Become a Patron!

I was not banned but I'm getting sick and tired of ECF!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The cats need a night of fun with a rotweiler hung like a mule

Firestorm

Member For 4 Years
Didn't they make a movie about ECF once?

obey.jpg

Fantastic movie!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
A combination of that and being upset for someone I bought something from calling me at home at 1am to scream and call me theif. - he said I got the item, sent me proof of it in north Carolina so when I told him that's the wrong state, i was the bad guy.
Geography is bad

I think the mods want only people they approve of on there.
Or-
Its a conspiracy put on by big tobacco to keep all of we ex-smokers at each others throats so that we are distracted while they help the gubbamint pass legislation on us.

One of those ^^

ECF is Oliver Kershaw's personal cash cow.
no more, no less

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess some ECF members lurk and stalk here then run back to ECF and post garbage.

I got an PM over there from someone directing me to a post where this clown talks garbage. I have no idea who this asshat is as I've never said a single word to him. Why he feels the need to bury a post in an insignificant ECF thread as opposed to being a man about it and send me a private message I have no idea.

This part of the quote was after a long, rambling and incoherent post..

Thrasher said:
On a side note I see a new ecf deserter in the why I left thread, instantly getting insulted in a tiff with someone lol what a way to be welcomed onto another forum eh?

How hard is it to follow a few stupid rules, not like you can go to work or a restaurant and be a jerk there either.

I got into a tiff with someone here? What a dickwad!

What he fails to understand is that it's NOT about following rules. It's about some getting preferential treatment See there Mr. Thrasher, if I called you an asshat on ECF you'd whine to the moderators and I'd get banned. If you called someone a name, your moderator buddies would look the other way. Get it now asshat?

Anyway, I have no clue who this Thrasher clown is or why he is obviously obsessed with me leaving ECF almost 2 weeks ago.. Maybe he has a secret man crush on me or something? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What's a genhead?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh......
I never want to be called a driphead.

I'll start smoking again first

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh......
I never want to be called a driphead.

I'll start smoking again first

People make up their own terminology all the time..

I'm a driphead and a tankhead I guess . :D

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are cliques here too, but not being one of the "cool kids" myself, I can say moderators here do not ban, warn or stifle discussion based on preferential treatment.

The cool kids might pile on and beat a person up a bit if their group think ways are challenged but you are allowed to swing back. :p

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Only one gang allowed here... the cat ladies.
And they don't need to KNOW a mod...
If you speak poorly of their friend / vendor's performance, you will be attacked... and banned. Just don't speak against their friends, and you'll be fine here.

That said, VU still blows ECF off the map.

Post deleted and username banned (again) in 3... 2... 1
Nah only simplistic fucks who try and smear a vendor get that treatment.
And chinese shill accounts.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are cliques here too, but not being one of the "cool kids" myself, I can say moderators here do not ban, warn or stifle discussion based on preferential treatment.

The cool kids might pile on and beat a person up a bit if their group think ways are challenged but you are allowed to swing back. :p

Clicks and groups are everywhere and that's fine by me.. My issue is when they are allowed to act with impunity because they are buds with a moderator. As long as everyone is treated the same then that's a-ok in my book. Heck I get along just fine on Vape Pit and that joint is the wild wild west..

I can take the heat, no problem. I don't usually fight back though, I just ignore trouble makers and generally take the high road.. It's much easier to let them have the last word than to continue to argue..

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Clicks and groups are everywhere and that's fine by me.. My issue is when they are allowed to act with impunity because they are buds with a moderator. As long as everyone is treated the same then that's a-ok in my book. Heck I get along just fine on Vape Pit and that joint is the wild wild west..

I can take the heat, no problem. I don't usually fight back though, I just ignore trouble makers and generally take the high road.. It's much easier to let them have the last word than to continue to argue..
If you start shit do not be the wall and just let it stick... fling that shit back.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you start shit do not be the wall and just let it stick... fling that shit back.
Without getting into what I did for a living before I retired, lets just say there is nothing that can be said to me online that I would find upsetting or troublesome..

In my job, I was called every name in the book and some that were not even in the book. People said they slept with my mom, tag teamed my wife and would kill my child..

I actually had to send my son out of state once because of a credible threat against his life. He was 11 at the time. So online junk? Pfffffffft, easy to ignore them.. :D

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Without getting into what I did for a living before I retired, lets just say there is nothing that can be said to me online that I would find upsetting or troublesome..

In my job, I was called every name in the book and some that were not even in the book. People said they slept with my mom, tag teamed my wife and would kill my child..

