Become a Patron!

Thought I was done with vaping

bratz

Member For 4 Years
Idk maybe it isn't charging but it goes from not turning on at all to turning on and saying low battery when I plug in the adapter so idk but I hear it's a bad idea to charge box mods unless the battery is built in with an adapter and your supposed to charge them externally if the batteries are 18650s basically the adapter is for updating firmware only which I could update the mod from 165w to 200w if I wanted to but I feel like 165w is like atleast 30w more than i really need lol but it's nice to have to option to go that high
Its wise to charge externally. I internal charge only on my DNA mod which is my beater mod. The rest of the batteries for other mods will be external charge only along with the DNA mod batteries which get a once a week loving over the weekend

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have heard what I consider Nonsense about charging internally so often it just Grinds My Gears. To prove a self professed expert wrong I tested what he was posting and proved it wrong with my Alien. If a device was made with built in charging then it is fine to use. I do it all the time and I also use the Pass Thru functionality on a few pf my MOD's.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do you give a fuck what race or sexual orientation anyone is besides yourself?
This is a forum where people can remain anonymous if they so choose.

I don't understand why you have to bring any of that shit here when there is 300,000 other places on the internet where you can let that shit rip.

Have you noticed that you are the only one on the entire forum that rattles off the liberal talking points every time they get a chance?

No one is being censored so it could just maybe, possibly, could be that people are tired of hearing that old bullshit every time they turn around.

Are you living in one of those liberal bubbles?

Because we are not. Sorry.
Naah we Liberals do not want her :D
Not sure what she is?
Maybe Hooman?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You should go back and read the asolo mod thread.
They came on here and tried to convence us that they had TC in kanthal down.
By the time it was over they were advertising kanthal "TC' as taste control:facepalm:

But both the hohm wrecker v2 and hohm slice can do TC in kanthal.
They use a proprietary chip (FSK Chip) and they are the only two mods in vaping that can do it.

The holm slice is also supposedly stable to 0.0007 ohms in power mode.

But who's dumb enough to find out? :eek:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should go back and read the asolo mod thread.
They came on here and tried to convence us that they had TC in kanthal down.
By the time it was over they were advertising kanthal "TC' as taste control:facepalm:

But both the hohm wrecker v2 and hohm slice can do TC in kanthal.
They use a proprietary chip (FSK Chip) and they are the only two mods in vaping that can do it.

The holm slice is also supposedly stable to 0.0007 ohms in power mode.

Hmm I doubt that the coil and 510 connections in a mod are that stable.
Heck the copper wire in the mod going to the 510 is not that stable as it warms a bit.
They may have dry hit prevention in them, but TC with Kanthal naah.

Just my opinion as most of my posts are though.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...The holm slice is also supposedly stable to 0.0007 ohms in power mode.

I had a .08 build sent to me from a guy on another forum he wanted me to test on one of my wismec mods that would supposedly fire down to .05. The RX mod wouldn't fire it but my G2 had no issues with it in TC or VW mode. He actually sent me quite a few pairs of SS coils, wonder if I still have any left....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Isolo which has 'Taste control' in Kanthal.
You have to get the build vaping good in VW then go to 'taste Control'.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yeah idk if this is really what was causing trouble for me but i really think it was just the fact that it was my lungs getting used to vaping with it being cold outside cause the whole month and half after i first got my mod there was no problem at all but once it got below 40degrees or so is when it started happening but now that its been a couple weeks i dont experience it. I still smoke cigarettes when im drinking by choice which i know i probly shouldnt but other than that i dont smoke at all and thats how its been for almost 3 weeks and I dont drink that often I mean I did get drunk twice the past two weeks but thats kind of abnormal for me lol

Well, the great thing about vaping is that it really is harm *reduction* -- none of us are silly enough to think it's harm *elimination* -- so if you do smoke sometimes, at least with vaping you know that you're smoking one hell of a lot less than if you weren't vaping. This is one of the things that the ANTZ hate, I think -- for those puritan idiots, it has to be "quit or die," all or nothing, they just want smokers to SUFFER, to either quit and suffer from that, or don't quit, and die of smoking -- they just can't tolerate the fact that vapers get to quit ENJOYABLY! :p

