Become a Patron!

Subtank mini cough!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Kiicki

Hello my friend, it's been a long time since I sent you a response so I thought I would give it a go. From the sounds of what you and everyone is saying you either aren't acustomed to the high amount of vapor you're getting from the subtank or you're somehow letting your wicks get too dry and it's scortching but not burning the cotton and that would irritate your throat as well...

As the others have said I would trying running your DIY mixes through the Nautilus Mini since you're more used to that and see if they still bother you and make you cough. When I first started vaping I coughed for a couple months as my body was trying to expel all the tar and gunk in my lungs from smoking for 18 years and I still cough dripping once in awhile after a couple high wattage vapes when I feel like cloud chasing and vape at higher wattages than i normally do. It's ok to cough once in a while from vaping but if it's giving you a chronic cough with one tank and not the other then I would stick to the tank that works for you. Vaping is a very personal thing, its about what you like and not what everyone else likes and thinks you should like too.

I know it's exspensive, but if you can't get VG from a farm or feed store like suggested I would definitely get one of those super expensive 100 ml for 7 dollar bottles of VG and see if that makes you cough. It is rare, but you might have gotten a bad bottle of stock from where you got your PG and VG...it's been known to happen from time to time with different vendors, although this would be the first Nic free case of it I've ever heard of I wouldn't rule it out till you have another sorce of PG and VG to compare it to.

Don't give up, sometimes it costs a little money to find the vape that is right for you...I spent hundreds of dollars the first six months, well, actually thousands of dollars the first six months I was vaping because new products were coming out so fast it would make your head spin....and that was when the Protank 1 was a brand new thing and bottom coil tanks were just being thought of and RDA's weren't really common and most of them were a horrible pain in the ass to rebuild and it's a wonder we ever stuck with it and got out of the vaping "dark ages" and "middle ages" where I started but we did and we now have all of this wonderful vape gear that is light years ahead and better than anything we had back then...I simply refuse to believe that there isn't a vape out there that will not be anything but perfect for you. Just relax a little and know that sometimes these things happen, I know it sucks, but with a little patience we can get this situation resolved and you back to vaping happy soon. Stressing about it just makes it worse and doesn't do anything to help but just the opposite.

I hope this post helps and puts you at ease a little about your worries my friend...I know it sucks but get a couple little bottles and mix up some new DIY and try the Nautilus again and see how that works...if you stop coughing then get another Nautilus and problem solved :)

Good luck my friend, good luck :)
Hi, again!

Before I start, I have 3 options where I can buy my PG/VG.

1. From a Norwegian store (126 dollars for 1L PG and 1L VG)
Shipping doesn't costs much and it gets here fast. Quality PG/VG
This is from the store where I plan to buy the 100ml PG/VG

2. from a American site that is recommened by you guys.
PG/VG is cheap but the shipping costs around 70 dollars.
The PG/VG I guess is quality since many people recommend this sites.

3. From Ebay where I bought my PG/VG.
The PG/VG was cheap, and the shipping wasn't to bad.
1L PG and 1L VG costed me 47 dollars included shpping.
but I can't vape it for some reason.

This is why I bought from E-bay since it was way cheaper and it was recommended.

I will buy 100ml each from the Norwegian store, just too see if I still cough.
If It's great, I will buy from a american store, and pay for the shipping, since an american store actually still would be cheaper then the Norwegian store.
And the quality is great from the american and the Norwegian store.

I won't buy from the american site first, since the shipping will take maybe 2 weeks before I get it, and with the Norwegian store it will take 2 days.

The PG/VG I got now, I cannot get used to it, and I'm 99% sure I never will.
It isn't any strong, I just cough. Even with 100% VG. This simply never happened to me before, so I'm sure that I will not get used to it, even if it takes 1 week - 1 month.

My sister bought a already made E-juice with 24mg nicotine. That one is strong, but I don't cough from it? So I don't think I have to get used to it.

I just think that the PG/VG from E-bay wasn't any good.
I will report back when I get the PG/VG from the Norwegian store. Maybe I can help other Europeans so they do the same mistake as me. Don't go for the cheapest think, since they are just not any good.

Also note.
the people from the Norwegian store says that the PG/VG is premium quality and that's why it soo expensive. I don't know the difference between premium and normal.
Anyone?

