Become a Patron!

FUN!!! Post a random fact about yourself

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Store-bought tomatoes are so awful, I don't even care that I can't eat tomatoes anymore. It's the home-grown ones I really miss.

Andria
homegrown cucumbers and fresh dug up potatoes, fresh picked green beans....are also up on the top of the list.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I know 5 programming languages. Pretty rusty at the moment since I haven't programmed a lot since university, but 5 nonetheless.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Quit smoking with a cartoon of cigs in the refrigerator. Gave cartoon to my bro, unfortunately he still smokes the cancer sticks.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quit smoking with a cartoon of cigs in the refrigerator. Gave cartoon to my bro, unfortunately he still smokes the cancer sticks.

The only way I could quit and not have a panic attack was to still have some in the house. So after my relapse to dual-use and 2nd quit, I stuck my last open pack in a ziplock in the freezer. Now the only time I see it is when I need to get some nicotine from my freezer stash, since they're right behind one of the nic boxes. I stick my tongue out at them everytime, and tell Virginia Slims to kiss my ass. :giggle:

Andria

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The only way I could quit and not have a panic attack was to still have some in the house. So after my relapse to dual-use and 2nd quit, I stuck my last open pack in a ziplock in the freezer. Now the only time I see it is when I need to get some nicotine from my freezer stash, since they're right behind one of the nic boxes. I stick my tongue out at them everytime, and tell Virginia Slims to kiss my ass. :giggle:

Andria

I knew if I didn't quit the first time, there was not going to be a second time.

Lol. Keep on, keepin' on.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I knew if I didn't quit the first time, there was not going to be a second time.

Lol. Keep on, keepin' on.

Well a big part of the reason for that relapse was when I started having major cravings after my appendectomy... and realized I HAD NO CIGARETTES IN THE HOUSE!!!!!! I literally had a screaming hissyfit, so my husband went and got me a pack... at midnight. :D So I determined, I would NEVER EVER throw away that last pack. They've been in the back of the freezer now for 2 yrs, 8 mos, and 6 days. :giggle:

Andria

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well a big part of the reason for that relapse was when I started having major cravings after my appendectomy... and realized I HAD NO CIGARETTES IN THE HOUSE!!!!!! I literally had a screaming hissyfit, so my husband went and got me a pack... at midnight. :D So I determined, I would NEVER EVER throw away that last pack. They've been in the back of the freezer now for 2 yrs, 8 mos, and 6 days. :giggle:

Andria

Understand all that and you have a good husband. Congrats on almost three years .

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Random fact:

I officiated a wedding inside a minor league baseball stadium. Dressed as Elvis.

The bride was dressed as an angel princess, with a wand, tiara and wings. The groom was a warrior, with torso body armor, a sword and a kilt. They wore matching orange boots.

I guess it's safe to say that's a Life Highlight.

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought Sublime's original album out of their van on a cassette tape and still have it....quality sucks as it was copied thousands of times for friends.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, my daddy he once told me, "Son, you be hard working man"
My mama she once told me, "Son, you do the best you can"
But then one day I met a man who came up to me and said

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Random fact:

I officiated a wedding inside a minor league baseball stadium. Dressed as Elvis.

The bride was dressed as an angel princess, with a wand, tiara and wings. The groom was a warrior, with torso body armor, a sword and a kilt. They wore matching orange boots.

I guess it's safe to say that's a Life Highlight.

My husband and I married in the cantina where we met :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the flu.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I just got over it and a secondary sinus infection after... and now I have a fucking cold! AARGHHH!!!

Andria

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm fighting to get social security disability benefits. An aggravating thing to go through.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I know your pain. I'm goin in to the VA tomorrow for something to tide me over until the the procedure to burn the nerves in my spine in the end of June. I am in the middle of a long battle to fix my disability rating with them. The VA is a sinister beast.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know your pain. I'm goin in to the VA tomorrow for something to tide me over until the the procedure to burn the nerves in my spine in the end of June. I am in the middle of a long battle to fix my disability rating with them. The VA is a sinister beast.

