Become a Patron!

Is everyone sub-ohm vaping?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I trap the large ones for the eagles and hawks to take care of...
I made one into a Pencil grip once...I wish I was a bit older when I lived in that area...I would of made alot of Snakeskin shit...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey asshole you got something to say?
Fuck you martinelias you should feel luucky I didn't see that comment earlier.and double fuck you steve you necro-posting piece of rotten dog meat you can kiss my entire creamy white ass.
View attachment 40326
If you were replying to me I wasnt meaning to offend you, its just something I did as a kid...wasnt directed or about you in any way..

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can we get back to the topic of conversation at least?
Fuck all y'all snake hating son of a bitches.
qsqg08.jpg

Sammy-Jo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As a person who rarely uses a pen but when I do choose to hand-write, esp when I'm having a good day where I can sit down to write a few of the several letters I send out in a year where I actually do write letters out by hand, the pens I use most often are ones that originated from Italy & parts of Europe along with the nibs on pens where they are interchangeable; hwr, I have a few that are not capable of changing the tip b/c they're handmade from Italian glass by multi-generation glass makers who also make dip pens. And just an FYI, the chop (impression seal) I use to seal the back of the parchment paper especially designed for this type of writing tool (some of which actually folds into an envelope tho I do have some stationary in parchment that comes w/matching envelopes but no adhesive on the back) is made using a special type of wicked wax that drips onto the back & then once it cools to the point where it will allow the impression w/o sticking to the chop, I imprint the Lotus Blossom into the wax using an antique Tibetan seal with the Lotus Blossom on the end & the handle, which is all one piece & made from an old, hand-designed metal, has Lotus Blossom vines that run up the sides of the cylindrical area where it's held & the vines meet at the top on a rounded, yet nice hand-feel top that's comfortable to use despite it's age & manner of design. My inks, even the scented inks I use generally come from Italy as well although I've some from Germany, Denmark, & Whales. LOL!

I gave up the pen e-cigs b/c I had to recharge them every couple hours & at that rate, I had to buy new ones every few months, not to mention the constant refilling of the early-day cartridges. After I moved up to the Ego, I was not happy with those either b/c the batteries ran out & required constant charging as well but what was worse is the amount of waste as well as added cost to replace the base of an e-cig. It wasn't until the e-cig makers began manufacturing rechargeable batteries that I found them to be somewhat suitable; hwr, at 14,000-whatever, it was a better move when they hit the 18650 rechargeable batteries, esp since I have been using rechargeable batteries (AA, AAA, D, etc...) for many years & there's a man I know who disposes of them through a company that has the ability to turn rechargeable batteries into something else that's safe rather than ending up in a landfills.

With regards to e-juice/e-liquid flavor goes, I wasn't truly satisfied with the e-juice flavors until I switched to a sub-ohm unit but even then, as I mentioned in another thread, I didn't find the perfect nirvana flavor I'd been searching for until I happened upon a broadcast online w/Kiah then rec'd samples from HiggyCig owner/co-owner w/his wife Jenn I think, at VapeMania15! After meeting Kiah in her broadcast and having her along with others mention and share the links to this site where I found even more high-quality e-juice, I was getting by and not falling back to analogs primarily out of willpower; however, after I began vaping the e-juice from the quality vendors who make amazing vape juice & are active members here at VU, I no longer had to worry about falling back or slipping b/c the e-juice is so much more satisfying when it comes from a sub-ohm tank with a fresh coil and a mod with enough power to not only last most of a day, but also bring out all the nuances on both the inhale and the exhale of the vapor! The days of relying on willpower-online are gone! Why in the world would I want to go backwards to analogs or even to cheap-made e-juice when there are so many high-quality e-juice vendors who are in business to make the best juices on the market and doing so at a much lower price than sub-par juice sells for elsewhere? The answer is: I wouldn't.

I love the warmth of the e-juice and the ability of the mods along with the high quality coils to heat the high-quality juice that's almost indescribable other than to say it is better 1000s of times over than lesser quality juice. But, in order to get the full flavor along with the nuances that are blended into the juice, you need the right equipment to get you there.

