Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Returning home, I had plans to head out and buy maters, peppers, etc, etc....there has been frost on the ground the last two mornings. It's supposed to be in the 70's toward the end of Feb...!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So you been having some good luck with the Bobcat recently? ....well, I guess all your luck isn't bad.
Don't know if it is good luck or the new starter fluid (heavy on the ether content - but will too much of that ruin my engine?). Or was it that, quite by accident, I had the throttle and the choke in exactly the right position, which seldom happens... I don't know why that antique started at only 5 ºF, but it did and I got a lot of work done that, without so doing, even my 4x4 truck would not have gotten out of the driveway. Oh well....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't know if it is good luck or the new starter fluid (heavy on the ether content - but will too much of that ruin my engine?). Or was it that, quite by accident, I had the throttle and the choke in exactly the right position, which seldom happens... I don't know why that antique started at only 5 ºF, but it did and I got a lot of work done that, without so doing, even my 4x4 truck would not have gotten out of the driveway. Oh well....
How much snow do you have on the ground?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey Rich, have you tried Kratom for your aches and pains?

I found a source in SA which is half the price of US retailers.

Found a nursery in HA that has seedlings, so I can plant some Kratom at the new place when we go this April

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On average, about 30-33" with drifts over 6 feet and now my Bobcat piles along both sides of the driveway and yards up to 9 feet high.
Damn....I haven't looked at past posts about what's going on, but that is a lot of snow even for your area....correct?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn....I haven't looked at past posts about what's going on, but that is a lot of snow even for your area....correct?
We have had winters with only a foot on the ground and others with drifts 15-feet high (over the top of some of my trees). The only thing that really has made this winter more painful is that it is happening all at once (i.e., continuous cold and snow). Normal conditions are to be cold and snowy for a day or two, then ease off for several days. But I don't think we have even been UP to freezing for several weeks and everyone is suffering.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We have had winters with only a foot on the ground and others with drifts 15-feet high (over the top of some of my trees). The only thing that really has made this winter more painful is that it is happening all at once (i.e., continuous cold and snow). Normal conditions are to be cold and snowy for a day or two, then ease off for several days. But I don't think we have even been UP to freezing for several weeks and everyone is suffering.
It's going to be a freaking mess when the shit starts melting. Hope it melts slow, instead of -2F to 75F the same week.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's going to be a freaking mess when the shit starts melting. Hope it melts slow, instead of -2F to 75F the same week.
Yeah, that would make for standing puddles everywhere and very deep sticky mud. A "normal" end-of-winter is to gradually move up to 30, 35, 40, maybe a day or two of 50 and back down to 35, then back up to 40-45 until all the white shit melts and green starts popping up everywhere. The beginning of the green season is my favorite time of year.

But speaking of melting, I think it is time for my tired old face to melt into a pillow. Yak at y'all tomorrow.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You ever try one of those block or radiator heaters?
It has a block heater, but it quit working a bazillion years ago. I would have replaced it, but I cannot get to the place where it screws into the engine. I think you have to pull the engine to get at that spot. Just like the battery problem - the magneto cannot charge the battery because a bunch of magnets have fallen off the flywheel, which you cannot replace without pulling the engine. The shop charges about a thousand bucks to do this. Sigh...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It has a block heater, but it quit working a bazillion years ago. I would have replaced it, but I cannot get to the place where it screws into the engine. I think you have to pull the engine to get at that spot. Just like the battery problem - the magneto cannot charge the battery because a bunch of magnets have fallen off the flywheel, which you cannot replace without pulling the engine. The shop charges about a thousand bucks to do this. Sigh...
Yep, those issues cause lots of other issues.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My only issue right at the moment is keeping my eyes open, so I think I better put my ancient ass to bed. Catch ya tomorrow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man I can't believe it's still POURING outside....supposed to warm up next week....should be prime
My only issue right at the moment is keeping my eyes open, so I think I better put my ancient ass to bed. Catch ya tomorrow.
Have a good one, Rich....I'm not far behind.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, I'm not the one who brought up yodeling in the canyon
:sarcasm:
So who did? And, if that is supposed to be a reference to something gross, is it similar to that 3rd-graders' joke about echoes? Uh, like that dumb ass who kept trying to tell sex jokes in... what was that Arnie movie about the alien in South America? Predator? Hello! hello hello hello... the 2x4 broke and I fell in... ran into another guy in there who was searching for something... he kept saying "If we can find my keys, we can drive outta here." Now, have we sufficiently covered the gross stuff? Onward and upward about bitching about the weather... :)

Heard that Flagstaff, AZ got three feet of snow today. Wow! We only got an inch (so far). Guess this is one of the few days I don't want to trade places with that sunny state.
:cuss:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@inspects YO! DALE! How close was this to your place?

A 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck near the border of Ecuador and Peru early Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey said. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dale

Not for third-graders, that's for sure

One thing I can't bitch about today - it's sunny and 27 above :)
Dale? For some reason, that surprises me.

I didn't mean to say third graders would say those things, but that the men who do say those things have a third-grader mentality.

Nice to know someone has fairly decent weather. I think our high today was 15 ºF with slightly over an inch of new snow. And the friggin' steer broke down the cross fence and sheered a 6" gate post off at ground level. No way in hell I can auger a new post hole in this frozen ground with 30" of snow on top of it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ever wondered about the difference in the way we pronounce "public" versus "pubic"? They seem to be the same word, though one has an "l" and the other doesn't. So if "pubic" is pronounced "pube-ick," then why isn't "public" pronounced "pube-lick," which would give it an entirely different meaning...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Funny mind movie... yes, Crom, I can see you standing in Wally World pronouncing it that way and a couple old ladies in stretch pants nodding rapidly... :D (a look of "yes please" on their faces)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was going to post a picture of the snow on the mountains in my backyard, files to big, and I don't feel like fucking around making um smaller......anyway...it was one shitty rainy day today....:popcorn:

VU Sponsors