Become a Patron!

I was not banned but I'm getting sick and tired of ECF!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Man if you drove across Texas and that's the only issue you had you have damn low standards.hell even tumbelweeds stay out of that shithole.
Well, considering all I saw was brown ........

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On my journey from Cali to FL 22 years ago I made that I-10 journey. Don't remember most of the Texas part. It was dusk when I entered and dawn when I exited. I do remember I went from Phoenix to a detour to Naw'lins in that stint though. Passed out in my car as soon as I parked. A nice cop woke me up and I checked into the hotel. Spent 2 days bar hopping Bourbon St. Then on to SFL for what was supposed to be summer break and I've kinda been stuck in this damn swamp since.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you're in a much better place.hahaha
I was sent to Tucson for 2 years after Katrina.i made the drive in one shot since we had nowhere to go. Myself, now ex-wife, 2 cats and my trusty humidor. It took 23hrs and 40 minutes! When I moved back it took 24.5 that last half was me stopping at the Louisiana state line to kiss the ground. Hahaha
I liked it in the old west as a break from reality here, but sweet baby Jesus I don't see how anyone can live that far away from a salty body of water, Abita beer, Andouille and a place to fish for trout.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't count hours behind the wheel. I was young, dumb, and just wanted to party. It was certainly upwards of 24 though. These days on long road trips I know enough to shut myself down at about 12 hours. Unless the total drive is 16, then I'll push on.

It's amazing the effect that fatherhood has on a guy. I actually think things out now, and consider safety, not go just because.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't count hours behind the wheel. I was young, dumb, and just wanted to party. It was certainly upwards of 24 though. These days on long road trips I know enough to shut myself down at about 12 hours. Unless the total drive is 16, then I'll push on.

It's amazing the effect that fatherhood has on a guy. I actually think things out now, and consider safety, not go just because.
Hahahaha!!!
I was just saving money on hotels and wanted to get some quiet(notice the ex part)

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And... Thread successfully derailed, mission accomplished!

Back on topic, I doubt our detour would fly at ECF, they do seem too nazi'ish to allow fun.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My name is on here - only reason they need to close it

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you're in a much better place.hahaha
I was sent to Tucson for 2 years after Katrina.i made the drive in one shot since we had nowhere to go. Myself, now ex-wife, 2 cats and my trusty humidor. It took 23hrs and 40 minutes! When I moved back it took 24.5 that last half was me stopping at the Louisiana state line to kiss the ground. Hahaha
I liked it in the old west as a break from reality here, but sweet baby Jesus I don't see how anyone can live that far away from a salty body of water, Abita beer, Andouille and a place to fish for trout.
a salty body of water,andouille and a place to fish for trout....sweet baby Jesus a man after my own heart..........and I was born in Tucson.......my wife and I constantly have this conversation when we think of moving ...I want to move to wyoming,but not until they get an ocean. too many damn hippies in Oregon,and Washington is ful satanists..actually Oregon is pretty cool.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
a salty body of water,andouille and a place to fish for trout....sweet baby Jesus a man after my own heart..........and I was born in Tucson.......my wife and I constantly have this conversation when we think of moving ...I want to move to wyoming,but not until they get an ocean. too many damn hippies in Oregon,and Washington is ful satanists..actually Oregon is pretty cool.
Too cold and to much rain.
I had a choice after the storm, Portland, Denver or Tucson.
I'm solar powered so I chose Tucson. was going to rocky point once a month to fish for snapper, but like I said earlier, pacific seafood is not the same. That and the 5 hour drive through Mexico sucked. Not when I'm 5 minutes from good fishing here and an hour from the gulf. Never moving away from here again, between the culture, the women, the food and the hunting and fishing this home.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't sleep... I have these visions of wild hog adouille and sitting in my smoker and a whole hog in a ground pit stuck in my head. It's been too long since I've had non domesticated swine I think.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't sleep... I have these visions of wild hog adouille and sitting in my smoker and a whole hog in a ground pit stuck in my head. It's been too long since I've had non domesticated swine I think.
Hahahaha!!!!! Haven't been on a pig hunt in a while, we a cochon once a year though :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Too cold and to much rain.
I had a choice after the storm, Portland, Denver or Tucson.
I'm solar powered so I chose Tucson. was going to rocky point once a month to fish for snapper, but like I said earlier, pacific seafood is not the same. That and the 5 hour drive through Mexico sucked. Not when I'm 5 minutes from good fishing here and an hour from the gulf. Never moving away from here again, between the culture, the women, the food and the hunting and fishing this home.
but where do you go for trout?being on a big pacific northwest steelhead river with big trees shrouded in fog is pretty damn impressive.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hahahaha!!!!! Haven't been on a pig hunt in a while, we a cochon once a year though :)
Me either and I have a Bull Cat (pit bull x catahoula) that would just love to grab an ear. I've never bothered to train him since I live in the burbs, but it's in his blood. Anytime he and another dog rough house he always goes for the ears. He'd make a great catch dog!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
but where do you go for trout?being on a big pacific northwest steelhead river with big trees shrouded in fog is pretty damn impressive.
I cam walk to lake pontchartrain, first full moon lf April starts spawning season and they are everywhere. plus I'm a 20 minute drive from all kinds of inshore lakes and bayous.
We have specks and reds all year Long

Never had a hunting dog myself but my fishing/hunting buddy has 180 acres of hunting land a 2 hr drive north, usually get a few dear a year there. Dude grows white corn on ten acres as a tax write off and to keep the deer happy great setup, he covers hunting and I cover fishing. Haha

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh you're talking fresh water... we have some good bass fishing pretty close, but I was referring to speckled trout.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh you're talking fresh water... we have some good bass fishing pretty close, but I was referring to speckled trout.
I've always called them steelhead. Same shit though. Salmonish in texture and color, troutish im flavor. Smoked over pecan wood... Drooling now....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've always called them steelhead. Same shit though. Salmonish in texture and color, troutish im flavor. Smoked over pecan wood... Drooling now....
You wanna drool, grilled REDFISH with garlic butter and green onion served with lumpwhite crabmeat and hollandaise

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You wanna drool, grilled REDFISH with garlic butter and green onion served with lumpwhite crabmeat and hollandaise
Holy... Oh... My...

