Become a Patron!

Smok Alien 220w is pretty awesome

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I said Eciggity not Ecig- city, two different companies. Easy to mix the two up. The sale goes to 1/7/17. Coupon code QUITSMOKING for 20% off everything. I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from them and never had a problem.

Last edited:

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the Alien 220w yesterday, with a Cleito 120 tank. It's a beast!

I had a big shipment from The Vape Mall delivered today... good timing!
I kinda want a cleito 120...how awesome is it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 220 is good (I own several) however like most Smok mods their lower resistance limit is too high! The chipset can handle .05 in TC it should in VW too!

Love the side grip firing lever. Gives a more mechanical feeling to it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eciggity's been pretty good to deal with, fast shipping and helpful. The one time I had an issue they made good on it immediately.

More than I can say for halo. Tried to inform them there was a bad batch of coils and those bastards have sent something like 16 emails back and forth now asking all sorts of stupid questions. How do you know the coil's burnt? Umm, no makey vapey on a brand new battery fully charged? Their customer service sucks raw ass. Every other coil out of 40 have worked fine, the last batch they burn out in a day. Glad I skipped their overpriced istick rebadged stuff and normally I wouldn't give a rat's ass and use someone else but my mom likes their vape pens and clearo's.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The 220 is good (I own several) however like most Smok mods their lower resistance limit is too high! The chipset can handle .05 in TC it should in VW too!

Love the side grip firing lever. Gives a more mechanical feeling to it.
There is a good reason for that. Plus most mods don't go below .1 in power mode. Only a couple do

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I traded my G-Priv for a rx 2/3 which I like a lot more. No real issues with G-Priv just didn't like the battery door and how it felt in my hand( left hand device?) could be why lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of my DNAs do. My tiny megavolt does as well.
The Alien isn't a n00b device so IMHO it should be able to do better in that regard.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
All of my DNAs do. My tiny megavolt does as well.
The Alien isn't a n00b device so IMHO it should be able to do better in that regard.
I just looked at the specs of the megavolt. It says it only does .2 ohm or higher?

Dna is a premium chip. The fsk in the g2 fires down to .007 and in the slice fires down to .000001 but in general no need to go so low. I've never needed to go that low. Only time I went below .1 was to test on the g2.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I traded my G-Priv for a rx 2/3 which I like a lot more. No real issues with G-Priv just didn't like the battery door and how it felt in my hand( left hand device?) could be why lol

G-Priv for a RX 2/3? That don't seem fair. Hope some cash or something else came your way.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Included 3 married batteries but I also got the G-Priv on a 25% sale so paid as much as i would have for the rx 2/3

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't really use TC, or vape over 120w, but for form factor, quality at a moderate price, battery life, and ability to fit 24-25mm tank or rta, how does Alien compare to the ipv8 and sigelei fuchai 213 plus?

Also the ipv5, but some have commented that its big and heavy.....is that the consensus?

I think the sigelei looks best, but I saw they had some scandalous practices as of late, though P4U has also dropped the ball here and there since the ipv5.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just looked at the specs of the megavolt. It says it only does .2 ohm or higher?

Dna is a premium chip. The fsk in the g2 fires down to .007 and in the slice fires down to .000001 but in general no need to go so low. I've never needed to go that low. Only time I went below .1 was to test on the g2.

Never looked at specs. The owner of the shop asked me to try it on anything. I threw my Kennedy 25 with dual staple/framed fused claptons @ 0.07OHM and it fired perfectly. Was a no brainer for me.

Oh yes the HOHM Wrecker! Still on my list, missed the G2 special deal for $59! TC on Kanthal is a great idea and it will fire on anything for sure!

Funny thing is my first Alien worked through a few charges at 0.07 OHM (same set up) and I switched to a different addy (0.18OHM) and when I put the Kennedy back on it shows OHMS TOO LOW. The other Aliens do the same. My Koopor Primus 300 does this however if I switch to TC, choose a 215 preheat, it hits great.

I agree about DNA = premium EXCEPT the Lavabox 75. That is a piece of shit. I will probably pull the board and put it in a lipo box and give it the power it craves. A 75W mod should be able to vape at 75 until the battery is too low!

I have the Sig too and it's good for VW only. TC is just broke and its current limit is much lower than the Alien. Its an OK box if you can get it for $60 or so.

Them Bones

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I kinda want a cleito 120...how awesome is it?

It's pretty nice. Holds decent amount of juice, flavor is GREAT. I've been going through a lot of juice lately. Kind of nice though, since I just got a bunch of different juices that I've been trying. Love it so far.

