Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Could you imagine what it would cost each month if a husband and wife both smoked a pack or more per day each?....fuck me to tears....!
When Lannie and I both smoked (just before we quit), we consumed five cartons each per month. So, ten cartons would be about $700 a month today. That's more than my house payment used to be.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When Lannie and I both smoked, we consumed five cartons each per month. So, ten cartons would be about $700 a month today. That's more than my house payment used to be.
Oh I know, its nuts....hell, you have a Mercedes payment for 7 big ones

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, me too. I saw myself in the mirror and know without a doubt, I need some beauty sleep. :)
More BS tomorrow...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, but bob still does me no good unless it is here. It might be fixed, but I still can't use it if it is still in Faith.

Speaking of Faith, apparently the weather forecast was accurate for them. While we were in near blizzard conditions, they had rain only. Bear in mind, we are only 27 miles apart.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who is the delivery guy?.....some rancher who delivers shit when he isn't doing anything else?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I saw that. It is also the day our hay man wants to deliver. I told him to call me first because I don't want him to bring all that hay in a snow storm. Better to wait a day if possible.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well if the burger guy can't make it tomorrow, he prolly won't make it Wed either. One thing after another.

By the way, where did this summer go.....man it seems like time is flying by so fast I can't keep track any longer. Seems like we were just talking about 6' snow drifts a few weeks ago, and I didn't start bitching about the heat until a couple weeks ago (I'll have to check past posts to clarify that statement tho)......:teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What do you mean? I am still asking when it is going to get here. :rolleyes: We still have not had a [normal] summer.
I guess you'll have to wait until next year and hope for the best. Regardless, I'm just amazed how fast time goes by....hell this month is shot in another week (already)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have another idea... how about bed? Time has been flying by :) and I see it is now midnight thirty and I'm about to fall off my chair.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FDA, FTC Warn Company Marketing Unapproved Cannabidiol Products with Unsubstantiated Claims to Treat Teething and Ear Pain in Infants, Autism, ADHD, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's Disease

October 22, 2019 -- Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission posted a joint warning letter to Rooted Apothecary LLC, of Naples, Florida, for illegally selling unapproved products containing cannabidiol (CBD) online with unsubstantiated claims that the products treat teething pain and ear aches in infants, autism, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), as well as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, among other conditions or diseases.

Here are some of the claims Rooted Apothecary makes:
  • “Instead of synthetic chemical that can have safety concerns, this blend uses the best of nature to help calm the inflammation and pain of teething, while also promoting sleepiness for your little one.”
  • “No matter what age, ear aches are a terrible, no good way to live each day! Our main priority was safety, effectiveness . . . as we formulated this for the entire family including our precious little ones. When the pain is bad, this roller goes to work for soothing pain, inflammation, and to battle against the bacterial/viral critters to blame.”
  • “Increasing evidence suggests that CBD oil is a powerful option for pain…anxiety…and autism…It seems like an attractive and safe option for children.”
  • “CBD oil may have neuroprotective properties and may protect against neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.”
  • “[P]ossible uses for CBD include helping with skin problems such as acne, autism, ADHD, and even cancer. It’s often used in conjunction with traditional treatments to provide extra help. Children can use high amounts of CBD safely and without any risk.”

One would think no one would be stupid enough to sell an illegal drug for use by children/babies...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It was a dark and stormy night... oh, wrong story. Well, OK, it was a cloudy and windy morning. Lil' Bob arrived in my driveway about 4 PM, light rain started about 6 PM, heavy rain right now.

I climbed up on the delivery guy's trailer and helped unstrap Bob, then climbed inside while he attached the ramps. I barely touched the key and Bob started immediately, ran very smoothly, lower noise level than before, everything worked perfectly. I backed it into the garage and covered the interior with a tarp so the chickens won't shit all over everything. After 4 1/2 months, I feel like a few tons of stress weight have been lifted off my shoulders. Now if the hay guy delivers, that will help more. If the roof would quit leaking, that would help more. If... if... if...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't do much today....went to see a client who is suing a con-tractor.....then I went home and researched metal detectors, ended up buying two Garrett Max models, one for here, one for Ecuador...if I ever make it back there....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
should be a damn good engine
I hope so, but time will tell. If you think about it, that old Kohler lasted 35 years (yes, with some problems) and the Honda is supposed to be a bit better, so chances are that it will still be running fine after I have been sent to the scrap heap. :eek:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope so, but time will tell. If you think about it, that old Kohler lasted 35 years (yes, with some problems) and the Honda is supposed to be a bit better, so chances are that it will still be running fine after I have been sent to the scrap heap. :eek:
Friend of mine has a Honda (something) car with about 250K+/- miles on it, hasn't done anything to it except the usual regular maintenance.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now that I think about it, I have a 2006 Ford truck with 250K on it too, and I haven't done a damn thing to it except regular maintenance.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was gonna say I wouldn't compare a car engine to a 20HP skid steer engine... I have a 1974 Chevy 3/4-ton w/350 V8 that has at least 360k miles... if it would have fit in that tiny Bobcat, maybe I should have used that. :D

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm surprised someone hasn't shot that bitch yet. Then again, after the news I saw tonight about all the unconstitutional illegal activities the dems are doing in Congress, I really expect about a million gun owners to declare a new revolutionary war and wipe out every son-of-a-bitch in the capitol.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm surprised someone hasn't shot that bitch yet. Then again, after the news I saw tonight about all the unconstitutional illegal activities the dems are doing in Congress, I really expect about a million gun owners to declare a new revolutionary war and wipe out every son-of-a-bitch in the capitol.
Yeah, that's the god honest truth...!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sanofi Provides Update on Precautionary Voluntary Recall of Zantac OTC in U.S.

October 23, 2019 -- As a precautionary measure, Sanofi on Friday, October 18, intiated a voluntary recall of all Zantac OTC (over-the-counter) in the United States. This includes Zantac 150®, Zantac 150® Cool Mint, and Zantac 75®. Zantac tablets are an oral, over-the-counter product to prevent and relieve heartburn associated with acid ingestion and sour stomach.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sanofi Provides Update on Precautionary Voluntary Recall of Zantac OTC in U.S.

October 23, 2019 -- As a precautionary measure, Sanofi on Friday, October 18, intiated a voluntary recall of all Zantac OTC (over-the-counter) in the United States. This includes Zantac 150®, Zantac 150® Cool Mint, and Zantac 75®. Zantac tablets are an oral, over-the-counter product to prevent and relieve heartburn associated with acid ingestion and sour stomach.
Nothing wrong with a little cancer causing shit in your zantac

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Get anything done with the BC today?
No. The weather was "supposed to be" a bit of rain/snow mix, no accumulation, high of 39. Well, they got the high right, but it happened at 6:30 this morning. Within one hour from there, heavy snow, high winds, and the temp dropped to 29. When we went out for morning chores, there was about 1" on the ground. The hay man will come tomorrow. Don't want him to drive 50 miles out here in the snow. The highest we saw the temp during normal daytime was just under 32. It is 26 right at the moment and the sky is now clear, so you know it will just keep going down. The corrals are too sloppy muddy to expect even a skid steer to have any traction, so it stayed nice and cozy in the garage.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No. The weather was "supposed to be" a bit of rain/snow mix, no accumulation, high of 39. Well, they got the high right, but it happened at 6:30 this morning. Within one hour from there, heavy snow, high winds, and the temp dropped to 29. When we went out for morning chores, there was about 1" on the ground. The hay man will come tomorrow. Don't want him to drive 50 miles out here in the snow. The highest we saw the temp during normal daytime was just under 32. It is 26 right at the moment and the sky is now clear, so you know it will just keep going down. The corrals are too sloppy muddy to expect even a skid steer to have any traction, so it stayed nice and cozy in the garage.
Shitty all round day, oh well, it could be worse

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a 1.5 ohm coil for a dripper attached to a squonker, I forgot how well those high ohm coils vape

VU Sponsors