Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

happy valley

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like it needs warranty. One of my 6 had that issue as well but they took care of me

Good that they did, could you elaborate a bit more on what was happening and what they said was the problem/solution? Did they replace the board? Thanks.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Good that they did, could you elaborate a bit more on what was happening and what they said was the problem/solution? Did they replace the board? Thanks.
It would randomly say check Atomizer when everything was good they replaced my 510 and board under warranty

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1762be6c276f4158f44ca9604ff2090e.jpg

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, I received my wrecker G2 but it keeps saying ohms restricted and connect atomizer. I tried 3 different atomizers (OBS engine, crown and some other tank from a local vape shop) on it but I can not get it to work. Any help and suggestions is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Did you ever figure out what the issue was here? I just opened my Slice from Vaporworld & having the same issue with it not reading resistance.

Only just opened it, set it up & noticed the issue. Haven't checked inside yet.

Last edited:

jb58

Member For 4 Years
Anybody remember what page the update for mac was on.....really don't want to go through 90+ pages.

Thanks,
Joe

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thats for the Win OS...Im not sure if it works on the Mac,.HohmTech I think has a separate link for the Mac edition but...let e check on it

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nvm...looks like its just the one updater...Both my updated updater and the stock version should work on Mac/Linux

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those looking for the updater Link:<br /><br />http://www.mediafire.com/file/dipubcllswo5zyn/Hohm-Wrecker-G2-Updater_Raymo_Edition_V2.rar

This one also. I might have messed up the first one

Thats for the Win OS...Im not sure if it works on the Mac,.HohmTech I think has a separate link for the Mac edition but...let e check on it
OK, this has been bugging me and I don't think I asked so I'll just ask here... what's the difference between the raymo2u updater vs the standard one?

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, this has been bugging me and I don't think I asked so I'll just ask here... what's the difference between the raymo2u updater vs the standard one?
Rays works with older versions of Windows where as the orginal pretty much is made for Windows 10

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rays works with older versions of Windows where as the orginal pretty much is made for Windows 10
oh, I haven't had an issue running the HT version on Windows Xp pro and Windows 7 pro. I did use the raymo2u version on both OSs without a hiccup too. good to know tho that his version is ment for the older windows OS.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
oh, I haven't had an issue running the HT version on Windows Xp pro and Windows 7 pro. I did use the raymo2u version on both OSs without a hiccup too. good to know tho that his version is ment for the older windows OS.
That's what I gathered from it. I could be way out in left field. I'm sure he will elaborate more on it than I could.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey CD, I think I told you the Therion wasn't pocket friendly, well, it isn't pocket book friendly. I have a Triade, not a Therion, and it is not a very light, easy carry mod. You might consider this as your work mod/squonk setup.
1483942038469-1717907222-jpg.71061

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is pretty good so far ( a couple of hours) with the Origen Little 16mm . I have it set for a very tight MTL draw and it actually works.

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so it seems that temp protect isn't working for me for kanthal on the G2?
Here's the details, someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong.
Fresh charged batteries (100%), press & hold the mode button until it powers on.
Remove the atty (velocity clone RDA)
Press the fire button and get the "connect atomizer" message (did this a few times to clear resistance)
Press the mode button 3 times (get insane temp mode options)
Again press the mode button 3 times (get the Advanced TC Mode and select xxx)
Press fire button 3 times so I can set my wattage - mine is set to 65W
Press fire button 3 times again and set my temp - mine is set to 370F
Press and hold the mode, up, down buttons simultaneously to get to the Advanced Insanity Menu
FSK Temp curve is set to XXX 0.0 (press fire button to save)
Press down button once to get to Exit and then press Fire button.
Now I'm at the main screen where it shows I'm in XXX mode, 65W and temp is 370F
Press fire button to show my resistance (0.40ohm) using dual 26/32 kanthal claptons
At this point, it should not fire as the FSK curve is 0.0 but mine does. It will actually fire and burn dry cotton. I've tried setting the temp down and eventually if I set it low enough it won't fire. However, when I add juice to my wicks it barely gets warm enough to produce any vape. And if I go outside where it's colder it won't fire at all until I raise the FSK curve. Works great otherwise, just not doing it's job in XXX mode. Previously I've just been using Wattage mode and it works fine, figured I've give temp control a try with kanthal for a change.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fresh charged batteries (100%), press & hold the mode button until it powers on.
Press the fire button and get the "connect atomizer" message (did this a few times to clear resistance)
Press and hold the mode, up, down buttons simultaneously to get to the Advanced Insanity Menu
Press fire button to show my resistance (0.40ohm) using dual 26/32 kanthal claptons
At this point, it should not fire as the FSK curve is 0.0 but mine does. It will actually fire and burn dry cotton. I've tried setting the temp down and eventually if I set it low enough it won't fire. However, when I add juice to my wicks it barely gets warm enough to produce any vape. And if I go outside where it's colder it won't fire at all until I raise the FSK curve. Works great otherwise, just not doing it's job in XXX mode. Previously I've just been using Wattage mode and it works fine, figured I've give temp control a try with kanthal for a change.
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/292147/

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, tried Kanthal preset, tried Auto+TC and also XXX mode. Same thing. Oh & yes, I updated to the latest firmware. Funny part is, I'm pretty sure I had it working when I first got the G2 (Christmas morning) with kanthal so it's probably something I've changed in the settings that isn't right

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The FSK does not work when you start with dry cotton, needs to be wet first. I don't know the tech of how it works but I saw that mentioned by Ben from Hohmtech on the pbrusardo video once. If I remember correctly it has something to do with how the chip pings the coils and if you start off with dry cotton it will use that as a baseline, the baseline needs to be wet cotton for kanthal to work.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
whatever happened with that new hohmtech box that's supposed to be coming out? was it a rumor?

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know I have a lot of mods but don't think you can beat what we have now for every day carrying! For home I could see buying a three battery mod. I would like to keep the same material they're using now but the cost..... I have good looking three battery mods but not ONE I could through through a brick wall;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet we see one pop up in the next month or two!
We might, if the kids at Vapor cube remember to post it on their site. I was in VaporDNA the other day, they didn't know much about Hohm Tech, so I pulled out the Slice, let them marvel at the easy set-up, TC kanthal and all, got up on the soap box and preached for a while, helped them see the light. We shall see!

VU Sponsors