You don't throw a cheap wine cooler on a table, even in a fine crystal goblet and expect to pass it off as vintage wine when it's served with an 8, 12, or 14 course meal. In fact, you don't even use the same wine with each course b/c the pairing of wines to bring out the nuances of meals is as much of an art as it is a science. The stuff I vaped in those early day & later pen e-cigs up until I found the rigs I have today, despite the leaking tanks, are the nice China, including the chilled salad fork and crystal goblet for each course's perfectly paired wine & the e-juice IS THE VINTAGE & PERFECTLY PAIRED WINE! Face it, a wine cooler or cheap beer just doesn't cut it if you want to truly enjoy flavor and/or enjoy that after-meal vape. And I'm not trying to be a snob here; I'm just saying that regardless of how often I have been so broke in my life I wasn't sure if I would be sleeping in my car or in an apartment or rented home, I'd go without wine or a quality beer rather than drink rot-gut that tastes horrible. Even as much as I love pizza & beer, I'd rather eat a pizza with soda or even water rather than ruin the taste of the pizza with a cheap, flavorless imported beer (again, not being a snob; I just don't care for domestic beer let alone cheap beer in general).

I will say that in some ways, the market has gone overboard but overall, I believe there are designers out there who are, very much like baristas, whether they work in a nice coffeehouse or are home baristas like me, are trying to find that perfect design to go with the high-quality juice in order to create that perfect god-shot vape. It's no different than a barista honing skills such as surfing temperatures, applying the best tamp as measured in pounds of pressure, while using quality, fresh burr ground coffee beans that are used within 2wks & kept in a container where the air can be removed so the oxygen doesn't ruin the flavor of the beans, which will sooner or later allow that said barista to pull their own god-shots but it is always a process that includes using the best water, best & freshest roasted beans (not burnt ones such as those roasted & used in places like $tarbuck$...), ground in a burr grinder, tamped, perfectly surfed temperature on a high-end espresso bar set of machines, incl'g learning to stretch milk w/a manual steam wand on the espresso machine until that god-shot is in sight then comes together and happens. And yes, when it comes to espresso & espresso-based coffees, I am a snob... With regards to wine, I simply don't care for cheap wine, particularly when it's not properly paired with the right meal choice since the wine itself is responsible for bringing out the flavors of the meal and/or the course within a meal.

Just my 2 cents worth.. Forgive the length. I didn't mean for it to become so long; hwr, I did mean to add the pen info b/c clearly, most if not all disposable pens do come from China or Taiwan. I've ordered enough of them for the companies I've worked for in addition to the law firms where I've worked as a researcher. Between the yellow legal-size notepads & the long hours I spent in the legal library stacks, I'm almost certain there's dust from all the time I spent working on the high-profile cases as well as the small but heart-felt cases as well, swimming around in my body. I've even dozed off in the stacks while researching statutes & old case files where specific lines taken & won by former attorneys added weight to arguments the attorneys I worked for were able to use as well, with some being successful and others not so much depending most often on the number of cases where the point was argued enough times & won that it became not a law but an accepted point of positive consideration for the side using them.

Show me an American made pen?

VAPE ON

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait......what???

I gave up the pen e-cigs b/c I had to recharge them every couple hours & at that rate, I had to buy new ones every few months, not to mention the constant refilling of the early-day cartridges. After I moved up to the Ego, I was not happy with those either b/c the batteries ran out & required constant charging as well but what was worse is the amount of waste as well as added cost to replace the base of an e-cig. It wasn't until the e-cig makers began manufacturing rechargeable batteries that I found them to be somewhat suitable; hwr, at 14,000-whatever, it was a better move when they hit the 18650 rechargeable batteries, esp since I have been using rechargeable batteries (AA, AAA, D, etc...) for many years & there's a man I know who disposes of them through a company that has the ability to turn rechargeable batteries into something else that's safe rather than ending up in a landfills.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a person who rarely uses a pen but when I do choose to hand-write, esp when I'm having a good day where I can sit down to write a few of the several letters I send out in a year where I actually do write letters out by hand, the pens I use most often are ones that originated from Italy & parts of Europe along with the nibs on pens where they are interchangeable; hwr, I have a few that are not capable of changing the tip b/c they're handmade from Italian glass by multi-generation glass makers who also make dip pens. And just an FYI, the chop (impression seal) I use to seal the back of the parchment paper especially designed for this type of writing tool (some of which actually folds into an envelope tho I do have some stationary in parchment that comes w/matching envelopes but no adhesive on the back) is made using a special type of wicked wax that drips onto the back & then once it cools to the point where it will allow the impression w/o sticking to the chop, I imprint the Lotus Blossom into the wax using an antique Tibetan seal with the Lotus Blossom on the end & the handle, which is all one piece & made from an old, hand-designed metal, has Lotus Blossom vines that run up the sides of the cylindrical area where it's held & the vines meet at the top on a rounded, yet nice hand-feel top that's comfortable to use despite it's age & manner of design. My inks, even the scented inks I use generally come from Italy as well although I've some from Germany, Denmark, & Whales. LOL!

