Become a Patron!

LOST VAPE TRIADE DNA200

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just simply haven't had luck with the DNA chip..... Blew up several DNA 40 then the DNA 200...... Maybe this chip is made for weak Vaping individuals to enjoy a 30 watts tasteful Vape......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, but I believe it does. They were contacted, told about all of the problems, and passed the buck. What they SHOULD have done was issue an RMA with prepaid shipping and actually LOOKED at the thing before passing it along to somewhere else for repair. And, if it's in the state Manny says, they should have sent a new one out immediately, with apologies. Hence, I will NOT be buying their premium priced products. Especially not when products half the price or less exist that may not look as elegant, but look and perform fine, and don't have normal use abnormal wear issues.
Evolv cant send out a replacement.... they don't make them! It's on Lost Vape to make it right!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just simply haven't had luck with the DNA chip..... Blew up several DNA 40 then the DNA 200...... Maybe this chip is made for weak Vaping individuals to enjoy a 30 watts tasteful Vape......

Lmao, Manny I'm not gonna lie I can't believe you ever vaped at 40w.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evolv cant send out a replacement.... they don't make them! It's on Lost Vape to make it right!
Lost Vape has one thing in mind.... $ sales..... And they hope their items last longer than the warranty.......

That why they drag....
Slow communication
(1) dude repairing shit
Asking questions your battery type, damages, is it turning on......
4 to 6 weeks waiting time

It's got nothing to do with evolve, the chip is fried...... Wait a minute..... I could be the chip ?

I'm a consumer who buys a $20.00 mod for top dollar.......

They should just send the person a new mod.... But if they replace the chip..... I'm cool......

Let's see how long she lasts again.........

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Triade that is sitting in the box, maybe I should start using it an see how long it lasts. I was looking forward to the Therion DNA133 but seeing how Lost Vape treats their customers.....I think I'll wait for whatever Hohm tech or/and Vapor Shark will tempt us with. At least these guys have real customer service with people that speak real english not chinenglish. Am I racist? No, just frustrated with companies that compete for our dollars, promise great things and once they have our money, we get a great, big "screw you", buy another high dollar product from us, it will be great.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a Triade that is sitting in the box, maybe I should start using it an see how long it lasts. I was looking forward to the Therion DNA133 but seeing how Lost Vape treats their customers.....I think I'll wait for whatever Hohm tech or/and Vapor Shark will tempt us with. At least these guys have real customer service with people that speak real english not chinenglish. Am I racist? No, just frustrated with companies that compete for our dollars, promise great things and once they have our money, we get a great, big "screw you", buy another high dollar product from us, it will be great.
Well said Bear.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the problem when you buy Chinese stuff..... Its amazing how this shit is flowing and how we get upset on the FDA taking action against Vaping......

They are selling crap and it should be a matter of concern.......

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are right Deuces, they are very nice mods that break down very fast-or so it seems from what I'm reading. Adding insult to injury, you get a fuck you very much from the manufacturer and have to deal with shoddy repair centers in someone's basement. For my money, I'd rather have a mod that works like the G2, the Slice or the VS VF DNA133.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't own one but tbh now I'm glad I don't. I was definitely going to pickup a Therion 133 after the price settled down. For that kind of money I would just rather buy something that's more durable. It's not like it's a $50 mod.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or go with a VT133, or heck, any one of the RX, they're workhorses and the Red/Black really is dead sexy.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or go with a VT133, or heck, any one of the RX, they're workhorses and the Red/Black really is dead sexy.
Love my VT133'S but my most durable mods have got to be my G2's. Built like a brick shit house.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear how shitty there treating you @MannyScoot , I hope they do the right thing and hook you up with a new mod with the DNA250 for all the trouble. Your the only one I know who would actually vape it at 250 watts, stainless steel cajones my friend....lol.

Damn, I was looking forward to the Therion 133 as well, not for the kind of money they are going to ask now.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear how shitty there treating you @MannyScoot , I hope they do the right thing and hook you up with a new mod with the DNA250 for all the trouble. Your the only one I know who would actually vape it at 250 watts, stainless steel cajones my friend....lol.

Damn, I was looking forward to the Therion 133 as well, not for the kind of money they are going to ask now.
Yeah hoping to get a DNA 250 is just Like wishing and getting a 12" penis......

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still waiting for the VaporShark flask with the FSK chip in it.
Dayum, the only thing better would be margot robbie delivering it in person wearing just a smile.

