Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like I'm going with the first job offer. The HR lady said she would call me at 11am and no call. I'm kinda anal with promises. It appears they wanted a full time employee and that was their focus. If they do call back (I'm sure they will drag their ass) I'm declining that one due to their lack of organization. Calling someone at almost 9pm sounds janky and then promise to call in the morning seems weird.
Ya I agree. If the company or representative of, doesn't follow through its a turn off for me as well.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a wise choice. I hope it works out for you exactly as you envision it.
Thanks! It should and I hope it does work out. I just want to pay the internet bill, food and vape stuff. I told a nurse friend and she said "What? Are you crazy for taking a pay cut!". I explained to her that environment is more important that money. She is still working at the last place I worked and is looking for a job as well.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! It should and I hope it does work out. I just want to pay the internet bill, food and vape stuff. I told a nurse friend and she said "What? Are you crazy for taking a pay cut!". I explained to her that environment is more important that money. She is still working at the last place I worked and is looking for a job as well.

Kinda like when I left my first husband for the guy who became my 2nd -- the 2nd makes a lot less money, always has, but love, companionship, and good treatment have no monetary value (because they're priceless!) -- I've never regretted that choice!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda like when I left my first husband for the guy who became my 2nd -- the 2nd makes a lot less money, always has, but love, companionship, and good treatment have no monetary value (because they're priceless!) -- I've never regretted that choice!

Andria
he made you a job offer you could not refuse?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Similar analogy! :)

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good evening all. I hope everyone is doing well or healing up nicely tonight. It’s a rainy yucky night here tonight so I’m going to kick back and play some subnautica on the computer, toss the occasional biscuit and generally decompress from a week full of Mondays.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been working on my basement workshop all day.

Got 2 cabinet bases with an old folding table on top. Just the top of the table removed all the metal stuff.
And a 4X8 sheet of pegboard behind the workbench.
tomorrow I fasten the top down and work on lighting.
Dark down there.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Got 2 cabinet bases with an old folding table on top. Just the top of the table removed all the metal stuff.
Dark down there.

what kind of work you gonna be doing down there.. building stuff out of wood, electronic stuff, vape cave?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My new hidey hole. Electronics and such small stuff.
Don't want sawdust all over everything stored in the basement.

Mainly a hidey hole I suppose and a place to put the tools that I acquire.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Dark down there.

Sounds like the work shop is coming together nicely.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tools i mean real tools, my vape tools survived the fire they are kept at my computer/vape desk.
Bought new soldering station, solder sucker and such.

been keeping amazon busy.
Got Kreg pocket screw jig and screws. Will use that to fasten the table top down tomorrow.
Got an air compressor and that is in the corner.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
he made you a job offer you could not refuse?

Yeah pretty much... He's the first person (other than my beloved grandfather who died in 1985) who ever told me "I love you" who didn't try to change me, criticise me, or hurt me in some fashion -- that's pretty hard to say no to! :)

Andria

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
I agree with you 100% Andria, happiness comes from within my friend

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need a happiness refill.
biscuit.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Dark down there.
Bob...you building a new shop in the spring?

VU Sponsors