With regards to e-juice/e-liquid flavor goes, I wasn't truly satisfied with the e-juice flavors until I switched to a sub-ohm unit but even then, as I mentioned in another thread, I didn't find the perfect nirvana flavor I'd been searching for until I happened upon a broadcast online w/Kiah then rec'd samples from HiggyCig owner/co-owner w/his wife Jenn I think, at VapeMania15! After meeting Kiah in her broadcast and having her along with others mention and share the links to this site where I found even more high-quality e-juice, I was getting by and not falling back to analogs primarily out of willpower; however, after I began vaping the e-juice from the quality vendors who make amazing vape juice & are active members here at VU, I no longer had to worry about falling back or slipping b/c the e-juice is so much more satisfying when it comes from a sub-ohm tank with a fresh coil and a mod with enough power to not only last most of a day, but also bring out all the nuances on both the inhale and the exhale of the vapor! The days of relying on willpower-online are gone! Why in the world would I want to go backwards to analogs or even to cheap-made e-juice when there are so many high-quality e-juice vendors who are in business to make the best juices on the market and doing so at a much lower price than sub-par juice sells for elsewhere? The answer is: I wouldn't.

I love the warmth of the e-juice and the ability of the mods along with the high quality coils to heat the high-quality juice that's almost indescribable other than to say it is better 1000s of times over than lesser quality juice. But, in order to get the full flavor along with the nuances that are blended into the juice, you need the right equipment to get you there.

You don't throw a cheap wine cooler on a table, even in a fine crystal goblet and expect to pass it off as vintage wine when it's served with an 8, 12, or 14 course meal. In fact, you don't even use the same wine with each course b/c the pairing of wines to bring out the nuances of meals is as much of an art as it is a science. The stuff I vaped in those early day & later pen e-cigs up until I found the rigs I have today, despite the leaking tanks, are the nice China, including the chilled salad fork and crystal goblet for each course's perfectly paired wine & the e-juice IS THE VINTAGE & PERFECTLY PAIRED WINE! Face it, a wine cooler or cheap beer just doesn't cut it if you want to truly enjoy flavor and/or enjoy that after-meal vape. And I'm not trying to be a snob here; I'm just saying that regardless of how often I have been so broke in my life I wasn't sure if I would be sleeping in my car or in an apartment or rented home, I'd go without wine or a quality beer rather than drink rot-gut that tastes horrible. Even as much as I love pizza & beer, I'd rather eat a pizza with soda or even water rather than ruin the taste of the pizza with a cheap, flavorless imported beer (again, not being a snob; I just don't care for domestic beer let alone cheap beer in general).

I will say that in some ways, the market has gone overboard but overall, I believe there are designers out there who are, very much like baristas, whether they work in a nice coffeehouse or are home baristas like me, are trying to find that perfect design to go with the high-quality juice in order to create that perfect god-shot vape. It's no different than a barista honing skills such as surfing temperatures, applying the best tamp as measured in pounds of pressure, while using quality, fresh burr ground coffee beans that are used within 2wks & kept in a container where the air can be removed so the oxygen doesn't ruin the flavor of the beans, which will sooner or later allow that said barista to pull their own god-shots but it is always a process that includes using the best water, best & freshest roasted beans (not burnt ones such as those roasted & used in places like $tarbuck$...), ground in a burr grinder, tamped, perfectly surfed temperature on a high-end espresso bar set of machines, incl'g learning to stretch milk w/a manual steam wand on the espresso machine until that god-shot is in sight then comes together and happens. And yes, when it comes to espresso & espresso-based coffees, I am a snob... With regards to wine, I simply don't care for cheap wine, particularly when it's not properly paired with the right meal choice since the wine itself is responsible for bringing out the flavors of the meal and/or the course within a meal.

Just my 2 cents worth.. Forgive the length. I didn't mean for it to become so long; hwr, I did mean to add the pen info b/c clearly, most if not all disposable pens do come from China or Taiwan. I've ordered enough of them for the companies I've worked for in addition to the law firms where I've worked as a researcher. Between the yellow legal-size notepads & the long hours I spent in the legal library stacks, I'm almost certain there's dust from all the time I spent working on the high-profile cases as well as the small but heart-felt cases as well, swimming around in my body. I've even dozed off in the stacks while researching statutes & old case files where specific lines taken & won by former attorneys added weight to arguments the attorneys I worked for were able to use as well, with some being successful and others not so much depending most often on the number of cases where the point was argued enough times & won that it became not a law but an accepted point of positive consideration for the side using them.
U drunk already?

Vape On

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait......what???

Understandable, but why did you waste your hard earned money on pen e-cigs in the first place? I remember the Provape 1 coming out in 2009, followed by the original Provari and a host of other VW mods that used a single 18650 replaceable battery...I started with a Provari and original Kanger Protank because I needed a tough, well built VW mod I could carry with me cross country in my 18 wheeler days...they had those cheap pen e-cigs at every truck stop, and from what I heard from other drivers they truly sucked, so I never bought one...now fast forward to 2014 when my little sister got a vision spinner/ptotank to kick the stinkies..she liked it, but when the spinner died about 3 mos later I hooked her up with that old Provari and a new Nautilus tank...cool beans, lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey asshole you got something to say?
Fuck you martinelias you should feel luucky I didn't see that comment earlier.and double fuck you steve you necro-posting piece of rotten dog meat you can kiss my entire creamy white ass.
View attachment 40326
I dont speak in code, son. I meant what i said and said what i meant.
I keep snakes, large boids, boas to be precise, colombian and brazilian to be exact (few venemoids and other constricter exceptions) so i thought id shine some light on the misconception that snakes are "tough" or "mean", theyre not, theyre quite the opposite actually.
I dont know why youre all angry about it or why i should feel lucky, i dont feel any of that... if i woulda won anything in that scratch off i purchased earlier maybe i would have felt lucky. Anyway, good luck with your anger issues.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The e cig world went downhill fast. Now it's about more power and being cheap, rather than high quality and precise power delivery. The internet, forums and rash of never smoker vapers have created the demand for $40 cloud chasing setups and DIY e-liquid, rather than high quality, flavorful e-liquids delivered in well made attys on high quality mods...
Part of the issue with high end mods is the acceptance and demand for 'clones' and counterfeits. There isn't any money to be made for small mod makers, whose design will be ripped off a week after they introduce their mod...

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope by "small mod makers" you aren't talking about those guys that slap a 510 on a metal pipe and sell it for $200+ because its "authentic"?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope by "small mod makers" you aren't talking about those guys that slap a 510 on a metal pipe and sell it for $200+ because its "authentic"?
Companies like Tatroe Mods and SuperT. Even Svoemesto never updated or continued to make the Semovar... Even an $80 original authentic mod is too much for the new vapers...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Companies like Tatroe Mods and SuperT. Even Svoemesto never updated or continued to make the Semovar... Even an $80 original authentic mod is too much for the new vapers...
Those guys you mentioned already made a lot of money for ripping people off... What we have right now in the market is just right, cheap crap and accessible, gone were those times that you have to be on a fucking waiting list.....

Vape On

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not everyone who vapes is poor. They should have charged more, if they couldn't keep up with demand...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those who think more than $40 for a mod is a ripoff aren't wealthy... Funny thing, the profit margin on those $40 mods is far, far higher than on $200 mods made in Germany, Greece or the US...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
People who vape to stay off cigarettes should be seen as equal, no matter what they vape, they're not smoking. No matter if they chase clouds, chase flavor, sub-ohm or MTL, they vape. Not everyone compares vapers based on what they own.

Me? I just judge everyone.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
People who vape to stay off cigarettes should be seen as equal, no matter what they vape, they're not smoking. No matter if they chase clouds, chase flavor, sub-ohm or MTL, they vape. Not everyone compares vapers based on what they own.

Me? I just judge everyone.
Thank you, Huck! My sentiments exactly!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont speak in code, son. I meant what i said and said what i meant.
I keep snakes, large boids, boas to be precise, colombian and brazilian to be exact (few venemoids and other constricter exceptions) so i thought id shine some light on the misconception that snakes are "tough" or "mean", theyre not, theyre quite the opposite actually.
I dont know why youre all angry about it or why i should feel lucky, i dont feel any of that... if i woulda won anything in that scratch off i purchased earlier maybe i would have felt lucky. Anyway, good luck with your anger issues.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
My apologies I thought you were taking pot shots at me...I'm still somewhat suspicious though.I'll let it go if you do...Cheers!

msrfrog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What's +ohm vaping? Lol my high ohm build is a .66 in my goblin mini . I just prefer the cooler dense vape from sub ohms.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I build my RDAs at 2+ ohms, and vape them at 10w or less, using 85% PG ejuice. Can't inhale massive vapor, and wouldn't want it even if I could, as it would annoy my husband. I vape STRICTLY to avoid smoking; if I ever get to a point where I don't need to vape regularly just to keep from smoking, I'll most likely quit. It's an interesting and enjoyable hobby, and certainly better for my asthmatic lungs than smoking, but those asthmatic lungs would definitely be better off without it -- I just don't want to risk cigarette cravings; they're miserable, and I'd like to continue being a non-smoker. After 39 yrs of smoking cigarettes, that's a very hard habit to leave behind, and only vaping has allowed me to leave it behind.

Andria

VU Sponsors