The Cleito 120 is about the size of a HUGE bumblebee.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Never looked at specs. The owner of the shop asked me to try it on anything. I threw my Kennedy 25 with dual staple/framed fused claptons @ 0.07OHM and it fired perfectly. Was a no brainer for me.

Oh yes the HOHM Wrecker! Still on my list, missed the G2 special deal for $59! TC on Kanthal is a great idea and it will fire on anything for sure!

Funny thing is my first Alien worked through a few charges at 0.07 OHM (same set up) and I switched to a different addy (0.18OHM) and when I put the Kennedy back on it shows OHMS TOO LOW. The other Aliens do the same. My Koopor Primus 300 does this however if I switch to TC, choose a 215 preheat, it hits great.

I agree about DNA = premium EXCEPT the Lavabox 75. That is a piece of shit. I will probably pull the board and put it in a lipo box and give it the power it craves. A 75W mod should be able to vape at 75 until the battery is too low!

I have the Sig too and it's good for VW only. TC is just broke and its current limit is much lower than the Alien. Its an OK box if you can get it for $60 or so.
the G2 is still selling for 65 bucks on vaporcube with code G2FLASHX1

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've dropped my alien about 6 times now and there is only a few tiny scratches on one small section. and this was on cement! my alien is the silver version. it's pretty darn strong. If the firing bar falls off, I'm putting a 5.56 round through the mod!

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd like to get an alien. Liked it when it first hit the market but held off...I just saw a youtube about the stormtrooper. The guy claims it to be fake as Smok never made that combo, or the spiderman(blue/red). I was looking at either the green or purple anyhow(or both hehe)... So I was just at the Smok website and don't see any of the purple, green, stormtrooper, spidy, or even the gold body black trim. Can anyone shed some light on the colors, fakes(if any)?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'd like to get an alien. Liked it when it first hit the market but held off...I just saw a youtube about the stormtrooper. The guy claims it to be fake as Smok never made that combo, or the spiderman(blue/red). I was looking at either the green or purple anyhow(or both hehe)... So I was just at the Smok website and don't see any of the purple, green, stormtrooper, spidy, or even the gold body black trim. Can anyone shed some light on the colors, fakes(if any)?
They aren't fake. Smok and all ecig manufacturers suck at updating their site. Also the 3 special edition colors storm trooper superman and black/gold were vaporworld exclusive colors for a while but I seen a few places have them now

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So the youtuber is a chump for calling it a fake,,,,and making me look like an idiot and referring to the blue/red as spiderman when in fact it is superman lol...Thanks Sir, I had a feeling they were legit.
Now, the kit with the baby beast. Does it come with an rba. I think I did see that on the Smok site...Also, where are the purple and green to be had from. They are hard to find.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The kit doesn't include rba.

Baby beast in kit comes with q2 and x4 coils

Ok thanks. I'd rather have mod only anyhow if I can get the colors I want...Is rba sold separately?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So the youtuber is a chump for calling it a fake,,,,and making me look like an idiot and referring to the blue/red as spiderman when in fact it is superman lol...Thanks Sir, I had a feeling they were legit.
Now, the kit with the baby beast. Does it come with an rba. I think I did see that on the Smok site...Also, where are the purple and green to be had from. They are hard to find.
The one caviet to that is I don't know what the blue red is supposed to be. I just call it superman lol. The gold and white ones are for star wars IIRC. It's supposed to be stormtroopers and c3p0 colors

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do think the c3po is very nice looking, and you just can't get that one without getting the storm trooper also. It just wouldn't be right.:)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I do think the c3po is very nice looking, and you just can't get that one without getting the storm trooper also. It just wouldn't be right.:)
Yeah gold is really nice. I still might get one but I have the gold Marshall coming

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know today I just got the alien mod using my big baby on it and so far I love it
020d7539eeac0eb383cf862a14470330.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Marshall is a few different smok mods
New marshal is the marshal g320...yes...320W

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like Smok has stepped up there game. They have a few nice looking toys....Marshall is 320w. Whew, I'll pass.:eek:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Looks like Smok has stepped up there game. They have a few nice looking toys....Marshall is 320w. Whew, I'll pass.:eek:
Yeah they kicked ass in 2016. Huge turn around from 2015. I don't need the watts but the battery life is nice

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Holy cow, I was looking at the GX350. Very sweet looking mod. I might not need that kind of power...ever, but dayum it looks nice. And it's two batt capable like the 320. Sweetness!!!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Holy cow, I was looking at the GX350. Very sweet looking mod. I might not need that kind of power...ever, but dayum it looks nice. And it's two batt capable like the 320. Sweetness!!!
Yeah that's a nice looking kit as well. I was close to getting it but that means 8 more batteries coming in lol. I have no sets of 4. Only singles 2 and 3. And yeah you can use dual but that's kinda a waste

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
G150 looks nice also...Built in batt?
I don't think it's a waste really if all one needs is a two batt setup...But yes, if one were to go all out, two sets of four batts would be another 40 bucks to add on.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
G150 looks nice also...Built in batt?
I don't think it's a waste really if all one needs is a two batt setup...But yes, if one were to go all out, two sets of four batts would be another 40 bucks to add on.
Give or take yeah probably a bit more cause shipping.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep forgetting to ask this but my alien up and down buttons are reversed. the bottom right button is the up and the higher left button is down. is this normal? you would think the lower button is down and higher one would be up

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I keep forgetting to ask this but my alien up and down buttons are reversed. the bottom right button is the up and the higher left button is down. is this normal? you would think the lower button is down and higher one would be up
Same with all mine. I thought it was odd, too. I just figured the put the fire bar on the wrong side and had to tilt the screen the wrong way. Lol

Them Bones

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Mine is like that too... I think it's a little weird.

Something interesting happened yesterday. I didn't do anything different, and all of a sudden it's in "Temp Protection"... or something like that. I couldn't put it in TEMP mode, and it wouldn't fire above 110w. I could only go as high as 105w, otherwise it just wouldn't fire at all.

...fast forward to tonight... I kept getting the screen asking me if it was a new coil. I answered Y and N multiple times to no avail. Finally got it to fire, and then it just gave out.

I'm not sure if other mods are like this, but I think the Temp Protection was a way of either trying to prolong the life of the coil, or letting you know that you need a new coil. It's been a week of heavy vaping since I bought it, and I already changed the coil once with the coil that came in the Cleito 120 box. I'm figuring about 800 puffs per coil, based on my current total.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Mine is like that too... I think it's a little weird.

Something interesting happened yesterday. I didn't do anything different, and all of a sudden it's in "Temp Protection"... or something like that. I couldn't put it in TEMP mode, and it wouldn't fire above 110w. I could only go as high as 105w, otherwise it just wouldn't fire at all.

...fast forward to tonight... I kept getting the screen asking me if it was a new coil. I answered Y and N multiple times to no avail. Finally got it to fire, and then it just gave out.

I'm not sure if other mods are like this, but I think the Temp Protection was a way of either trying to prolong the life of the coil, or letting you know that you need a new coil. It's been a week of heavy vaping since I bought it, and I already changed the coil once with the coil that came in the Cleito 120 box. I'm figuring about 800 puffs per coil, based on my current total.
Clieto coils? Are they SS ones? If not then they aren't made for TC

Them Bones

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just wanted to share that I found my sweet spot with the Alien 220w and the Cleito 120. I had the working effect (Soft,Normal,Hard) on normal ever since I got it. The coil and tank would get quite hot, and sometimes I would have to let it cool down before I could hit it again. The coil I'm using is new, but I was getting quite a bit of juice spitting, the drip tip was getting a little too hot, and it was getting frustrating.

Last night I changed the setting to the Soft working effect, and it's so much better. No spitting at all. Every draw is smooth and just barely warm at 120w. I thought the Soft setting would be too weak, but it turns out that it's perfect for me. Not much of a difference in clouds or taste...maybe just a little less of both, if anything. Much more enjoyable.

One thing I'm kind of bummed about is that I can't upgrade to 1.2.2 because there's no driver for Apple/MAC.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh man I thought I broke my alien last night, because the center pin on the subzero rda is long and none adjustable. well it pushed in the 510 on th mod and wouldn't read any RDAs. so I took my spyderco knife and dug out the pin and got it to come out about 2mm, anyone have a photo of how long the pin is supposed to stick out?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
oh man I thought I broke my alien last night, because the center pin on the subzero rda is long and none adjustable. well it pushed in the 510 on th mod and wouldn't read any RDAs. so I took my spyderco knife and dug out the pin and got it to come out about 2mm, anyone have a photo of how long the pin is supposed to stick out?
I can't get a pic or measurement, but 2mm looks about right. Long as it isn't cock-eyed and it's still springy, I'd call it good. Up to you, though.

VU Sponsors