1. THE VAPORJOES NETWORK IS GIVING AWAY A PLAYSTATION 4 PRO
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

Discussion in 'All Tanks / Factory Coils' started by fckaugust8th, Jun 1, 2016.

1. KY_Rob

KY_Rob Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Well, I got my siren 2 last night at the local vape shop. For a $30 tank, it’s built surprisingly well. Taking it apart to clean it before first use, resulted in the upper o-ring getting destroyed. It seemed like it was almost glued to the glass. Glad spares were included.

Performance is great for my MTL preferences. Well adjusted airflow, plenty of vapor, loads of flavor...BUT...it leaks. A lot. Right out the air hole. I built it identically to my trusty KF4. I would guess there’s too much wick, even though the wick is well clear of the air inlets on the deck. Frankly, I just don’t have the desire to fiddle with it. Reminds me very much the old erlfuckinkonigan from way back. It’ll go to the land of failed-rob-vapes-drawer post haste.

f1r3b1rd and Nailz like this.
  2. Nailz

Nailz FUCK the FDA VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Well that's not good, not really heard reports of leaking like the V1, which is one thing that annoyed me the V1, so was thinking they fixed that problem, mine is meant to be here Monday, so will see if have the same problem.

KY_Rob likes this.
  3. eggbreak

eggbreak New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've been using the Berserker daily since I got it on Monday. It's a fantastic vape, super satisfying and very flavorful. The build was slightly annoying but I'm used to building on RDAs, so naturally an RTA is going to be a little tougher since you're working with less space and a Kayfun-ish deck has the annoying tendency to want to move the leads as you screw down the posts.

I built it with the stock coil that came with it, which are 2x30KA1/38N80 "3mm" fused claptons. They come out to 0.67 ohms for me. They're ever so slightly smaller than 3mm ID, so if you try to insert a 3mm rod, it won't really fit, which made positioning it kind of annoying. When I rebuild, I'm going to try doing what Alex from VapersMD suggested in his video (in Russian, but translated in a YouTube comment I found), which is to pull it on a 2.5mm rod so it's got a 2.5mm ID instead. Despite that annoyance, though, the coil has been performing beautifully. I've been vaping it on the 2nd smallest airflow hole around 20-22 W.

I haven't had any issues with flooding or leaking at all. For the "flooding while filling" issue that many complain about with this RTA, I've been following a tip that Vaping with Vic suggested in his review, which is when you're filling it, as soon as the o-ring grabs, turn the tank upside-down before screwing it down the rest of the way. I haven't had a single bit of flooding when filling as a result.

4. Nailz

Nailz FUCK the FDA VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Got mine today, I got the 24mm black one, and only been using for a few hours, but so far all is going good, will see if it is still behaving in a few days and once I refilled it a few times :)

KY_Rob likes this.
  5. CDroverNL

CDroverNL Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    The Bogan just put up a review of the Hastur MTL and Vic is putting one up later the week.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk