Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He has an appt coming up with a different heart doc, since the last one kept dicking around and wouldn't tell him shit.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A nurses aide was able to look at an EKG and tell a valve was opening prematurely. When a bona fide heart surgeon would not tell him that, it was time to find u someone else. He went to the clinic I go to, and hopefully gets shit done about it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have 40mph gusts today, Rich?
Weird day for wind... blowing pretty hard in the morning - 25-30 mph - I said I could not do another fire in this wind so Lannie asked if I could get on the roof and goop those cracks. Nope, not in this wind. How about mowing? Well, everything needs mowing now, so even though I knew my hair and ears would be full of grass and dirt in this wind, I went ahead with that option. I mowed the north yard, then the dog yard, the south yard, and the SW corner... about halfway through that, the wind dropped to about 10 mph. I mowed the driveway verge and parked the Cub Cadet to take a vape break. My left foot was hurting something awful and I realized gas had been dripping on/in my shoe and my foot was red, swollen, and burning. I changed socks and shoes and went out and got on the TroyBilt and mowed the Commons and Dandelion Alley, then dragged some limbs to the burn pile. Wind had dropped to 2 mph (and stayed there the rest of the day) and temp was up to 83 and it was time for dinner anyway. Put away your toys and have some homemade tater salad and fried chicken, then go do evening chores (first, fill the damn chicken bin). Yup, another day on the farm...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Weird day for wind... blowing pretty hard in the morning - 25-30 mph - I said I could not do another fire in this wind so Lannie asked if I could get on the roof and goop those cracks. Nope, not in this wind. How about mowing? Well, everything needs mowing now, so even though I knew my hair and ears would be full of grass and dirt in this wind, I went ahead with that option. I mowed the north yard, then the dog yard, the south yard, and the SW corner... about halfway through that, the wind dropped to about 10 mph. I mowed the driveway verge and parked the Cub Cadet to take a vape break. My left foot was hurting something awful and I realized gas had been dripping on/in my shoe and my foot was red, swollen, and burning. I changed socks and shoes and went out and got on the TroyBilt and mowed the Commons and Dandelion Alley, then dragged some limbs to the burn pile. Wind had dropped to 2 mph (and stayed there the rest of the day) and temp was up to 83 and it was time for dinner anyway. Put away your toys and have some homemade tater salad and fried chicken, then go do evening chores (first, fill the damn chicken bin). Yup, another day on the farm...
Gas leaking from the new mower?.....from what?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's so hard to find any doctor that's worth a shit anymore let alone one you can trust, that's out of the question for me:)
I have discovered the reverse-psychology ploy works pretty good. I read a lot about my body's problems, so when the docs are looking at something and not saying much, I suggest what it could be and make them argue with me. At least that way I get their opinion about what is most likely the case.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
that's better than other things it coulda been.
Some times us dumb old bastards get in too much of a hurry. I suppose that ain't much different than the bloody cut on my right arm today. If I'd been going a little slower, maybe I could have ducked lower and that branch wouldn't have snagged me. Oh well, life's a bitch so just get on with it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep on the dirt and such flying while I was mowing today.
Just wore ear goggles and a cap.
Ear goggles? Is that something like hearing protection? I have something like that stashed somewhere near my reloading equipment, but given I am already deaf, I seldom ever even think about it. Oh well...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have a good one tomorrow, pholks....I have a long ride ahead of me before the crack of dawn......:cry:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ear goggles? Is that something like hearing protection? I have something like that stashed somewhere near my reloading equipment, but given I am already deaf, I seldom ever even think about it. Oh well...
Yep headphone style hearing protectors.
I wear them when working with loud stuff (except the SIL).
Weed eaters, chainsaws and even mowing but I wear earbuds under them usually and rockout with an MP3 player.

I put a USB charge port in my riding mower.
Might have to add GPS to it so I do not get lost as I get older :)

going to put a boat seat on it, that little thing that comes on them sucks.
had a nice boat seat on my old Gravely.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep headphone style hearing protectors
Mine are leftover from when I played range master at the central Orygun shooting sport assn... they were amplified so you could have a conversation, but the second they detected a BANG, they went dead for a minute. Don't know if my riding mower makes enough noise to turn them off, but I suppose I could just not turn them on in the first place,

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine are leftover from when I played range master at the central Orygun shooting sport assn... they were amplified so you could have a conversation, but the second they detected a BANG, they went dead for a minute. Don't know if my riding mower makes enough noise to turn them off, but I suppose I could just not turn them on in the first place,
Had a pair of that type. Like the regular ones better.
I also have a pill bottle of those little sponge thingys I keep in my chainsaw case.
My hearing is still pretty good.
Sometimes better than I would like ;)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use mine when noise is loud enough to give me a headache. It's funny when ppl think I can't hear them.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My hearing is still pretty good.
Sometimes better than I would like
Lannie hears a yellow belly chirping a couple hundred yards away and I couldn't hear it with both hearing aids cranked up to maximum. She can hear a pin drop during a hurricane and without my hearing aids, the building would have to be rocking before I even knew there was a storm.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie hears a yellow belly chirping a couple hundred yards away and I couldn't hear it with both hearing aids cranked up to maximum. She can hear a pin drop during a hurricane and without my hearing aids, the building would have to be rocking before I even knew there was a storm.

LOL! "Thunder? What thunder?"

CRRRRRAAAAAACCCKKKKKKKK!!!!

"Oh, that thunder..."

:teehee:

I'm always sitting bolt upright and saying, "What was that?" I think Rich thinks I do it just to annoy him ;) but when one or both of the dogs also sit up and perk their ears, at least I have corroboration. :p It usually turns out to be a cat knocking something over.:rolleyes:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn, it was a beautiful day today, have the doors and windows open tonight, feels like it's in the 60's.....astonishing for the middle of May. Supposed to dip into the 50's the next couple nights....gotta love it.....:cheers:
The summer will be over with before it arrives.......:bliss:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice day here. Got up to mid 70's and pretty sunny with a nice breeze.
had to go mow the Wife units friends place today, then mowed mine, weeded a flower bed and gave the weiner dog a bath...

Had a pretty good thunderstorm about dark thirty.

Off to bed now I think.

VU Sponsors