the Evic, do you have a high pitched ringing/ticking sound? Mine does and it only seems to go way if you turn it off completely

Umm, yes. I didn't hear it till you asked and I held it up to my ear.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nope mine is completely silent. Consider sending it back while its under warranty

weird, because I've seen several things online that say its normal. Grimm Green said his also has it. its a really high pitched sound you can hear if you put it to your ear

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After you mention putting it to your ear, i do hear a whine. Thats seems normal for amplifiers and electronics to make some kind of noise. just like your stereo buzzes

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After you mention putting it to your ear, i do hear a whine. Thats seems normal for amplifiers and electronics to make some kind of noise. just like your stereo buzzes
It's the toroidal coil (doughnut looking thing with copper wire coiled around it) in the unit doing it's thing and ramping up voltage/wattage.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
can this be used with subohm tanks like the kanger subtank, atlantis, etc?

Yes. It comes with the ego one xl. It's an ok tank, but the heads aren't very good because the juice flow can't keep up. The Clr heads are good because that have more for juice flow.

The other subohm tanks I have are awesome on it. It can use ni200 and ti coils down to .05 ohms and kanthal down to .15ohm and .25ohm. If you use a coil between .15 and .24ohms, it will limit your power to 50-55w but anything .25 and over, you have 60w

Only thing I've found that I consider a subjective con is that it has a slight high pitched noise when the device is on and when in temperature mode, the lowest wattage setting is 30w

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yeah, just a little annoying. I would like to know what it is though. If you stop using the device and put it down, the noise does turn off after 3 minutes and 30 seconds. (3 minutes after screen turns off

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, just a little annoying. I would like to know what it is though. If you stop using the device and put it down, the noise does turn off after 3 minutes and 30 seconds

My Sigelei 150 makes the same sound.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is for my subtank mini....using kanthal in VV mode. Works very well.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The sound is the mod checking resistance. Its just electronic noise it's normal

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mo betta, dont have the black o rings yet, ill grab a set tomorrow. My black Subtank should be here tomorrow as well. It should like real nice on here with the red o rings
853AE0FF-A80F-4E95-9051-3EB547805D1C-5413-000002532E716836_zpscja4or8y.jpg

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The sound is the mod checking resistance. Its just electronic noise it's normal

yeah, i kinda figured that. I was a little concerned because it continues long after pressing the fire button. But at least it turns off after 3 minutes. only other downsides I found is that the fire button rattles and you can't set below 30w in VT mode, but those are both subjective. Especially since most people aren't like me and vape at 30w or higher

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ok, so ti mode is awesome and works great. Just built a dual coil, 9 wrap 26g ti on a 3mm rod for my mephesto, comes in at .3 ohms and puts off incredible flavor and vapor. Now if we can just get yihi to put an update on the 350j chip to support Ti, all will be good

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just tried that , says it does not exist. Was there a variant in spelling

VU Sponsors