Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems to come from a different direction every day, but the bedroom window faces the driveway, across which is the garage, which channels wind between the two buildings, either vortex or eddy, no matter which direction it actually comes from. Short answer: if it is blowing in the window, she is happy, If not, the fan gets turned up. :) Me? I hate wind and fans.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems to come from a different direction every day, but the bedroom window faces the driveway, across which is the garage, which channels wind between the two buildings, either vortex or eddy, no matter which direction it actually comes from. Short answer: if it is blowing in the window, she is happy, If not, the fan gets turned up. :) Me? I hate wind and fans.
Hahha....yeah, me too actually

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hahha....yeah, me too actually
I thought we were brothers before, but now I am wondering about twins.
Don't like the sound of a fan running, or anything else for that matter
Ditto. Poor Lannie can hear a pin drop a hundred yards away while machine guns are going off all around her. That would make be crazy, so in some ways, me being mostly deaf is a blessing.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought we were brothers before, but now I am wondering about twins.

Ditto. Poor Lannie can hear a pin drop a hundred yards away while machine guns are going off all around her. That would make be crazy, so in some ways, me being mostly deaf is a blessing.
My last trip to EC I bought ear plugs, Eli wanted the damn ceiling fan on, I didn't....she won

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get over it, Dale. :) The gurl always wins, and if you don't allow her to win, you will never win in that relationship again... at least not with her. :eek:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening pholks.........:vino:

Hope the mothers who visit this thread had a wonderful day....:cheers:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Novartis Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Promacta 12.5 mg for Oral Suspension Due to Potential Peanut Contamination

May 11, 2019 -- Novartis today announced a voluntary recall of three lots of Promacta (eltrombopag) 12.5 mg for oral suspension to the consumer level. The oral suspension lots are being recalled because of a risk of potential peanut flour contamination that occurred at a third-party contract manufacturing site.
So now they're subcontracting their "medicine" out to peanut packers?

I assume so.................

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, the thermometer almost made it to 71... :)
Unloaded a bunch of stuff into the hay room, filled the alfalfa bin, the beet pulp bin, the dog cookie container :rolleyes:, took out the cow barn garbage, then dug around in the shop to find my flag stash and ran a new one up the pole, then to rest my owie muscles, came in the house to sit at the table for a couple hours and stuff capsules (turmeric, dandelion root, and milk thistle seed).

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only "official" anemometer within 75 miles is at a dirt strip runway just east of Faith (a robot reporter about 30 miles from here) and that is what they base their wind guesses on for half this county. Now, oddly enough, I doubt the wind here at Love Acres ever got above about 8 mph today. :D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only "official" anemometer within 75 miles is at a dirt strip runway just east of Faith (a robot reporter about 30 miles from here) and that is what they base their wind guesses on for half this county. Now, oddly enough, I doubt the wind here at Love Acres ever got above about 8 mph today. :D
Wow, their guessing backwards now.....:teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have a good one tomorrow....I'll be inspecting a 20K sf building.....:)

Yak at ya tomorrow......:vino:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nudder beautiful day in-duh-neighbor--hood
The day started as partly cloudy (mostly sunny) with light breeze. Early afternoon, the light disappeared and Lannie said she heard thunder. I gave her one of those "what you talkin' 'bout?" responses because my deafness totally excludes the frequency of thunder unless it is directly over my head. I looked around and, sure as hell, there was a big cumulonimbus sneaking in on us. Boom, crack, whoosh (high wind) and the showers started. Temperature dropped from 79 to 68 in just a couple minutes. A couple hours later, the thunderstorms vacated the area and all we had was some cumulo-fractus and some high thin cirrus, then even that went away by sunset and the sky is now clear. They comes and they goes...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was really nice here today, not sure what the temp was but I didn't break a sweat......:cheers:

May tomorrow, 10,500 sf house......who the fuck would want a house that big, no matter how much money they have to blow.....takes a certain kind that's fur-sure....need a full time maintenance man, full time housekeepers, full time gardener, etc, etc, et al

