Become a Patron!

P4Y IPV D2 with Temp Control 75 watt Mod

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes and no. Ti01 acually has the more linear temperature v. resistance curve (~.0035 in the range where we vape). However, Ni200, even with a less linear resistance v. temperature response, can be more accurate because there is more resistance change as compared to temperature change (~.006 in the range where we vape).
That's what I was trying to say. But I do like titanium just cause I like contact coils.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

review and a giveaway as well

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have to say there is ONE thing I dislike about the build quality on mine
the battery cover. Mine does not sit flush against the sides, so it sticks up like a mm on one side and half a mm on the other side.

Also I do not like the ball bearings only being on thebottom I think it needs a pair at the top too. It has this groove to slide the cover down to open it. But since theres no bearings at the top its super easy just to pull it off which makes scratches in the battery area finish and may make the groove in the battery cover itself distort/wear down and not stay in the groove on the mod it self, thereby loosening the fit of the cover.

Other then that this is an awesome $50 mod considering its size, tc (both NI and TI) and 75 watts

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I find the same complaint with the new sigelei 150 tc mod. The magnetic sliding door comes off pretty easily due to the little rectangle magnets on the top and bottom. the battery also sticks a mm above the other one. But all in all its still pretty nice. It's a bit heavy though.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I find the same complaint with the new sigelei 150 tc mod. The magnetic sliding door comes off pretty easily due to the little rectangle magnets on the top and bottom. the battery also sticks a mm above the other one. But all in all its still pretty nice. It's a bit heavy though.
I have to agree. It may have to do with the fact that its mass produced. My silver one is on its way to me wondering if they made any changes or not.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to agree. It may have to do with the fact that its mass produced. My silver one is on its way to me wondering if they made any changes or not.
Yeah definitely let me know. I am thinking about rigging a couple more magnets to reinforce the case.

Last edited:

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah definitely let me know. I am thinking about rigging a couple more batteries to reinforce the case.
will do lemme know how that reinforcing works for ya. I wonder if there stronger magnets that could be used maybe neodymium magnets.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Squeeze it down a bit... Tightens it up nicely.

I had to do that. Mine was rattling/clicking like mad. I thought of the Test piece review saying how good it was compared to iPV4, mine was much worse.
Squeezed it slightly and it's all better.

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I used mine at work today for the first time. I'm pretty bumming about the display being dim when not hitting it and lit when you are.
It sucked trying to look at display for info outside even in the shade.

It also seems that there will NO Chance of firmware upgrade on this MOD.
Can anyone confirm this?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if you want to UNDIM the display just do a quick click of any button. This quick click when the display is dimmed does not fire or change settings. It just brightens the display or if teh display ids off turns it back on. If you hit the fire button to do this it will also reread the attys reisstance and update it/

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What would you like added to the D2? More joules?
Just what are the practical limits for a single 18650 mod?

I just wanted the small stuff fixed like memory settings and the display light...

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro 4

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm pretty bumming about the display being dim when not hitting it and lit when you are.

I think they need a "dry coil" "no liquid" light on top of the mod by the atty. How are you supposed to see the window telling you that while you vape?

Well... it doesn't have presets

My D2 has NO presets. None for wattage or joules.

I would add presets and slow down the scroll at least for 1w/j's worth of scroll. Happily these are not major changes. Once you have an atty on and in use you're probably not going to need a drastic change in the power you're using.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well... it doesn't have presets, so it's a bit petty to want them fixed. j/k :p

The display lighting algorithm is odd enough that I don't have a handle on it yet myself. I can get it to light up when I want but not always with the same button.

I wouldn't mind a smack to the head of whoever coded the acceleration when changing values however.
Two seconds of "I'm thinkin' here" to... pour in the Schwartz, skip ludicrous speed... we're goin' straight to Plaid. :confused:

:D
I like the super scroll get close to where you want it and just do single taps.

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My D2 has NO presets. None for wattage or joules.

I would add presets and slow down the scroll at least for 1w/j's worth of scroll. Happily these are not major changes. Once you have an atty on and in use you're probably not going to need a drastic change in the power you're using.

