Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Triade DNA250

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Here's a chart that shows the different colors. The only problem is not every vendor calls the colors by the same name. For instance, The Elephant is just called Black at Ecig (at least that's what people that have bought it have said) and Purple Ostrich is just Purple there.

PS I think Croc would be nice. It's pretty tough and looks good too (imo).

View attachment 65754
Cheers,
Steve
Do they make a Croc or you're just saying it would be nice (which I would agree with)?

Right now, I have an original red on my Triade (which darkened up quite a bit, to be expected with leather), and got a replacement "regular" black for it. My Therion came with the Red Ostrich which I also really like. I have my eyes open for an Italian leather replacement for the Therion as well, but have a feeling it was a limited edition and won'rt be out as a replacement back.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do they make a Croc or you're just saying it would be nice (which I would agree with)?
I was just saying it would be nice (I've never seen one with Croc - just a suggestion). When I was into high end custom made flashlights, there was a holster maker that used Croc (among other materials) and they were great. I still have one. I'll dig it out and either post a pic or PM it to you. I think it would be really nice.

Cheers,
Steve

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I collect high end Flashlights too! Alligator is actually more coveted than Croc while they are at it.....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i wouldn't mind sharkskin.
I have a pair of sharkskin boots that i bought in the mid 90s. They still look good after being resoled 4 or 5 times.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Damn dude, I thought you don't drip...
Nice!

I didnt use drippers at all until about a year ago. Now, that is almost all I use. That setup right there is great! dna250 triade with the goon24

or what brewbear said haha:giggle:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That made me Lol. Stingray is nice too but real Alligator is the most expensive. High end Alli boots are 3 grand.

I have a dumb but serious question. Say you have batteries with damaged wrappers. If you touch the negative of one post to the positive of another post will this catch that without blowing the fuse? The 200 ate all my wrappers and would rather not buy 6 more 18650's since these are plenty good. I know it is dumb and I could rewrap them but just wondering if that will blow the fuse on the 250 or if the protection will kick in? If anyone knows? I am not really in the mood to shrink 6 batteries and new ones add up for 6 but of course i do not want to blow the fuse. To be honest I have not used my 250 because of this. It came from Ecig last week. I also paid $149 bullshit. It was $111 with 25% off? I always get the short end of the stick. However Motherfuckers B&M up here is selling it for $235! Since he has no competition in the middle of nowhere. I am seriously concerned about the battery issue though before I go kill it if anyone knows. It does look Damn nice. If the paint comes off I will just Electroplate it. No big deal and not High right now but will be shortly :) BTW, you know Snoop Dog makes a vaporizer? HMM. Wonder what that is for HAHA. I am just joking around in case that is not to be discussed here.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That made me Lol. Stingray is nice too but real Alligator is the most expensive. High end Alli boots are 3 grand.

I have a dumb but serious question. Say you have batteries with damaged wrappers. If you touch the negative of one post to the positive of another post will this catch that without blowing the fuse? The 200 ate all my wrappers and would rather not buy 6 more 18650's since these are plenty good. I know it is dumb and I could rewrap them but just wondering if that will blow the fuse on the 250 or if the protection will kick in? If anyone knows? I am not really in the mood to shrink 6 batteries and new ones add up for 6 but of course i do not want to blow the fuse. To be honest I have not used my 250 because of this. It came from Ecig last week. I also paid $149 bullshit. It was $111 with 25% off? I always get the short end of the stick. However Motherfuckers B&M up here is selling it for $235! Since he has no competition in the middle of nowhere. I am seriously concerned about the battery issue though before I go kill it if anyone knows. It does look Damn nice. If the paint comes off I will just Electroplate it. No big deal and not High right now but will be shortly :) BTW, you know Snoop Dog makes a vaporizer? HMM. Wonder what that is for HAHA. I am just joking around in case that is not to be discussed here.
why not rewrap the batteries?
wrappers are 10 for a buck or two on ebay.
take your old wrappers off and use the hair dryer to put the new ones on.