I actually had to send my son out of state once because of a credible threat against his life. He was 11 at the time. So online junk? Pfffffffft, easy to ignore them.. :D
Sounds like a Feddy or state run cement prison of broken toys.
online is nothing I agree but fling and flame away, it is fun watching people get spun out.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I could never work in a prison. I don't know how them guys and gals do it...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What's wrong with that? Its an honest living

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well repoman is...congressman,not so much......it's just that both are lines of bussiness that tends to create enemies.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well. The enemies I created redoing cars weren't the kind of people I would want was friends

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no doubt...what would motivate you to do that for a living....other than big stacks of money.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Deleted. Don't know why a person who is on ignore posts show up in Tapatalk.. BOO!

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
no doubt...what would motivate you to do that for a living....other than big stacks of money.
I was a PI. For ten years and was living in a state that allowed me to do repos with a PI license, it was good money.

After Katrina you did what had to be done to provide for your family; and, welfare was never my thing

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
f**king hell, it seems like the whole country is in a similar boat....at least it's in the rearview mirror.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm not exactly going to get into the game of whose got a shittier life. But that whole situation happens from time to time I guess. Leave work Friday and everything is ok, Sunday you wake up in another town and watch your hometown get decimated.

As far looking for work it is equivalent, I have two college degrees in electronics and computers, it took me a year find a job in that field. And I graduated top o f my class.

Outside of an elected official, I'm not gonna judge anyone based on what they do after seeing what I had to go through to get work., providing its an honest job

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not exactly going to get into the game of whose got a shittier life. But that whole situation happens from time to time I guess. Leave work Friday and everything is ok, Sunday you wake up in another town and watch your hometown get decimated.

As far looking for work it is equivalent, I have two college degrees in electronics and computers, it took me a year find a job in that field. And I graduated top o f my class.

Outside of an elected official, I'm not gonna judge anyone based on what they do after seeing what I had to go through to get work., providing its an honest job
Haven't you heard Mark Zuckenberg can't find any S.T.E.M workers in America...he's forced to go to India....the lying little turd.....

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I have a BAS in computer science as well but never worked in the field.. I know for a while that field was booming! Has it slowed now?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not necessarily, I'm card carrying member of the IEEE, (electrical engineer) I graduated number 2 in the class. Problem I can't get into certain plants or oil rigs so the oil industry is pretty much out. The rest of the field in my area is medical and they don't believe in firing people; coupled with obamacare and they just aren't hiring

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not necessarily, I'm card carrying member of the IEEE, (electrical engineer) I graduated number 2 in the class. Problem I can't get into certain plants or oil rigs so the oil industry is pretty much out. The rest of the field in my area is medical and they don't believe in firing people; coupled with obamacare and they just aren't hiring
Bummer! Glad you were able to eventually find some work. It's tuff out there..

Yes my son has been laid off since mid January from the oil industry.. He is actually thinking about taking a job offer in Saudi Arabia.. :eek:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bummer! Glad you were able to eventually find some work. It's tuff out there..

Yes my son has been laid off since mid January from the oil industry.. He is actually thinking about taking a job offer in Saudi Arabia.. :eek:
The cats over their are making a killing, I have a cousin over there pulling 300k+ a year.
We have a lot of opening here in Louisiana . Texas and Oklahoma does as well

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess some ECF members lurk and stalk here then run back to ECF and post garbage.

I got an PM over there from someone directing me to a post where this clown talks garbage. I have no idea who this asshat is as I've never said a single word to him. Why he feels the need to bury a post in an insignificant ECF thread as opposed to being a man about it and send me a private message I have no idea.

This part of the quote was after a long, rambling and incoherent post..

I got into a tiff with someone here? What a dickwad!

What he fails to understand is that it's NOT about following rules. It's about some getting preferential treatment See there Mr. Thrasher, if I called you an asshat on ECF you'd whine to the moderators and I'd get banned. If you called someone a name, your moderator buddies would look the other way. Get it now asshat?

Anyway, I have no clue who this Thrasher clown is or why he is obviously obsessed with me leaving ECF almost 2 weeks ago.. Maybe he has a secret man crush on me or something? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..
So ya cant just just pm on ecf and ask hey man whats up with that? Nope gotta come back here and start callin me a dickhead where ya think yourhiding in the shadows.

Know what? I dont give a fuck who goes where, I dont have a problem with everyone, if I dont agree with them I simply quit posting. Im on just about every forum that exists and they all have their own version of rules. And if you choose not to accept them either shut up or move on.
last time I checked you cant be an asshat in the local restaurant either.and its your choice to accept that or eat somewhere else.

i agree ecf can get strange sometimes but I choose to ignor the warnings and accept that as the way it is for that forum, just like I choose to accept the hand slaps at POTV, . And other places. Why? Cause I dig helping people its what I do, online and off. You dont see me here much cause it seems theres not much to correct, over there im weeding through 50 wrong answers trying yo keep some noob from losing fingers. People even know my personal email is open if you really need help that bad.

I dont whine to noone about shit just like you I hit ignore and keep it to myself. But unlike you i dont feel a need to post about it.
So fuck you and your preferential treatment, i get warnings too, im just man enough to shrug it off and go yea whatever not run to another forum crying like a 10 year old girl who got slapped on the playground, maybe dont act like a douchbag and they will leave you alone

Last edited:

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So ya cant just just pm on ecf and ask hey man whats up with that? Nope gotta come back here and start callin me a dickhead where ya think yourhiding in the shadows.

Know what? I dont give a fuck who goes where, I dont have a problem with everyone, if I dont agree with them I simply quit posting. Im on just about every gorum thst exists and they all have their own version of rules. And if you choose not yo accept them either shut up or move on last time I checked you cant be an asshat in the local restaurant either.and its your choice to accept that or eat somewhere else.

i agree ecf can get strange sometimes but I choose to ignor the warnings and accept that as the way it is for that forum, just like I choose to accept the hand slaps at POTV, .
You missed the point... It's not the rules I have a problem with.. I've been a member on ECF since January 2010 and never have had an issue there other than the ones I've listed here..

It's the double standards there that I have an issue with, I was going to PM you here but didn't know if it was the same person (same username, different avatar) and I have NO interest whatsoever talking to you on ECF. Why? So you can report the PM to the ECF moderators? PASS!

Why were you so worried that you felt the need to make a post about my leaving almost 2-weeks after the fact? Are you playing a game? Nice job trying to make yourself sound so helpful though. I've been there for 5 1/2 years and never heard of you until I go the PM about your post.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, snap raqball...LOL..I told you Thrasher was cool and helpfull.....I'm guessing you deserved that ....the whole time I was at ECF Thrasher always came across as level headed, and sympathetic.I always valued his opinions.....and all that being said ..to Thrasher...the mods at ecf are a bunch of sadists.

Last edited:

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea my start date is 2012
I have some 12000 likes not sure how you miss someone with that kind of exposure

Not 3 min ago this was posted

I told you I am smiling more often... and I am smiling now.  You were one of my very first mentors Thrasher. I thank you for it.

Im not here to start a war I was there the day joe got banned still never understood it.
I talk about ecf on nu vapor I talk about things there somewhere else.

I play def and dumb, what other people go through I cant control. But I dont like being accused of being part of it. And i really cant control it and wish it wasn't a thing.my business stays my business, I dont whine to nobody. I think in 4 years I sent 1 pm to a mod to get a chinese spammer to quit texting. me

In 20 years online from max pc to ecf I try to not talk about people. You post something stupid? Fair game but I wont attack you first.

I made an observation bro and yes, tiff is pretty accurate. Not saying you started it even, didnt mention you by name. Just that it was funny, my sick sense of humor I laughed. But I dont care that you came here, I dont even care what you say about ecf, not my business or my problems. But my name was brought up first so here I am.

Ill be first to admit it ( because im neutral) your in some fine company here. Theres a lot of old guard in here, its sad they had o leave for what ever reason and while they may be more tolerant, dont think they wont smack ya down too. Cept here they do it in the open ;-)

So ill even man up first and say peace bro, my bad, no war zone.

Last edited:

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea my start date is 2012
I have some 12000 likes not sure how you miss someone with that kind of exposure

Not 3 min ago this was posted

I told you I am smiling more often... and I am smiling now.  You were one of my very first mentors Thrasher. I thank you for it.

Im not here to start a war I was there the day joe got banned still never understood it.
I talk about ecf on nu vapor I talk about things there somewhere else.

I play def and dumb, what other people go through I cant control. But I dont like being accused of being part of it. In 20 years online from max pc to ecf I try to not talk about people. You post something stupid? Fair game but I wont attack you first.

I made an observation bro and yes, tiff is pretty accurate. Not saying you started it even, didnt mention you by name. Just that it was funny, my sick sense of humor I laughed. But I dont care that you came here, I dont even care what you say about ecf, not my business or my problems.

Ill be first to admit it ( because im neutral) your in some fine company here. Theres a lot of old guard in here, its sad they hsd to leave for what ever reason and while they may be more tolerant, dont think yhey wont smack ya down too.

So ill even man up first and say peace bro, my bad, no war zone.

I don't care about how many likes someone (or I) have. It's not important to me in the least bit. Many of the gang members on ECF care about that garbage. There was a recent thread over there when one of them (who is admittedly and in the open friends with a moderator) jumped up and down and said in a least 2 different posts that they had 5000 likes.. LOL

I also can care less about exposure. I try to help people when I can, I like reading their stories, and I really like seeing other peoples gear and sharing mine..

I don't know why you decided to post about me leaving as it really was uncalled for. Like I said, I didn't even know who you were before getting the PM about your post.

Buy hey, I try to be level headed as well so we can just chalk this up to a misunderstanding and move along.. I don't know you personally and I don't have a beef with you other than what I mentioned..

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can remember some idiotbraggin, well I got 5000 posts you shouldnt doubt me cause I know what im talking about...

We jumped on his ass like little greek villagers smashing wine grapes.

Its the internet bro theres gonna be cliques on every forum. The only way to 100% neutralize them is bite your tongue and say nothing. Not only do they not win they dont get the satifaction of baiting you into thier little game.

Maybe im different, I put the blinders up and head to another post. You can even see me say it, " well this threads run its course" or im not touching that one see ys.

Ya got to pay attention,,,,, , on every forum,,,,,, I see that point where they change direction and I bail. Others dont and those are the same people complaining about the mods. They get caught in the runaway clique bait.

If you go about your business, say what you have to say and just ignore the dumasses and detractors. You dont end up in shit.

Just cause the bartenders friend whos a loudmouth jerk is talkin shit. Doesnt mean you need to try and do the same, find another seat instead.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This forum(VU) exists because ECF sucks. It was made what it is today, in large part, due to past ecf members leaving and coming here.

This subfourm exists to bitch and whine about how much ecf sucks. In large part, due to past ecf members leaving and coming here.

This is the place to come and bitch about ECF. It's encouraged and desired. Fuck ecf and their rules. The sooner ecf dies a timely death so that there are not 500 posts to correct, the better.

Being a ECF deserter is a badge of honor.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can remember some idiotbraggin, well I got 5000 posts you shouldnt doubt me cause I know what im talking about...

We jumped on his ass like little greek villagers smashing wine grapes.

Its the internet bro theres gonna be cliques on every forum. The only way to 100% neutralize them is bite your tongue and say nothing. Not only do they not win they dont get the satifaction of baiting you into thier little game.

Maybe im different, I put the blinders up and head to another post. You can even see me say it, " well this threads run its course" or im not touching that one see ys.

Ya got to pay attention,,,,, , on every forum,,,,,, I see that point where they change direction and I bail. Others dont and those are the same people complaining about the mods. They get caught in the runaway clique bait.

If you go about your business, say what you have to say and just ignore the dumasses and detractors. You dont end up in shit.

Just cause the bartenders friend whos a loudmouth jerk is talkin shit. Doesnt mean you need to try and do the same, find another seat instead.
I agree with most of this BUT..

That's kind of the point to bail from ECF.. Do I really want to support a forum that has such a massive double standard? I was a supporting member on ECF almost my entire 5 1/2 years there. It just lapsed and I decided to not renew it. I don't mind sending money to a forum that's fair which ECF is not.

The bigger problem is that those select members who can get away with anything are empowered by it. This empowerment then entices them to act like a shark with blood in the water when someone disagrees with another in their click..

I am the admin of a small cycling forum so I know how it goes. Luckily, everyone who visits there is laid back. In over a year not a single warning has been issued.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So what is this this shit, you guys have it out at one forum then come to another one to fight some more and let us read y'all's arguing?!
C'mon seriously?!
Leave y'all's baggage at the door and all of yall grow The fuck up!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This forum(VU) exists because ECF sucks. It was made what it is today, in large part, due to past ecf members leaving and coming here.

This subfourm exists to bitch and whine about how much ecf sucks. In large part, due to past ecf members leaving and coming here.

This is the place to come and bitch about ECF. It's encouraged and desired. Fuck ecf and their rules. The sooner ecf dies a timely death so that there are not 500 posts to correct, the better.

Being a ECF deserter is a badge of honor.
I thought this forum existed to post pictures of naked women,....bastards, well at least I learned to give up smoking.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not like you can go to work or a restaurant and the boss or waitress can be a jerk and you'll go back there again. Go to a better restaurant, VAPING UNDERGROUND.

VU Sponsors