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Getting back on topic, one thing that ECF has never done is make me want to drop everything, fill up the tank and drive from Detroit to the gulf to get a cooler full of those tasty shrimp. Damn you VU!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess I'm a little late to this party but I have a quick note to share.

I was hanging out on one of the more popular juice vendor boards over there when somebody was having a hard time. Hard time like frustrated with kit and going back to smokes. Think they were using CE4 or some other substandard JUNK. No money to invest "all at once" so 5 bucks a pack was looking real good, yeah... We organized an impromptu paypal drive to get said person setup with a REO/RM2 and it got shut down because that's a No-No. Person wasn't begging, it was just a bunch of nice folks getting together to hook somebody up with some nice kit to keep them off the smokes. You know, that genuine helping hand type of thing.

I know, it's my fault for getting upset since that shit is spelled out in their EULA or TOS or whatever but I can't begin to describe my frustration when I'm hanging out on a site dedicated to gear that is made to keep folks from going back to the smokes and you are trying to do somebody a solid and DENIED. What... The... Fuck...

My participation declined rapidly after that, then I found VU and it's *gasp* a place where consenting adults can get together and talk about / do shit within reason. Now the only time I "go back" is when I'm doing a google search on something and there's a good thread over there.

Can't help a brother/sister out to stay off the smokes. Get the fuck out of here....

/rant

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry let me put it in a way a Texan can understand...duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh.Yeeeeehaw....duuuuuuuuuuhhhh yehaw...football,football,cow.

Football was never my thing. Hell, I don't watch any sports on tv. When I was a kid, it cost us money to be on a team and play sports. There is no way in hell I'm going to give someone money so they can play a game...

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess I'm a little late to this party but I have a quick note to share.

I was hanging out on one of the more popular juice vendor boards over there when somebody was having a hard time. Hard time like frustrated with kit and going back to smokes. Think they were using CE4 or some other substandard JUNK. No money to invest "all at once" so 5 bucks a pack was looking real good, yeah... We organized an impromptu paypal drive to get said person setup with a REO/RM2 and it got shut down because that's a No-No. Person wasn't begging, it was just a bunch of nice folks getting together to hook somebody up with some nice kit to keep them off the smokes. You know, that genuine helping hand type of thing.

I know, it's my fault for getting upset since that shit is spelled out in their EULA or TOS or whatever but I can't begin to describe my frustration when I'm hanging out on a site dedicated to gear that is made to keep folks from going back to the smokes and you are trying to do somebody a solid and DENIED. What... The... Fuck...

My participation declined rapidly after that, then I found VU and it's *gasp* a place where consenting adults can get together and talk about / do shit within reason. Now the only time I "go back" is when I'm doing a google search on something and there's a good thread over there.

Can't help a brother/sister out to stay off the smokes. Get the fuck out of here....

/rant
If y'all would have bought gear for all the moderators and admin, it would have been ok. But just the mods and admin, no one else...

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If y'all would have bought gear for all the moderators and admin, it would have been ok. But just the mods and admin, no one else...
Heh. It was the outright FEAR that got me. You're on a vaping site and you are AFRAID to help somebody out? The only thing in my mind at that point is "I'm in the wrong fucking place".

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heh. It was the outright FEAR that got me. You're on a vaping site and you are AFRAID to help somebody out? The only thing in my mind at that point is "I'm in the wrong fucking place".
I don't think it is fear, more like a power trip. A bunch of losers in real life think they are bad asses because they are mods on a shitty website. The power of the ban button just goes to their heads. They can't control the world, but they can rule their website with an iron banning finger...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I thought they were a group of neo-nazi's hiding in the sewer system under London?
Naaa that's where the ninja turtles go for vacation

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Naaa that's where the ninja turtles go for vacation
Lmao. What about Mario and Luigi?

Now I have a picture of retarded1 and classwife running from Italian plumbers that are throwing fireballs stuck in my head

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They call that Saturday night date night

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lmao. Ever seen the Family Guy where they go to Italy? Meg ends up banging the Mario brothers... Is classwife Meg?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lmao. Ever seen the Family Guy where they go to Italy? Meg ends up banging the Mario brothers... Is classwife Meg?
missed that one, I always pictured her as broomhilda from robin hood men in tights
295902.2.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like my former mother in law

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now your talking, REDFISH is one of my fav's!!! Price that out now per pound:eek:
Retail or off the boat? At a store it will run you about $11-$12\pound for whole fish. For those of use fortunate enough to live in areas where the boats bring them in sometimes still in live wells. $20\fish for a 5-6 pounder.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They are a blast to catch, I use braid and a medium weight rod so that I can enjoy the fight; but, if they are over ten pounds they are full of worms. The small(rat) reds though; are delicious!

Last edited:

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was banned for offering someone liquid without being a verified vendor

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I was banned for offering someone liquid without being a verified vendor

And they wonder why they are a sinking ship.
You can't even give someone something let alone sell it unless you pay them first.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And they wonder why they are a sinking ship.
You can't even give someone something let alone sell it unless you pay them first.
Oh, don't even think about helping a brother or sister out. Fuck you, get registered and pay, bitches. Seriously, you're trying to PIF to help somebody kick the smokes. WHATEVER.

VU Sponsors