to your direct question, it can short and cause major problems.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. I am just being lazy. However not going to be lazy at the expense of my face. None of this matters anyways. I just took it out of the box. It has the same damn battery hoops as the 200 on mine! How disappointing. That is the whole reason I bought it. Plus now the leather case has a sticker, made in China on the bottom. Then says made in China in gold writing embossed into the leather when you open the flap of the case. Then says made in China on the bottom of the mod! I guess they are very proud that it is made in China then! Does not really matter to me It is just something most manufacturers try to hide. At least they are being forthright. Oh well. Perhaps I got an early one or something that had the battery hoops. They may have been using leftover battery sleds from the 20 at that point. Dammit.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
oh damn I don't have any hoops on mine.​

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me neither andine says Manufactured by Lost Vapes Designed in the USA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh damn I don't have any hoops on mine.​
Me neither andine says Manufactured by Lost Vapes Designed in the USA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Mine are the same. They say: Manufactured by Lost Vape. Designed in the USA and don't have the mechanical reverse polarity protection hoops (DNA250 has it built in so they aren't needed). I'd like to see pictures of the one that has hoops and says made in China.

IMG_20161105_232825.jpg
img_20161011_202314-jpg.63708

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very strange. I am not bullshitting you guys. I am being completely serious. It is I that got screwed not any of you so why else would I be unhappy?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait, perhaps I am mistaking what "hoops" actually are? It has a raised circle around all the negative posts? You are also correct, I apologize. The mod itself does not say made in china. The box had a upc sticker that said so and inside the flap of the case in gold writing it says so. i admit I may be completely out of line here. I am honestly not trying to troll. I did make a mistake about the made in china on the mod in my hastte and I am quick to admit that. Other than that perhaps I am mistaken as to what the "hoops" are. If so, I apologize for stating that as well. I am not trying to be an asshole.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wants a black one. I wants it now

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 250 is actually much harder to put the batteries in than the 200 is. Since the 200 has loosened up. Could someone please tell me if what I described are in fact the battery "hoops"? Also the DNA 250 runs hotter IMO. I had the 200 at 500F on NI200 and the 250 is on 450. 500 was scorching on the 250. This is just great. I see no difference in the battery sled between my 200 and the 250. Can someone put a clseup pic of theirs please? I think for what I paid I should try to exchange it but who knows if I get the same thing again.

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
I have 3 different ones, each has with a different battery discharge curve and Watt Hours ( 25R's, 30Q's, and HG2's). They are the same other than that - 7 TC profiles, 1 for power mode, custom screens, custom theme, etc.

Cheers,
Steve
Is one of them with the battery curve for Samsung 25R's? If so can I get a copy please? Also would the same file work for the 200 version?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is one of them with the battery curve for Samsung 25R's? If so can I get a copy please? Also would the same file work for the 200 version?
It should. The only things that might be different are the case thermals and mod resistance. I don't have the 200 version so I'm not sure what the Mod's resistance is. Everything else is the same.

Give me a minute and I'll upload it to the page with my other Ecig files. The link is in my signature (they are in the VT133 thread on page 7).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: It's there now along with instructions on how to load it.

LLF1968

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 3 different ones, each has with a different battery discharge curve and Watt Hours ( 25R's, 30Q's, and HG2's). They are the same other than that - 7 TC profiles, 1 for power mode, custom screens, custom theme, etc.

Cheers,
Steve

do you have the settings for hg2? i only saw the config for 25r

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
It should. The only things that might be different are the case thermals and mod resistance. I don't have the 200 version so I'm not sure what the Mod's resistance is. Everything else is the same.

Give me a minute and I'll upload it to the page with my other Ecig files. The link is in my signature (they are in the VT133 thread on page 7).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: It's there now along with instructions on how to load it.