One of these days I am going to try and make a new enclosure for one of the chips in my G2. I have metal working equipment but mainly for gold and silver....hmmm. I also have a decent amount of wood working tools, something that looks like the Gragas mod with an FSK chip would be my favorite mod ever.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think it's best to buy custom made mods. Pay more but you don't have to deal with shit-ass companies like this selling scrap-iron or plastic.
Beg to differ. Custom mod makers can be just as sketchy or offer the same poor support. I have a wood one that the maker refused to answer any emails on after purchase. Stain on the brass accents, battery door that would pop off due to bad spring design, and so on. After about the tenth email, I gave up.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This bitch rocks.... But I calculated:
Original sales price $40.00
Shiiping to Loisiana$8.00
Varitube V2 & 14g. $35.00
Shiiping Pennsylvania $8.00
Hydro Dipping. $60.00
Shipping Florida. $8.00
Total. $159.00 or better round off .... $160.00

IMAG1953_1_1.jpgIMAG1952_1_1.jpg

Is it worth it...... Hell yeah...........

Attachments

• IMAG1953_1_1.jpg
    IMAG1953_1_1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 17

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beg to differ. Custom mod makers can be just as sketchy or offer the same poor support. I have a wood one that the maker refused to answer any emails on after purchase. Stain on the brass accents, battery door that would pop off due to bad spring design, and so on. After about the tenth email, I gave up.
I would have to assume you don't know the guy you bought the mod from.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would have to assume you don't know the guy you bought the mod from.
It was three years ago and he was making some pretty cool looking stuff. Bunch of people bought from him and rated his work well. Not so much.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have several custom made wood mods I paid over 500 bucks each for, never a problem...and well worth the money.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have several custom made wood mods I paid over 500 bucks each for, never a problem...and well worth the money.
I don't disagree, I'm just saying that there are bad apples in all bunches.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was three years ago and he was making some pretty cool looking stuff. Bunch of people bought from him and rated his work well. Not so much.
Your the first person I've ever read about having an issue with a custom made wood mod.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your the first person I've ever read about having an issue with a custom made wood mod.
For every one person who posts a bad experience on a forum, there are probably 10 or more who don't even know the forum exists. First, second, doesn't really matter. Bad experiences aren't limited to big companies.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't disagree, I'm just saying that there are bad apples in all bunches.
Know who you're buying from intimately, shouldn't have any problems...and if you do, they can be rectified without going through the shit Manny is.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@MannyScoot :vino:"Ha.... When is the release day........" Not sure about the release date but I hear @Deucesjack pre-ordered one:D:wait:
C'mon now you know my rules with Pre order. Although I almost broke it with the Smok Alien. I might break it with the G Priv. Rumor has it Daniel from Djslb Vapes has been helping Smok with their TC.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
C'mon now you know my rules with Pre order. Although I almost broke it with the Smok Alien. I might break it with the G Priv. Rumor has it Daniel from Djslb Vapes has been helping Smok with their TC.

I like Daniel.... His review of the Sigelei 155..---- he says it's a beautiful well made piece of shit..

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like Daniel.... His review of the Sigelei 155..---- he says it's a beautiful well made piece of shit..

Yeah he's one of my favorite reviewers.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lost Vape sucks my nuts and I suppose Manny's too. I have 7 of theirs all died within a month. Triade blows chunks. They look good but do not perform and warranty is as Manny saw. Fuck them. My opinion but it is a reality. I would show my Wismec but you up showed me Manny good job! I did mine myself. Been working over a year meanwhile. I honestly would not bother pissing on a LV product anymore. YMMV but I doubt it.

Oh, proper word for that screw head is "Torx" as I mentioned. I wouldn'tt even fucking bother. Bet that motherfucker strips on your ass too. Also notice Triade does not have proper battery vent holes. Wait until one of these motherfuckers actually hurts someone. I certainly hope not but I repaired mine and won't even use the piece of shit.

Some custom makers are very well known. Just buy from them. Not some shady bastard you never heard of. We figure the chinese must be honest though selling these things. Not quite.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lost Vape sucks my nuts and I suppose Manny's too. I have 7 of theirs all died within a month. Triade blows chunks. They look good but do not perform and warranty is as Manny saw. Fuck them. My opinion but it is a reality. I would show my Wismec but you up showed me Manny good job! I did mine myself. Been working over a year meanwhile. I honestly would not bother pissing on a LV product anymore. YMMV but I doubt it.
My RX200 became 1 year old on September the 2nd, and she's now on her 1st overhaul.... She rocks way better than when I first got her.......

