Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What batteries are you using? 20 amp batteries are capable of down to 0.21. But the voltage sag gets a bit much.

You are well within limits of good batteries

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I have a pair of each, Samsung C4 & older 20A discharge Efests I got before being aware Efest was a bit hinky. Also have another 20A discharge I'm going to assume is either Samsung or Sanyo which came with a radio. I do note though this morning I need to look over one of the genuine Samsung batteries, it appears discolored toward the top, under the wrap. Only noticed it just now.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, your nearly 0.5 ohm build is no challenge to a good battery - except for mass, which might give you a bit of a lag in heat-up.
But - you need to get a couple new good batteries!!
$5 these days...
I like these, or these, or these (I run 0.5 ohms too).

I have a pair of each, Samsung C4 & older 20A discharge Efests I got before being aware Efest was a bit hinky. Also have another 20A discharge I'm going to assume is either Samsung or Sanyo which came with a radio. I do note though this morning I need to look over one of the genuine Samsung batteries, it appears discolored toward the top, under the wrap. Only noticed it just now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, your nearly 0.5 ohm build is no challenge to a good battery - except for mass, which might give you a bit of a lag in heat-up.
But - you need to get a couple new good batteries!!
$5 these days...
I like these, or these, or these (I run 0.5 ohms too).

Yep, need more batteries for sure it does seem. :) I might get these you mention here or some Samsung off of IMR again. Here are the ones I got last time. The discoloring bothered me a touch on the one. I carefully unwrapped it. It appears there's no real issue with battery per say, and yes IMR sells genuine batteries. :) It seems the battery wrap drew moisture, and that does make sense with all the rain we've been getting. I have wraps included from IMR. I'll rewrap this one.

ETA: Haha! Inst-o-matic heat gun also known as hand held hair dryer, take that you silly melty battery wrap papper!

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most Levis; most light bulbs; almost every TV; most American flags; Black & Decker; most Mattel/Fisher-Price/Disney; iPad, iPhone; Dell; IBM...

I'm not against buying American products - I'm just sayin' - it can be difficult...
I read the box and if it says China, I put it back. You will see how many things are made in the USA if you start reading the package.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With all the electronics we use today, I wonder how long companies would stay in business paying unionized assembly line workers $35 an hour.

Look! BestBuy has the ACME 65" tv on sale for $8500... :giggle:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to admire your patriotic sentiments. But if every person buys only from his/her country, there wouldn't be international trade or a global economy or economic relations between countries..the whole world will be nothing but a set of isolated economies.
Well every dollar I spend here, gives an American a job and puts money in his pocket....

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I read the box and if it says China, I put it back. You will see how many things are made in the USA if you start reading the package.

thing is...even things that are "made in America" are often not really, just assembled here. They only have to follow a rule about a certain percentage of the assembly being done here to print made in America on it.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finished up a custom Nuppin Cap to compliment the Ultem mod today :) Went for a 22mm design this round and I think it came out pretty good proportion wise. I now consider this mod/atty combo done :D

i07c23z21wc1hnr6g.jpg

3yhy2mianfnvnac6g.jpg

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it's a very complicated issue really, especially if you take a global perspective...all countries have a right to protect their jobs and their labor force..I know that my country would be better off if our population buys only stuff produced within the country..but can it be done? at what cost? and for how long will we be able to afford it?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it's a very complicated issue really, especially if you take a global perspective...all countries have a right to protect their jobs and their labor force..I know that my country would be better off if our population buys only stuff produced within the country..but can it be done? at what cost? and for how long will we be able to afford it?

Some here do comprehend being part of the world as a whole. There is as you point out a lot of complications involved. It is my opinion or thought the whole world needs to do away with the myth of scarcity, the idea of masters and slaves. I might go so far as to suggest we do away with personal property as well. We use things while we exist here, if we're not existing here at the moment or not using a thing what matter then if someone else uses it?

Although I am a bit hesitant suggesting that due the idea of jealousy, coveting, and ultimately greed. I think greed is born of fear, a fear someone else has enjoyment of life, a fear you will lose some thing or some one. That fear then drives one to declare in loud cry as the fence is wound around something or around land, "mine!" These are primal aspects of human emotion, I hesitate saying human nature. Not sure it genuinely ever was as it's proven hate needs to be taught.

