Become a Patron!

Evic vt - who's getting one, who has one already?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They list it as a kit, so hope that is what I'm getting. I will let you know when I receive it.

Yeah, that's just the mod, doesn't include the atty.
Still a great price. I paid $70 for my kit with the atty. the atty is ok, but the heads aren't that awesome for chain vaping. The juice holes are just too small. The clr heads you can buy separately and rebuild are really good though. The good thing is at least you don't get dry hits when the coil runs dry, just a weak vape

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hmmm

Screen%20shot%202015-06-10%20at%2011.28.34%20PM_zpsf2dy11iu.png
www.eciggity.com is the website and they list it for $59.99

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Still a great price. I paid $70 for my kit with the atty. the atty is ok, but the heads aren't that awesome for chain vaping. The juice holes are just too small. The clr heads you can buy separately and rebuild are really good though. The good thing is at least you don't get dry hits when the coil runs dry, just a weak vape

Damn, ok let see when I get it. I not to worry about the sub-ohm tank if it is not included. I have my Billow V2 or Lemo V2 that I plan to use with the PV.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, i got it now. I think that is just the MOD tho. I have a White Kanger Sub tank that will look just fine on there. Although, i do like this Ego One Mega

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn, ok let see when I get it. I not to worry about the sub-ohm tank if it is not included. I have my Billow V2 or Lemo V2 that I plan to use with the PV.
The billow 2 is awesome on it. I have 2 of them so I plan on marking one and trying so Ti coils in it.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im going to order up some fresh Ni wire while Im at it. Anyone have a suggestion on a thickness?

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yup, i got it now. I think that is just the MOD tho. I have a White Kanger Sub tank that will look just fine on there. Although, i do like this Ego One Mega

Yea, I was just told that but the description list kit. Still $54 for the PV is a good deal. I plan to use with my billow 2 and lemo 2. The white kanger tank should look cool with this PV.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im going to order up some fresh Ni wire while Im at it. Anyone have a suggestion on a thickness?

I have 26 and 28 gauge, but I almost always use the 26 because it's so much easier to work with (single coils)!

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The billow 2 is awesome on it. I have 2 of them so I plan on marking one and trying so Ti coils in it.

Got 2 of the original billows but version 2 is killing it :) Running dual 26gauge @ .4ohm and is by far my best RTA.

I just got this kit tonight. The flavor of my juice is way off. Im running 500f 30w on the Nickel coil. Does it have a break in?

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 26 for most of my builds, recently got a pre twisted 26 and have been using that...

Right now they only offer 28 30 and 32 guage

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got this kit tonight. The flavor of my juice is way off. Im running 500f 30w on the Nickel coil. Does it have a break in?

turn that poor thing down lo.. dont need to go full bore off the batt...try 420

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
K ... so ... built my first Ti coil on the Delta II RBA deck. Now that I'm wicking fast enough to keep up with my 20 80 DIY ... I'm impressed. 500 deg F, 60W, wide open. Temp limiting works too. On the Ego One Mega Ti coil, my DIY wouldn't wick and I was turned up to 550 deg F at 40W. 550 actually choked me after I got it wicking and I'm happily enjoying a 480 Deg F Vape.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1433991704-060513-jpg.22245

imageuploadedbytapatalk1433984396-131105-jpg.22232

Definitely happy.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use 26 for most of my builds, recently got a pre twisted 26 and have been using that...

Right now they only offer 28 30 and 32 guage

If your going to run double coil, I recommend 28 or 30 gauge depending on the device your using. 26 gauge ni200 requires too many wraps to fit on most atty. something like the billow v2 is going to require 30 gauge for the most part.

If you only temp device is the evic, I highly suggest using Ti wire. It's much easier to work with and requires less wraps. I'm using 26 gauge Ti and a dual coil, 9 wrap each on a 3mm coil comes to .2- 3ohm depending on your leads and device

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^ Thank you sir, I am going to scoop up some 26 guage Ti wire right now from amazon.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

It's probably not wicking enough. The ego cl heads have small juice holes and they can't keep up. Try closing off the air flow and take a few primer puffs. You will get a warm dense vape. Problem is after a couple of vapes it will get weak.

Remember, with TL, you won't get a dry hit if you have the temp set right and set the resistance when the atty was room temp. The vape will get weak with less vapor and much less flavor.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thats where i was at fist, but with prime and amazon...11.99

I think they have a listing on Amazon for 11.99 but $4 and change for shipping. It's not eligible for prime though. I just don't trust the other titanium listings on Amazon. Again, don't dry burn or torch it, it can burst into flames

kh888

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine on Monday and sent it back on Tuesday. It was not reading temp properly, at all. Should get a replacement next week and will take it from there.

The jury is still out for me on temp control. After being through the DNA40s, and this one, I still think the technology is being tweaked.

However, I will say the Evic is built great and looks terrific. If all else fails, I will just use it with Kanthal. :)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use some 50/50 juice or even 60/40 and those stock heads work great. I'm looking forward to that one CLR head for max VG. I have a lot of RTA but I like being matchy matchy. Sucks 50/50 drys out my nose or I'd just vape it all the time.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
After playing with this thing for a day and putting it through a bunch of tests, I have to say the TC portion of this device destroys the Dna40 and most other temperature limiting devices. It's at least equal to the sxmini m class and in some ways even beats it. The way it handles temperature limiting, is as close to actual temperature control as we've seen. Other devices, including the sxmini have you set a max temperature and then you vape at the watts/joules you want. Many times you never come close to that temperature unless there is limited air flow or a dry coil.

This device actually has you set the temperature you want and then the max watts you will allow. It then provides whatever wattage you need to get to that temperature but won't exceed you max wattage setting. So for example, with a Ti coil in my atty, I have it set to 450 degrees and the minimum 30watts with air flow wide open. When I vape, the temp of the coil stays around 450 degrees and the watts hover between 15w and 20w.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You juice seems to go a lot longer too and the battery life is extremely impressive. I've been vaping this thing nonstop since 9am yesterday and the battery bar still shows 3/4 full

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Use some 50/50 juice or even 60/40 and those stock heads work great. I'm looking forward to that one CLR head for max VG. I have a lot of RTA but I like being matchy matchy. Sucks 50/50 drys out my nose or I'd just vape it all the time.

Been extremely busy, coil is going in mail now

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Unless something groundbreaking comes out I see the evic vt as the best temp mod from 2015. Its going to be hard to beat.

HAZZA1962

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really liked the design of these but in the end the fixed battery put me off buying one!!!

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really liked the design of these but in the end the fixed battery put me off buying one!!!

i generally stay away from built in batteries, but i decided to take the gamble on this one because of the size of battery and price of mod. Im glad it did. this thing is built extremely well. Very solid, all metal, paint job is top notch high gloss. You shouldn't need to charge nearly as often with a 5000mah battery in it

If it only had a 2000mah battery, I would have never tried it, but 5000mah should take me at least 2 days. Im a heavy chain vaper, with a mod in my hand from 7am to 2am non stop. Go through about 12 to 20ml of juice vaping at 15-20 watts. Using 2 different mods throughout the day, I usually drain an 18650 on each device. I have used this thing exclusively for about 21hours of actual vaping and the battery is still 3/4 full. In addition to having a puff counter, it also have a time counter that measures how many seconds the atty has been fired. So far, its at 10450 seconds Thats close to 3 hours of just firing the atty at 480degrees with a 30watt limit. And I still have 3/4 battery left.

I venture to say most people don't vape as much as me so the average vaper (not someone pushing 60watts kanthal with a sub ohm) will get several days out of one charge on this thing.

HAZZA1962

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get what your saying but I don't think it would have taken anything away from the styling to make the batteries replaceable and I would definitely had a punt!!! I'd have probably ended up wrapping it anyway like I do with everything I get !!!

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get what your saying but I don't think it would have taken anything away from the styling to make the batteries replaceable and I would definitely had a punt!!! I'd have probably ended up wrapping it anyway like I do with everything I get !!!

they would have had to make it much larger. at its widest internal width dimension, its only 18.9mm thick and an 18650 battery is 18.3mm. You would also cut the battery life in half. Think about how big dual 18650 battery mods are. this thing is 15 mm shorter, 8mm less in width and 2 mm less in depth than a hana v4d and the hana is pretty small for a dual 18650 mod, heck look at the ipv4

Again, I usually never buy mods with internal batteries for several reasons, but the main one being because when the battery takes a dump, the device is shot. I figured that for $60 and a 5000mah battery, it was worth a shot. I figure if it lasted me a year of everyday use, and daily charging, id get my monies worth. Now it should last me much longer since I have 5 other TC mods (3 of which are in my daily rotation). but even if I didn't, lets face it, in a year, there will be something new and better and the technology in this will be antiquated anyway.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
im very interested in this replaceable vs non replaceable thing for batteries. I have been using non replaceable. They annoy me. The battery stops holding a charge or q full charge, time to chuck another 30-50 out for a new device.

But with the prices of mods coming out going lower and lower the cost to replace a mod versus the price of replacing batteries seems about the same now
considering it takes 3-6 months before i blow out a non replaceable and it seems about every 3-6 months something better is out for the same price.

I mean ego batteries used to be 30-40 when they came out and were 1000mah max
now you can get a 2200 mah eleaf 30w for less and have variable wattage.
Now for a little more you can get 5k mah and TC

So 5k mah that will last the day or more with a back up of something like an eleaf 30w or what have you, for while its charging. versus carrying around batteries and be careful with the charger etc etc
By the time the battery of the evic vt's dies and you need to replace it, something new and better will be out. you'd be looking to upgrade your mod with replaceable batteries and probably need to replace at least some of your batteries as well.
SO i think the cost averages out in the long run if your a simple 1 mod person with a backup.
Built in batteries are less hassle for me. Provided I have 2 units so one can charge while I use the other.

The only draw back is if you get a bad built in battery.
If it goes bad under warranty no big deal. But if it goes bad 2 days after warranty then your screwed in the cost department.

But I think if your buying form a manufacturer like joytech, the chances of a bad battery 2 days after warranty expires are slim.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So 5k mah that will last the day or more with a back up of something like an eleaf 30w or what have you, for while its charging. versus carrying around batteries and be careful with the charger etc etc

I think you will be hard pressed to not get a full day on this device. As I said, I'm a very heavy vaper and usually go through 2, 18650 batteries a day. I average a 6-10 second puff every minute that I'm awake and after using this thing for 23 hours of awake time, exclusively, I still have more than half of the battery

So there's probably no reason you can't get a full day on it, charge when you go to sleep and wake up to a fresh charged battery. It takes about 6 hours to fully charge a depleted battery on a 1amp usb. The only thing you need a backup for would be in case your mod takes a dump, or if your like me and would rather have multiple mods with atties and flavors rather than swapping tanks on your one mod

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well if you put it like that!!!:(
lol.

Its kinda sad, but mods have become like all other electronics. By the time you buy one, the technology is old and outdated. Thats why I switched to Mac computers, the technology doesn't outdate themselves nearly as fast as a PC and they hold their value. But seriously, most of these devices will be old technology long before the battery needs replacing and I'm referring to the ones with removable 18650 ones. Look at the DNA40. The DNA40 introduced the whole TC thing to the industry, and less that 6 months later, it is probably the crappiest one on the market. I had 2 of them and sold one. The only reason I keep my hana is because its engraved with my youtube name and it would be hard to get rid of, but I rarely use it and I've only had it for about 3 months

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's pretty impressive from a mod that caught my attention with a slick paint job. Unless the new wears off and leaves an ugly scab ... this mod is probably my ticket to a vacation from new arrivalitis. I can see this'n carrying me through 2015.

To weigh in on the built in battery debacle: I decided not to let my investment in batteries and chargers keep me from thoroughly enjoying this Evic VT. Yes, I will have two eventually and when I do, I won't need to carry extra batteries and a charger on road trips - a microusb cable packs easier.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think it's pretty impressive from a mod that caught my attention with a slick paint job. Unless the new wears off and leaves an ugly scab ... this mod is probably my ticket to a vacation from new arrivalitis. I can see this'n carrying me through 2015.

To weigh in on the built in battery debacle: I decided not to let my investment in batteries and chargers keep me from thoroughly enjoying this Evic VT. Yes, I will have two eventually and when I do, I won't need to carry extra batteries and a charger on road trips - a microusb cable packs easier.

I was thinking the same thing. Living in south florida, I take the family (though they are all teenagers, one of which is 18) to disney once a month. When I go on the weekend trip, my wife makes fun of me because I have to bring 3 batteries, my charger and a lighter plug adapter for the charger. With this mod, I won't need any of it. The battery is big enough to last me the 3 hour car ride, and all day at the park. Then all i need to do is plug in the usb cable while I sleep and I'm good to go for the next day. Add to that, its small enough to put in my pocket while in the park for those quick vapes while everyone is at the bathroom. I used to take my provari, take off the extension tube and use a smaller battery to keep in my pocket but then I always worried about losing a mod I paid almost $200 for. At least, this is small enough to fit in my pocket, and if I were happen to lose it, though I wouldn't be happy, Id only be out $60 instead of the $200 plus battery that I paid for my SXmini m class

Though I like the paint job, the thing that caught my eye for this was the Titanium mode. It works awesome and really saves your battery. It takes half the watts to achieve the same temperature as the nickel coils. Thats probably why my battery is lasting so long. With a nickel coil, to achieve the 480degrees I have it set at, it hovers between 25-30 watts but with the titanium coil, it hovers around 15 watts to achieve the same temperature. and the flavor and vapor seems to be pretty even. I really hope yihi does an update to use Ti in the sxmini

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well I have to say, after reading this thread im about sold on getting one. Only issue is Mroutlaw keeps going on about titanium and I dont rebuild coils and kanger dont make stock titanium coils (yet?)

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
it comes with one Ti head and joyetech is making replacement heads. It works great with Ni200 as well. The reason I like the Titanium is because its much easier to rebuild with. The wire is similar to kanthal so rebuilding is much easier than i200

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I just received my package from vapenw that was supposed to contain my white evic vt only to open and find out they sent me an orange one by accident. Called them up and they apologized and immediately sent me a return shipping label and then offered the white one to me at a 20% discount. Now although I have to wait 2 more days for my white one, Im super stoked since I end up with the white evic vt, full kit for $56

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I just received my package from vapenw that was supposed to contain my white evic vt only to open and find out they sent me an orange one by accident. Called them up and they apologized and immediately sent me a return shipping label and then offered the white one to me at a 20% discount. Now although I have to wait 2 more days for my white one, Im super stoked since I end up with the white evic vt, full kit for $56
As long as you have the patience, thats a sweet deal. You mentioned you were vaping your ti at 15-20w @480°. If I may ask: On what atomizer and at what ohm?

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well I have to say, after reading this thread im about sold on getting one. Only issue is Mroutlaw keeps going on about titanium and I dont rebuild coils and kanger dont make stock titanium coils (yet?)

@Mroutlaw is right about them Ti goings on. And, it was also a selling point for me for several reasons. So, get the kit ... I complained about the Ego One Mega but it is keeping up with the 50 50 juice I just mixed (No secret that the 20 80 juice it didn't keep up with isn't tank friendly). And, FWIW, don't trash your Subtanks ... there is a Ni mode and my Subtank worked fine in wattage mode and Ni mode. Besides, I give Kangertech a month to catch up on their coil swap out to the vertical design and they'll have a Ti offering too.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somebody should do a tutorial video on wrapping ti. Not mentioning any names *cough* Mroutlaw*cough*

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As long as you have the patience, thats a sweet deal. You mentioned you were vaping your ti at 15-20w @480°. If I may ask: On what atomizer and at what ohm?

switching between the ego one with a clr coil rebuilt with 26g titanium (6 wraps on a 2.5mm rod) comes in at .30ohms.

Also using a mephesto rda, dual coil, 9 wraps each 26g Ti on a 3mm rod coming in at .21 ohms

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Somebody should do a tutorial video on wrapping ti. Not mentioning any names *cough* Mroutlaw*cough*
Im planning on it, but it wraps just like kanthal. Steam engine has the specifications for titanium 1 and 2. the resistance is about 30% of kanthal, so you don't need nearly as many wraps as with ni200. For example, a .2ohm dual coil with 26gauge ni200 would take 45wraps as opposed to the 9 wraps with titanium.

Biggest thing is DONT torch or dry burn Titanium, it could catch fire. Titanium isn't fully safe to use on regular vv/vw devices. It should only be used with a TC device that doesn't allow it to reach those temperatures. Also, just like ni200 coils, you want to use spaced wraps

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Mroutlaw is right about them Ti goings on. And, it was also a selling point for me for several reasons. So, get the kit ... I complained about the Ego One Mega but it is keeping up with the 50 50 juice I just mixed (No secret that the 20 80 juice it didn't keep up with isn't tank friendly). And, FWIW, don't trash your Subtanks ... there is a Ni mode and my Subtank worked fine in wattage mode and Ni mode. Besides, I give Kangertech a month to catch up on their coil swap out to the vertical design and they'll have a Ti offering too.

now that this device is out, I guarantee you're going to see a ton of Ti mods coming out so there will be lots of companies with Ti heads. remember when the dna came out. Only kanger had Ni200 heads and they were only sold through vaporshark. within a couple weeks, lots of companies had them

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im planning on it, but it wraps just like kanthal. Steam engine has the specifications for titanium 1 and 2. the resistance is about 30% of kanthal, so you don't need nearly as many wraps as with ni200. For example, a .2ohm dual coil with 26gauge ni200 would take 45wraps as opposed to the 9 wraps with titanium.

Biggest thing is DONT torch or dry burn Titanium, it could catch fire. Titanium isn't fully safe to use on regular vv/vw devices. It should only be used with a TC device that doesn't allow it to reach those temperatures. Also, just like ni200 coils, you want to use spaced wraps
Does it need separation between wraps like nickel?
Edit: didn't read last part till now. It does...gotcha.

VU Sponsors