Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On a side note just got an authentic dark horse for 15$ ^.^ not sure if I'll like it but that's an authentic for the clones price I'm not bitching

D

Donald Bickers

Is that hug-a-kid bs that has created the hoodlums we have now.....lol

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...
GNlK6iWt.jpg

T

Taver13

i w
I got thrown into a unique billet as an MR with SpecWar and they trained me on this obscure German engine so when I left the navy that little certification landed me a job as a diesel mechanic and been doing it ever since....8 years now. When were you in?
i was a diesel mechanic on boats before during and now again, lol, got out in 2010. i was on the bonhomme richard, lhd6 out of san diego

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taver how's the mod comin?

On a side not, I ordered a waterproof 1tb external hard drive that will be at my doorstep tomorrow! :)

D

Donald Bickers

im just glad I make bulk for myself,,,,im just down to my last 45ml bottle of walnut,,,,,,and I aint about to run out of my walnut

D

Donald Bickers

Taver how's the mod comin?

On a side not, I ordered a waterproof 1tb external hard drive that will be at my doorstep tomorrow! :)
my camera system has 1tb memory built in,i got 8 cameras and can record all of them for 2 weeks nonstop

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made a couple. One is too strong. Can I just add some more PG or VG to make it better? Total newbie question I KNOW.

I probably take to long to make a tiny batch but when I do a recipe I been doing like %2 under what's called for, sample vape and adjusting, I have completely ripped some apart and replaced flavors I though would taste better. Is that bad me lol I add nic last. Still trying to find my system but I am a pain to myself :)

D

Donald Bickers

Yes. I have a notebook that I keep notes on each batch I make. I bought glass bottles for the PG/VG. I left the nicotine in the plastic bottle.
it will be fine in plastic,,,,,i was just saying what I do,i like mine refridgerated,but that's just me

D

Donald Bickers

I probably take to long to make a tiny batch but when I do a recipe I been doing like %2 under what's called for, sample vape and adjusting, I have completely ripped some apart and replaced flavors I though would taste better. Is that bad me lol I add nic last. Still trying to find my system but I am a pain to myself :)
there really is no specific order to put things in,,,,i do ,,,,Nic,PG,VG,and then my flavors,,,,but you just do what makes you comfortable

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made a couple. One is too strong. Can I just add some more PG or VG to make it better? Total newbie question I KNOW.
If you want to dilute the nic content too, just use the same ratio you want your juice to be. If you want 50/50 juice, mix half vg and half pg and dilute it.
If you want to keep the same nic content, just mix a flavorless batch including your preferred nic amount, and dilute on increments of 1 ml, until it gets better.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Heather Another think you may want to also, is pre mix you pg, vg and nic. So when it comes time to make a recipe, you only have to measure your base once, instead of three individual components of your base.

D

Donald Bickers

If you want to dilute the nic content too, just use the same ratio you want your juice to be. If you want 50/50 juice, mix half vg and half pg and dilute it.
If you want to keep the same nic content, just mix a flavorless batch including your preferred nic amount, and dilute on increments of 1 ml, until it gets better.
good point,,,,I was trying to think how to tell her that,good job pauly

D

Donald Bickers

@Heather Another think you may want to also, is pre mix you pg, vg and nic. So when it comes time to make a recipe, you only have to measure your base once, instead of three individual components of your base.
but you will still need to use your juice calculator and just ad nic,vg,and pg amts together for total amt,and then add flavorings,,,,,I have a hard time wording things,,,,,i hope she understands what I said

Last edited by a moderator:

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats a good idea. I never thought about that.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I make like 200ml of premixed base at a time. I make mine at 6%nic at whatever pgvg ratio my pg nic base + vg ends up being
The best part is, when I go to my calculator, which is this one http://www.e-liquid-recipes.com/create
I dont have to fuck with typing in my nic percentage, my intended ratio, or anything else. I just leave the calculator at zero nic and 100%pg, and input my flavorings percentages. It makes my life much easier.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Heather ,@Cruel-Phate ,I want you 2 to know when you ask questions and I answer,these are just my opinions from what works good for me,nothing is set in stone,,i have no doubt you guys will make good mixoligist very soon ,just take your time and it will come to you
I couldnt agree more.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Heather ,@Cruel-Phate ,I want you 2 to know when you ask questions and I answer,these are just my opinions from what works good for me,nothing is set in stone,,i have no doubt you guys will make good mixoligist very soon ,just take your time and it will come to you

I appreciate help from all you guys, lady's....I think having a good taste for the flavors is the hardest part...I need to sniff coffee beans or something after I test smell them heh. Some recipes are good the way they are but I get to thinking and the mad scientist comes out

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate help from all you guys, lady's....I think having a good taste for the flavors is the hardest part...I need to sniff coffee beans or something after I test smell them heh. Some recipes are good the way they are but I get to thinking and the mad scientist comes out
My biggest problem is flavor association. Some people can taste flavors standalone and know what to put with what, and make awesome flavors that taste like food. I have a big problem with this. Also, I cannot taste vanilla in anything. No matter what vanilla I use, it never tastes like it to me.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My biggest problem is flavor association. Some people can taste flavors standalone and know what to put with what, and make awesome flavors that taste like food. I have a big problem with this. Also, I cannot taste vanilla in anything. No matter what vanilla I use, it never tastes like it to me.

In a nut shell that's what I think my problem is to...I can taste them once there together but based off of smell I get confused what food types would go good...that's why I do nic last so I can taste it lol
I should not be having that problem, I love cooking

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive heard people compare diy mixing to cooking, but its not that way for me. Its more like experimental flavor chemistry. Figuring out strengths, percentages, flavor profiles and combinations is alot harder than cooking. Im great at putting foods and spices together, concentrated flavorings are a different animal.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive heard people compare diy mixing to cooking, but its not that way for me. Its more like experimental flavor chemistry. Figuring out strengths, percentages, flavor profiles and combinations is alot harder than cooking. Im great at putting foods and spices together, concentrated flavorings are a different animal.
Yes there it is. I think it is combinations that you don't think and have to learn-- right vendors of certain flavors or like putting a bit of raspberry with strawberry to bring out the strawberry taste. Using ap with tobacco flavors etc. it is a learning curve...

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just ordered a pile of flavorings, "it's going to blank my mind trying to figure out something with so much to choose from :) Maybe I will do better if I am hungry and don't eat that night :D

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes there it is. I think it is combinations that you don't think and have to learn-- right vendors of certain flavors or like putting a bit of raspberry with strawberry to bring out the strawberry taste. Using ap with tobacco flavors etc. it is a learning curve...

There are alot of flavors that are completely intuitive and work just as you think they will. Others, you use a drop or two too much and your recipe is wrecked, leaving alot of questions.
It takes alot of time and experimentation to figure this out. But it always feels good to make something right.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make like 200ml of premixed base at a time. I make mine at 6%nic at whatever pgvg ratio my pg nic base + vg ends up being
The best part is, when I go to my calculator, which is this one http://www.e-liquid-recipes.com/create
I dont have to fuck with typing in my nic percentage, my intended ratio, or anything else. I just leave the calculator at zero nic and 100%pg, and input my flavorings percentages. It makes my life much easier.
The only problem with that is each recipe calls for different amounts of flavoring which means you won't ever be at truly 6mg NIC. That's fine if you're mixing for yourself and you aren't trying to raise or lower NIC level. There's a lot more involved to premixing base if you want to be more accurate. I don't find it difficult to mix at the time of making the juice. Also, I read somewhere that you should put in NIC, then flavors, then PG, then VG for better mixing of things. I follow that method myself, and my NIC is in PG base. If you think about it, it makes it easier for the PG, NIC, and flavoring to mix (since most flavors are PG base) together, then adding the VG last, and either stir with a stirrer or shake the hell out of it to mix the PG and VG. To each his own I guess. Just remember that premixing the base, you should premix it to a NIC level slightly higher than your target, because adding flavors is going to lower the NIC level...sometimes considerably. If it's a recipe that calls for 18-25% flavor, your NIC just got cut by that same amount. If it's a recipe with FA flavors, and only calls for 6-8% flavor, not so bad. My point is...if you're using a premixed base mixed to a certain target NIC level, then your final bottle of juice NIC level will vary from recipe to recipe. Myself I like to keep my NIC level the same regardless of the recipe. In my opinion that's a bad suggestion to someone just starting DIY, but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Donald Bickers

The only problem with that is each recipe calls for different amounts of flavoring which means you won't ever be at truly 6mg NIC. That's fine if you're mixing for yourself and you aren't trying to raise or lower NIC level. There's a lot more involved to premixing base if you want to be more accurate. I don't find it difficult to mix at the time of making the juice. Also, I read somewhere that you should put in NIC, then flavors, then PG, then VG for better mixing of things. I follow that method myself, and my NIC is in PG base. If you think about it, it makes it easier for the PG, NIC, and flavoring to mix (since most flavors are PG base) together, then adding the VG last, and either stir with a stirrer or shake the hell out of it to mix the PG and VG. To each his own I guess. Just remember that premixing the base, you should premix it to a NIC level slightly higher than your target, because adding flavors is going to lower the NIC level...sometimes considerably. If it's a recipe that calls for 18-25% flavor, your NIC just got cut by that same amount. If it's a recipe with FA flavors, and only calls for 6-8% flavor, not so bad. My point is...if you're using a premixed base mixed to a certain target NIC level, then your final bottle of juice NIC level will vary from recipe to recipe. Myself I like to keep my NIC level the same regardless of the recipe. In my opinion that's a bad suggestion to someone just starting DIY, but that's just my opinion.