Thank you!! Worked great and a vast improvement over LV's attempt. So glad you went back to the original LV logo (200 version), I don't particularly care for the new one on the 250.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you!! Worked great and a vast improvement over LV's attempt. So glad you went back to the original LV logo (200 version), I don't particularly care for the new one on the 250.
You're Welcome my friend, I'm glad you like it. I like that welcome screen better myself. I had to do that quick so they may have the U of M GO BLUE welcome screen also. I didn't have time to check/change it. I'll post the DNA250 screen I made along with the LV welcome screen that came on the mod just in case anyone wants to change it. I mean the LV screen, not the Go Blue. Why would anyone want to change that? :teehee: :giggle:

PS I'm just messing around :D

LV2.png DNA250.png

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wingsfan0310, I finally decided the Triade will do better in use rather than in the box. The file you posted for the 250 should work in the 200 as well, am I understanding this right? The preloaded files kinda suck, so until I get home, much later today, I'll be using it in "kanthal" mode.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wingsfan0310, I finally decided the Triade will do better in use rather than in the box. The file you posted for the 250 should work in the 200 as well, am I understanding this right? The preloaded files kinda suck, so until I get home, much later today, I'll be using it in "kanthal" mode.
I think it should work just fine. It's basically the same mod just with the 250 instead of the 200 board or vice versa. The only things I'm not positive about is mod resistance or case thermals. Like I said, with it being basically just a change of boards, I think the numbers should be in the ballpark. The profiles, theme, screens are totally interchangeable.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For anyone that's interested, the Lost Vape Therion 166 is up for pre-sale (ETA 11-17-16) at FT for just under $122
https://www.fasttech.com/search?therion 166

Unfortunately you will need to go back to the 133 or 75 to figure out which color is which since they list them differently than a lot of places. For instance, they have both Auburn and Dark Auburn which I think are there way of saying Ostrich.

Cheers,
Steve

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
I'm a newbie to TC. After a few weeks of annoying myself with indecision, asking elsewhere and then here, reading, and watching a lot of videos, I bought a Purple Ostrich Triade DNA250. (Lots of factors went into that choice, but that's tedious.) I realize it's not the best thing for someone just starting out but I figured I'd spend less money in the long term, though it'll take me some time to learn things. I have a mac so I used a walkthrough on the evolv forum to up win 10 and escribe using virtualbox.

@Wingsfan310 - Thanks for the FAQ link. Will read through the thread. I can't seem to open your configuration files. I notice you have configs for LG2 and 30Q. Are these the best batteries for the Triade? The seller I bought from only had Sony VC5s on hand (and Enook which I've never read about anywhere as recommended batts.). I plan on getting another set of batts for this so I have a spare set for rotation. It's a bit of a pita inserting the Sony batteries into the mod.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a newbie to TC. After a few weeks of annoying myself with indecision, asking elsewhere and then here, reading, and watching a lot of videos, I bought a Purple Ostrich Triade DNA250. (Lots of factors went into that choice, but that's tedious.) I realize it's not the best thing for someone just starting out but I figured I'd spend less money in the long term, though it'll take me some time to learn things. I have a mac so I used a walkthrough on the evolv forum to up win 10 and escribe using virtualbox.

@Wingsfan310 - Thanks for the FAQ link. Will read through the thread. I can't seem to open your configuration files. I notice you have configs for LG2 and 30Q. Are these the best batteries for the Triade? The seller I bought from only had Sony VC5s on hand (and Enook which I've never read about anywhere as recommended batts.). I plan on getting another set of batts for this so I have a spare set for rotation. It's a bit of a pita inserting the Sony batteries into the mod.
You have to save the files and then change the file extension to .ecig. It's mentioned in the instructions. If you can't get them to download, shoot me a PM with your E-Mail address and I'll E-Mail them to you without changing the file extensions so you won't have to change them back. You can't upload .ecig files here.

The reason my files are using those batteries is because those are the ones I own. Sony cells are also good, I just happen to have 25R's, 30Q's, and HG2's. Nothing wrong with VTC5's and 6's.

Cheers,
Steve

rocketveg

Member For 4 Years
You have to save the files and then change the file extension to .ecig. It's mentioned in the instructions. If you can't get them to download, shoot me a PM with your E-Mail address and I'll E-Mail them to you without changing the file extensions so you won't have to change them back. You can't upload .ecig files here.

The reason my files are using those batteries is because those are the ones I own. Sony cells are also good, I just happen to have 25R's, 30Q's, and HG2's. Nothing wrong with VTC5's and 6's.

Cheers,
Steve

Oh thanks. Stupid me. I got them to download, so no problem.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must be mistaken what the "hoops" are. Anyways the batteries are a tight fit. At least when new. However it does not have the contact issues that the 200 has. Meaning you do not have to remove and replace the batteries several times often to get it to work. I just do not understand why the batteries are a tight fit. At least it won't snag the wrappers now. Probably a tight fit is a good thing since it makes good contact. The mod itself does not say made in China. The box had a UPC that said so and inside at the bottom of the gold writing it says so. I really don't care. I am not making any point. I know where it is made. I was just stating that it had this verbiage present. It is neither here nor there. It works good so far. No doubt it can do 250 but I am only at 75.2.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've never had any contact issues requiring me to insert batteries several times to get it to work, and I charge externally, so I do take them in and out..

KAS129

Member For 4 Years
Just for info, if you take your Triade out and about with you, I recently got a silicon sleeve off E-bay for mine. Fit really well and feels good in the hands. I don't use mine at home but saves the finish and leather from dirty hands and bumps when out of the house. I was actually surprised that anybody made one.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not like sleeves. Juice can get between them and just makes a mess. Unless your atty does not leak one bit.

I had issues with batteries in the 200. I realized inserting the battery in the 250 takes a different technique. With the 200 it is best to slide them in from the side as to not snag the wrappers on the hoops. With the 250 you can easily press them in straight down. That is much easier. I was still trying to slide them in from the side like on the 200 was my issue. It is not too tight but makes god contact. I have had no battery issues with the 250 but the 200 was tricky. This mod is great for what it is. It is kind of custom quality but not $650+.

Something else. The meter will not go to zero with fresh HG2's at 33.3WH. More like 27.9 They are not really 3000MAH but more like 2960. Sill good batteries IMO. I would not charge at 2 Amps. It is fine and safe but it will reduce duty cycle. 1 Amp is fine and charges in a few hours.

Now, someone go call me a Troll. Thank you

Mutescream

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't had to deal with leaky tanks, since vivi novas (they were great for flavor, in the day though). I guess I have been extremely lucky.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are extremely if nothing leaked since then. Some tanks leak a little or a lot. I still find many of them to be great tanks. Some do not leak. Compare what they have today to a VivI Nova! I started when all they had were disposables. Then went to what would actually be called a Clearomizer. You kinow, the plastic thing with the long top wicks that was disposable on a 300MAH Ego pen. I see those today at try out bars and they leak like crazy. Nice places have $150 mods with RTA's on their tryout bar. Leaking will not hurt this mod at all though. Just have to clean it and good to go. DNA200-250 are waterproof and so is the leather. Still, leaking does suck.

Mutescream

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had to think about it, but I did have a tank leak once since the vivis... I had forgotten it, because it was a $10 carto tank. On the plus side, some of the newer tanks like the smok tfv4 and now the tfv8 have quad coils that strongly resemble a carto and hit like one too. I haven't had issues with leaking on Nautilus, Atlantis or the TFV4.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are just lucky! My TFV8 leaks a lot. So do many peoples. My Crown II leaks like it just has a hole in it. As I said luckily this mod is waterproof lol.

VU Sponsors