Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics: Safety Communication - Increased Risk of Ruptures or Tears in the Aorta Blood Vessel in Certain Patients

ISSUE: FDA review found that fluoroquinolone antibiotics can increase the occurrence of rare but serious events of ruptures or tears in the main artery of the body, called the aorta. These tears, called aortic dissections, or ruptures of an aortic aneurysm can lead to dangerous bleeding or even death. They can occur with fluoroquinolones for systemic use given by mouth or through an injection.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP

Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited is voluntarily recalling 2 lots of Losartan potassium tablets, USP to the consumer level due to the detection of trace amounts of an unexpected impurity found in an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufactured by Hetero Labs Limited. The impurity detected in the API is N-nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA), which is a substance that occurs naturally in certain foods, drinking water, air pollution, and industrial processes, and has been classified as a probable human carcinogen as per International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classification.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP

Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited is voluntarily recalling 2 lots of Losartan potassium tablets, USP to the consumer level due to the detection of trace amounts of an unexpected impurity found in an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufactured by Hetero Labs Limited. The impurity detected in the API is N-nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA), which is a substance that occurs naturally in certain foods, drinking water, air pollution, and industrial processes, and has been classified as a probable human carcinogen as per International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classification.
I sure do appreciate you posting all these Rich, Thank you

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Rich , things are going as usual SSDD but oh well. How did the day treat you my friend?
Same ol' same ol'... I did manage to stuff a bunch of capsules (turmeric, dandelion root, and milk thistle seed). Lannie is still working hard to get the dobie to recover and I am doing what I can to help (most of which is probably just staying out of her way). :confused:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I feel like I am in the way all the time:rolleyes:, it's hell getting old
I often wonder if I am always "in the way" because I am getting so damn old or if wimmin just naturally run in a higher gear for a longer period of their lives. Of course, in my situation, I can always fall back on the point that she is 9 years younger than me. Yup, that's my excuse and it's sticking to me :D

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, but something to think about: She might dust the whole house at Light Speed, but we men, if we ever even picked up a duster, always, regardless of our age, just casually flipped it this way and that, and likely never even moved the knick knacks to dust behind them. Men and women work on a whole different version of reality. I have been telling Lannie to slow down for about 37 years and she is incapable of doing so. It's Warp 9 or not at all.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was never ever anything "affordable" about that bullshit.
No, not a single plan....my insurance went from $180 a month before fuckheads affordable care to $1,260, with only one company offering insurance in Maricopa county. What a fucking mess. For that kind of money with a 5K deductible, I'll self pay, and save a shitload of money.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Makes me kind of glad to be a disabled veteran. I pay $8 for a prescription, but nothing for anything else (you know, like CT scans, MRIs, major surgeries, eyeglasses, hearing aids), but they don't do teeth, but that's OK by me 'cause I ain't got any anyway. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Odd that Lannie just asked me if I'd like some caramel added to mine. I guess great minds run in the same gutter... or something like that. ;)
It really puts nice twist to the flavor, although I like the scotchcake just as the recipe calls for. It makes a good base to experiment with, I found caramel really hit the nail. Almost wanted to drink it.....:)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't gotten that far Jimi...just returned home yesterday....but I did make about a quart of carrot and celery juice this morning, damn that's a good tasty combination.
I am on 3 and a half weeks of a half gallon a day, just love the stuff, I throw all kinds of stuff in, onion red cabbage an avacodo, 5 pounds of carrots, about 5 to 10 garlic cloves and some kale is my favorite, whole meal in a glass.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am on 3 and a half weeks of a half gallon a day, just love the stuff, I throw all kinds of stuff in, onion red cabbage an avacodo, 5 pounds of carrots, about 5 to 10 garlic cloves and some kale is my favorite, whole meal in a glass.
I'm going to wally-world Saturday to stock up on veggies...I'll remember to get a larger selection this time.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It really puts nice twist to the flavor, although I like the scotchcake just as the recipe calls for. It makes a good base to experiment with, I found caramel really hit the nail. Almost wanted to drink it.....:)
I have to giggle at Lannie when she fills her tanks because she does drink it. Well, she always wipes up any little dribbles, then licks her fingers.

I also found the cure to my attempt to make Desert Ship actually taste like Camel Light 100s. On a lark, I filled my tank half and half with my tobacco mixture and the Butterbeer. Amazing results. It seems the Butterbeer and the Scotchcake can be used to bring out the flavor of anything else, or act as a base for adding experimental flavors.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to giggle at Lannie when she fills her tanks because she does drink it. Well, she always wipes up any little dribbles, then licks her fingers.

I also found cure to my attempt to make Desert Ship actually taste like Camel Light 100s. On a lark, I filled my tank half and half with my tobacco mixture and the Butterbeer. Amazing results. It seems the Butterbeer and the Scotchcake can be used to bring out the flavor of anything else, or act as a base for adding experimental flavors.
True...I actually added the caramel to some butterbeer too, tastes fantastic.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, friends, I think I need to take my caramel butt to bed now. o_O You know us really old people and how tired we get.
Yak at y'all tomorrow.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I also found the cure to my attempt to make Desert Ship actually taste like Camel Light 100s. On a lark, I filled my tank half and half with my tobacco mixture and the Butterbeer. Amazing results. It seems the Butterbeer and the Scotchcake can be used to bring out the flavor of anything else, or act as a base for adding experimental flavors.

My Cromwells Camel recipe has Desert Ship a bit of butterscotch, Liquid Amber, and a bit of brown sugar extract.

VU Sponsors