that's why I posted this

that's why I posted this

but you will still need to use your juice calculator and just ad nic,vg,and pg amts together for total amt,and then add flavorings,,,,,I have a hard time wording things,,,,,i hope she understands what I said

do you understand what I mean here RZA

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
do you understand what I mean here RZA
I understand what you are saying here...I was referring to Pauly telling her to premix her PG, VG, and NIC to a certain level. That would be fine if you're vaping flavorless. Soon as you add flavors to that mix though, the NIC level is going to drop, as is the PG/VG ratio going to change. So since each recipe calls for different amounts of flavors, if you're shooting for a target NIC, PG, or VG level, you're going to have to add more NIC and more VG or PG each time. That them defeats the purpose of premixing the base. If you're doing it fly by night and don't really care about levels and ratios, then go for it. To me it's just as simple to pull up a recipe, measure out NIC, flavors, PG, and VG... it really is pretty simple. I do my mixing by weight these days, so it's much easier than the old syringe/pipette method, but even when I used those, I still mixed each bottle one ingredient at a time. It takes like 5 minutes to mix a bottle, and 10 minutes to clean syringes and shit. Is that more clear? Poor @Heather, I'm sure we're confusing the shit out of her now. I'm just trying to help her get good at mixing is all though. Heather if you have any questions about what I said, let me know.
I'm about to jump off here for the night everyone. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. :)

D

Donald Bickers

I understand what you are saying here...I was referring to Pauly telling her to premix her PG, VG, and NIC to a certain level. That would be fine if you're vaping flavorless. Soon as you add flavors to that mix though, the NIC level is going to drop, as is the PG/VG ratio going to change. So since each recipe calls for different amounts of flavors, if you're shooting for a target NIC, PG, or VG level, you're going to have to add more NIC and more VG or PG each time. That them defeats the purpose of premixing the base. If you're doing it fly by night and don't really care about levels and ratios, then go for it. To me it's just as simple to pull up a recipe, measure out NIC, flavors, PG, and VG... it really is pretty simple. I do my mixing by weight these days, so it's much easier than the old syringe/pipette method, but even when I used those, I still mixed each bottle one ingredient at a time. It takes like 5 minutes to mix a bottle, and 10 minutes to clean syringes and shit. Is that more clear? Poor @Heather, I'm sure we're confusing the shit out of her now. I'm just trying to help her get good at mixing is all though. Heather if you have any questions about what I said, let me know.
I'm about to jump off here for the night everyone. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. :)

night man,see you tomorrow

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just going to buy say cookies, whip it in the blender, stir it into my pg-vg-nic and I will have a perfect cookie vape lol defiantly lot of controversy on best way to mix heh just saying :D

D

Donald Bickers

Yeah man. Did that make more sense to what I was saying though?

yea that made sense,,,,i should have said "to keep the percentages the same" in my post ,,,it would been more clear to

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just going to buy say cookies, whip it in the blender, stir it into my pg-vg-nic and I will have a perfect cookie vape lol defiantly lot of controversy on best way to mix heh just saying :D
Haha. Let me know how that comes out for you. :) Its not really controversy, it's more a question of how accurate you want to be. It's like making a cake following a recipe...when it calls for 2 cups sugar, 1 cup flour, and a tablespoon of vanilla are you going to measure it or eyeball it? Say you premix those, but the next cake calls for 3 cups sugar, 2 cups flour, and 3 tablespoons of vanilla...your premix will work, but you need to add more sugar, flour, and vanilla. Then what was the point of premixing? Premixing a base is fine, but you have to realize what you are doing, and how it's going to affect each recipe you make. Thus why I said I wouldn't recommend that to a newbie starting off. Personally I would never do it. Diluting your NIC is one thing, premixing your PG, VG, and NIC is a whole other.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha. Let me know how that comes out for you. :) Its not really controversy, it's more a question of how accurate you want to be. It's like making a cake following a recipe...when it calls for 2 cups sugar, 1 cup flour, and a tablespoon of vanilla are you going to measure it or eyeball it? Say you premix those, but the next cake calls for 3 cups sugar, 2 cups flour, and 3 tablespoons of vanilla...your premix will work, but you need to add more sugar, flour, and vanilla. Then what was the point of premixing? Premixing a base is fine, but you have to realize what you are doing, and how it's going to affect each recipe you make. Thus why I said I wouldn't recommend that to a newbie starting off. Personally I would never do it. Diluting your NIC is one thing, premixing your PG, VG, and NIC is a whole other.

They need to make some sort of digital tool/sensor that you add few drops of your final product that tells you the exact readings of everything once it's mixed...that would be useful. Maybe they do, who knows

VU Sponsors