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh shit! I did not realize that is not the DNA. I was like you paid what for it? LOL. DNA is very solid. Just shady crooks that put together boxes in china. Evolv has no control over that. Anyone can buy their boards. They do stand behind their bard and damn good too if I shall say so. The Triade probably costs $3USD to make exclusive of the board. Then it sells up to $180USD. THey can eat my balls. Wisewmec at least works most of the time. In fact it is so good I am going to redo mine in a Burl oak veneer. Than it is pretty much custom if it is not already.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have four of the RX 200's, not a problem vaping below 100 watts...anything higher and the thin wire begins to heat drastically. If they had installed 14 awg the mod would be near perfect for 39 bucks.

Costing less than 40 bucks I consider them throw-aways if they break. You can certainly have a stockpile of the RX's available at the price point. When paying over 150 bucks for a mod you certainly expect it to last for quite awhile.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have four of the RX 200's, not a problem vaping below 100 watts...anything higher and the thin wire begins to heat drastically. If they had installed 14 awg the mod would be near perfect for 39 bucks.

Costing less than 40 bucks I consider them throw-aways if they break. You can certainly have a stockpile of the RX's available at the price point. When paying over 150 bucks for a mod you certainly expect it to last for quite awhile.
My RX200 has never let me down..... Upgrade to 250 watt and The Temperature Control will also be updated..... Mine specially in SS started working beautiful after the Upgrade.......

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aside from the shit 510 the 2 rx200 have not had other problems, the 510 is the main connection though and makes TC sketchy at times. I don't know why they just don't put a solid 510 though, the 200S and 2/3 is the same shit.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aside from the shit 510 the 2 rx200 have not had other problems, the 510 is the main connection though and makes TC sketchy at times. I don't know why they just don't put a solid 510 though, the 200S and 2/3 is the same shit.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
My 510 Varitube V2 was a great upgrade with the 14g wiring she is hitting solid and TC rocks........

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To sound like a broken record..... When the DNA 200 model first came out before there was a RX it had a decent internal 510 and 14 AWG power wiring. The RX came and it was cheap so they cut corners. Then they figured they might as well just do that to the DNA model.Probably to cut down on parts inventory. As I also mentioned now discontinued and sold out everywhere. If you want a solid mod find one used or whatever and upgrade the wiring and 510. It is actually not hard. I think these are going to command $$ now though. Since when something is gone all the sudden everyone wants it. Then you can customize it if you want like Manny and I have. Leaving you with a semi custom mod. What is special about it is once you upgrade the wiring and 510 it is a very solid 18650 DNA 200 mod. Sadly, The Triade is such a piece of shit it is not even worth fucking around with. Unless you are going to put $300 of parts into it plus the $150+ mod you might as wel just buy a custom mod. You could put Gucci leather and shit. Nah, not even worth anyones time to fuck with that piece of crap. Mine is working but I don't touch it. It will rip the batteries and dead short again if I do. Screw this Damn thing. I wish there was a truly high end 3x18650 DNA 200-250 mod out. That would rock and I would pay anything within reason for one. I feel Lipo's suck because there are so many kinds to go find and they really only have a duty cycle similar to 18650 or worse. Not 1,000 cycles bullshit as they say. I have had DOA bad cell Lipo's and the mod has to be destroyed just to even get the battery out. Of course some mods are beter in this respect. What LV did right with the mini is use a universal 30 amp connector. Plus the abalone is nice. That is my only one that works go figure.

Anyways, now the Reuleaux DNA 200 just became much more exclusive than the Triade if nothing else. Sure the Triade looks nicer out of the box but it is like a kid with Acne. The Reuleaux DNA 200 now falls under the category of supply and demand. I bet used prices go more than new. Customize it and you have something really decent. Coatings/paint are one matter but the wiring is very easy on this. Quite frankly you don't even need to bother. It will take you to 130 and who vapes higher than that? Probably all of you LOL. I am at 75.2 watts and it hits way harder than a Lipo. 18650's just do that. Much prefer anything with 18650's so long as it lasts more than a day. Actually come to think of it my first LV mini was DOA too! New one has worked six months. LV can Vape my cock. Do they give a fuck? Typical Shizer Chinese outfit.

Sorry for long rant

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had the complete opposite experience with my Lost Vape products. I own 2 Triades and a duo. I've had the duo for 4 months and the trades for 3 months. All are mint, no chipping, running strong, and I don't baby them. I don't take the duo and one of the triades out of the house. I personally think there solid devices from my experience. All be it I've only had them for 4 months. I'll keep an eye on them and if anything messes up, I'll be the first to let you guys know. For the money I paid they better not be garbage. I guess only time will tell.

VU Sponsors