Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol I remembered the og tanks had issues but couldn't remember what they were, thanks for the info guys :) so far no leaks or anything just a coil burnt out but have a spare. My sister in law needed $ for rent and asked me. To my knowledge it didn't really leak much/if at all but I'll definitely keep an eye out. Mainly wanted the ipv but figured it wasn't to bad of a deal. Though I haven't been able to get the touch fire switch to wanna work but it's not something that's a deal breaker lol . I wanna switch it to magnets though for sure

T

Taver13

Lol I remembered the og tanks had issues but couldn't remember what they were, thanks for the info guys :) so far no leaks or anything just a coil burnt out but have a spare. My sister in law needed $ for rent and asked me. To my knowledge it didn't really leak much/if at all but I'll definitely keep an eye out. Mainly wanted the ipv but figured it wasn't to bad of a deal. Though I haven't been able to get the touch fire switch to wanna work but it's not something that's a deal breaker lol . I wanna switch it to magnets though for sure
the stock coil heads are actually really easy to rebuild, rip has a good video on it

T

Taver13

the tank itself doesnt really have the needed airflow for builds lower than .5 i tried on the rba portion, it just cant keep up, also wicking with the stock heads becomes an issue that low as well, the wick holes could be drilled bigger, did that on my smok vapor chaser and it worked well

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet I'll have to check it out, can they handle less than the .5 ohm builds?
I'd be careful doing that...some people have had problems with burning the little rubber insulator/grommet on the bottom...especially common in the rebuilt coils because the stock heads us NR-R-NR wire, so they don't get as hot down there.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dunno, never went that low, i only ever really rebuild them for the wife and she runs at 1.2-1.6 you cant use anything thicker than 26 gauge either. i rebuild the coils in my nano around .7, but im using nichrome so its a different ballgame in that aspect
I prefer that 1.2-1.6ohm range on my Subtank Mini...the difference between it and .5ohm is just the .5ohm goes through juice way faster and doesn't taste as good. That's just my opinion though...YMMV.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there kayfun coaches... I know there are a few in here, what do I need to know about kayfuns? I know they are more restricted in air flow than an Atlantis but I'm thinking about trying one any boot camps for them lol. Top tips...

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the stock coil heads are actually really easy to rebuild, rip has a good video on it

Kanger tanks just hate me, I never had luck with them, started with the kanger protank 2 mini's, I could not even rebuild the current subtanks without them leaking. I don't think I will ever buy them again, "just throw them in the trash" heh maybe the kbox will be better than there tanks

D

Donald Bickers

Hey there kayfun coaches... I know there are a few in here, what do I need to know about kayfuns? I know they are more restricted in air flow than an Atlantis but I'm thinking about trying one any boot camps for them lol. Top tips...

Jim's a kayfun man,,,,i love my kayfuns,,,,,and if im not mistaken,tav has some to,,,,,so any questions ,,,there ya go

T

Taver13

don and jim are the experts here on them

D

Donald Bickers

did you get a kayfun moma

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Kanger tanks just hate me, I never had luck with them, started with the kanger protank 2 mini's, I could not even rebuild the current subtanks without them leaking. I don't think I will ever buy them again, "just throw them in the trash" heh maybe the kbox will be better than there tanks
They are easy to rebuild its not the coil head its the of tank that's the problem but anyway the kbox is solid simplistic but solid

Sent from my LabRatory

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are easy to rebuild its not the coil head its the of tank that's the problem but anyway the kbox is solid simplistic but solid

Sent from my LabRatory

The rebuild did not seem so bad and looking back I think I just cut the wick to short. But really, just to harsh for me, I never tried the 1.2 but that's about my range I am good with. Maybe I will try one of the other sub tank brands :)

D

Donald Bickers

Looking at one but not sure they are for me trying to figure that out. Are they finicky or leaky. They look pretty simple to build for the most part and I guess. How is best to wick them. Never had a TFA tank thingy like these

they are very easy to build on,,,if you use the navy nest style of wicking you should have no problem with leaking,flooding or dry hits,there are several vids on that wicking style,,,,i find on my kayfuns 1.0 to 1.5 are the prime spot ohm wise

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
they are very easy to build on,,,if you use the navy nest style of wicking you should have no problem with leaking,flooding or dry hits,there are several vids on that wicking style,,,,i find on my kayfuns 1.0 to 1.5 are the prime spot ohm wise
Thanks I will try that then. So you run on mechs or regulated then?

D

Donald Bickers

you can use either,,,,,,i generally use a mech for my kayfuns,,,,but they have seen regulated to

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The rebuild did not seem so bad and looking back I think I just cut the wick to short. But really, just to harsh for me, I never tried the 1.2 but that's about my range I am good with. Maybe I will try one of the other sub tank brands :)
If your used to 1.2 and you using juice that's good on that range going to .5 is gonna be harsh I found that out with attys you need milder flavored juice to sub ohm

Sent from my LabRatory

D

Donald Bickers

Do you lung hit and do you like a lot of air/draw. I find I can enjoy both now but still like clouds. Learning to appreciate flavor more.

I do mouth to lung hits,,,,and I like a more restricted airflow,,,,,Kayfuns are more for flavor than clouds,,,the way I build mine I get decent clouds,but its more flavor

D

Donald Bickers

quite the list for tfa
pineapple
caramel(original)
graham cracker (clear)
ry4(double)
peach(juicy)
butterscotch
Bavarian cream

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Taver13

What is ry1 and ry3?

there were several different formulas when they were coming up with the recepie, the 4th variation was the one they kept, this was back in the begining of vaping. there were alot of variations. no one actually knows the orginal recepie, they guy who knew it left whatever company it was then and took it with him. i actually have 2 mils left of that original ry4, 24mg 100percent pg. before vg was an option

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
there were several different formulas when they were coming up with the recepie, the 4th variation was the one they kept, this was back in the begining of vaping. there were alot of variations. no one actually knows the orginal recepie, they guy who knew it left whatever company it was then and took it with him. i actually have 2 mils left of that original ry4, 24mg 100percent pg. before vg was an option
Have you ever had ry1 or ry3?

T

Taver13

on a mech, i use a parallel 26 gauge, around .3-.4 i always uses 20/80. i tend to lean towards regulated with it, its possible to run duals in it as well, there are videos on how to do it on the v1 same idea here

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I might try the same build I use in my orchid, with 26ga nichrome.
I caught on to the orchid really fast, the lemo2 is a bit harder for me.

VU Sponsors