Become a Patron!

Midknight's Portal

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard of him but don't follow. What a tragic and horrific event.
He's gruff, but honest with his opinions, and doesn't sugar coat things for companies or subscribers, I like that. But I'd not with that tragedy on anyone. So, many prayers for him please. I have a prayer chain going already myself.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard about that, pretty sad. :(

I can't help but wonder if it was somehow exacerbated by the drama-lifestyle and social media presence he has? Couldn't have been easy being his kid. Not to mention his own struggles with depression and other things. Things go in cycles...not to mention genetically.

I know that is true for me and my birth dad; he had a lot of demons and I got most of 'em.
I battle my demons constantly. Depression is a big one. I understand completely how it is. I'm the rock in my family though, so I don't really talk about it. If I ever really lost my shit, I'm not sure they'd know what to do. So I just bury stuff. So not healthy, I know.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This may cheer ya up man, it does me. :D
Took a nice walk to TJ's and got some lunch meats and other nomz.

Got some no-salt-added Tuna to share with Tiki, she went nuts. The tinned Trout is MINE though, with the Meunster cheese shown on the bottom. Yes, they let ya create yer own six-packs, or a $6.40 7-pack, from their TJ's branded beers. Fun to mix 'n match!

Got a $5 TJ's "Pizza Parlano" for sport watching.
Italian sausage, uncured pepperoni, fire-roasted peppers and onions. Yummm.

Cooks up nicely in my $20 Convection oven with a bit of extra Pequin and Garlic powder.

Ya can't change the past, nor predict the future, but you can enjoy the present.
Just the little things like having some pizza and a beer and watching some soggy golf with a Tiki. :)

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This may cheer ya up man, it does me. :D
Took a ncie walk to TJ's and got some lunch meats and other nomz.

Got some no-salt-added Tuna to share with Tiki, she went nuts. The tinned Trout is MINE though, with the Meunster cheese shown on the bottom. Yes, they let ya create yer own six-packs, or a $6.40 7-pack, from their TJ's branded beers. Fun to mix 'n match!

Got a $5 TJ's "Pizza Parlano" for sport watching.
Italian sausage, uncured pepperoni, fire-roasted peppers and onions. Yummm.

Cooks up nicely in my $20 Convection oven with a bit of extra Pequin and Garlic powder.

Ya can't change the past, nor predict the future, but you can enjoy the present.
Just the little things like having a pizza and a beer and watching some soggy golf with a Tiki. :)
That does make me happy. I wish we had a place like that where we could mix and match beers. That would be awesome. Looks like you got a really good haul there :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey y'all. I'm sick. Got a terrible cold all of a sudden yesterday. Grandkids were over a lot last week because they were on break from school. So now I'm miserable and can't stay awake for more than about two hours at a time.

Just got over this mess about a month ago, and here it is again. :sad:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey y'all. I'm sick. Got a terrible cold all of a sudden yesterday. Grandkids were over a lot last week because they were on break from school. So now I'm miserable and can't stay awake for more than about two hours at a time.

:( :hug:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Little petri dishes they are....
images

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

That sucks! Sorry to hear. Hope you get well soon.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm so sorry to hear that hun. Get well soon. Rest is your best weapon though

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@midknight420 check out what I found on YT this morning, in the wee hours. Don't mind Ian's singing right at the start - he's old, and it takes him a bit to get warmed up. :D

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@midknight420 check out what I found on YT this morning, in the wee hours. Don't mind Ian's singing right at the start - he's old, and it takes him a bit to get warmed up. :D

I am so watching this later. I wish I had time to watch thisbefore work. I love Jethro Tull. Thank you for showing me this.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
G'day peeps!

smile-its-friday.png

Hope everyone is having a good Friday afternoon.

A pretty nice day today, upper 60s with just a bit of chill breeze. Kinda felt like an indoor "picnic" for watching some golf and stuff. First iced coffee of the season, woohoo! :)

Used the convection oven to cook up some chicken patties (patties got a shot of that soy/chile sauce for some flavor) and crinkle fries served with a homemade spicy brown sauce. Yummers.

Fixed up some whole wheat buns for a chicken sammich from one of the patties with pepperjack cheese, Italian pepperoni, onion, pickled jalapeno, and a drizzle of garlic hab sauce to clear the sinuses a bit.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also managed to get my new-ish 2TB USB3 hard drive networked as my NAS drive. :bliss:

Drive paths in M$ vs *nix networking are a PITA...especially when they don't tell ya they append drive ID's to the path in the DLNA server, so the path you've been always been using suddenly is not there. You need to reboot both the router AND Windows for it to work, they didn't mention that either, bitches. But, got it working.

My old 1TB was about full, so I'm chuffed. :cool:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man am I glad that I just finished eating dinner. Seeing this crazy amazing food posted would have my stomach growling LOL.

Haven't been on the forum much the past few days. Work has been killing me. Haven't been able to build anything or even make juice really. I need a vacation. Luckily I have a good beer in front of me and enjoying some relaxation finally.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi in here! I always get hungry looking at Caff's postings of food. :)
Another work day here. I felt violated yesterday at work. I never liked their system of placing check stubs that are accessible to anyone. They ripped open my check stub. Really pissed me off and I talked to HR instantly.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another work day here. I felt violated yesterday at work. I never liked their system of placing check stubs that are accessible to anyone. They ripped open my check stub. Really pissed me off and I talked to HR instantly.
I feel violated everyday at work....:cool:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It took a great deal of tip-toeing and quiet camera work to get this one, but she was tooo cute not to.
The second I snapped it, she heard it and woke up.

1gglfTA.jpg

Awwww..... cute-sleeping-cat-emoticon-wearing-sleep-mask.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's just horrible and not a good feeling. Anybody could have donesomething with that info. They seriously need to up their security protocols.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's just horrible and not a good feeling. Anybody could have donesomething with that info. They seriously need to up their security protocols.

I told the HR lady not to put my check stub where others have access. They know this is totally unacceptable. I had fun with it though. I told her that whoever looked at my check should feel sorry for me. (Since I make low wages compared to working in the city (the hood of Milwaukee). I'm going to hang there at least 2 more months. I'm not liking the sign up for days. I work PRN (as needed) and all of a sudden I don't get a schedule with potential sign ups available (most places will do this). I'm still debating on sticking it out or moving on. I'm under a 5200 sign on bonus. However, working prn I get 100.00 extra a pay period as long as I work a minimum of one day.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I should make a full pot of coffee. I love hazelnut coffee.

Yeah, I mainly use the drip machine for larger amounts in winter and in summer when I let it cool for iced coffee. :D
I can make espressos, pour-over, or French press, but sometimes fast and easy is good too.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a nice hot sammie last night: Used roast beef, ham, Muenster and Mexican-blend cheeses.
Hot pickle "relish" made up with Dave's Devils Spit pickle, green olives, some pickled jalapeno, and onion. On a Italian bread spread with mayo/horseradish/Dijon mustard and toasted up. Mmmm

Today, I made a batch of my Taco/Burrito meat up with 17% fat ground beef,and then poached Tiki and I some unseasoned chicken breast. So easy, so good.

Finger-squish tender too. =)

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Talking coffee is always a good day. I'm on my first afternoon cup as I type this after waking up after taking my son to school with a good coffee vape :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Walked into the living room and saw Tiki had clambered up in the old La-Z-Boy leather rocker/recliner she used to love years ago. I couldn't believe it.

IMG_5407.jpg

Grabbed the camera off the coffee table and set my vape down there, well, because it was handy. Tiki don't mind the mod, she does mind the camera and it distracted her long enough to get the shot.
She hasn't been up there since she started being ill like a year ago, so this is a good day! happy-kitteh.jpg

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Walked into the living room and saw Tiki had clambered up in the old La-Z-Boy leather rocker/recliner she used to love years ago. I couldn't believe it.

View attachment 137298

Grabbed the camera off the coffee table and set my vape down there, well, because it was handy. Tiki don't mind the mod, she does mind the camera and it distracted her long enough to get the shot.
She hasn't been up there since she started being ill like a year ago, so this is a good day! View attachment 137300
That's awesome! That's one happy kitty :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, she's still not her old self, but there is a little progress. :)

Fun BBall playoff games tonight with the Celtics vs Bucks, and GSW vs Rockets, so I gotta have FOOD!!
I made homemade pepperoni pizzas. :D

Using one of TJ's big square crusts cut in half to fit, sprayed with oil and slathered with a tomato/adobo sauce plus added MX oregano, basil and garlic. Spread a bunch of Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio over that, then a layer of gourmet pepperoni and diced onion. One also got some olives.
Sprinkled with a little bit of TJ's Onion-Garlic seasoning and a sprinkle of my Reaper powder, because I can.

In the $20 oven it went. In the last couple of minutes, I turned from Convection to Broil and added a bit of grated pepperjack for a nice melty cheese factor.

It is gooood. Crispy, chewy, melty, a bit spicy, and better than Little Ceasar's any day. :cool::pizza:

IMG_5410.jpg IMG_5411.jpg IMG_5413.jpg
IMG_5418.jpg IMG_5414.jpg IMG_5415.jpg IMG_5419.jpg

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Fun BBall playoff games tonight with the Celtics vs Bucks, and GSW vs Rockets, so I gotta have FOOD!!

Using one of TJ's big square crusts cut in half to fit, sprayed with oil and slathered with a tomato/adobo sauce plus added MX oregano, basil and garlic. Spread a bunch of Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio over that, then a layer of gourmet pepperoni and diced onion. One also got some olives.
Sprinkled with a little bit of TJ's Onion-Garlic seasoning and a sprinkle of my Reaper powder, because I can.

In the $20 oven it went. In the last couple of minutes, I turned from Convection to Broil and added a bit of grated pepperjack for a nice melty cheese factor.

It is gooood. Crispy, chewy, melty, a bit spicy, and better than Little Ceasar's any day. :cool::pizza:

View attachment 137311 View attachment 137310 View attachment 137309
View attachment 137306 View attachment 137308 View attachment 137307 View attachment 137305
That looks amazing. Not BBall here, but watching wrestling

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's awesome! That's one happy kitty :)

Kinda weird thing: that huge old furry throw pillow is like 40yrs old and once belonged to my now 93y.o. adopted Gramma who has Dementia.
Her and Tiki are both in end-of-life scenarios now, so it's a bit melancholy that she's choosing to be on that pillow now. :huh:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx bro, I really like being able to make pizza MY way. And, it's cheeep. :D

Soon: Canadian Bacon....with zero dammed pineapple.
Hell yes, I love pineapple.......cold. I hate it cooked in food, even in cakes and such.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda weird thing: that huge old furry throw pillow is like 40yrs old and once belonged to my now 93y.o. adopted Gramma who has Dementia.
Her and Tiki are both in end-of-life scenarios now, so it's a bit melancholy that she's choosing to be on that pillow now. :huh:
That's kinda touching and sad all at once. I do hope Tiki will be around for a long while still.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 137311 View attachment 137310 View attachment 137309
View attachment 137306 View attachment 137308 View attachment 137307 View attachment 137305
Your pizza looks good. I'm going to make a homemade pizza crust with toppings for my hubs b-day coming up. I'm going to carb load a bit to see if I can throw off my metabolism/set myself up for weight loss. I'm stagnant on the loss. I plan on pizza and maybe ice cream. Believe it or not..I have no desire to eat carbs. However, for resetting the metabolism I must.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will never understand how someone can omit carbs from their diet because after strenuous work my body craves the carbs. To each his own as they say....
Same. I need carbs, but most important of all is MEAT! I never understood vegetarians and vegans. Veggies is what food eats.....haha

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will never understand how someone can omit carbs from their diet because after strenuous work my body craves the carbs. To each his own as they say....
Same. I need carbs, but most important of all is MEAT! I never understood vegetarians and vegans. Veggies is what food eats.....haha

I eat meat and 20 or less carbs each day.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same. I need carbs, but most important of all is MEAT! I never understood vegetarians and vegans.

I eat meat, bread, pastas, fish and chicken and try to make a balanced diet meal. Usually Fresh Vegetables with my BBQ'ed or Grilled Meats. Most of the BBQ Sauces I use say Fat Free~!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dual wielding my Coffee:

IMG_0316.JPG
(super-crappy photo..meh)

It's great, the espresso is done just about when the drip machine hits around 5 cups out of 12. Not bad.

Is there a better thing than an iced Almond latte made with Caramel Almond milk, almond extract, and Agave syrup?

IMG_0317.JPG

Not today, there isn't. :D

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I eat meat and 20 or less carbs each day.
I eat meat, bread, pastas, fish and chicken and try to make a balanced diet meal. Usually Fresh Vegetables with my BBQ'ed or Grilled Meats. Most of the BBQ Sauces I use say Fat Free~!
Was just being funny haha. I eat veggies too. I'm just a huge meat nut. Hope no offense was taken. It's a running joke here at work with this kid I work with :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was just being funny haha. I eat veggies too. I'm just a huge meat nut. Hope no offense was taken. It's a running joke here at work with this kid I work with :)

I know :) I went to a fresh thyme market today. 4lbs of pork sausage and 4lbs of chicken sausage and 1.5 lbs of beef (yes, eating a little beef lately). I was a vegan in my early 20s. I ended up with anemia and reactive hypoglycemia (not to be confused with diabetes) worsened. After 3 years of being sick and unhealthy I decided to eat meat again. Now, I'll never stop. I basically do 80-100 grams of protein a day.

VU Sponsors