A lot of folks have difficulties when they first start, whether it be hardware, ejuice, or just their own flesh. :D As I mentioned, I've had to stick to the "newbie" style of vaping, low wattage and high resistance, just because of my stupid asthma. But at least I'm not suffering, or smoking. :)

Andria

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have heard what I consider Nonsense about charging internally so often it just Grinds My Gears. To prove a self professed expert wrong I tested what he was posting and proved it wrong with my Alien. If a device was made with built in charging then it is fine to use. I do it all the time and I also use the Pass Thru functionality on a few pf my MOD's.

Doesn't it take forever though charging batteries (if your talking about 18650s) using an adapter and charging them through the adapter port? I would think that cause usually the adapters that come in kits aren't that strong not as strong as an external charger atleast

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't it take forever though charging batteries (if your talking about 18650s) using an adapter and charging them through the adapter port? I would think that cause usually the adapters that come in kits aren't that strong not as strong as an external charger atleast
Most chargers built into mods charge at a lower rate than most external chargers.
Also if an external charger is rated at 1 amp as many are then using a 2 amp wall adapter will not speed things up vs using a 1 amp adapter.
The charging circuit will only take what it is designed to take from the adapter.

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what do you need to make your own liquids like a jug of nicotine, VG ,PG and whatever you want to flavor it i mean im not asking anyone to go in depth but if you have those 3 main ingredients basically you can make your own?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
what do you need to make your own liquids like a jug of nicotine, VG ,PG and whatever you want to flavor it i mean im not asking anyone to go in depth but if you have those 3 main ingredients basically you can make your own?

Yes - check out the DIY section here, it is a great place

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5 gallons of 70vg-30pg is 324$ and it can make like 18000-20000ml of juice sounds like a great deal buy 2x-3x that and you good for years and you save BIG money thousands, i might have to buy 500ml for 12$ to try making my own sooner than if and when the FDA bullshit is about to really happen and not just a supposed date when its going to be put in

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5 gallons of 70vg-30pg is 324$ and it can make like 18000-20000ml of juice sounds like a great deal buy 2x-3x that and you good for years and you save BIG money thousands, i might have to buy 500ml for 12$ to try making my own sooner than if and when the FDA bullshit is about to really happen and not just a supposed date when its going to be put in

Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin are used in many things other than vaping. The flavorings are real food products used in making food. The FDA cannot fuck with those without hurting a lot of businesses and people who have nothing to do with vaping. What the FDA will go after is the nicotine, mods, tanks and pre-made juices. Stock up on these things and you'll be fine. Nicotine can be put into a freezer and it will supposedly last for years. No one is really sure how long because for most vapers they just started doing so a year or two ago.

The other thing to consider is enforcement of any FDA rules. I live in a country where vaping is banned, but not illegal. To clarify, I can vape all I want, but I can't import things or sell nic, mods, or attys. However, vaping is thriving and growing in the entire region. So, if the FDA attempts to strictly control things, how are they going to enforce it? It's a lot harder than most think. There will always be people who are clever and willing to take risks. They will get stuff into the country and into the hands of consumers. Just like the bootleggers did during Prohibition, which was a colossal failure. Yes, there will be additional costs, just like here we pay a 15-35% premium on things if bought in country, but it's still worth it.

So, don't freak out over this just now. The US has gotten a reprieve for the next few years. Focus your attention and energy on vaping. There will be plenty of time for hoarding later.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I'll use the usb adapter on single battery mods but i always end up using the charger for everything else.
Besides I have 16 pairs of batteries that I can switch in or out when needed.
Extra batteries are great for when you need to charge the other ones. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin are used in many things other than vaping. The flavorings are real food products used in making food. The FDA cannot fuck with those without hurting a lot of businesses and people who have nothing to do with vaping. What the FDA will go after is the nicotine, mods, tanks and pre-made juices. Stock up on these things and you'll be fine. Nicotine can be put into a freezer and it will supposedly last for years. No one is really sure how long because for most vapers they just started doing so a year or two ago.