I mistakingly thought that IPV would have improved on the V4 and had memory settings for Watts and Joules, instead I get none...lol
Still a great single batt mod for the price and would still take it over the few others competitors with TC I've had a chance to handle.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I mistakingly thought that IPV would have improved on the V4 and had memory settings for Watts and Joules, instead I get none...lol
Still a great single batt mod for the price and would still take it over the few others competitors with TC I've had a chance to handle.

That's one way to keep people from complaining it doesn't do what they want. Make it do nothing.
Compromise: The art of making everyone unhappy.

I can't believe it doesn't have wattage memory. But that doesn't affect me since I'll only use it in TC mode.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad it doesn't have presets. It does hold memory when swapping batteries though which is all I do want. The ipv mini v2 was terrible with the presets and I'm sure people bitched, therefore leaving them out of this model. Its only 75 watts/50 joules! Take a second to set it and forget it. I look at this as more of my travel/pocket mod. Its fantastic for that!

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad it doesn't have presets. It does hold memory when swapping batteries though which is all I do want. The ipv mini v2 was terrible with the presets and I'm sure people bitched, therefore leaving them out of this model. Its only 75 watts/50 joules! Take a second to set it and forget it. I look at this as more of my travel/pocket mod. Its fantastic for that!

I'm glad it holds the memory when swapping batteries. My Kamry 30 resets to 15w after a battery swap. Very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RE the whole 101Vape shipping UPS Innovations these days thing. I ordered a peek insulator/airflow screw kit for my Tobeco KF4 from 101 and some TI wire from StealthVape.co.uk. Both shipped Monday the 10th. I'm vaping on my first TI build as I type (too early for any kind of real opinion but it seems to be a nice vape) while the 101 shipment is laying at the bottom of a pothole in Allen Park, MI or god knows where. It seems they fumbled the handoff.
Edit: It's now the 21st and the package just found it's way to my local PO. Yea. When I contacted 101 just to say the new shipping method might have some issues they said they'd already gave it the bum's rush and went back to straight USPS.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RE the whole 101Vape shipping UPS Innovations these days thing. I ordered a peek insulator/airflow screw kit for my Tobeco KF4 from 101 and some TI wire from StealthVape.co.uk. Both shipped Monday the 10th. I'm vaping on my first TI build as I type (too early for any kind of real opinion but it seems to be a nice vape) while the 101 shipment is laying at the bottom of a pothole in Allen Park, MI or god knows where. It seems they fumbled the handoff.

I'm babysitting my grandkids today in Allen Park. I'll pop over to USPS and take a look for you ;) J/K, I know what it's like to be waiting for vape mail :eek: but I do just happen to be in Allen Park today

Cheers,
Steve

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I used mine at work today for the first time. I'm pretty bumming about the display being dim when not hitting it and lit when you are.

It also seems that there will NO Chance of firmware upgrade on this MOD.
Can anyone confirm this?
This uses a version of YIHI's SX130 chip redesigned for TC the SX130H. AFAIK (I could be mistaken) the 130 has never been a user upgrade able chip. At least the original 30W is listed on their site as not upgrade able. Some YIHI chips are, some not.
I just hit any of the buttons to light it up. I suspect they timed it so short to extend charge life a tad on a mod that already uses them up fairly fast since at it's top output it's already at the limits of a single 18650 as they stand now.

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like how they did the display lighting. I do notice better battery life due to it. Every lil bit helps

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
If you have the usb charger plugge din, should teh battery level indicator change in anyway to show it is charging?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
If you have the usb charger plugge din, should teh battery level indicator change in anyway to show it is charging?
The only indication mine shows is the red light on the bottom by the cable is red. I did not notice any change in the display indicating it was in a charging mode.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The only indication mine shows is the red light on the bottom by the cable is red. I did not notice any change in the display indicating it was in a charging mode.
same here which is why I asked, was wondering if mine was broken.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just a red light and it turns off when done

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
same here which is why I asked, was wondering if mine was broken.
I dont think its broken. If so both of our are lolol. Prob just another way to keep cost down on the device is to not add the feature of the display indicating any type of charging mode