EDIT:
I ordered 100ml PG and 100ml VG from the Norwegian store. Will recieve it in 2 days.
Will report back. I'm sure this will work!

One more thing. madmonkey where do you buy your PG/VG from, and also could you recommend other sites?

What I know is that
myfreedomsmokes.com
vaperstek.org

is recommended sites. They do ship to Norway and it costs 78 dollars - 90 dollars included shipping (1 liter VG and 1 liter PG)

Other site I know is good I think is:
ecigexpress.com

It costs me 94.88 dollars with shipping (1 liter VG 1 liter PG)
I know the prices are way too high, but the shipping costs so much.

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi, again!

Before I start, I have 3 options where I can buy my PG/VG.

1. From a Norwegian store (126 dollars for 1L PG and 1L VG)
Shipping doesn't costs much and it gets here fast. Quality PG/VG
This is from the store where I plan to buy the 100ml PG/VG

2. from a American site that is recommened by you guys.
PG/VG is cheap but the shipping costs around 70 dollars.
The PG/VG I guess is quality since many people recommend this sites.

3. From Ebay where I bought my PG/VG.
The PG/VG was cheap, and the shipping wasn't to bad.
1L PG and 1L VG costed me 47 dollars included shpping.
but I can't vape it for some reason.

This is why I bought from E-bay since it was way cheaper and it was recommended.

I will buy 100ml each from the Norwegian store, just too see if I still cough.
If It's great, I will buy from a american store, and pay for the shipping, since an american store actually still would be cheaper then the Norwegian store.
And the quality is great from the american and the Norwegian store.

I won't buy from the american site first, since the shipping will take maybe 2 weeks before I get it, and with the Norwegian store it will take 2 days.

The PG/VG I got now, I cannot get used to it, and I'm 99% sure I never will.
It isn't any strong, I just cough. Even with 100% VG. This simply never happened to me before, so I'm sure that I will not get used to it, even if it takes 1 week - 1 month.

My sister bought a already made E-juice with 24mg nicotine. That one is strong, but I don't cough from it? So I don't think I have to get used to it.

I just think that the PG/VG from E-bay wasn't any good.
I will report back when I get the PG/VG from the Norwegian store. Maybe I can help other Europeans so they do the same mistake as me. Don't go for the cheapest think, since they are just not any good.

Also note.
the people from the Norwegian store says that the PG/VG is premium quality and that's why it soo expensive. I don't know the difference between premium and normal.
Anyone?

EDIT:
I ordered 100ml PG and 100ml VG from the Norwegian store. Will recieve it in 2 days.
Will report back. I'm sure this will work!

One more thing. madmonkey where do you buy your PG/VG from, and also could you recommend other sites?

What I know is that
myfreedomsmokes.com
vaperstek.org

is recommended sites. They do ship to Norway and it costs 78 dollars - 90 dollars included shipping (1 liter VG and 1 liter PG)

Other site I know is good I think is:
ecigexpress.com

It costs me 94.88 dollars with shipping (1 liter VG 1 liter PG)
I know the prices are way too high, but the shipping costs so much.

I understand all of that from the previous posts you and the others made in this thread...again I will say that I think your best option is just to buy the smallest bottles possible from your stores locally in Norway...as someone who has lived in Europe and in Switzerland especially I can understand how much more expensive some things can be over there compared to here in the states. That's why I said to get the smallest possible sizes first...that way you can test and make sure it is the liquids making you cough and not just the volume and temperature of the vapor produced by a sub ohm tank. I would also try and run the current liquids you have one last time through a Nautilus tank since you liked that and it didn't make you cough.

Since your sister's DIY liquids, despite having high levels of nic in them, don't make you cough I am thinking more and more you got a bad batch of liquid which can happen from time to time, but I would never buy it from ebay again. The only thing I would by from ebay is small stuff like clone RDA's or chuff type caps and drip tips and repair kits, at least till you've been vaping long enough to know what you're looking at and make a better informed decision....ebay is kind of like a virtual swap meet when it comes to vaping supplies and just like at a real swap meet, if the deal looks too good to be true than it probably is. I am sorry you're having these problems...it seems like one thing after another for you...but each time with each thing we've found a solution and an answer to your question and we will again with this. have a good day friend and talk again soon.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I understand all of that from the previous posts you and the others made in this thread...again I will say that I think your best option is just to buy the smallest bottles possible from your stores locally in Norway...as someone who has lived in Europe and in Switzerland especially I can understand how much more expensive some things can be over there compared to here in the states. That's why I said to get the smallest possible sizes first...that way you can test and make sure it is the liquids making you cough and not just the volume and temperature of the vapor produced by a sub ohm tank. I would also try and run the current liquids you have one last time through a Nautilus tank since you liked that and it didn't make you cough.

