Become a Patron!

To Date which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for & why?

Which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4ae812faeb64894468760d7e249e9c9e0c78f748115e27ec441dd922b0abf7b9.png

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sen. McConnell to introduce legislation to raise vaping/tobacco age to 21

On one hand I hold a soft opinion that if eighteen is old enough to kill or die for the nation, it ought to be old enough to drink or use tobacco. On the other hand I can reasonably, morally, ethically, logically see twenty one being the age for use of alcohol & tobacco, what is deemed (wrongly or not) as tobacco products (vaping). It would eliminate any pretense of an "epidemic" of "children" vaping.

[Redaction upon thinking better of the written.]

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Here is where Muellers huge fuck up is. You knew Mueller was thick as thieves with Comey and McCabe and all the others in the FBI and DOJ yet you couldnt actually point to anything that would prove it. With the Mueller Report he cant deny where he stands. How more blatantly obvious could it be when he uses Comeys hand wrote personally leaked memo as evidence that Trump obstructed.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What life is like for Megyn Kelly today

https://www.nickiswift.com/143466/w...&utm_campaign=zergnet_3954514&utm_content=257

I just dont know if Megyn Kelly would be a good fit on the view or not. The girl fucked up royal when she went after trump like a cunt in heat yet despite that the girl does have some brains. Should be interesting if she dumbs herself down to whoopie and joys and rosies level of stupidity or she gets a little integrity back.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
12688159_10205654005651772_5506368791415318301_n.jpg

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment.
The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

The older lady said that she was right -- our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on to explain:
Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.
We walked up stairs because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.

But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.

Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.
Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blade in a r azor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the"green thing." We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart ass young person.

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off... Especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smartass who can't make change without the cash register telling them how much.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
12688159_10205654005651772_5506368791415318301_n.jpg

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment.
The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

The older lady said that she was right -- our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on to explain:
Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.
We walked up stairs because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.

Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blade in a r azor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the"green thing." We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart ass young person.

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off... Especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smartass who can't make change without the cash register telling them how much.
Truer words....

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LGBT community not amused after founder of Noah’s Ark Biblical theme park says that ‘Christians need to take back the rainbow’

https://www.theisraelwire.com/2019/...5_N4AI8TFRuN3fA09VWhCAhcpM6JfiogaZuZLlRvEAQ4M

I think they need a chick fil a at the theme park :p

Agreed, a Chick Fillet there would be helpful, especially if Westboro Baptist shows up. Even I as an agnostic bisexual man do want my fellow man to have the luxury and benefit of good food near by where they may protest. I wish them all the kindness and love I can offer, it is the moral & ethically correct thing to do.

That acknowledged, also acknowledge that like the letters of the alphabet I use writing sentences here, a rainbow is a symbol. Symbols can mean many variety of notions to many variety of human creatures. I once had my wife journey twenty miles out of our way because I saw the symbol below.

roll-up-signs-28599-lg.png

I felt sure we could find this new and strange creature with such a huge hand, paw on one side and none on the other. It also set chills in me, Crazy Don a farmer out in OK who I've recently met on a communication software, often tells of seeing and hearing what he thinks are sasquatch near his farm. He says they got big flat hands that drag the ground. I've had to assure him my friend the Cyclops will save him if needed. I'm still rather frightened of these signs though. Just what I need while looking for leaves to wipe my hind end while in the woods scratching around, a hillbilly past time for sure, a big old big foots coming to ogle my furry todger. :)

So what is so difficult to understanding the word universe means we're all one? In Latin it works out to mean all come together or form one. Besides that, maybe this God personage only meant that particular rainbow that Noah saw on that particular day, and all other rainbows are but graven images unto this God entity? Is this Pastor sure the God entity meant all rainbows, or did it mean only one? In TX there was a lady go to jail because her defense of driving her three young boys into the ocean\lake\body of water to drown and die, was that this God entity told her the Apocalypse (a word simply meaning "to reveal" in the ancient Greek/Latin) was at hand and she needed to ensure the boys were ready. My point is, if this Pastor says the God entity talks to him, does he too go to a mental ward and prison?

Understand please, I am not intending to be nasty. I am merely typing out loud a discussion and quandary that lurks internally. I did grow up Mennonite, "fishers of men" for Jesus. Yes, long lapsed now and agnostic. I say I don't know and to me it doesn't matter if any god, goddess exists. I might worship some Pegan gods, goddesses at times, maybe local water gods,dirt goddesses,wood sprites, I revere ancestors too. Do I care if all or none of them actually exist, talk to me? No. I can function with two ideas in mind. One, if it is not tangent, it doesn't exist. Two, simply not seeing does not deny existing. Like I've noted, I'm strange, weird, dorky.

So, my writing here is not meant as hate speech, or being nasty to any person/entity. I am simply offering different views I see, maybe you can see likewise, or not. Please think it over. I am simply promoting peace and the human creature. Thought most religions did that as well? ...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Damn. I washed cloth diapers of my brother's. Got taught how to keep them separate in brown paper grocery bags, put them in a load with ammonia to themselves. I even had to use the old hand ringer washer a few times. Mimmy taught me the washtub and wash board way too.

Most "burger joints" in those days were "up in Harrisonburg" a good 45 minutes, cut to about 15 if you could "snake" up the back way. Eventually, we saw some come in by Mt. Jackson, New Market along Interstate 81.

I remember glass bleach jugs as well as glass pop bottles. We used to take all our glass bottles, jugs back to stores and get a few cents knocked off next time we bought. Nobody got wealthy doing it but every bit helps. Besides why waste good blown, or even molded glass? We had green stamps back then, but no, no "green thing".

Can recall watching adults find a decent and runnable used vehicle for under $1,000 too. Then that would run and take some minor fixing to last at least ten years or more. Lucky to see cars capable of five years now without major work needing done, or better off buying something "new" to you but still used.

Blades dull on straight blades, get the stone and strop, sharpen it back up. I've used a straight blade once or twice. Get a little too shaky to keep using them myself but yes I replace blades in the safety razor, or blade assemblies in the electric razors. I can sharpen straight edges too, one of the Paws taught me, can't remember which one or maybe an amalgamation of them. I can sharpen knives, mower blades, scythe blades, swords, corn knives, machetes, axes (although I rather have an older "hand" check me). Nah, no "green thing" back then.

Folks also used all they could of game/livestock they killed to eat. Leaving it to waste was a mortal sin due to the notion often touted, "waste naught, want not." Glad I never learned working in offices and the like, sad of it some but glad over all. I can trap, hunt, track, make fire. Wife is getting me some Foxfire books tomorrow. I'll be all kinds of giddy heady in reading all the old folklore, lore, the how to do that, make this. :)

*chuckles* The doctors at my disability hearing before a judicial administrator turned to look in the camera. "We don't know how you've managed to do half what you done. You were never meant to do any of it, you just are not built to do like that." My wife chimed in before the attorney could stop her. "He never knew his limits and if folks said he couldn't he'd do it anyway just to say he had." The attorney had a big grin, collected herself and told the administrator and doctors dryly. "He's your typical Appalachian country boy."

I often reflect on that and laugh, feel good despite the other thought, soon AI, automation will obsolete us all.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We live in a disposable society in the USA.
Do not rock the boat and suggest anything else.
After all why repair an I phone when one can get a new one for a grand or so?
So much of our economy is based on a wasteful disposable society.
all the plastic parts in cars, appliances and such are designed to fail eventually.
And once electronic components/modules and plastic parts are discontinued the thing they fit in is junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors