Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Triade DNA250

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there. I am currently looking forward to buying a new Triade 250 and I have some questions for you guys.

Right now, I own a Cuboid and I'm very pleased with it. However, after recently tried to get into TC with SS316, I found out the chip to have some problems in terms of accuracy, usually throwing me out to power mode.

The price of the Triade is pretty high for me and also this change implies that I have to buy 3 brand new batteries and an external charger for it.

My questions are: because of the awesome build of the DNA chip, is it possible to tweak it to run only on 2 batteries until I can afford 3 brand new? If not, charging the batteries using a 2Amp wall charger will affect the DNA chip?

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi there. I am currently looking forward to buying a new Triade 250 and I have some questions for you guys.

Right now, I own a Cuboid and I'm very pleased with it. However, after recently tried to get into TC with SS316, I found out the chip to have some problems in terms of accuracy, usually throwing me out to power mode.

The price of the Triade is pretty high for me and also this change implies that I have to buy 3 brand new batteries and an external charger for it.

My questions are: because of the awesome build of the DNA chip, is it possible to tweak it to run only on 2 batteries until I can afford 3 brand new? If not, charging the batteries using a 2Amp wall charger will affect the DNA chip?

No you can run it on 2 batterys. Not possible with this mod and dna chip. You can charge batterys in the mod because the dna has balance charging but I always recommend an external charger. You can buy a nitecore i4 4 bay for around 20 bucks. Well worth it. Hope this helps.

PS. Your gonna love the triade and the dna250 chip. Best tc on the market imho.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I think the Triade 250 is a great mod. With the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales just around the corner you might find one for a good price. I bought mine from Ecig.com when they were running a 25% off sale ($111.75 which was a great price imo).

Charging in the mod will not hurt the DNA chip. It has a very good balanced charging board. The DNA200/250 chips were made with charging on-board in mind. A lot of the mods using those chips come with 3s Lipo pack and they are almost exclusively charged in the mod. I charge in the mod with my Triades along with all my 3s Lipo mods that use DNA chips without issue

As for being able to run it with 2 cells, that's not really feasible since the battery sled is wired in series. You would have to rewire the sled. The chip itself can be run with 2 cells with the proper sled and it is then limited to 167 watts. Running a 3 series sled with 2 batteries would be an open circuit (think of it like a Maglite that takes 3 cells end to end, if you only put in 2 batteries it wouldn't work - open circuit. You can get good cells at a decent price if you look around (I recommend you stick with the big 3 - Samsung, LG, or Sony)
http://vaping360.com/top-5-18650-batteries-for-vaping/

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Steve

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ookay. Well, I understand. I asked about the 2 cell possibility because I've seen a discussion about a Wismec DNA and how to run it with 2 cells only. Anyway, a good thing is that I can charge it with my 2Amp wall adapter until I can buy a dedicated external charger. As for the cells, I can grab Sony VTC5's from a local vape shop at around 10$ each. (That's what I currently have in my Cuboid). One more question to ask, would it be a very bad idea to buy just one battery? I know the batteries should be married, but not sure if they must be brand new or this marriage counts only as charging them together. Thanks.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really should start with 3 new batteries. IF you only had a couple of cycles through the other two it would probably be ok. The problem that comes up is if you have 1 or 2 weaker/older cells, the mod will draw more power from the strong cell which can lead to overheating and or worse.

When people talk about married cells, they mean they are married too each other from a new state. If you had two Triades, you could take the cells from one Triade and use them in the other. They aren't married to the mod, they are married to each other.

PS I start with three new cells and marry them to each other. If you buy them all at the same time, they will most likely be from the same batch/lot. They should have approximately the same capacity, which is what you are after. As cells are used their capacity drops. That's why you want to use married cells.

Cheers,
Steve

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand now. Thank you for the explanation. Well, my batteries are about 6 months old, so big no. Thanks for the info guys.

Now, beside the peeling paint, are there any other cons I should know about the Triade? The chip I know it's good.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand now. Thank you for the explanation. Well, my batteries are about 6 months old, so big no. Thanks for the info guys.

Now, beside the peeling paint, are there any other cons I should know about the Triade? The chip I know it's good.
That would be a big no on the battery front.