Since your sister's DIY liquids, despite having high levels of nic in them, don't make you cough I am thinking more and more you got a bad batch of liquid which can happen from time to time, but I would never buy it from ebay again. The only thing I would by from ebay is small stuff like clone RDA's or chuff type caps and drip tips and repair kits, at least till you've been vaping long enough to know what you're looking at and make a better informed decision....ebay is kind of like a virtual swap meet when it comes to vaping supplies and just like at a real swap meet, if the deal looks too good to be true than it probably is. I am sorry you're having these problems...it seems like one thing after another for you...but each time with each thing we've found a solution and an answer to your question and we will again with this. have a good day friend and talk again soon.
Yes, I will buy in small amounts of PG/VG too see if it will help be too buy from someone else. If it works, I definitely will buy from either the Norwegian store, or a american store.

I have had many problems since I started to make E-juice, and the reason could be simply that the PG/VG is bad.
I first thought that the aroma was bad. I bought 3x10ml aroma from a swedish site. I coughed and thought that was the problem. So I ordered 3x10ml aroma from the Norwegian site. it still happens, so it's probably the PG/VG

I did try the Nautilus mini again with 80/20 PG VG ,also 50/50 and 80/20 VG PG. Nothing worked, so I just have to wait for the new PG/VG to arrive.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I can confirm that the PG/VG I bought from E-bay was not good. I recieved a new PG/VG from E-trekk.no
I don't cough anymore. I tried PG 80/20 VG with a Subtank mini at 15W-20W
All airflows has been tested. I can finally vape now!
I just need to steep it know to get the best flavor. I tested it without flavor, just to see if the PG/VG works. If I have any issues with adding flavor I will post it here. If I don't post anything, it means it works with flavor also.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I can confirm that the PG/VG I bought from E-bay was not good. I recieved a new PG/VG from E-trekk.no
I don't cough anymore. I tried PG 80/20 VG with a Subtank mini at 15W-20W
All airflows has been tested. I can finally vape now!
I just need to steep it know to get the best flavor. I tested it without flavor, just to see if the PG/VG works. If I have any issues with adding flavor I will post it here. If I don't post anything, it means it works with flavor also.

Thats great news. Good luck with your flavors.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Do you know how often I should prime the coil? I primed the Subtank mini coil pretty good, but I hear popping.
I only prime it when its brand new.
Popping could be too much juice
If you are getting dry hits aka burnt hits. Then the juice is not wicking fast enough.
if that is the case take a pin and put it into the wick through both openinds and try again. That usually works well enough for me when I have wicking issues and get the dry/burned hits

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I only prime it when its brand new.
Popping could be too much juice
If you are getting dry hits aka burnt hits. Then the juice is not wicking fast enough.
if that is the case take a pin and put it into the wick through both openinds and try again. That usually works well enough for me when I have wicking issues and get the dry/burned hits
I use 5% of raspberries flavor. I actually do cough sometimes. The first 5 hits I always cough a bit. I feel like I taste the flavor.
After some hits, it's all good. Not coughing and not tasting the flavor that much. It's weird. If I don't use it in 20 minutes I will always cough the first hits I do.

It's still 1000x better then the PG/VG I had before. I could never vape from that. This one I have now works perfect after I have taken maybe 5 hits.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
it sounds to me you rare still adjusting to sub ohming. I had similar experiences as I made the switch.

my question is those first 5 hits when you do cough, is there any burnt taste?

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it sounds to me you rare still adjusting to sub ohming. I had similar experiences as I made the switch.

my question is those first 5 hits when you do cough, is there any burnt taste?
No, actually the throat is tickling a little for some reason. I just cough, and I don't know why. It happens only the first hits after it has been sitting for a while.
I have some more juices I made with different tastes. Maybe that could be the problem. Also maybe I have PG or VG allergy. Even though I'm pretty sure I don't have PG allergy. I don't know if VG allergy is a thing.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, actually the throat is tickling a little for some reason. I just cough, and I don't know why. It happens only the first hits after it has been sitting for a while.
I have some more juices I made with different tastes. Maybe that could be the problem. Also maybe I have PG or VG allergy. Even though I'm pretty sure I don't have PG allergy. I don't know if VG allergy is a thing.

VG can be heavy on the lungs for some people. I have phases when high VG makes me wheezy, and I can't vape it without coughing!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

I get that exact same feeling every morning when i take the first hit. Then i fine after that all day

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get that exact same feeling every morning when i take the first hit. Then i fine after that all day
Except I get it every time I leave the mod for 20 minutes : /
I changed the coil and used 100% VG. I cough. I primed the coil with 100 % VG also.
There was no popping sound and I still cough. I removed the VG and added 100% PG.
i still used the same coil that I primed with the VG. I don't cough anymore. Just sometimes, but I guess it's because the coil is primed with VG.

Do I have any reaction to VG? Is that normal?
Can I use 100% PG or can I add something else then VG?

If not, perhaps I can mix a PG 90/10 VG or something

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really getting confused know. After I change the coil and primed it, and used 100% VG it worked. I tried 100% PG with same coil and everything is good.
I then used my old juice that I was coughing from and know that was also worked. Maybe I had a bad coil, or I didn't prime it good enough.
I don't know, but it's much better know. I do cough sometimes. Not when I drag the vape in, Just few seconds after when I have blown it out.
Just too clear my throat.

Would you guys recommend it too prime the coil really heavy? I mean does it matter if I use to much juice when priming then coil?
After I prime the coil, I usually blow in the middle of the coil so the juice get outs again. So I don't get juice in the air flow in the tank.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The wick has to be completely saturated before you fire it or else the cotton can burn in less then a second

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The wick has to be completely saturated before you fire it or else the cotton can burn in less then a second
So more is better. how long will the cotton be wett? Or should priming it 1 time be enough?

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i only prime my coil one time when its brand new
I have been vaping for a while now, and I still coughing. My throat sometimes close up. It's like something thick is in my throat. Is that the PG or VG? Do I have a allergic reaction to something? It closes up when I blow the smoke out. It's weird.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From reading what you wrote 24mg nicotine will make you cough! you need to lower the nic mg. 3 to 6 mg is plenty for sub-ohm. I mistook a bottle of 16 and coughed my head off never do that again.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if you're having a reaction or not but it's usually PG that people are sensitive to if they have a reaction

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's also very common for people to have trouble with VG (not an allergy) in that the heaviness can make you cough, sit in your chest, cause wheezing etc. That is usually not an issue with 50/50 and is more commonly seen with higher VG juice.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's also very common for people to have trouble with VG (not an allergy) in that the heaviness can make you cough, sit in your chest, cause wheezing etc. That is usually not an issue with 50/50 and is more commonly seen with higher VG juice.
I also think it's the VG. When I only tried VG a week ago, I had more hard time with that, then the PG. I'm pretty sure I don't have any PG allergy since the juice I vape on long time ago was PG 80/20 VG.

This night when I was sleeping, I was coughing so much I had hard time to sleep. Maybe I have a VG allergy, or I can't handle that much VG.

I currently use a juice with PG 60/40 VG. Maybe I need to try PG 80/20 VG again and get used to it.

I'm pretty sure that even how much or how long I vape now, the VG is not good for me. I can just feel it. Throat is closing up sometimes. Like something really thick is in my throat. Or maybe I mixed it pretty bad, so all the VG is at the top or something.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know if you're having a reaction or not but it's usually PG that people are sensitive to if they have a reaction
Yes, I have heard of that, but I used to vape 80% PG without any problems