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yes this board seems to be a stripped down bare bones board. has just enough to make it work and nothing else. But Im good with that for the price. If this was say 80 or more, I might be disappointed.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love the d2 its just a tc mod that works well. It's the perfect size and good power out put. I wonder how many days till something better is made lol

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just picked up the d2 and I gotta say.... It has impressed the hell out of me thus far!!! I have the sig 75tc, and using the same Herakles tank with ni200 coils with identical settings I was running on the sig this produces twice the vapor, and the flavor doesn't seem muted at all. All in all, I'm very pleased thus far, and mine even came with the old/new school cord!! The sig has been relegated to kanthal dripper use for now, and the IPV is now #1 in my out and about rotation. Just hoping the janky spring loaded battery connection doesn't break, got a Sammy 25r I'm going to leave in it and charge through the plug so hopefully no worries....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
63f498bc2005c5b9626b5114d96a3bbd.jpg

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only suxky thing is I didn't win the sleeve lottery. Mine didn't come with one :(

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like my old Cloupor DNA30 clone. Except with that you had to cup a hand around the display and tilt it to see the red glow. I got so used to the Istick 50 showing the display on charge that when I PIF'd the Cana to my nephew I thought the charger was crapped out for a minute. I never used the charger much on that and had to stop and think about how it worked.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone who has a sleeve and is not using it wanna make a trade of some kind for it?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I just picked up the d2 and I gotta say.... It has impressed the hell out of me thus far!!! I have the sig 75tc, and using the same Herakles tank with ni200 coils with identical settings I was running on the sig this produces twice the vapor, and the flavor doesn't seem muted at all. All in all, I'm very pleased thus far, and mine even came with the old/new school cord!! The sig has been relegated to kanthal dripper use for now, and the IPV is now #1 in my out and about rotation. Just hoping the janky spring loaded battery connection doesn't break, got a Sammy 25r I'm going to leave in it and charge through the plug so hopefully no worries....

I'm glad you are enjoying your D2. I have both as well and have found the sig needs to be about 60 degrees higher than the D2 to get the same vape. Love them both for what they are

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I honestly can't get the sig to perform as well at 650 degrees and 50 watts as the IPV at 500 and 50 joules.... I was shocked at the difference but my faith in p4u was renewed with this device...

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only suxky thing is I didn't win the sleeve lottery. Mine didn't come with one :(

Got mine from 101vape also and no sleeve....

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro 4

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That sucks... Rumor has it these are the "latest run" hence having usb/Dinosaur cable (which I like BTW, much more durable than micro USB imho.) Heard stories so my boy at the vape shop cracked the package and made sure the cable and sleeve were present....

I'll admit, I dogged this device, as my now sold ipv4 worked great but looked jank as fuck, paint peeling, just seemed poorly made. Good chip, poor mod design.

Sold it, got the d2 and this thing does everything I want and it's palm sized. Bat life is ok in tc, what do ya expect from a single 18650? My only gripe is the battery terminal... It is janky as fuck. I wish they did em like sigs...plan as of now is to leave my new 25r in it, charge via old school plug and cross my fingers...

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
EBay has some for sale but I don't like the + - on the buttons. It looks tacky.

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
bfaff49a7ddf971277259e668d3d8e85.jpg

Size comparison for anyone curious about size, next to sig 150, 75tc

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And, like the new Sig150 TC, is slips on and off from the top. No leaving an atty on while you swap the battery.
I leave mine on. Makes for a nice handle when sliding the sleeve up. I've yet to get it back down without having to slide the battery cover back up once or twice in the process though.:)

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I leave mine on. Makes for a nice handle when sliding the sleeve up. I've yet to get it back down without having to slide the battery cover back up once or twice in the process though.:)
Ditto.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just charge mine internally. I've only removed the sleeve when the dripper dripped all over and to check the battery after the first run down (it did shut down at the right point 3.2v I think).

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It actually charges faster internally. I believe it's a 1amp charge rate. My nitcore is like 750? I think

VU Sponsors