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
10,500 sf house......, full time housekeeper
Our house is a tad over 1/10th that size (1200 sq.ft.appx.) and we'd still like a full-time housekeeper. :) Come to think of it, if you added up ever building on this property (house, garage, shop, homesteading cabin, two garage-sized barns, and a chicken coop), we'd still be about 1/3 the size of their house. Hey, maybe they are putting in a bowling alley? Oh well....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Our house is a tad over 1/10th that size (1200 sq.ft.appx.) and we'd still like a full-time housekeeper. :) Come to think of it, if you added up ever building on this property (house, garage, shop, homesteading cabin, two garage-sized barns, and a chicken coop), we'd still be about 1/3 the size of their house. Hey, maybe they are putting in a bowling alley? Oh well....
Yeah I get it, mine here is less than 2,000 sf and I can't keep up with it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What's the going price for homes in your area? $100/sf? $150/sf? So a 10,500 sf house would be in the neighborhood of $1.05M to $1.58M?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's the going price for homes in your area? $100/sf? $150/sf? So a 10,500 sf house would be in the neighborhood of $1.05M to $1.58M?
$6.4 Million.....huge shaq....no idea why anyone in their right mind - even with loads of money would want such a maintenance pit.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
$6.4 Million
Totally insane. Is this a huge "house" or would you say it is a "mansion"? I figured once that I could have everything I ever wanted, including luxuries, and live happily ever after for the rest of my life on just $1M, and never run out of capital, so I cannot imagine the mentality required to spend more than six times that on one house that, to be honest, I would not spend very much time in it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Totally insane. Is this a huge "house" or would you say it is a "mansion"? I figured once that I could have everything I ever wanted, including luxuries, and live happily ever after for the rest of my life on just $1M, and never run out of capital, so I cannot imagine the mentality required to spend more than six times that on one house that, to be honest, I would not spend very much time in it.
I feel the same way, it's NUTS to spend money like that on a part-time house, said he just wanted it for winters, he lives in Minnesota

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was your day, Rich?....twas a lil warm here today, pushing 95 according to the thermometer in the truck

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn, I can't believe this shit, has to be at least 10-15 degrees below normal (excluding tomorrow)....:cry:

upload_2019-5-14_22-8-24.png

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how close the guessers are for your area, but they're calling for temps to be slashed by almost 50% (soon)....unbelievable.

upload_2019-5-14_22-12-8.png

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I am so worn out... fatigued... that I have already fallen asleep sitting here at the computer. It was partly cloudy, light breeze, 77 ºF, and I went outside to change the world. ;) Took garbage out to the burn pile, moved a bunch of limbs to that pile, picked up more garbage that blew out of the old burn barrel, pulled a mess of weeds in the garden (trying to prep it for planting next week) and moved those to the burn pile, got out my hose for safety (in case the wind picked up) and lit that sucker. All the bending, pulling, lifting, etc, has caused great pain that my pills are not hiding for me. I should just get in bed.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I am so worn out... fatigued... that I have already fallen asleep sitting here at the computer. It was partly cloudy, light breeze, 77 ºF, and I went outside to change the world. ;) Took garbage out to the burn pile, moved a bunch of limbs to that pile, picked up more garbage that blew out of the old burn barrel, pulled a mess of weeds in the garden (trying to prep it for planting next week) and moved those to the burn pile, got out my hose for safety (in case the wind picked up) and lit that sucker. All the bending, pulling, lifting, etc, has caused great pain that my pills are not hiding for me. I should just get in bed.
Got a fresh batch of kratom today, I'll put some in the mail tomorrow, hopefully it'll help some.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My buddy said it was new spring leaves, which are usually better....haven't tried any today, but I will in the morning.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I see their calling for 20mph wind tomorrow, what means 45-50 I'd assume.
They are so fucked it could be 40 or 10. I am hoping for the latter because if I have any energy after breakfast, I need to do a repeat of today's labors tomorrow. If we have high winds, I cannot burn the garbage/limbs/weeds/etc,

Got a fresh batch of kratom today, I'll put some in the mail tomorrow, hopefully it'll help some.
Thank you. My body will thank you tons. New spring leaves? So the fresher it is, the better? Hmmm.... I need to file that for future shopping data.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are so fucked it could be 40 or 10. I am hoping for the latter because if I have any energy after breakfast, I need to do a repeat of today's labors tomorrow. If we have high winds, I cannot burn the garbage/limbs/weeds/etc,

Thank you. My body will thank you tons. New spring leaves? So the fresher it is, the better? Hmmm.... I need to file that for future shopping data.
I'm working at home tomorrow, I'll head to the PO when they open.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like another cold front heading your way, I bet the wind will be about (normal)...."flag-busting", but hope not.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
About the only thing my forecast says different from the one you posted is that a couple of those rain days are thunderstorms. Given we won't have enough heat to build a thunderbumper, that implies they have to be frontal (or squall line - prefrontal) and, of course, warm fronts don't build storms*, so the fact that these are cold fronts is where those low temperatures come into play.

*warm fronts, in winter, often create nimbostratus, which creates really nasty snow storms, but usually are not referred to as blizzards like the cold fronts make.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors