Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I pulled a butt muscle yesterday, do I qualify for being an Old Phart now? Yup, slipped in a fresh calf poop that I didn't see (the calf poops are slicker'n owl shit), my right foot slipped straight out behind me (I was hurrying, as usual), and I almost did the splits, which I absolutely can NOT do anymore. It felt like the muscle right where my left butt cheek meets my leg just ripped in two. Man, oh, man, but that hurt. I had to stand there for a minute to see if I'd be able to walk, and good thing I could, because I was out in the barn by myself. I got the rest of the chores done, slowly but slowly, without too much trouble, but yowza, pulling the loaded cart back upslope to the house was excruciating. I had to stop a few times. You don't realize how much you use your butt muscles to do almost EVERYTHING, but especially pulling a heavy cart.

This morning it still hurts like somebody (Schwarzenegger, maybe) punched me in the ass, but it's better than yesterday. Rich is going to come out with me for morning chores now, just so there's someone there in case I get hurt. Not that he could pick me up and carry me, but at least he could call for help. ;) And maybe he can feed that blasted steer, who spends all his time standing at the fence yelling at me while I'm milking. It's HIS fault! LOL! I was trying to hurry because he was yelling extra loud yesterday. I think milking and cow chores would be a lot calmer and quieter without him always yelling at me to feed him FIRST. If it was summer, I could, but with the cold weather, I've got to get Cricket washed and cleaned up and milked out before my hot wash water cools off, and the pulsator on the milker gets too cold to pulsate. With my screwed up hands, I can't hand milk anymore, so it has to be the machine, and it doesn't like the cold.

Blah, blah, blah, bitch, bitch, bitch, listen to me going on. It's life on the farm, as usual. I pulled a muscle. It will heal. I'm just feeling sorry for myself. :rolleyes: And that steer should have been in the freezer a year ago, but sometimes things don't go according to our best laid plans.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, and this morning I managed to stagger out to the barns and fed that stupid steer and the horses and opened the chicken coop and BOSS'd them (Black Oiled Sunflower Seeds), then back to the cow barn to fill their trough and stand around to do anything else Lannie might need (like tossing the cows more hay). So, I guess we are now back to the normal routine.... or will be as soon as Lannie's butt recovers. :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I pulled a butt muscle yesterday, do I qualify for being an Old Phart now? Yup, slipped in a fresh calf poop that I didn't see (the calf poops are slicker'n owl shit), my right foot slipped straight out behind me (I was hurrying, as usual), and I almost did the splits, which I absolutely can NOT do anymore. It felt like the muscle right where my left butt cheek meets my leg just ripped in two. Man, oh, man, but that hurt. I had to stand there for a minute to see if I'd be able to walk, and good thing I could, because I was out in the barn by myself. I got the rest of the chores done, slowly but slowly, without too much trouble, but yowza, pulling the loaded cart back upslope to the house was excruciating. I had to stop a few times. You don't realize how much you use your butt muscles to do almost EVERYTHING, but especially pulling a heavy cart.

This morning it still hurts like somebody (Schwarzenegger, maybe) punched me in the ass, but it's better than yesterday. Rich is going to come out with me for morning chores now, just so there's someone there in case I get hurt. Not that he could pick me up and carry me, but at least he could call for help. ;) And maybe he can feed that blasted steer, who spends all his time standing at the fence yelling at me while I'm milking. It's HIS fault! LOL! I was trying to hurry because he was yelling extra loud yesterday. I think milking and cow chores would be a lot calmer and quieter without him always yelling at me to feed him FIRST. If it was summer, I could, but with the cold weather, I've got to get Cricket washed and cleaned up and milked out before my hot wash water cools off, and the pulsator on the milker gets too cold to pulsate. With my screwed up hands, I can't hand milk anymore, so it has to be the machine, and it doesn't like the cold.