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From reading what you wrote 24mg nicotine will make you cough! you need to lower the nic mg. 3 to 6 mg is plenty for sub-ohm. I mistook a bottle of 16 and coughed my head off never do that again.
I don't use any nicotine. That is my sister. I have actually better vaping experience when using her E-juice then mine. Her E-juice is strong though. because of the nicotine. Mine is just thick I think. When blowing the smoke out, my thoat closes up sometimes. Sometimes the vape is good, but often not good at all.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like it's the VG. I have periods when it makes me feel almost as if I have bronchitis, and then - strangely enough - times I can vape it fine (several months apart). I wouldn't call it an allergy, but it's definitely thick and syrupy, and my lungs can't always handle it.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like it's the VG. I have periods when it makes me feel almost as if I have bronchitis, and then - strangely enough - times I can vape it fine (several months apart). I wouldn't call it an allergy, but it's definitely thick and syrupy, and my lungs can't always handle it.
Stupid of me to use almost all of my PG to make the E-juice. I made 5 bottles with 30ml.
Also I did prime my coil with 100% VG because at the time I thought the PG was the problem. Maybe I should try to make a juice with 100% PG. Is it possible to use something else the VG if 100% PG is to strong?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you just try 50/50? That usually works for me when I have this problem. There's really nothing else you can use to substitute for VG. The PG will be pretty thin at 100%, but it should work (although I'm not sure you'll like it). You might try 50/50, then just go down a bit each time until you find the VG you can tolerate. It might end up being 70 or 80 PG - unlikely you'll need 100%.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you just try 50/50? That usually works for me when I have this problem. There's really nothing else you can use to substitute for VG. The PG will be pretty thin at 100%, but it should work (although I'm not sure you'll like it). You might try 50/50, then just go down a bit each time until you find the VG you can tolerate. It might end up being 70 or 80 PG - unlikely you'll need 100%.
I already use PG 60/40 VG so using more VG won't help. Sorry if I got it wrong before.
But if the VG is the problem for me I should try PG 70/30 VG or PG 80/20 VG

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sure! First, try vaping PG alone (don't put anything in it).
I should have read your comment better. I used 100% PG with 3% flavor. It's much better. I don't get the thick smoke, and my throat doesn't close up But I still cough. I start too think that I can't handle to much VG. Also maybe there's something in the flavor I also can't handle. My sister is also coughing from it. So maybe she also get a reaction from it, or there is something wrong with my Subtank mini. Air flow is wide open. 10-15 watts I use. primed the coil (Used same coil from PG 80/20 VG)

Changing the coil would be waste. I don't think if some VG on it would change the difference. If I only had some friends that vaped, they could comfirn if it is good or not. Since my sister coughs also from it, maybe both of us have a allergic reaction too what's in the flavor.

Only thing I know is that I used PG 80/20 VG when I started vaping from Hangsen, and I never had problems with it.
I also bought quality VG and PG. Flavor from the same people.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The subtanks made me cough when I started using them. They are way more powerful and give you much more 'oomph' than, say, a Nautilus. I'm betting you wouldn't cough on a less powerful tank!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The subtanks made me cough when I started using them. They are way more powerful and give you much more 'oomph' than, say, a Nautilus. I'm betting you wouldn't cough on a less powerful tank!
Will reply tomorrow. I do have a Nautilus mini, and I will try on it. Probs too the people that can vape on a Subtank mini.

Would you say that the Nautilus mini is a strong tank? Should I vape on the widest air flow?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nautilus is very gentle. The widest airflow doesn't give much - try it on all of them and see which works for you!

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The nautilus is very gentle. The widest airflow doesn't give much - try it on all of them and see which works for you!
I tried the Nautilus mini and the Subtank mini now. I cleaned them both, changed coil, and primed it. I made a E-juice with PG 80/20 VG, without nicotine and flavor. I don't cough from the Nautilus mini, But I do cough from the Subtank mini. I don't know if I need to get used to with the Subtank or if it's just to much vapor production.

I guess my sister needs to buy a new tank since we only got one Nautilus mini. the reason I don't have any flavor is to see if there was something wrong with the PG/VG. I'm glad it works with the Nautilus mini. Still a mistery why the Subtank mini still doesn't work for me. Does it take that much time to get used to it? I used the same E-juice on both the tanks.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes - I have to half my nicotine level in the subtank. But even with no nicotine, you get a lot more 'poof' from the subtank! Also the airflow is much more, which has a lot to do with it - but I've found on the lowest setting it can eventually leak with mouth to lung hits.

You'll probably get used to it. I coughed like crazy for the first few months using the subtank - now I don't.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes - I have to half my nicotine level in the subtank. But even with no nicotine, you get a lot more 'poof' from the subtank! Also the airflow is much more, which has a lot to do with it - but I've found on the lowest setting it can eventually leak with mouth to lung hits.