Ah but alas I speak beyond myself, excuse me to digress. Need to remind myself I am but a humble rural living peasant what knows less and less day by day as they forget more and more in an effort of gratitude to the cosmos simply for life. :) You can enshrine it all in politics, religion, money, nationalism, fascism, idealism, [anyIsm] what have you I'm sure, i choose to keep it simple and basic at human level. Why cloud the base issues? (Last few sentences and inquiry a bit rhetorical, as food for thought perhaps.) Excuse me now, going to ponder tomorrow's laundry and fun out with my dogs. :)

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some here do comprehend being part of the world as a whole. There is as you point out a lot of complications involved. It is my opinion or thought the whole world needs to do away with the myth of scarcity, the idea of masters and slaves. I might go so far as to suggest we do away with personal property as well. We use things while we exist here, if we're not existing here at the moment or not using a thing what matter then if someone else uses it?

Although I am a bit hesitant suggesting that due the idea of jealousy, coveting, and ultimately greed. I think greed is born of fear, a fear someone else has enjoyment of life, a fear you will lose some thing or some one. That fear then drives one to declare in loud cry as the fence is wound around something or around land, "mine!" These are primal aspects of human emotion, I hesitate saying human nature. Not sure it genuinely ever was as it's proven hate needs to be taught.

Ah but alas I speak beyond myself, excuse me to digress. Need to remind myself I am but a humble rural living peasant what knows less and less day by day as they forget more and more in an effort of gratitude to the cosmos simply for life. :) You can enshrine it all in politics, religion, money, nationalism, fascism, idealism, [anyIsm] what have you I'm sure, i choose to keep it simple and basic at human level. Why cloud the base issues? (Last few sentences and inquiry a bit rhetorical, as food for thought perhaps.) Excuse me now, going to ponder tomorrow's laundry and fun out with my dogs. :)

The world would be a much better place with more humble rural living peasants who think like you my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I might go so far as to suggest we do away with personal property as well. We use things while we exist here, if we're not existing here at the moment or not using a thing what matter then if someone else uses it?
So you wouldn't mind if I pick up and take a big slobbery drag off your vape if you don't happen to be using it at the moment?

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haven't been able to put it down - might need a few more of these some day soon :D

I haven't put them down since I got my first one, I haven't really felt the need for anything else, they make such a perfect package!
A friend gave me a stumpy :confetti:

so i made her an orca mech, to balance my karma

kinda dodgy, but it his hard with a soft throw

jZzyqOB.jpg

mgTyCfl.jpg

4CysjUU.jpg

Looking good!
One of my finished orcas just landed in Sydney yesterday, I'm all up on your continent, @DogMan!

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just thinking that I can't remember the last time I took one of my regular mods with a tank to the office. I looked back and I got my first squonk setup at the beginning of March (Sonar mod and Coppervape). I've been squonking exclusively since then and not even looked at any of my tanks except an occasional indoor hit from my Kayfun lite clone. It's so nice not to worry about wicking for a tank trying to get the damn things to feed right and taste right at the same time.

Squonking is the bees knees. :banana:

Chris

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't put them down since I got my first one, I haven't really felt the need for anything else, they make such a perfect package!

Looking good!
One of my finished orcas just landed in Sydney yesterday, I'm all up on your continent, @DogMan!

they are hard hitters

not sure how much my material choice and method played into that. But i was expecting similar to the gdeal peko, performs more like a li'l pinch

i used pure silver, not sterling. Contact points were broad, but i think becu copper may have been better... more springy for minimal conductivity loss

i didn't supply a bottle, just a link to the 6ml square bottles [only $1.28 aud] I had hoped to get a SS in there

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
they are hard hitters

not sure how much my material choice and method played into that. But i was expecting similar to the gdeal peko, performs more like a li'l pinch

i used pure silver, not sterling. Contact points were broad, but i think becu copper may have been better... more springy for minimal conductivity loss

i didn't supply a bottle, just a link to the 6ml square bottles [only $1.28 aud] I had hoped to get a SS in there

Surface area does make a difference in contacts, and they definitely hit hard, even with copper.
If you take about 10-11mm off the bottom of the Varitube feed pin a supersoft will fit snugly inside!