The other thing to consider is enforcement of any FDA rules. I live in a country where vaping is banned, but not illegal. To clarify, I can vape all I want, but I can't import things or sell nic, mods, or attys. However, vaping is thriving and growing in the entire region. So, if the FDA attempts to strictly control things, how are they going to enforce it? It's a lot harder than most think. There will always be people who are clever and willing to take risks. They will get stuff into the country and into the hands of consumers. Just like the bootleggers did during Prohibition, which was a colossal failure. Yes, there will be additional costs, just like here we pay a 15-35% premium on things if bought in country, but it's still worth it.

So, don't freak out over this just now. The US has gotten a reprieve for the next few years. Focus your attention and energy on vaping. There will be plenty of time for hoarding later.

Lately I've been using nicotine that I put in the freezer in mid-2014, so it's more than 3 yrs old... and every bit as clear as the date on which I stored it. I've still got over 2.5L in there, because in the freezer, it WILL last for years, even decades. Sure, it might lose a little potency after decades, but that's part of why I use/store 100mg -- even a 10% loss would still leave me with 90mg nicotine.

Andria

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Just make sure you got a good place to buy your mixing supplies. I like to use vaperstek nic, some of the smoothest PG based nicotine I've had, but that's my opinion. I use bull city for my flavors, nicotine river is good too, but shipping is pretty pricey. VG and PG last batch I bought was a gallon each from essential depot on amazon, pretty tasty stuff, even the PG is a little less chemical tasting compared to other places, bull city's VG and PG is pretty good too. Also I recommend mixing by weight, get you a scale that measures in .01 grams on amazon or some place, I got mine for ~10 bucks with prime. Definitely check out the DIY section for some killer recipes.

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Andria[/QUOTE]
Lately I've been using nicotine that I put in the freezer in mid-2014, so it's more than 3 yrs old... and every bit as clear as the date on which I stored it. I've still got over 2.5L in there, because in the freezer, it WILL last for years, even decades. Sure, it might lose a little potency after decades, but that's part of why I use/store 100mg -- even a 10% loss would still leave me with 90mg nicotine.

Andria

https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/12mg-e-liquid-nicotine.html

Thats what I was looking at since I use 6mg-ml liquid so I figure that will be good because having it be 12mg leaves a little bit of room for degrading and whatever you might add to flavor it I would think to make it taste like lemon you press lemon juice out of lemons and filter out the pulp extremely well and add it to the liquid if you want it to be natural organic flavored lemon juice or you would use one of those plastic lemon bottles that have the real lemon juice in them although then there's a risk that you inhale fungal spores that can grow in the lemon juice and get some sort of lung infection I know people that use lemon juice to dissolve drugs can get a heart infection from injecting spores but idk if it'd work the same if you vaporized lemon juice that happened to have fungal spores and inhaled it

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/12mg-e-liquid-nicotine.html

Thats what I was looking at since I use 6mg-ml liquid so I figure that will be good because having it be 12mg leaves a little bit of room for degrading and whatever you might add to flavor it I would think to make it taste like lemon you press lemon juice out of lemons and filter out the pulp extremely well and add it to the liquid if you want it to be natural organic flavored lemon juice[/QUOTE]

Never vape lemon juice it has oils in it which are not healthy at all to vape.
Use only water soluble flavorings.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. Regarding any and all of the above, just...no. If you do end up getting into DIY, any of us will be happy to help and advise, but I personally do not recommend your proposed route.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
What others above have said, don't use real lemon or most actual food stuffs in vaping. Also I'd recommend getting 72 or 100mg nic for mixing, cause at 12 mg you will have to use A LOT, and that'll fuck your mixes HARD.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno why but I like it when new members come in... pre-steeped. ...if you kwim. :)
English ain' t my 1st language. Spoken/written for work only.. I cant decipher your post.
emoji28.png

Your English is fine sir. I sometimes use metaphors and euphemisms for humor and shorten 2-words into one
through the use of 'texting etiquette' contractions... because of... well... laziness. :)

dunno = don't know
pre-steeped was a compliment to your vaping acumen. Most new members don't arrive here knowing as much as you do.
(Steeping is a DIY juice term that means the same thing as aging or blooming or coming to fruition)
kwim = know what I mean?

Don't feel bad, even I can't decipher me sometimes... :confused:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, what they said. Most stuff you'd care to eat, you don't wanna vape, and vice-versa, because inhalation and digestion work VERY differently. You need to use pure flavors, which are usually PG-based, though some are available in a VG carrier. Anything "organic" in ejuice has the potential to turn coils into a black stinking mess -- which is why my 14% shisha strawberry requires a dry-burn AT LEAST weekly, if not more often -- when it was 16%, it needed it every-other day. Sure, the stuff is tasty, probably BECAUSE it's organically-derived... but it sure fucks up coils, BUT GOOD. I try to not *eat* artificial flavors, but for vaping, they actually work a lot better. And i damn sure wouldn't eat/drink sucralose or any other artificial sweetener... but a smidge in a vape can make it really pop.

Andria

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_0915.PNG IMG_0916.PNG
Most chargers built into mods charge at a lower rate than most external chargers.
Also if an external charger is rated at 1 amp as many are then using a 2 amp wall adapter will not speed things up vs using a 1 amp adapter.
The charging circuit will only take what it is designed to take from the adapter.
Yeah that's why it's faster to just use an external charger the charger I got for 12$ dual port that's coming tomorrow is somewhat high tech it tells you battery levels and it's a smart charger it detects what kind of battery is in it and can charge a wide variety of batteries

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Exactly right, @Hillbilly Pig , about the nic strength -- as I said, I use 100mg, so that in 10 or 20 yrs, I might still have 90-95mg... but I vape 3mg -- hence, I don't need to use much nicotine at all, so it will go a LOOOOOOONG way. I just mixed up a 56ml batch of my usual, and used about 1.8ml of nicotine.

Andria

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, what they said. Most stuff you'd care to eat, you don't wanna vape, and vice-versa, because inhalation and digestion work VERY differently. You need to use pure flavors, which are usually PG-based, though some are available in a VG carrier. Anything "organic" in ejuice has the potential to turn coils into a black stinking mess -- which is why my 14% shisha strawberry requires a dry-burn AT LEAST weekly, if not more often -- when it was 16%, it needed it every-other day. Sure, the stuff is tasty, probably BECAUSE it's organically-derived... but it sure fucks up coils, BUT GOOD. I try to not *eat* artificial flavors, but for vaping, they actually work a lot better. And i damn sure wouldn't eat/drink sucralose or any other artificial sweetener... but a smidge in a vape can make it really pop.

Andria

Yeah makes sense I saw a website selling flavor boosting liquid for liquids you pick the flavor you want to buy to add it to a liquid you have I just figured maybe that's how it's done since they add artificial flavoring to make certain flavors like you'll see the nicotine base mixture info on the bottle and the it'll say artificially flavored

amateur vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just make sure you got a good place to buy your mixing supplies. I like to use vaperstek nic, some of the smoothest PG based nicotine I've had, but that's my opinion. I use bull city for my flavors, nicotine river is good too, but shipping is pretty pricey. VG and PG last batch I bought was a gallon each from essential depot on amazon, pretty tasty stuff, even the PG is a little less chemical tasting compared to other places, bull city's VG and PG is pretty good too. Also I recommend mixing by weight, get you a scale that measures in .01 grams on amazon or some place, I got mine for ~10 bucks with prime. Definitely check out the DIY section for some killer recipes.

I already happen to have one of those that measures in .00gs pretty sure it also weighs in ozs and .000kgs

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

There are newer mods that charge at 2 amps, that's faster than my 1 amp dedicate charger! My 4-bay charger got stolen some months ago so I just charge my 3 battery mod with the usb, it is slower but the mod is also much older.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Half-non white as in honorary white? You know? More honorary than Jews by being accepted into some KKK Kleagles unlike Jews? You know? People who had black slaves do most of the dying on the Trail of Tears for them carrying their shit? What does being transgender have to do with sexual orientation? Figures you'd exclude the T. It takes a bigot to conflate gender identity with sexual orientation. Weather or not you've seen it in your years here, I haven't. That really says something considering how long I've been here and other conservative like sports sites I've been on where I have seen them at least affirm their identity even if they don't post much about it.