Blah, blah, blah, bitch, bitch, bitch, listen to me going on. It's life on the farm, as usual. I pulled a muscle. It will heal. I'm just feeling sorry for myself. :rolleyes: And that steer should have been in the freezer a year ago, but sometimes things don't go according to our best laid plans.
I am sorry to hear that you pulled a muscle Lannie, hope it heals soon for you. You two just can't catch a break

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, and this morning I managed to stagger out to the barns and fed that stupid steer and the horses and opened the chicken coop and BOSS'd them (Black Oiled Sunflower Seeds), then back to the cow barn to fill their trough and stand around to do anything else Lannie might need (like tossing the cows more hay). So, I guess we are now back to the normal routine.... or will be as soon as Lannie's butt recovers. :)
You be careful out there too Rich, hope you both heal up fast my friends

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another day of cold and rain. Some ass took the rain gauge and threw it on the ground. Luckily, it ain't busted, so I put it back. No telling how much rain we got over the last few days. Yard is flooded. Rivers and steams are over their banks. Roads are heavily flooded over. My butt is staying inside.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sucks to be butthurt :)

LOL
Get better Lannie.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a $100 part for the Blazer a day or so ago. Stopped raining so went out to change it today and it was a returned/used part.

was PISSED.
So had to take an hour round trip to get my money back and buy the same part at another place.
Shame that one has to open and inspect everything...

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a $100 part for the Blazer a day or so ago. Stopped raining so went out to change it today and it was a returned/used part.

was PISSED.
So had to take an hour round trip to get my money back and buy the same part at another place.
Shame that one has to open and inspect everything...
My mother had that happen when she bought an air mattress at Wally World. When she took it out, it had dried vomit on it. They weren't happy when she returned it. She has quite the mouth.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mother had that happen when she bought an air mattress at Wally World. When she took it out, it had dried vomit on it. They weren't happy when she returned it. She has quite the mouth.
I worked at Lowes for 5 years.
I am a trained expert on how to raise hell at a retail establishment to get er done.

Calling headquarters is a nice touch if they give static.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I worked at Lowes for 5 years.
I am a trained expert on how to raise hell at a retail establishment to get er done.

Calling headquarters is a nice touch if they give static.
My brother worked at Home Depot for quite some time. He hated dealing with customers. Now, he has a nice cushy job doing security at an Air Force Base. He loves shredding cellphones.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh working retail or how I learned to hate humans....
I'm going to check out a computer embroidery operator job. They have full time or part time available and its within 5 miles of my house. I have a entry level knowledge of the job. I did it back when my son was 3 until the business went bust. It wasn't but a few months or so. My mom was a professional seamstress so I have some vague knowledge of machines. I had to always repair her sewing machine.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to check out a computer embroidery operator job. They have full time or part time available and its within 5 miles of my house. I have a entry level knowledge of the job. I did it back when my son was 3 until the business went bust. It wasn't but a few months or so. My mom was a professional seamstress so I have some vague knowledge of machines. I had to always repair her sewing machine.
I worked for a few years making computer controlled quilting machines.
The sewing machine top and bottom were not connected. But had had to be kept in synch electonically.
If you worked on sewing machines you understand how critical the timing and alignment of the bobbin/hook and needle are.
The machine would quilt a king sized comforter in about 2 minutes. Was used to make LL Bean products.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I worked for a few years making computer controlled quilting machines.
The sewing machine top and bottom were not connected. But had had to be kept in synch electonically.
If you worked on sewing machines you understand how critical the timing and alignment of the bobbin/hook and needle are.
The machine would quilt a king sized comforter in about 2 minutes. Was used to make LL Bean products.
Sounds really cool! I seen one of those machines in my life adventures.
I'm also thinking about applying at a local company that is famous for making a female condom.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was chilly, overcast with drizzle today, weirdest weather I can remember.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like you and Lannie had a tough day....hope she is alright after that spill.
I don't think she "spilled" anything; just slipped on calf shit and strained her butt muscle trying to stay upright. I think the commentary went something like "Ow ow damn it ow sumbits ow ow ow <numerous major expletives deleted> Ow ow OW!!!"

