Become a Patron!

Updates on the IPV4????

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What do I tell them? That I no longer trust them and would like a replacement if possible?

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do I tell them? That I no longer trust them and would like a replacement if possible?
First off how long have you had these said batteries? If it's longer than the return policy it is probably void. If it's the users wear and tear they probably won't allow it. In all honesty your better off getting new ones. But you can try man

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have a broken ipv. I lost my screen protector. I took it off to paint it was missing when I came back outside. :(((

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also a wire came lose off the top contact on the right bay. The mod will turn on but won't fire. I resolder it and its back to normal. So if you have the same problem guys it's a easy fix.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to laugh when I hear people "marry" their batteries, like that is something magic that makes them perform as a perfect pair. It just doesn't work that way really. Just because you buy 2 batteries of the same brand on the same day doesn't mean they will be matched in their discharge profile. Many times it does work out that way, but many times it doesn't. Keep an eye on the voltage of your batteries after you discharge them and if they aren't very close in voltage when you put them on the charger try another battery with them until you get a good discharge profile match. Then use them as a "married" pair. You will get much better performance and life that way and at least you have found a pair that are compatible in discharge rates. If they are more than .2 difference when you put them on the charger... they need a divorce. If you put just a minimum amount of effort into matching cells, you will get longer vape time per charge and longer life out of your batteries.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have to laugh when I hear people "marry" their batteries, like that is something magic that makes them perform as a perfect pair. It just doesn't work that way really. Just because you buy 2 batteries of the same brand on the same day doesn't mean they will be matched in their discharge profile. Many times it does work out that way, but many times it doesn't. Keep an eye on the voltage of your batteries after you discharge them and if they aren't very close in voltage when you put them on the charger try another battery with them until you get a good discharge profile match. Then use them as a "married" pair. You will get much better performance and life that way and at least you have found a pair that are compatible in discharge rates. If they are more than .2 difference when you put them on the charger... they need a divorce. If you put just a minimum amount of effort into matching cells, you will get longer vape time per charge and longer life out of your batteries.
Sound advice, and lol on the divorce. This is precisely why my multimeter lives with my charger and batteries, I guess they're married. I never have more than a .01 difference between my paired batteries, I meter them before and after charging. It's a good OCD practice to get into, IMO.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's always best to be safe then sorry, PBusardo did a review on the iPV4 he gave the first release silver unit a no thumbs mainly because of the mirrored screen issue. He did several stress test's on the unit and his findings were very good. He also stress tested the on board balanced charger and found it was good and safe to use.
However it's so easy to swap batteries with it that I would prefer to just swap em.

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had mine a little while now. The silver/mirrored screen is a little annoying but as soon as the Warranty period is over it's an easy fix. Going to put my black Jwrap on it then. It really seems to be a good mod!

No matter where you go, take your Vape!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's worth the wait! Loving TC and I also have the power to run a RDA with about any build.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just letting y'all know, I let my second set of batteries run down to about half per the IPV4 battery bar. When I popped them in the charger they both read 3.6. So, looks like the batteries that read 2.2 and 2.6 are in fact fine. Should I put them back in rotation?

Edit: just noticed that my charger may in fact be at fault: put the 2 batteries that read 2.2 and 2.6 in the right side of the LUC v4 and they both read 4.1 and tried to charge. On a whim I took them out and put them on the left side and they suddenly both read 4.2 and full. What do you guys think? Bad batteries or iffy charger?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bad batteries

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Bad batteries
I will add this cause I can't remember if I ever mentioned it or not: when I put the 2 batteries that read 2.2 and 2.6 on the charger, the one that read 2.2 jumped up to 2.6 in less than 2 minutes. After that they both charged at the same speed. Bad batteries or faulty charger? I've noticed lately that I have to wiggle the batteries sometimes to get it to read. Not all the time but it happens often enough.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Be safe and shit can the batteries and perhaps get a new charger as well.
I'd definitely get a new charger, and can the batteries. Sounds like your charger is reading incorrectly, what does your meter say they're at compared to the charger. I wouldn't us that charger at all, not even if I stared at it the entire time. Any possible faults with chargers, and I'm done. I ordered an Efest Luc V4 and it arrived, and the screen would flash with the charge arrows after a bit, I returned it. That was enough for me to not want to use it, I would definitely get rid of it. Sorry you're dealing with this, sucks man.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got my SmogGB shipping too. One-and-done P4Y for me I think. I ordered in February. I am thoroughly pleased I held out for black. As nice as they look and uncommon they are at the moment, totally gonna be worth it. My black Billow V1 awaits, twisted nickel build already in place.

TrashCat

Member For 4 Years
Poor me... Still waiting for Gearbest to stock the black version :p

ETA is now the 15th... Though they do have the silver in stock.

I just wanted to put this out there, in case no one else has seen this. http://redd.it/39g2yd - There is an issue with the balance board shorting with the 510 and causing the batteries to vent. One of the first indications of this is if the batteries are discharging at an uneven rate. One battery (most likely the one closest to the screen) will drain completely and the other will be full. There have been several people that have just taken the balance board out completely since it makes no sense to use the charging port on the device. There are several tutorials on how to do this. Be aware that this will void your warranty.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wanted to put this out there, in case no one else has seen this. http://redd.it/39g2yd - There is an issue with the balance board shorting with the 510 and causing the batteries to vent. One of the first indications of this is if the batteries are discharging at an uneven rate. One battery (most likely the one closest to the screen) will drain completely and the other will be full. There have been several people that have just taken the balance board out completely since it makes no sense to use the charging port on the device. There are several tutorials on how to do this. Be aware that this will void your warranty.