I'm not surprised coming from someone who attacked a reviewer's integrity because he challenged the notion that it isn't all about you and effectively demonstrates the fraud that you are a wonderful cheerleader for.

Oh, and yes, I've been vaping for the last week or so.

I just figured it out. Polargirl is a man pretending to be female online. I've met too many of those.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
View attachment 97379 View attachment 97380
Yeah that's why it's faster to just use an external charger the charger I got for 12$ dual port that's coming tomorrow is somewhat high tech it tells you battery levels and it's a smart charger it detects what kind of battery is in it and can charge a wide variety of batteries

That charger will also only charge each battery at 500ma, which is the same as most older 2 18650 mods and slower than a lot of new ones

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I'd recommend a 4 bay charger from like Efest or Nitecore. I use the efest luc V4, works great, ya do need to fool around with the batteries by taking it out a few times for them to read right, a problem that the Nitecore chargers don't have.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just figured it out. Polargirl is a man pretending to be female online. I've met too many of those.

Oh boy. A woman calling a woman they don't like transgender as a slur? Hey, you aren't the first. It is done in Hollywood and politics all the time.

This site sure is full of bigots. You are lower than that dude that mocked someone for having mental disability.

I respect transgender people's gender they present themselves as therefore I must be one. You are fucking pathetic you bigoted bitch!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Oh boy. A woman calling a woman they don't like transgender as a slur? Hey, you aren't the first. It is done in Hollywood and politics all the time.

This site sure is full of bigots. You are lower than that dude that mocked someone for having mental disability.

I respect transgender people's gender they present themselves as therefore I must be one. You are fucking pathetic you bigoted bitch!

And here all this time I thought you were a white female polar bear.
You mean that's not you in the picture?

I'm joking, of course:)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Calling you a male, not transgender. If you are male to female trans, kudos. If you had been fooled by males online masquerading as females (and lesbians...OF COURSE) like I have, you'd be paranoid, too.
I'm active in the LGBT community and my best friend for the last 10 years is intersex. Take off your "everyone is a bigot" goggles.

Instead of crusading in an inappropriate internet forum, go out and help someone, do something kind, make a difference. Surely you see that you are not helping your social justice causes here on VU.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Calling you a male, not transgender. If you are male to female trans, kudos. If you had been fooled by males online masquerading as females (and lesbians...OF COURSE) like I have, you'd be paranoid, too.
I'm active in the LGBT community and my best friend for the last 10 years is intersex. Take off your "everyone is a bigot" goggles.

Instead of crusading in an inappropriate internet forum, go out and help someone, do something kind, make a difference. Surely you see that you are not helping your social justice causes here on VU.

So you still are sticking with I can't be a cisgender woman despite the fact that the hardest core SJW safe spaces are made up of predominantly just that.

I am sorry dudes catfished you online but that doesn't give you the right to call me a dude or say I am trans.

I have mentioned my husband on this site a few times so you don't have to imply that I am trying to um, catfish you. Lol.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Trolls are gender neutral

So how come you don't put some of that super-duper expert all-things-battery knowledge to work here instead of worrying about other people's junk?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have mentioned my husband on this site a few times so you don't have to imply that I am trying to um, catfish you. Lol.

:bs:

You are gender bias agains the LGBTQ community!!!

Thanks to the US Supreme Court, men with actual penises can now have husbands with actual penises

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Thanks to the US Supreme Court, men with actual penises can now have husbands with actual penises
Not only have I but to you specifically as well when you were mocking me for not having vaping gear.

How the hell am I prejudiced against gay men marrying gay men in a court decision I supported? Must be projection since you are going on about "actual penises".

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
And that is why we have buckets that can be taken behind trees.

Buckets are optional BTW.
Not sure about that one, the thing may be a alien or other species since not a boy or girl. So who knows where it pees from.

13837202425653.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh the sexual practices of some alien species would send you running in terror.
Others just use in vitro. No fun at all.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Lucy, you should have said..............

BULLSHITERY!

VU Sponsors