The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Discussion in 'General Rebuildable Discussion (RTA/RBA/RDA)' started by VapeRN, Mar 26, 2016.

1. ej1024

ej1024 VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Roxy please come back

I

2. rchmx

rchmx VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Dude, many thanks for posting this deal! I hadn't really been searching for them, but I kind of assumed that the two I currently have were the only two I'd get. Just ordered 5 from eciggity, The Boreas is easily my favorite RTA I've ever bought, and what I've used every day for more than a year now.

SirRichardRear and Deeks like this.
  3. joseph.c.tatum

joseph.c.tatum Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    They had a 10% off code too I forgot about. If you haven't done it yet it was "10PERCENTOFF" if I remember right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

rchmx likes this.
  4. rchmx

Blog Posts:
    Ah yes, I meant to post about that in case anyone else decided to place an order. The code here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1elNey_aBIsq5bshRuO6oIQuVMQWHlpeqxNUmBC255Gk/pubhtml

still works. "TENOFF". Buying 5 was the minimum for free shipping, came out to $15.29 each. :vino:

5. joseph.c.tatum

Blog Posts:
    Can't beat that! This thing is really impressing me today. I was into rtas about and I quit vaping like a big dummy 7-8 months ago. I just started back about a month ago and knew I wanted back into rebuildables. Glad I made this choice. Now to decide on what rta to go with next. Thinking strongly on an obs engine and I found them for cheap too!

6. Deeks

Deeks Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The Engine is pretty solid if you want a guaranteed non leaker. I got my wife one and she likes it but it also bounces around in her purse a lot so its really the perfect tank for her. She managed to make the Boreas leak like every damn time so I gave up on that with her lol.

The only thing about the Engine that I personally don't like is sometimes after filling it does flood pretty easily so you may get some hot spit back for a few pulls. Some say the flavor is muted because of the top airflow but I also haven't really experienced any lack of flavor when I fill hers and take a few pulls.

Not a bad tank, not a great tank (IMO) but it could be ideal for you depending on your style of vaping.

7. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Which Engine?

8. Deeks

Blog Posts:
    Oh ya I forget there's multiple versions of this now. Just the original one with the dual coil velocity deck. 24mm I want to say? Around 5ml capacity? I know its the first one that came out but now isn't there a mini, nano, single coil and maybe more? lol

Edit: Figured I better look it up for clarity sake, its 25mm 5.2ml capacity. That's the one Wife has.

9. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    LOL I hear ya. Thanks for the clarification :)

Deeks likes this.
  10. joseph.c.tatum

Blog Posts:
    I'm looking at the full size 25mm I believe. Very nice looking tank that seems to get good reviews. Is it as thirsty as the boreas? I had a griffin 25 before I quit vaping last time but it was a clone and weeped juice from every crack and crevice but was a pretty decent tank flavor wise. I been out of the loop for a bit so don't really know what's out there. I've got another mod en route and gonna pick up a 25mm engine I'm fairly sure. Also I'm planning on another mod to have 3 to swap out and welcome any recommendations for rtas or mods. I'm a simple guy is my vape style. Wattage mode only, not a tc guy, and my go too is dual alien coil around .25ohm. I have em in the boreas and I'm only pushing around 75 watts and very pleased. I do run em up to around 85-90 watts on occasion but that's really about as far as I need to go and not on a regular basis. Any input/advice is much appreciated

11. Deeks

Blog Posts:
    My best advice as far as any RTA goes is get the ones that don't have press-fit pieces. Every single tank I've owned with press fitting has managed to leak, weep, seep... whatever the hell you want to call it. The examples from my personal experience are the Merlin (single coil RTA), Billow V3, OBS Crius V3, Griffin 24mm. Never again after dealing with those frustrations.

As far as if the Engine is thirsty, it really depends on your build, with dual aliens I would imagine it would suck down the juice at a pretty good clip :)

Ryedan and joseph.c.tatum like this.
  12. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  13. rchmx

Blog Posts:
    I guess I hadn't made a purchase from eciggity before, but damn they're quick to ship. Already got a tracking number for my order. :confetti:

I wouldn't claim that there aren't better RTAs out there than the Boreas, but considering how happy I am with mine, I can now take a break from trying to find the something to trump it. That'll definitely save me some money in the long run.

Teresa P and SirRichardRear like this.
  14. WraithPC

WraithPC Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    You do know the Engines are press fit? OBS didn't learn a thing from the crius.

15. Deeks

Blog Posts:
    Which part, the top cap area? I dont mind that so much since the base isnt pressfit. But either way I dont use it so i still stay with no press fit for this guy lol

16. WraithPC

WraithPC Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Deck is press fit, as is much of the rest of it, multiple reports of the positive post popping out on folks, I'm guessing they are being a little heavy handed when manipulating coils, but none the less annoying. I've not had any issues with any of my engines, no leaks or flooding. However have decided not to buy multiple pieces because of the press fit deck.

Like you I find press fit a huge negative that typically ends in issue.

17. Deeks

Blog Posts:
    Oh ya I can see what you're saying, had to rebuild wife's earlier and I see how its press fit into the base. Seems like the flooding really only happens right when its almost time to change wicks or if she doesn't fill it fast enough. Otherwise she really likes it which is all that matters right?!

18. joeyboy

joeyboy Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  19. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    I have a few boreas and have used the same one for many many months with no issues. I haven't opened another yet.

20. Puff

Puff Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Eciggity has been one of my Favorite Vendors since they opened.....Nice people and fast shipping, I live in Oregon so when my order leaves Hawaii it comes right to Portland Oregon and then to my house.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

21. gakudzu

gakudzu Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I'm up to page 135 of this novel. Decided around page 5 that I definitely need a few Borei in my stash.

Roxy was gone before I joined VU, so I never spoke with her, but I miss her anyway.:( Seems like a class act.

OneBadWolf, r055co and DP2Raja like this.
  22. DP2Raja

DP2Raja Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    She was/is total class!

23. colorado1008

colorado1008 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ordered my 3rd Boreas yesterday. Stock up while they still are available! And, they go for pretty cheap these days to boot!

Check subtank supply or Eciggity.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  24. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I could barely wick an RTA when I joined this thread last year - it turned me into a black belt

DP2Raja, gakudzu and joeyboy like this.
  25. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    Just bought three more. In the closet they go with the others. No more buying until mid June.

26. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    I agree. It took me an hour, at least, to build a boreas. Now I can wrap a coil, put it on the boreas and wick and vape in 15 minutes.

VU is the best.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  27. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    @JuicyLucy
    I was going to buy as many as you but I don't have a closet large enough. :tantrum:

JuicyLucy likes this.
  28. r055co

r055co VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Love my Boreas's, I need to break it out again along with my Lethal, it's such a great combination. [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

29. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    You have the last gold ring.

30. r055co

Blog Posts:
    Have 3 ;)

joeyboy likes this.
  31. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    I was actuality going to get them with my last purchase but not to be had.

32. r055co

Blog Posts:
    yeah when I ordered my black Boreas's I included the Gold AFC ring.

33. DP2Raja

Blog Posts:
    I think Subtask Supply still has the gold ring for the Boreas. I know I just saw one last week...where the heck was it?

I got one for my black Boreas too Ro55co, but ended up putting it on my SS one and the SS ring on my Black one and the black ring on my second SS Boreas...mix and match.

rchmx and r055co like this.
  34. rchmx

Blog Posts:
    My babies!! :vapemail::stars2::hearts:

Attached Files:

joeyboy, r055co and DP2Raja like this.
  35. DP2Raja

Blog Posts:
    Nice!!!

36. Catalyst

Catalyst Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Wow i cant believe how big this thread is...
    Anyway not sure if it has been said before, but I would love to see a V2 of this tank. Been using mine daily for well over a year, and love it. But imagine it with a chuff top rather than a 510. and interchangable decks. Postless, goon style, Pharoah style, etc.

37. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    I would like the original pharoah style single coil deck but with the amount of air this thing can put out I don't know.

38. Mikhail Naumov

Mikhail Naumov VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    This thread, the very first thread I ever even posted in on this website over a YEAR ago, is still going strong. Jesus fucking christ.

Roxy, come back and make a 40mm Boreas. PLEASE.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  39. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Hey Mikhail - the Boreas still kicks ass is why

joeyboy likes this.
  40. ttatlanta

ttatlanta Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Lifehack #1: After refilling, fire it up but don't pull – blow. At the right angle from up close, like a pan flute.
    Lifehack #2: Holding it at approx. 45 degrees, juice port up, stop filling when the juice completely covers the glass. No spitback!

Don't care for a 40mm, but I'd buy a V2 with better ergonomics (proper knurling for starters) and aesthetics.

41. Everpresentnewb

Everpresentnewb Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Id love to see 30mm and postless... Or perhaps series decks...

42. kevin littell

kevin littell Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Crosshatch the afc, and the top and I'd buy another pair or two.

43. jodi3moons

jodi3moons New Member

Blog Posts:
    Quick question, sorry if it's been answered already: does the Boreas come with a BF pin?

44. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    No, it is strictly an RTA - but a very, very good one

DP2Raja likes this.
  45. Chainvapor

Chainvapor Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Well, I went to Eccigity.com and picked up the Boreas in Black and Stainless for $16.99 each. I have owned the Aromamizer Supreme for a long time and have always loved it. Now I can see what all the hype is about. There is Pros and Cons for both so let me just highlight the main differences.

Aromamizer Supreme (AS) vs Boreas (B)

LEAKING:
    AS Never Leaks on me
    B sometimes leaks thru the JFC when I fill it. Already replaced all the orings and problem is not as bad, but still there.
    Winner this round = AS

AIRFLOW:
    AS spits out the sides when vaping sometimes because airflow is wide open
    B does not spit and has a nice smooth airflow.
    Winner this round = B

JFC:
    AS has separate JFC and AFC which can be adjusted independently.
    B has AFC and JFC combined so when one is adjusted, so is the other.
    The is going to be completely subjective and vary between users but I always run my JFC and AFC wide open
    So it is a tie on this one for me because it makes no difference. I like both the same.
    Winner this round = TIE

FLAVOR:
    Cannot tell any difference between the AS and the B.

Overall Value:
    The Boreas only cost me $16.99 so this is really a no brainer. Even with a little seeping from the JFC when I fill it, the Boreas is still a better value for sure.

If you are on the fence or have looked at but not purchased a Boreas tank, for $16.99 you should just buy one and try it. $16.99 is dirt cheap for a nice authentic tank.

Just a note: My favorite build on both of these tanks so far is a dual fused clapton - 26 gauge nichrome cores with a 38 gauge 316 SS wrap. A spaced 5 wrap coil around a 3 mm screwdriver is right on 0.3 ohm every time for me. Dual is 0.15 ohm of course and the vape is amazing at 70 watts on both the AS and the B.

( All of the above is just my opinion, may not be yours. )

Happy Vaping Everyone!
    CV :)

JuicyLucy likes this.
  46. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    My refill method, variation of the 'boreas burp', which requires a qtip and a paper towel:
    - QTip out the chimney and turn it upside down to drain the tank
    - Close the AFC/JFC while it is still upside down
    - Remove the cap, fill the tank
    - Put the cap on and thread until you get tension
    - Wrap the cap with paper towel and turn back upside down, wait a second or two then tighten the cap
    - With it still upside down open the AFC to one hole
    - Turn it upside right and take a couple vapes making sure you keep drawing air after you stop firing. I will also hold the towel on one side and blow into/thru the air holes to blow out any juice that might want to come out the air holes later.
    - I repeat the above with 2 holes open and then again with 3 holes open (my preferred setting) and I never get leaking once that is done.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  47. Chainvapor

Chainvapor Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the tip.

I just close the JFC/AFC, take off the cap, fill it, replace the cap, then open the JFC/AFC and vape. Usually works good except for a small amount of seeping. Like I said before, since I replaced all the orings, it really isn't too bad. Just a quick wipe with a paper towel and I am good to go.

I will definitely try turning it upside down before closing the JFC/AFC to see if that helps. Other than that, the rest is more work than I am willing to put into filling a tank. LOL :) Too many other tanks I have fill easily with no leaking using the same method described above. My AMMIT, Aromamizer Supreme, Merlin V1, and Billow V2.5 tanks give a great vape with no leaking.

Thank you again for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend!

Happy Vaping!
    CV :)

48. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I understand. I used to not bother with the draining of the deck (wanted as much juice in the tank/deck as possible each refill) but just did the last turn of the cap on while upside down and that was usually enough by itself. 99% of my refills are at home at my work desk so not a problem for me to go the extra mile. If I have to refill when out of the house I don't bother with some of those steps.

Chainvapor and JuicyLucy like this.
  49. Rconrad

Rconrad Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I let my boreas sit for a few months and now the AFC is locked in place. Like it rusted in side or.....? Whatever it is i can no longer use it because i cant turn the afc. Bummage.

50. joeyboy

Blog Posts:
    Take it apart and put the afc part in hot water. Let it sit a bit then try to push it off.

Edit: Separate the two.