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There's two considerations: Conductivity of the material, and how it behaves at the contacts (including the transitions that don't make/break all the time). Depending on the cross-sectional area, the latter may be more important than the former.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's two considerations: Conductivity of the material, and how it behaves at the contacts (including the transitions that don't make/break all the time). Depending on the cross-sectional area, the latter may be more important than the former.
Had pretty much a 1cm(2/5") flat. So guessing you are right about that.

Hopefully low maintenance, since there's so little space to get in there.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you wouldn't mind if I pick up and take a big slobbery drag off your vape if you don't happen to be using it at the moment?

Actually, i probably would not mind. There's always bleach to disinfect drip tips if I was genuinely concerned about any bodily fluid passed virus, bacteria. Let bleach stand ten minutes to air dry on surfaces and it kills H.I.V, or at least so I was taught back in the early 1990s while running rescue squad calls. And it was taught by someone quite sharp in knowing about such things, had no doubt regarding what they taught. So, guess I'd not mind, I'm sure you would put it back, if not I could go get another. :)

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Peerless arrived in vape mail today, I like it. :vapemail:

Peerless.jpg

I might actually move it over to the CoV Wraith and get a Mulciber for the Inbox. I am really liking the look of the Mulciber, single coil setup that kind of resembles my old Sat22. :)

ETA:
And then I looked at the $30USD shipping gouge to Canada from Tiberian Vapor... I'll wait for the clone.

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally got my hadaly in today. OMG the flavor is dreamy in that rda. My favorite rda for sure. I've got a question about it. Does anybody have a problem with the leads on the coil coming out when you push on them even a little bit?

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I finally got my hadaly in today. OMG the flavor is dreamy in that rda. My favorite rda for sure. I've got a question about it. Does anybody have a problem with the leads on the coil coming out when you push on them even a little bit?

Heard a lot about that with the SXK clone in particular, but not on the authentic or ShenRay clone.

But that is just from reading the threads here, lol

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heard a lot about that with the SXK clone in particular, but not on the authentic or ShenRay clone.

But that is just from reading the threads here, lol
Mine is the shenray clone but I'm using twisted wire which might be the cause. I can literally move the coil and the leads will pop out :(

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had it happen (I have 1, authentic) - but I saw a post where someone said flipping the little clamp-thingies (that's a technical term) upside down seemed to solve it.

Mine is the shenray clone but I'm using twisted wire which might be the cause. I can literally move the coil and the leads will pop out :(

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had it happen (I have 1, authentic) - but I saw a post where someone said flipping the little clamp-thingies (that's a technical term) upside down seemed to solve it.
Thank you. I'll give that a shot. I'm gonna have to buy an authentic! I'm like gushing about how good the flavor is!

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If anyone is interested in a V1 Dripbox or a 'wood' panelled VT Inbox before I post in the Hardware forum please let me know. Will likely also let go 2 O-Atty clones with the mods if interested.

Wanted to post about the squonky stuff here before I make an epic garage sale post.

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I took a page from @Train 's coil for Hadaly book. I had a six wraps 2.5 mm ID twisted fused clapton 28gx2/40g SS wire and it was great. Out of curiosity and because more experienced squonker's opinion, I replaced it with a six wraps 3.0 mm ID 26g (sorry, no 24g) square SS spaced coil. Vaping is believing, this thing is beyond great now! Thank you @Train.
This is causing a bit of a problem for me, because I have more rda's I like than the mods to use them with. I know, The solution is buying more mods, but vaping funds are a bit on the side of lean right now. I have a Frankenclone on its way, hopefully it will get here sometime this decade.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What do you think is close to the hadaly?

For my low key style of vaping (strictly my opinion, and we all know about those, lol) the Nuppin beats it on a double coil for flavor - but Nuppin is 18mm, the Hadaly 22mm

Keep in mind I vape on the cool side and rarely go below .6 ohms

But there is something very juicy about the flavor on the Hadaly I can't get with most other atties in my possession

It definitely nudged the Stumpy down a notch, which was very, very hard to do :giggle:

The other thing I like is that the teeny drip tip doesn't become hellaciously hot - that surprised me. Didn't get one for a long time because it looked like a lip-blister deluxe - an incorrect assumption.

Just my 2 cents, being as you asked

Last edited:

VU Sponsors