wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I was out at a neighborhood party last night, Reo Grand in hand with a spare bottle and battery. There were a lot of smokers who kept running out of cigarettes, and I happily vaped away all night without worrying about having to run to the store:)
right !!!!!!!! vapelyfe!!!!!!

skagit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could the peppery taste come from PG in nic? I use vapertek VG base. No pepper. Haven't tasted pepper since going to max VG

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+10 on bull city pg and vg. best I have tried
Only place that gets my business. They have about every manufacturer worth using except I am interested in Hanseng flavors, but top 3 I use are there FA (of course), Inawera, and Cap. On stop shopping.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ya and the coolest thing is that the flavor art and inawera come in the original packaging. you know what you are getting. I usually get whatever FA I need for stock then load up on the smaller samples sizes I havent tried of the other vendors. purevapes still is the best for FA samples but you cant beat the price and what you get for the 10 ml bottles from bull city

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All pretty close, so I guess it depends on who has the flavors you need/want at the time.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nope. Still $7. Except tobaccos.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is FA so very concentrated ? Is that why its worth the price of 7.00 for 30ml ? In general, is it that much better than TFA as far as taste and concentration ?

TFA bulk sizing is 5.50 to 8.00 for 4 OZ (120 mls) 1.49 at wizard for 8 ml sample bottles

If so, I would really like someone experienced in both of those flavor companies to give me what they think are the very best of the best from FA...especially in the fruit flavor department..( If someone wouldn't mind please) :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thats crazy at 6mg huh. cap off for a night might help the flavors mellow out a bit or just leave it caps on for a few days and try it again. WL is pretty peppery tho. thats what I make my freebie juice for my friends with lol

Wizard is definitely peppery. I get all of mine in 100% VG. At one time I sent a bottle back and then I was told by an older member that it was just how the WL nic was made.

I have one more 250 ml bottle to use up before I try a cleaner tasting nic.

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
You sure that's a FlavourArt flavor? Candy Floss = Cotton Candy to Americans, which is ethyl maltol, used usually under 2% to mute flavors a bit. Some use it as a light sweetener, though its effect fades with time. Could that be a TFA flavoring?
ITS Flavourart CandyFloss--I tried to take a picture but can't get my camera to hold the focus on the small lettering. Ordered from Flavouart UK-- smells like sweet-something--maybe sweet strawberry.. I thinki I ordered the cotton candy and they sent me this --probaly same product

ok found it http://www.flavourart.co.uk/blended-flavours-10ml.html its one of their "thats nice" flavors
and it is strawberry---i just need to try it

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
FA...especially in the fruit flavor department..( If someone wouldn't mind please) :)

FA fruits: Apricot is perfection in a bottle. Lemon Sicily is a perfect Limoncello liqueur or lemon ice. White Peach is tops. Bilberry and Blackcurrant surpass every other blueberry and currant I've tried (both are very strong concentrates). Coconut tastes like fresh, real coconut flesh and coconut milk. Not all of FA's fruits are very strong flavorings. Pineapple and Banana are not. I have to go beyond 3% on those, most of the time. Lime, on the other hand - either one as low as 0.5% in a recipe is very much still there. I'll let those who like to vape fruits a lot take it from there.

FA other stuff: Irish Cream beat all the competition by a mile, as does Jamaican Rum. Vienna Cream is probably my most-used flavoring, because it is SO versatile in recipes and delicious even as a standalone flavor. Fresh Cream is perfectly named and also one of my most-used flavorings. All the vanillas are excellent - nothing artificial tasting about any of them. Coffee Espresso will make you throw all other coffee flavorings out the window. I will restrain myself from naming all the others. You'd get a shorter list if you asked which ones are NOT better than all the other brands (but it wouldn't be an empty list).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
ITS Flavourart CandyFloss--.. from Flavouart UK--

Huh, how about that. The UK site sometimes has different names for things, and has some blends they've named themselves, but neither would be the case with this. If you taste a drop on your finger and it seems like artificial sweetener, it's probably an ethyl maltol dilution, what we call EM or Cotton Candy. I had no idea FA sold that!

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
Huh, how about that. The UK site sometimes has different names for things, and has some blends they've named themselves, but neither would be the case with this. If you taste a drop on your finger and it seems like artificial sweetener, it's probably an ethyl maltol dilution, what we call EM or Cotton Candy. I had no idea FA sold that!

ok found it http://www.flavourart.co.uk/blended-flavours-10ml.html its one of their "thats nice" flavors
and it is strawberry---i just need to try it

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Is FA so very concentrated ? Is that why its worth the price of 7.00 for 30ml ?

Oh - forgot to say anything about this. Nearly all FA flavors have bold flavor at 3-5% standalone. Some need only 2% to taste strong, like Espresso and some of the tobaccos. Take a look at recipes with FA flavorings (from people other than me, or keep in mind mine tend to be light). It's rare to use as much as 8% total flavoring; my FA recipes rarely go over 6%. All my old TFA recipes used 8% as a starting point, averaged 10-12% total flavoring, sometimes used 15%. Just to give you a comparison. Even if FA prices doubled overnight, I'd still choose them over TFA for most flavors.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Is FA so very concentrated ? Is that why its worth the price of 7.00 for 30ml ? In general, is it that much better than TFA as far as taste and concentration ?

TFA bulk sizing is 5.50 to 8.00 for 4 OZ (120 mls) 1.49 at wizard for 8 ml sample bottles

If so, I would really like someone experienced in both of those flavor companies to give me what they think are the very best of the best from FA...especially in the fruit flavor department..( If someone wouldn't mind please) :)
blows TFA out of the water. 1-3% on the most common flavors. some less. a few I go higher on. ..... tho there are TFA I still use and cant do without.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

FA and TFA are night and day. Where TFA has a more candy taste to their fruits, FA flavors taste more like the real thing. I've blended the two with good success. I RARELY go above 3% for any one FA flavor. A 5ml bottle of FA flavoring will easily last me as long as a WL TFA 8ml bottle. At that point, I think the price is a wash. Eliquidmart has the best price for FA.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC- Masseur. Did you ever see the American movie version with Rutger Hauer? Not as good but entertaining, plus he was nice to look at back then. :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for all the input. I will give them a try. This will mean a whole lot more experimenting to try to come up with similar, but possibly better tasting recipies than I have been using the past year or two.

I am pretty active in the TFA recipie thread over at ECF. I dont know why I hadnt stumbled in the FA thread before. Hopefully most of the "heavy hitters" (people that know what their talking about) will find their way over here......;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC- Masseur. Did you ever see the American movie version with Rutger Hauer? Not as good but entertaining, plus he was nice to look at back then. :)

I need harder trivia questions! I've not seen the American version - Shintaro Katsu is forever Zatoichi for me! Dig that cane sword!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad to see more people are coming home:)

I suspect one of the reasons most of our mixes need no or very little steeping is because we use such low percentages. I need to try apricot alone - I've tried it in a couple of mixes, and it's one of those flavors I can't taste. It may be that I need to incrase the percentage so I can taste it!

Vangrl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
anyone on this thread have a Fuji apple recipe that's not tobacco? Or is it o.k as a standalone flavour and at what %?
Thanks in advance!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found apricot light, too.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know wllmc has one somewhere - but I forget where/what it is! HIC has two I think that use Fuji - check his blog back in The Other Place;)

Last edited:

Vangrl

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know wllmc has one somewhere - but I forget where/what it is! HIC has two I think that use Fuji - check her blog back in The Other Place;)
I saw wllmc had one for a tobacco vape, can't find any from HIC.

Also, how the heck do you send someone a p.m? i can't seem to figure that out

Jezabelle

Member For 4 Years
Can I join your club too? I didn't post over at that other place in the PV thread but I was a darn good lurker! I quit posting over there last year after I got my paws smacked with a newspaper in the Vape Happy thread.

Hey there wllmc....that was quite the recipe you came up with near the end...10% roasted chicken? Ummmm tasty! I laughed so freakin hard I spewed coffee all over my monitor. It was worth it though- man you are one funny dude!

VU Sponsors