Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the day i drive a hybrid will be the day i decide to do suicide by car. as a mechanic i could never with a clear concience drive one of them
I definitely understand that. Although...one thing I've been waiting for for years is a hybrid boat. Maybe you could be the creator of that. Imagine a yacht that is silent. Boats get constant sun unimpeded by shade almost always. Build solar panels on the bow and stern wherever you can to keep the batteries charged. Obviously it would have to have a small gas or diesel engine, kind of like the hybrid cars do now to charge when under heavy load or periods of clouds or no sun. If you could get the seed money, I'm sure you could create it. Hell electric motors need maintenance too.

T

Taver13

I definitely understand that. Although...one thing I've been waiting for for years is a hybrid boat. Maybe you could be the creator of that. Imagine a yacht that is silent. Boats get constant sun unimpeded by shade almost always. Build solar panels on the bow and stern wherever you can to keep the batteries charged. Obviously it would have to have a small gas or diesel engine, kind of like the hybrid cars do now to charge when under heavy load or periods of clouds or no sun. If you could get the seed money, I'm sure you could create it. Hell electric motors need maintenance too.
boats already ustilize solar battery chargers, but solar panneles needed too charge batteries that could run engines would be to large heavy and cumbersome for boats. not to mention the fact that the electric motors would be much bigger than the standard gas or diesel engines already there. from a weight and space standpoint it couldnt work yet maybe in the future. if a silent boat run by electric was possible, ikm sure the navy would have it already.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
boats already ustilize solar battery chargers, but solar panneles needed too charge batteries that could run engines would be to large heavy and cumbersome for boats. not to mention the fact that the electric motors would be much bigger than the standard gas or diesel engines already there. from a weight and space standpoint it couldnt work yet maybe in the future. if a silent boat run by electric was possible, ikm sure the navy would have it already.
I'm late to the game. Apparently it already exist...although not very feasible. It says top speed with electric motor propulsion is 4 knots, albeit silently. I'm sure the Navy probably has something in the works.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Geauxst you any good at video editing?
I can do cutting splicing your typical make a video stuff but not so much with the changing of imagry or quality to explain if you took a lot of videos where you messed up or wanted it compiled I could take it and do like riptrippers does and put all the good parts in a smooth video but if you wanted a cool intro with CGI etc I'm not that good on that end

T

Taver13

I can do cutting splicing your typical make a video stuff but not so much with the changing of imagry or quality to explain if you took a lot of videos where you messed up or wanted it compiled I could take it and do like riptrippers does and put all the good parts in a smooth video but if you wanted a cool intro with CGI etc I'm not that good on that end
nothing crazy, pretty much exactly what you were talking about there, i really have no clue what im doing when it comes to that stuff. definatly get you credit with that too

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think you could work on my boat for me @Taver13?
TFw0yKO.jpg

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You could use that site Fiverr to have an intro made pretty cheaply. That's where a lot of folks get them made from what I read.
Yeah true... I don't believe you need all that though... If you were a fortune 500 company I can see going balls to the wall with FX but big thing is having a good clean quality video

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah true... I don't believe you need all that though... If you were a fortune 500 company I can see going balls to the wall with FX but big thing is having a good clean quality video
You can have it made for $5-$20...that's not balls to the wall. I think a good intro goes a long way. It's all part of the branding aspect. You don't want to start with just a guy in front of a camera talking. Look at all of the well known reviewers.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can have it made for $5-$20...that's not balls to the wall. I think a good intro goes a long way. It's all part of the branding aspect. You don't want to start with just a guy in front of a camera talking. Look at all of the well known reviewers.
I didn't mean the pricing being the issue I see the ones with what I call splash screen a to be over doing it but in saying that I agree it shouldnt start with a guy say ...sup I'm reviewing...... But what I was looking at as a start up was a compilation of video fading in and out with music as a simple intro short sweet and a good use of the cut videos

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't mean the pricing being the issue I see the ones with what I call splash screen a to be over doing it but in saying that I agree it shouldnt start with a guy say ...sup I'm reviewing...... But what I was looking at as a start up was a compilation of video fading in and out with music as a simple intro short sweet and a good use of the cut videos
I can agree with that. At the end you should splice in some of his screw ups too. Haha. I think that dude Twisted420 had a whole video like that...it was just his screw ups...funny as hell.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can agree with that. At the end you should splice in some of his screw ups too. Haha. I think that dude Twisted420 had a whole video like that...it was just his screw ups...funny as hell.
Yeah blooper reels are always popular you could throw them at the very end for a bonus conte t after credits like a lot of Pixar movies do

T

Taver13

that was my thoughts exactly

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i was thinking that, and since my youtube chane, is the mental mechanic, give it a mechanic theme, like dripping my juice from lets say, a tranny fluid bottle or something like that. have snapshots of all the places im vaping the product during the testing week ect...
Yeah just need to find a gimmck or catch phrase and give real reviews on the products seems to be the key to a good reviewer but once you get setup let me know we can work something out

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I enjoy Rips videos with the broken clips it keeps me watching. I usually stop watching the ones that are straight up just talking. Imo most ppl that are really into vaping are add , adhd, or some form of old and have small attention sp....squirrel..ans. but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I enjoy Rips videos with the broken clips it keeps me watching. I usually stop watching the ones that are straight up just talking. Imo most ppl that are really into vaping are add , adhd, or some form of old and have small attention sp....squirrel..ans. but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...
Yeah I love that fast pace choopy effect definitely a grabber

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I enjoy watching RIP's video reviews, but only on products I'm interested in. I don't watch each and every one he does. When I first got into vaping I used to watch PBusardo's videos...damn that man makes some long as reviews. :)

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I enjoy watching RIP's video reviews, but only on products I'm interested in. I don't watch each and every one he does. When I first got into vaping I used to watch PBusardo's videos...damn that man makes some long as reviews. :)
Isn't he the one that reviews the wooden dick mod

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heads up to the DIY'ers in here:

"One Stop DIY Shop, LLC is moving to Colorado!

Moving Sale!
One Stop DIY Shop will be moving from MN to Colorado, we will be closing the store May 5th and reopening by May 15th.
We need to reduce inventory for the move. Some things will not be replenished until after the move so get what you need for the summer now!
Use coupon code MOVING to save 18% off everything except kits and items in special deals until our MN closing day on May 5th, 2015.
This is our greatest coupon ever!
It’s the perfect time to stock up and get some juice made for the summer!"

I wonder why they're moving to Colorado? Hmm... :rolleyes:

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, what the heck is going on with the site. Now I am not getting notifications and missed a whole page. This is irritating :mad: :eek:

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heads up to the DIY'ers in here:

"One Stop DIY Shop, LLC is moving to Colorado!

Moving Sale!
One Stop DIY Shop will be moving from MN to Colorado, we will be closing the store May 5th and reopening by May 15th.
We need to reduce inventory for the move. Some things will not be replenished until after the move so get what you need for the summer now!
Use coupon code MOVING to save 18% off everything except kits and items in special deals until our MN closing day on May 5th, 2015.
This is our greatest coupon ever!
It’s the perfect time to stock up and get some juice made for the summer!"

I wonder why they're moving to Colorado? Hmm... :rolleyes:

I could not imagine why lol must be our mountains......it's gone just crazy out here. You should see the house market and rent out here, it's crazy...

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find if I check every 3-4 I keep getting them all day but if it goes past that I stop receiving them... But that's also on taptalk not emails...they just suck as notifications I was getting emails about comments made at 12 noon like 8 pm last night when I would get them at all it skipped so many... I just send them to spam now

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could not imagine why lol must be our mountains......it's gone just crazy out here. You should see the house market and rent out here, it's crazy...
Really? Homes being bought up off the market and rent is increasing? Is that what you're saying? Other than that, do you think the recreational legalization is hurting in anyway? Just curious.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find if I check every 3-4 I keep getting them all day but if it goes past that I stop receiving them... But that's also on taptalk not emails...they just suck as notifications I was getting emails about comments made at 12 noon like 8 pm last night when I would get them at all it skipped so many... I just send them to spam now

I had a weird conflict going on with taptalk so I had to delete it, I would lose true type fonts and could not use the happy faces when I was logged into taptalk. Strange, was driving me crazy a few days

D

Donald Bickers

I had a weird conflict going on with taptalk so I had to delete it, I would lose true type fonts and could not use the happy faces when I was logged into taptalk. Strange, was driving me crazy a few days
I take it that was a short drive:eek:

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's why they do updates and its had a lot lately

VU Sponsors