As for the peeling paint. I would say not everyone has had that problem. As a matter of fact I would say that most haven't. Mine are still pristine but they are for the most part house mods. If I get juice on them I wipe them off immediately. I'm not sure why some have that problem. It could be rough handling, bad metal prep on some. Like I said not everyone has that issue.

I don't have any issues with mine. They both work and look great imo.

Lost Vape makes a Therion that uses the DNA250 but only two cells (167 watts). Think Vape makes a mod called the Finder that uses the same chip and dual batteries. Heck for that matter Hcigar is also in the same boat with the VT167. I'm just mentioning this in case you would prefer a dual battery mod that uses the same chip.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see. Well, thanks for the info. I have seen the dual battery mods, but I'd rather save a bit more because of the fact that I just love the longevity of the three 18650's, even more that I will be using it pub TC, which I heard it's very economical on the DNA.

Also, I like the form factor alot. When I get to buy it, I'm sure it is going to be my all-day device.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You'll certainly enjoy it in TC (fine in wattage too, but sort of a waste). When you can, you should pick up another set of 3 batteries, mark them to keep them as a set. With 2 3 battery sets, you can always use the mod, rotating one charged set in for another. I have two 3 battery mods, and 3 sets of 3 batteries which I can rotate between them.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After a long wait (a little over a month - it's a long story) I finally received my Red Ostrich battery cover. I also had ordered a Pearl Coffee that came in on Monday iirc. Here's a few pictures for anyone that's curious. The flash is making the Pearl Coffee cover look lighter than it is.

L to R: Purple Ostrich, Red Ostrich, Pearl Coffee, Red Leather
IMG_20161112_153308_zpsq9kxdudm.jpg

The two new covers (L to R) Red Ostrich, Pearl Coffee
IMG_20161112_153233_zps5csgx84n.jpg

L to R: Red Ostrich, Purple Ostrich
IMG_20161112_153002_zpswrojav17.jpg

L to R: Pearl Coffee (this pic probably shows more of it's true color), Red Ostrich
IMG_20161112_152850_zpsjns3bx22.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After a long wait (a little over a month - it's a long story) I finally received my Red Ostrich battery cover. I also had ordered a Pearl Coffee that came in on Monday iirc. Here's a few pictures for anyone that's curious. The flash is making the Pearl Coffee cover look lighter than it is.

L to R: Purple Ostrich, Red Ostrich, Pearl Coffee, Red Leather
IMG_20161112_153308_zpsq9kxdudm.jpg

The two new covers (L to R) Red Ostrich, Pearl Coffee
IMG_20161112_153233_zps5csgx84n.jpg

L to R: Red Ostrich, Purple Ostrich
IMG_20161112_153002_zpswrojav17.jpg

L to R: Pearl Coffee (this pic probably shows more of it's true color), Red Ostrich
IMG_20161112_152850_zpsjns3bx22.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
So how do you like the pearl coffee? It's one of my favorites. Are you happy you went with it over the elaphant?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So how do you like the pearl coffee? It's one of my favorites. Are you happy you went with it over the elaphant?
I like it quite a bit but TBH I was really waiting for the Red Ostrich (It was a long and winding road ;)). What can I say, I'm an Ostrich kind of guy :D:giggle:. The Pearl Coffee is very nice. It has a different feel than the Red leather. The Ostrich and the Pearl Coffee covers seem like they will be easier to maintain. The Red leather seems like it will definitely darken if you aren't careful. I actually like them all. :)

Cheers,
Steve

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow the red Ostrich is nicer than the purple IMO. I may get hated on for this too but here goes..... If all you can afford is a Nitecore you are better of charging in the mod for now. It is probably a safer charger. At the least an Efest or something. $10 is too much for batteries but then you pay shipping anyways so I guess it is a wash. With Honda and Boost things are getting fast around here! Just a car joke. Wings, I think I finally liked a post of yours. We may not see eye to eye but no reason to hate on each other. I also found if you are careful with your fingernail on the door you should not rip the paint. My experience is that is where it always started. Or perhaps slathering it in acidic juice. Clearo crackers, paint snaggers.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did something maybe very dumb but I don't see how so. These batteries were a very tight fit. Not sure fault of the mod or batteries. I re-wrapped them with the wrap rolled over the positive edge. However I left off the "rings" that are on the positive ends of these batteries. Fit right in now. I figure it is okay if I am careful. It should not make inadvertent contact. I hope.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for caring. I did not know it was important but I suppose they are there for a reason. I don't know if that has ever happened with an Ecig but Imagine it would mighty suck. Lose your hand and face at the same time. I should know better than this. I will go do it right now. I have 50 feet of shrink wrap i got for $12 at local electronics supply. No excuse for stupidity.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried taking a few more pictures with natural light of the different battery covers. Not sure how great they came out, but here goes (I still have some shadows)

L to R Red Ostrich, Purple Ostrich, Coffee Pearl, Red Leather
IMG_20161115_130501_zpsl9thruxn.jpg

Red Ostrich, Purple Ostrich, Pearl Coffee, Red Leather
IMG_20161115_130011_zps9eteucjc.jpg
IMG_20161115_130352_zpshhirxpbq.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a worthy upgrade of the 200 just for the battery sled. I was using shit batteries was my issue with it at first. My bad and my apologies for complaining because I was stupid. I admit when I am wrong. It is a great mod. Near custom quality but then there is no custom like it. It is one of a kind. I say that now because, yes it is much nicer than the Wisemec. Once i got my batteries sorted out it is very nice. The 200 had a problem for many people with those damn hoops. The Ostrich looks like it is something very expensive. I wish they did Alligator.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone aware of any sales or coupon codes that are still good on these?
The cheapest price I know of right now is $127.95 at FT:
https://www.fasttech.com/search?Triade DNA250W

I just had sent you a PM about where I bought mine (ecig.com) and being on the look out for sales on this Friday and next Monday (Black Friday, Cyber Monday). I got a great deal at ecig when they had their 25% off code :). I expect to see some sales coming up shortly. I'll let you know. I'm sure they will be posted here as well.

PS I use Vapecrawler.com for a quick check on things I'm interested in buying.

Cheers,
Steve

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I won't be home until Christmas to get it out of my mailbox, so I don't mind waiting to order one until a good deal comes up. Good thing I have a locking mailbox. LOL

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Pulled the trigger finally on the red leather. $100 flash sale at ecig, done. I was planning on building a custom Legion Mods DNA 250 with either a 2500 mah LiPo, or two 2250's in parallel, but the cost of this and financial realities forced my mind. The battery alone is $100 in the custom boxes. That will have to wait, this is for now.

I know it's a good price, I'm excited for this thing. I worked Vapor Dynasty in Mesa, Az last weekend and got to hold a triade. I was impressed.

I've been away from the forums being busy getting a new juice line off the ground. Arizona was huge for us. Will be in San Antonio in January. More details will come since we're new, and inventory and online sales are a progression, but our juice is gonna be winding up in more shops soon. Online sales to come as well. I know we will be doing something with Vaping Underground. We killed it at the expo, especially with business to business. Fun stuff.

I'm hoping my new Temple will look good on it. The things a fucking beast. I'm gonna, shelve the custom box for now, this guy looks well nice enough. And I'm gonna get the same battery life, so.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pulled the trigger finally on the red leather. $100 flash sale at ecig, done. I was planning on building a custom Legion Mods DNA 250 with either a 2500 mah LiPo, or two 2250's in parallel, but the cost of this and financial realities forced my mind. The battery alone is $100 in the custom boxes. That will have to wait, this is for now.

I know it's a good price, I'm excited for this thing. I worked Vapor Dynasty in Mesa, Az last weekend and got to hold a triade. I was impressed.

I've been away from the forums being busy getting a new juice line off the ground. Arizona was huge for us. Will be in San Antonio in January. More details will come since we're new, and inventory and online sales are a progression, but our juice is gonna be winding up in more shops soon. Online sales to come as well. I know we will be doing something with Vaping Underground. We killed it at the expo, especially with business to business. Fun stuff.

I'm hoping my new Temple will look good on it. The things a fucking beast. I'm gonna, shelve the custom box for now, this guy looks well nice enough. And I'm gonna get the same battery life, so.
I wish I had caught that flash sale. They're $199 at ecig right now.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since a few people are buying the mod today, I figured I should post this here:
I bought a few different battery covers from here. The price was lower ($15.99) when they were first listed, but I still don't know of any place where they're less expensive.