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think she "spilled" anything; just slipped on calf shit and strained her butt muscle trying to stay upright. I think the commentary went something like "Ow ow damn it ow sumbits ow ow ow <numerous major expletives deleted> Ow ow OW!!!"
I didn't mean she spilled anything, just a saying in the SW, spill can mean Fall, Fell, et al.....:)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't mean she spilled anything, just a saying in the SW, spill can mean Fall, Fell, et al.....:)
I do understand - honest. But what I was trying to convey is that she did not fall down. The injury is straining the muscle by not falling down. She probably would not have hurt herself as much if she had allowed herself to fall on her butt rather than stretching/straining to not fall. But this, of course, would have made lots of cow shit stains on her clothes and gawd knows gurlz absolutely do not want that to happen.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds really cool! I seen one of those machines in my life adventures.
I'm also thinking about applying at a local company that is famous for making a female condom.
HiYa Sandi,
,Hmmmmm would that be like a diaphragm or am I way off

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do understand - honest. But what I was trying to convey is that she did not fall down. The injury is straining the muscle by not falling down. She probably would not have hurt herself as much if she had allowed herself to fall on her butt rather than stretching/straining to not fall. But this, of course, would have made lots of cow shit stains on her clothes and gawd knows gurlz absolutely do not want that to happen.
So doing the splits is not falling in S Dakota?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might be just an Arizona thing....when you lose your footing, we call it a fall....:cheers:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So doing the splits is not falling in S Dakota?
You have to pay attention to every word... she said, "my right foot slipped straight out behind me (I was hurrying, as usual), and I almost did the splits." So, when that leg went outward, she strained to NOT fall, and that is what pulled the muscle.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You have to pay attention to every word... she said, "my right foot slipped straight out behind me (I was hurrying, as usual), and I almost did the splits." So, when that leg went outward, she strained to NOT fall, and that is what pulled the muscle.
Ahhh...I'm glad to hear Lannie didn't fall......:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So how was the weather today, Rich....any warmer?
59.5 (round it up to 60) and breezy* -- still needed to wear my coat all day.

* "breezy" in SD apparently is not the same as other states. They do not say "windy" here until it exceeds 40 mph, which I find to be a pain in the ass because the wind is always blowing here and to call 1-39 mph a breeze is idiotic.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This report is from 1991. In the first paragraph it states the production sites. The Jackson WI site is in the village I live in. They make a lot of products that have to be approved by the FDA.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=2ahUKEwi4r-Pny4zeAhUSyYMKHfZuDqIQFjAJegQICRAB&url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12316952&usg=AOvVaw2AU41EKCra1wnfOXguL0TX
2457102497_81fd86ee1c.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

* "breezy" is SD apparently is not the same as other states. They do not say "windy" here until it exceeds 40 mph, which I find to be a pain in the ass because the wind is always blowing here and to call 1-39 mph a breeze is idiotic.
Hahhahaha

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

* "breezy" in SD apparently is not the same as other states. They do not say "windy" here until it exceeds 40 mph, which I find to be a pain in the ass because the wind is always blowing here and to call 1-39 mph a breeze is idiotic.
Sounds like a good place for a wind generator setup?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like a good place for a wind generator setup?
Might be, but I don't want the damn things whirring in my ears 24/7. There is a huge wind farm about 90 miles north of here and every time I have seen it, at least half of them are not in operation. If your tax dollars weren't paying for that bullshit, I'd bet no private investors would put much into such a no-profit operation.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might be, but I don't want the damn things whirring in my ears 24/7. There is a huge wind farm about 90 miles north of here and every time I have seen it, at least half of them are not in operation. If your tax dollars weren't paying for that bullshit, I'd bet no private investors would put much into such a no-profit operation.
Did not figure that we old pharts could hear them anyway?
:)

Unfortunately they will be part of our energy future.
Another couple of centuries or so and we will pretty much have depleted our fossil fuels.

And I am not going to give Fusion tech to humans :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same thing here in northern AZ...half are broken at any given time.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did not figure that we old pharts could hear them anyway?
:)

Unfortunately they will be part of our energy future.
Another couple of centuries or so and we will pretty much have depleted our fossil fuels.

And I am not going to give Fusion tech to humans :)
Right up to before we got all this rain, I've seen convoys of turbine blades going down the highway. It seems Texas is getting lots more of those wind farms. Those turbines need lots of maintenance. That is likely why so many are shut down at any given time. Someone has to go all the way up there, and it takes about 4 hours to run maintenance on each one. All the cleaning, degreasing, regreasing, etc...

VU Sponsors