nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Old Pharts, I'm having a break from sleep, again, so checking in, and I think everyone has hit the sack. It's 3:18 am here in the Mid-Atlantic.

I'm switching off the lights. Y'all sleep tight! *click*

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Dale. OK, we got three old pharts (but Jimi might have already fallen asleep) and a youngling (Hi Eric - I see you lurking).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening, Rich....hope the weather cooperated in dakota today....:rolleyes:

I finished my gig with Caterpillar, came home, wrote their report....dehydrating bananas all night and a part of tomorrow, and made fermented sweet potatoes this evening. Very productive day....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening, Rich....hope the weather cooperated in dakota today.
I won't even ask if Rich had rain today, I'll just assume so......:teehee:
Nope, no rain today. I told it to go see Jimi, but you know how uncooperative weather is.

Today was mostly riding around on the mower. Oddly enough, even though that is "sitting" all day, I am sore as hell... bouncy bouncy... plus cuts from getting too close to the wild plum trees (nasty thorns). They are starting to bloom and most of the lilacs have leaves and a few are starting to bud their little flowers. AHHhhhhh... I think Spring finally got here. Maybe tomorrow the garden dirt will be dry enough for second-pass tilling. I hope my old body is up to it because I obviously have not really recovered from that chicken coop BS yet.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope, no rain today. I told it to go see Jimi, but you know how uncooperative weather is.

Today was mostly riding around on the mower. Oddly enough, even though that is "sitting" all day, I am sore as hell... bouncy bouncy... plus cuts from getting too close to the wild plum trees (nasty thorns). They are starting to bloom and most of the lilacs have leaves and a few are starting to bud their little flowers. AHHhhhhh... I think Spring finally got here. Maybe tomorrow the garden dirt will be dry enough for second-pass tilling. I hope my old body is up to it because I obviously have not really recovered from that chicken coop BS yet.
Bet it smells fantastic on the homestead....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
21 fissures now and it looks like it’ll be blowing soon... crazy stuff going on there..
Because the Ha'wai'i magma vents are the moving type, USGS seems to be a tad worried this might trigger some dormant west coast volcanoes (like the entire Cascade Mountain range) to come alive. But I don't see that happening (I am not a vulcanology expert, but have seriously studied it for some time) within the next hundred years. Now Jellystone is a whole other headache.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because the Ha'wai'i magma vents are the moving type, USGS seems to be a tad worried this might trigger some dormant west coast volcanoes (like the entire Cascade Mountain range) to come alive. But I don't see that happening (I am not a vulcanology expert, but have seriously studied it for some time) within the next hundred years. Now Jellystone is a whole other headache.
Idk man.. I honestly do think it’ll blow but it won’t be crazy like Pompeii.. probably expecting a few quakes also .. just hope it take no lives..

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Idk man.. I honestly do think it’ll blow but it won’t be crazy like Pompeii.. probably expecting a few quakes also .. just hope it take no lives..
Some of the debate I have been reading suggests you are probably right. The arguments seem to be just how nasty that blow might be. It could just rip up the mountain or.... well, some people think it might take out a major chunk of the island (shades of Atlantis!). Like you, I am hoping for the lesser.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still have oven baked fresh water fish like blue gill crappie or walleye, bakes in home grown herbsand brushed with EVO one time a month in a small proportion
Much better than GMO red meat.....I like fresh locally caught fish, just haven't had a taste for any since I went plant based.....and feel 100% better too.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started Blazer dash disassembly. Watched all the youtube vids I could find on it.
Manuals you can get are no help.

handiest tool I have for dash disassembly.
skildriver.jpg

had my head under the dash and butt hanging out an a lightning bolt hit maybe 100 yds behind me...
Thought I had triggered airbag!

VU Sponsors