You might want to start a new thread instead of being lost in this one. Here's a few more for you.
Here and
Here

board removal

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My black is now at the local post office. Have a single coil in an Origen and a dual in a Marquis ready for it. Not too worried about the problems reported on Redit but will be checking my batteries as a precaution.

HighPlainsVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ordered one at mount baker vapor for $67 with the coupon code and it's already shipped and left the post office. Can't wait to see if this TSC stuff is just a gimic or the holy grail of vaping lol.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't know about it being the holy grail but it is now my preferred vape!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't know about it being the holy grail but it is now my preferred vape!

Yeah its definitely a really good mod. Did the whole TC thing but it wasn't my kind of vape. PM packs a nice punch and I'm happy with that.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Single coil was too low and Dual coil had a short. Pulled one and vaping now nicely at .16 30J. Nice thick flavorful vape. Getting these coils right will take some practice. Might have to buy a new ohm reader. My multimeter doesn't go low enough.

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Single coil was too low and Dual coil had a short. Pulled one and vaping now nicely at .16 30J. Nice thick flavorful vape. Getting these coils right will take some practice. Might have to buy a new ohm reader. My multimeter doesn't go low enough.
My coils are 30 ga Ni twisted with 34 ga Kanthal. Single is 0.12 ohms running at 40J and 350F. My duals are same twist 0.21 ohms running at 30J and 300F.

Reactions: JXN

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My dual coil was 30g Ni twisted 10 wraps and would have been right where I wanted at .08 if it hadn't collapsed when pushing the wicking down thru it. Don't know why the single 28 gage came out at .04 instead of .06, it wouldn't fire.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My dual coil was 30g Ni twisted 10 wraps and would have been right where I wanted at .08 if it hadn't collapsed when pushing the wicking down thru it. Don't know why the single 28 gage came out at .04 instead of .06, it wouldn't fire.
Oh... I wrap my coils with a 3 mm inside diameter.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When removing the balance board, can I just snip and heat shrink all 3 wires or do I have to pull the white wire? Reason I ask is because I don't have any way to heat up the wire that won't melt everything else.

BTW, I want to remove the board because I have had the exact symptoms of it. My batteries don't drain at the same rate. I posted a few pages back about them almost being completely discharged.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When removing the balance board, can I just snip and heat shrink all 3 wires or do I have to pull the white wire? Reason I ask is because I don't have any way to heat up the wire that won't melt everything else.

BTW, I want to remove the board because I have had the exact symptoms of it. My batteries don't drain at the same rate. I posted a few pages back about them almost being completely discharged.
No not the red wire! Every single action movie has this same scenario lol.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I was thinking about your posts when I read about this issue. Sounded like exactly what you're dealing with. I can't offer help with the board removal, but I hope it works out. I'd pop them out and multimeter those batteries multiple times while using it for a while.

This potential issue is why I always meter my batteries before and after a charge, and prior to using them, too. I've had no issues at all so far, always within .01 of eachother. It's still a bit worrisome.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll take that as "don't snip the red wire"? Or white wire? Lol

Honestly bro I don't know. I'm not having an issue. Just thought I'd slide that in there for shits and giggles my bad. I do hope someone subscribed here can help with that issue you're having.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was thinking about your posts when I read about this issue. Sounded like exactly what you're dealing with. I can't offer help with the board removal, but I hope it works out. I'd pop them out and multimeter those batteries multiple times while using it for a while.

This potential issue is why I always meter my batteries before and after a charge, and prior to using them, too. I've had no issues at all so far, always within .01 of eachother. It's still a bit worrisome.
So far, the pair that was affected is holding up fine. Actually just pulled them when I read the post about the board issue and they both read 3.8. Any thoughts on how to pull the white wire? Maybe heat the end of a screwdriver up and pull it? Letting my phone charge then gonna run to store to get heatshrink and electrical tape.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure if it's an issue with later batches that's causing the problem with the charge board, people keep posting pictures of the screw post that's causing the issue but my first batch IPV4 has a pretty substantial lump of plastic in there insulating the board from the post.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So far, the pair that was affected is holding up fine. Actually just pulled them when I read the post about the board issue and they both read 3.8. Any thoughts on how to pull the white wire? Maybe heat the end of a screwdriver up and pull it? Letting my phone charge then gonna run to store to get heatshrink and electrical tape.

I can troubleshoot most anything on a mech, but when wires and boards get involve, I'm useless. Sorry, reddit seemed to have pictorials.

@st0nedpenguin My Wake and Vape first batch is L1612. We need to see if batch numbers can be compiled on the faulty ones. Mine has been totally fine thus far.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can troubleshoot most anything on a mech, but when wires and boards get involve, I'm useless. Sorry, reddit seemed to have pictorials.

@st0nedpenguin My Wake and Vape first batch is L1612. We need to see if batch numbers can be compiled on the faulty ones. Mine has been totally fine thus far.
I've got L1293 so we might can rule anything before that as possibly faulty

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've got L1293 so we might can rule anything before that as possibly faulty

I hope the best for you, and people who have issues should really post the batch number, it could be valuable. Who even knows how much of a problem it really is. I hope I don't find out, but I'm gonna practice safe vaping and remove my batteries when not using, and I've already electrical taped the 9V port. Should remove batteries anyway.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hope the best for you, and people who have issues should really post the batch number, it could be valuable. Who even knows how much of a problem it really is. I hope I don't find out, but I'm gonna practice safe vaping and remove my batteries when not using, and I've already electrical taped the 9V port. Should remove batteries anyway.
0d8e97568f511c647e03c3808c9557dd.jpg
Here's what the inside of mine looks like. Nothing insulating the board from metal post. Looks like I will be able to just use my flush cutters to cut the white wire.

VU Sponsors