You'll probably get used to it. I coughed like crazy for the first few months using the subtank - now I don't.
probs to the people that vape on a Subtank. Atleast everything is good now. I will buy another Nautilus mini, so my sister also can vape, and the Subtank will be just laying around until I'm ready for it.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I need help with one last thing. In Norway it's not legal to buy nicotine from outside Europe. So I need t buy from a store or website in Europe.
Also I can only buy up to 3 months of use, and if the package gets stopped, I need to get a prescription from a doctor.

So for me 360ml E-juice holds for 3 months. I plan to use 3mg nicotine in my e-juice, and that is only 15ml of nicotine.
So 15 ml nicotine is 3 months of use.

Do you know about any EU website that offer 15 ml nicotine? I could cheat a bit and say to my doctor that I plan to use 10mg nicotine strengh and not 3mg in my E-juice so I can buy 50 ml Nicotine and not only 15ml.

I use around 4ml E-juice everyday, and if we say 3 months is 90 days, then I use 360ml E-juice in 3 months.

This is the setup, let me know if I did a mistake. I will post a link under.

http://puu.sh/jfXXr/544d950f9f.png

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, I have no idea where you can buy nicotine in Europe. But your figures look right - although you could always say you vape 18mg or 24mg and be able to order a larger amount ( those mg strengths are quite common for new vapers)! Also you could say you vape far more than 4ml - for instance, I vape around 30ml/day :)

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry, I have no idea where you can buy nicotine in Europe. But your figures look right - although you could always say you vape 18mg or 24mg and be able to order a larger amount ( those mg strengths are quite common for new vapers)! Also you could say you vape far more than 4ml - for instance, I vape around 30ml/day :)
30ml a day? I change my Nautilus mini tank 2 times during a day, and I thought I vaped often.
Do have any advice how I should mix the E-juice when using nicotine? I prefer PG 80/20 VG without nocitne. I don't know if I should add more VG since nicotine could be to strong. Also would you recommend to increase the nicotine level? I'ts for my sister, and she smokes around a pack a day.
I found a store that sells nicotine. they only sell 50ml and 100ml bottles, but I could just by multiple bottles. She is going to use a Nautilus mini. The subtank not be used since it produces to much vapor.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started vaping just 2-2.5 weeks ago. I recently purchased an istick 30w with kanger sub nano. The hits were MUCH harsher than i was used to. I am away from home and purchased juice to tide me over til i could get home to purchase my every day juice as nobody carries my brand here. I purchased 18mg and it hit like king kong! I couldn't stop coughing...every darn time i'd vape. Went to another vape store and the fella suggested i lower the nic. I did and dropped from 18mg to 12mg. Much better. Also, have been experimenting with air flow vs wattage. Mouth to lung vs. lung hits. The higher the watts and lower the air flow, the hotter and tougher the hit. I found that playing with the air flow can help reduce the harshness of the throat hit and coughing. Yes sub ohm vaping is very different from what i was used to but...its all relative. Unfortunately trial and error equals more cost. I have read this whole forum and the person that said vaping was a personal experience was spot on!

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438101003719.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438101003719.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 13

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I started vaping just 2-2.5 weeks ago. I recently purchased an istick 30w with kanger sub nano. The hits were MUCH harsher than i was used to. I am away from home and purchased juice to tide me over til i could get home to purchase my every day juice as nobody carries my brand here. I purchased 18mg and it hit like king kong! I couldn't stop coughing...every darn time i'd vape. Went to another vape store and the fella suggested i lower the nic. I did and dropped from 18mg to 12mg. Much better. Also, have been experimenting with air flow vs wattage. Mouth to lung vs. lung hits. The higher the watts and lower the air flow, the hotter and tougher the hit. I found that playing with the air flow can help reduce the harshness of the throat hit and coughing. Yes sub ohm vaping is very different from what i was used to but...its all relative. Unfortunately trial and error equals more cost. I have read this whole forum and the person that said vaping was a personal experience was spot on!

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2
Yes, same thing happened to me, when my sister bought a E-juice with 24mg nicotine (PG 80/20 VG)
First time I used it, I was using a Subtank mini. I didn't know that it could be that strong. My longs were burning, and I felt it all the way to the back.
I will probably try max 12mg nicotine level. I'm going to use a Nautilus mini though, so it won't be as strong as a Subtank.
I had some really problems with vaping, and was using a Subtank mini. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I switched to the Nautilus mini after weeks, and the coughing was gone. Didn't know that a Subtank and a Nautilus would perform so extremly different.

Yes, vaping is a personal experience. I think I have wasted over 30 ml flavor, and 1 liter PG/VG just to figure out what suits me. But it pays of.
I did try every airflow possible with the Subtank when I was using 24mg nicotine level. lowered the Watt, but it didn't feel right. I wouldn't recommend a Subtank to anyone who uses really high nicotine level. The Nautilus mini feels perfect for me.

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How much flavor do you usually use in your E-juice?
I use 3%, since i thought I was coughing because of the flavor but I don't, so I could add some more.
I don't taste the flavor that well, and I should add more. I have the flavor vanilla classic now. Should I use 5, 10, 15 %?
Is it to much with 15%? I can't really tell what flavor I use now, that's how weak it is : /

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much flavor do you usually use in your E-juice?
I use 3%, since i thought I was coughing because of the flavor but I don't, so I could add some more.
I don't taste the flavor that well, and I should add more. I have the flavor vanilla classic now. Should I use 5, 10, 15 %?
Is it to much with 15%? I can't really tell what flavor I use now, that's how weak it is : /

Using FA flavors in a mix I'm never above 9%. But single flavor I wouldn't vape over 3% or so. Have you read HIC's notes on the FA flavors? If not ther are some very good starting percentages listed: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/ I'd start low and work your way up a percentage at a time (because the flavors are so concentrated).

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Using FA flavors in a mix I'm never above 9%. But single flavor I wouldn't vape over 3% or so. Have you read HIC's notes on the FA flavors? If not ther are some very good starting percentages listed: http://mamajsflavorshop.com/headinclouds-my-notes-on-flavor-descriptions/ I'd start low and work your way up a percentage at a time (because the flavors are so concentrated).
Thanks. Do you know what kind of wire I need for the Nautilus mini BVC coil? I'm thinking about rebuilding the coils. I already found the cutton I'm going to use. ''koh gen do pure cotton'' it's called. I was watching how to rebuild the coil by RIPtrippers. but he didn't say what he was using and he didn't link that.
Also people in the comments are saying that you should get another wire than what trippers uses, since he doesn't use the same as the original BVC coils uses.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use some 100%VG 18mg nic. IN my Sub mini. It is strong, can make me cough. But I like it. I hit it a few times, then leave it along for a few hours. No Chain vaping. 24 is quite high for a tank like they. They do put out lots of vapor...

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do you know if this torch will work for when heating the coils?
http://www.lightinthebox.com/switch-flame-butane-torch-pipe-lighter-toys_p1943112.html

I've heard some bad things about it, but they haven't used it on coils. It was really cheap and it only takes couple of days to arrive. I have heard it's better to torch the coils when rebuilding them. Not sure if it''s a must

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MrJojo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kanger tanks are my daily choice mostly because I drive for living. I use both coil heads and RBA section especially the new plus RBA that thing is really good now, I'm running 80% VG in it with Not one dry hit Love it! So with that said you are using WAYYY too much Nic in that tank I found that even with 6mg Nic will choke you bad (throat hit), so just try different ratio for Nic n I think you'll be ok. You should definitely buy the RBA from Fasttech $3.00 if you want to use thicker juices won't regret it. Good luck and keep on Vaping

Kiicki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kanger tanks are my daily choice mostly because I drive for living. I use both coil heads and RBA section especially the new plus RBA that thing is really good now, I'm running 80% VG in it with Not one dry hit Love it! So with that said you are using WAYYY too much Nic in that tank I found that even with 6mg Nic will choke you bad (throat hit), so just try different ratio for Nic n I think you'll be ok. You should definitely buy the RBA from Fasttech $3.00 if you want to use thicker juices won't regret it. Good luck and keep on Vaping
I can't handle to much VG. It's to thick. Also my throat sometimes close when vaping to much VG. I agree that 16mg is to much nicotine.
I think I actually will use 3mg or something. Even though I smoke a pack a day (20 cigarettes) I think 3mg will be enough because I vape much more than I would smoke.

VU Sponsors