The VA has a lot of problems and the way they treat vets is heinous. Thank you so very much for your service! I hope you get it fixed soon and get the treatment that you deserve and have more than earned. :hug:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The VA cured my husband's Hep C. :)

Andria

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The VA cured my brother's Hep C.:)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm just trying to survive this motherfucking cold without running out of lotion-tissue. My nose would never survive regular tissue, with all this blowing. :blech:

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm just trying to survive this motherfucking cold without running out of lotion-tissue. My nose would never survive regular tissue, with all this blowing. :blech:

Andria

I always have a rough time, even with Puffs with lotion. Vaseline is a lifesaver during colds for me.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been a morning person and a very heavy sleeper my whole life, even when I was a child and teen.
I will wake up by 6am with no alarm, even if I am up until 2am. 8am is sleeping in for me and it is very rare.

If I go to bed before 10pm, then I will wake up 7-8 hours later.
After 7pm, I can usually go to sleep as soon as i lay down even if it is a noisy area and will sleep through any noises.
After 4pm, I will usually fall asleep after 5-10 mins and sleep 7-8 hours.

Once the sun comes up I am wide awake, even if I haven't slept in over 24 hours, and I wont start getting tired again until 4pm.
As such, I can't really work nights for more then a few days in a row because I usually wont get more then short naps when trying to sleep during the day.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always have a rough time, even with Puffs with lotion. Vaseline is a lifesaver during colds for me.

I can't stand the greasy feel of vaseline. But, thx to the "dishydrous eczema" on my hands, I have some colloidal-oatmeal cream, and some hydrocortisone cream, neither of which has a scent, so either would probably help my poor nose. So far it hasn't gotten raw, thx to the lotion-tissues, but if this shit keeps up much longer, it probably will.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't stand the greasy feel of vaseline. But, thx to the "dishydrous eczema" on my hands, I have some colloidal-oatmeal cream, and some hydrocortisone cream, neither of which has a scent, so either would probably help my poor nose. So far it hasn't gotten raw, thx to the lotion-tissues, but if this shit keeps up much longer, it probably will.

Andria

I can't either. I usually just put a very, very thin coating on my nose flares at bedtime. During the day, I use a lotion. I used to use Bag Balm but have been out for some time now and keep forgetting to order more.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't either. I usually just put a very, very thin coating on my nose flares at bedtime. During the day, I use a lotion. I used to use Bag Balm but have been out for some time now and keep forgetting to order more.

This may sound weird, but I've found that Blistex ointment works WONDERS on the sores inside the nose -- figure it's safe to use on the lips, where you might get traces in your mouth, so it's safe enough for the nose, too. Plus it's cooling, which helps the pain of those nose sores (anything in or around the nose hurts like a bastard!), and the menthol in it even helps nose-breathing. If your nose gets dry and cracked and painful inside in the winter, Blistex is great for that, too.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This may sound weird, but I've found that Blistex ointment works WONDERS on the sores inside the nose -- figure it's safe to use on the lips, where you might get traces in your mouth, so it's safe enough for the nose, too. Plus it's cooling, which helps the pain of those nose sores (anything in or around the nose hurts like a bastard!), and the menthol in it even helps nose-breathing. If your nose gets dry and cracked and painful inside in the winter, Blistex is great for that, too.

Andria

Oh, I have no doubt about Blistex. You know what also works extremely well that I forgot about? Nose Butter. (Or Booboo Butter, or Paw Butter) They're all natural and have great healing stuff in them. Works wonders on the dogs so I figured I'd try it. I use it for my lips, my dry elbows, and tattoo healing. :)

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been a morning person and a very heavy sleeper my whole life, even when I was a child and teen.
I will wake up by 6am with no alarm, even if I am up until 2am. 8am is sleeping in for me and it is very rare.

If I go to bed before 10pm, then I will wake up 7-8 hours later.
After 7pm, I can usually go to sleep as soon as i lay down even if it is a noisy area and will sleep through any noises.
After 4pm, I will usually fall asleep after 5-10 mins and sleep 7-8 hours.

Once the sun comes up I am wide awake, even if I haven't slept in over 24 hours, and I wont start getting tired again until 4pm.
As such, I can't really work nights for more then a few days in a row because I usually wont get more then short naps when trying to sleep during the day.
Must be nice. I've always been a moon child. Even as a baby I wandered our house in the nighttime and freaked out my parents.

Trying to adapt to a daytime life was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
dont mind mother nature she is have a hot flash or to :D

VU Sponsors