PS He tends to relist the colors every so often.

Cheers,
Steve

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since a few people are buying the mod today, I figured I should post this here:
I bought a few different battery covers from here. The price was lower ($15.99) when they were first listed, but I still don't know of any place where they're less expensive.

PS He tends to relist the colors every so often.

Cheers,
Steve
That's exactly what I needed. I didn't want the red but that's all fasttech has, so I'll order the purple ostrich. Thanks!!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a FYI:
What I meant by he relists them every so often is:
I've noticed he will list a few of each color and then when most of them sell, he lists all the colors he has again. I'm not sure if he's totally out of the ones listed as out of stock. I haven't been paying attention lately. If you don't see one you want listed as in stock, you might want to send him a message asking.

Cheers,
Steve

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just a FYI:
What I meant by he relists them every so often is:
I've noticed he will list a few of each color and then when most of them sell, he lists all the colors he has again. I'm not sure if he's totally out of the ones listed as out of stock. I haven't been paying attention lately. If you don't see one you want listed as in stock, you might want to send him a message asking.

Cheers,
Steve

I did contact him back when I got a black leather back, and responded quickly that he planned to restock. Seems like a good vendor, and I got my black one from him in no time.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck! Some of you lucked out. $100 for this is like taking candy from a baby. I paid $149 and not unhappy. Local B&M wants $235! I honestly hope these fuckers just go out of business and I never wish a B&M that. These fuckers are taking advantage because of the very nature of this. They must think they are selling crack motherfuckers. I am mentioning this because unfortunately I ran out of internet juice. I can either wait Three days or pay $45 for 30Ml Lol.

Meanwhile, this thing does indeed rock!

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depending on how it goes, I may be drinking my juice. So you see, it sort of involves vaping :giggle:
:cheers:
Is it wrong for me to hope that Ohio wins and Penn State beats my MSU team, just so neither of you guys get to the BTN Championship and therefore probably miss the playoff?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seriously do not mean to be a dick but I would rather watch NFL. Unless that is your school. Of course i am for my school. I just don't understand why people are into College sports otherwise. Hey, it's fine though. Well, i guess I get it. Eventually those guy's will be first round draft picks anyways. College is not really very far off the NFL. It is not like you guys are watching HS Lol. As I said not trying to shit on anyone's parade I am just not a big fan. Except my school. Even then, I have never bet on them or anything.

Speaking of which I wish I fucking knew how to win at Draft Kings. You can make a shitload just sitting in your chair. Of course you can lose a shitload too. I would fall into the latter. You would not want me as an agent Lol.

Whiteshep

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I'll be ordering a couple of these soon and it's good to hear the positive feedback for them as these will be my first dna mods since the dna40 debacle but i can't justify yihi prices with mods like these about. Only difference between me and most is I'm not really bothered about the colour of the leather as they will both be pale white skin coloured once i have them ;). Can anyone give an opinion on the 510 on this, the one on my ml class has been great better then any other mod I've had to date so just want to make sure the triade has a good quality 510. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was very careful not to chip the paint with my fingernail. Once you chip it it it breached and it will all start coming off. I was on the phone today changing batteries and i snagged the Motherfucker. I put a Dab of hard paint on the tiny chip to hopefully save it. Catching the chip before it peeled may have saved it. I shall see. Either way I say Fuck cosmetics. It is performance that matters. In that Regard perhaps this is the best DNA mod yet. To think that I originally hated on it. I do not even give a shit if the paint fly's off. The vape it provides is great. Perhaps the best. The battery sled is indeed much nicer than the 200 was. However this is not for anyone that is not deep into Temp control really.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The color started fading from my Triade's front panel, but this has happened from use with my vt133 and all my older mods too, so I can't be bothered.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I'll be ordering a couple of these soon and it's good to hear the positive feedback for them as these will be my first dna mods since the dna40 debacle but i can't justify yihi prices with mods like these about. Only difference between me and most is I'm not really bothered about the colour of the leather as they will both be pale white skin coloured once i have them ;). Can anyone give an opinion on the 510 on this, the one on my ml class has been great better then any other mod I've had to date so just want to make sure the triade has a good quality 510. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

All my Lost Vape mods have a good quality 510:cheers:

VU Sponsors