• Total voters

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Morning all! Getting ready to go play some disc golf with a buddy of mine :) gonna be rocking my Istick 50 grenade. Keeps me on my toes, since the issues with them started up I'm always ready to pull off the topper and toss the battery lolimage.jpg

T

Taver13

There's been some reports of them auto-firing, not firing, etc. I haven't had any problems with mine at all. I don't worry about it. Most people have said they had juice spill into it. To me, if you spill juice into the inside of a mod, you are bound to have some problems.
nothing a little contact cleaner cant help, or some pure grain alcohol

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nothing a little contact cleaner cant help, or some pure grain alcohol
Yep. I don't know...I read about some people having problems. I had the little not-firing problem in the very beginning, but was quickly able to attribute to not hitting the button squarely or holding it firmly enough...that was during the first week...haven't had any problems since then. I think of the popularity of this particular mod, and how many have been sold, and figure the error rate is a low margin. Like I said, I have no worries using mine, and it's my all-day device.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 19932 View attachment 19933
@RZAwora here is a main reason i wont leave, cant beat that view with a stick, in the first pic, the dirt to the left is where my pool was before sandy took it away, on the right was a garden built up with a deck, also, sandy took that
Definitely a nice view. :) That really blows that Mother Nature destroyed your shit that bad. Long Island was one of the hardest hit areas right? Did you get screwed on insurance payouts and shit? I remember you said you're trying to do most of the work yourself.

T

Taver13

Definitely a nice view. :) That really blows that Mother Nature destroyed your shit that bad. Long Island was one of the hardest hit areas right? Did you get screwed on insurance payouts and shit? I remember you said you're trying to do most of the work yourself.
yeah, i got dropped by my howmowners before i even had a chance to file a claim. fema only gave me 20,000 which covered basically my furnace and hot water heater. everything else im stuck with the bill. and to top it off, fema is going to start sending bills to recoup the money they gave out. bunch of fucking assholes they are

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, i got dropped by my howmowners before i even had a chance to file a claim. fema only gave me 20,000 which covered basically my furnace and hot water heater. everything else im stuck with the bill. and to top it off, fema is going to start sending bills to recoup the money they gave out. bunch of fucking assholes they are
That freaking sucks man, sorry to hear all that. So your homeowners dropped you before the storm is what you're saying? I thought if you were covered, then dropped at a later date after the storm, you could still make a claim based upon the date of the incident? The money FEMA gave was just a loan essentially?

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what issues are these, havent really checked up on em
Yep. I don't know...I read about some people having problems. I had the little not-firing problem in the very beginning, but was quickly able to attribute to not hitting the button squarely or holding it firmly enough...that was during the first week...haven't had any problems since then. I think of the popularity of this particular mod, and how many have been sold, and figure the error rate is a low margin. Like I said, I have no worries using mine, and it's my all-day device.

Yeah, what he said. There's been a couple reports of them going nuclear too. It's still my all day device too, I'm just more careful about being sure I'm around when it's charging and removing the atty when I'm not using it. TBH it's not the perfect mod to me but it's what I've got for now so I'm going to baby it and hope it survives til I can afford to get a Sig 100+ and a grip of new batteries for it lol

T

Taver13

That freaking sucks man, sorry to hear all that. So your homeowners dropped you before the storm is what you're saying? I thought if you were covered, then dropped at a later date after the storm, you could still make a claim based upon the date of the incident? The money FEMA gave was just a loan essentially?
the insurance company dropped me days after the storm. happened to alot of people, and the insurance companys did away with it and the governement let them get away with it. and the money from fema was a grant, and now they are crying that there is no money incase something else happens (sounds like bullshit to me) and now the grants are loans that need to be payed back. i really hope that it does not go down that route, thousands around here are still trying to get back on their feet, and asking something like that is ridiculous

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the insurance company dropped me days after the storm. happened to alot of people, and the insurance companys did away with it and the governement let them get away with it. and the money from fema was a grant, and now they are crying that there is no money incase something else happens (sounds like bullshit to me) and now the grants are loans that need to be payed back. i really hope that it does not go down that route, thousands around here are still trying to get back on their feet, and asking something like that is ridiculous

Well I'm not a fan of legal enterprise in general. That said, there must be lawyers making careers out of holding insurance companies liable for property they did insure when Sandy delivered her wrath. Seems you need to search out one of these legal types that is successful. Homeowners here on the gulf coast is outrageous, but we live in a tropical storm/hurricane corridor so we pay what they demand. Sounds like the insurance companies up there did not collect in advance and have tried to cut out on the risk you paid them to weather.

Vape related ... I finally pulled the trigger on the Continental Black Oak kit from Angelcigs. Time for me to shop for some 26650s.

T

Taver13

Well I'm not a fan of legal enterprise in general. That said, there must be lawyers making careers out of holding insurance companies liable for property they did insure when Sandy delivered her wrath. Seems you need to search out one of these legal types that is successful. Homeowners here on the gulf coast is outrageous, but we live in a tropical storm/hurricane corridor so we pay what they demand. Sounds like the insurance companies up there did not collect in advance and have tried to cut out on the risk you paid them to weather.

Vape related ... I finally pulled the trigger on the Continental Black Oak kit from Angelcigs. Time for me to shop for some 26650s.
i have legals in the works involving alot of this stuff, but these insurance companys have major moolah and are trying to drag it out til either i give up or run out of money. vaperelated, im jealous, i have been wanting one of those for a while now...

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear that as well. Sounds like bullshit to me. The claim should be able to still be processed though, although now it might be too late since we're talking a couple years now. However, I would think that since you were insured on the date of loss, they should have to pay. I'm sure you've tried, and I hope consulted with an attorney or two. That is complete bullshit though that they were able to get away with that for whatever reason.

T

Taver13

Sorry to hear that as well. Sounds like bullshit to me. The claim should be able to still be processed though, although now it might be too late since we're talking a couple years now. However, I would think that since you were insured on the date of loss, they should have to pay. I'm sure you've tried, and I hope consulted with an attorney or two. That is complete bullshit though that they were able to get away with that for whatever reason.
theres a bunch of scam companies, like New York Rising that popped up, taking donations, promising people they would rebuild there homes, now, years later, those people have gotten nothing, and it all went into the pockets of new york rising, its fucking disgusting if you ask me

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
00eda480464e0574beec5f405fa7f05a.jpg

HA! I knew there was something to this whole turbine fan RDA thing I had a feeling it wouldn't just be a fad... Seems like upon further review they has found that creating turbulence inside and RDA helps with vapor and flavor production... Now all the neigh sayers can suck it!!!.... Pun intended

Sent from my LabRatory

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So ... back to the Black Oak Mod ... what gives?

Here are links to clones at three different vendors:

http://www.angelcigs.com/black-oak-style-mods-26650-mechanical-mod.html?feedback=1

http://focalecig.com/Product/Black-Oak-Style26650-Mechanical-ModSilver-24087

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2190600

Now, only Angelcigs claims the mod is built from 316 Stainless ... I hope this is correct since they now have my money. Only Focal claims the connections are silver plated ... while their pics show an uncoated copper 510 pin. And, Fasttech seems to think I'll give them $10 over market for the privilege of waiting an extra 3 weeks to have it in my hands. Note that it says ships in 7 days plus my estimated 2 weeks to receive it after they have shipped.

I'm new to Angelcigs ... should I abandon hope that this clone will actually be 316 SS? Living on the coast, I can give up a little conductivity (304 is more conductive and therefore will "hit" harder) for a more durable finish (the higher carbon content in 316 makes it harder and more resistant to corrosion). I actually pulled the Angelcigs trigger 'cause they are shipping from their USA warehouse, so I'm not going to lose sleep. But, I would have pulled the Focal group buy trigger had I not been broke when that opportunity presented itself.

Finally, @Taver13 yeah on the long time. If you look at the message board push for Fasttech to offer this mod, you'll find me posting and sending product requests starting last year when it showed up on alibaba. I'm risking a bit of dissapointment 'cause this has been my unicorn mod for awhile.

If you're still reading ... anybody ... tell me about 26650s. I now have 4 coming from Ebay ... 2 purple and 2 green Efests. I'm a little nervous about them 'cause my 18650 Efests are my flashlight batteries ... I stopped using them in mods some time ago. But, they are spec'd much better than the comparably prices MNKEs - what are you using?

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

http://www.angelcigs.com/black-oak-style-mods-26650-mechanical-mod.html?feedback=1

Now, only Angelcigs claims the mod is built from 316 Stainless ... I hope this is correct since they now have my money. Only Focal claims the connections are silver plated ... while their pics show an uncoated copper 510 pin. And, Fasttech seems to think I'll give them $10 over market for the privilege of waiting an extra 3 weeks to have it in my hands. Note that it says ships in 7 days plus my estimated 2 weeks to receive it after they have shipped.

I'm new to Angelcigs ... should I abandon hope that this clone will actually be 316 SS? Living on the coast, I can give up a little conductivity (304 is more conductive and therefore will "hit" harder) for a more durable finish (the higher carbon content in 316 makes it harder and more resistant to corrosion). I actually pulled the Angelcigs trigger 'cause they are shipping from their USA warehouse, so I'm not going to lose sleep. But, I would have pulled the Focal group buy trigger had I not been broke when that opportunity presented itself.

Finally, @Taver13 yeah on the long time. If you look at the message board push for Fasttech to offer this mod, you'll find me posting and sending product requests starting last year when it showed up on alibaba. I'm risking a bit of dissapointment 'cause this has been my unicorn mod for awhile.

If you're still reading ... anybody ... tell me about 26650s. I now have 4 coming from Ebay ... 2 purple and 2 green Efests. I'm a little nervous about them 'cause my 18650 Efests are my flashlight batteries ... I stopped using them in mods some time ago. But, they are spec'd much better than the comparably prices MNKEs - what are you using?
Depends on the person that clones it that's the bad thing with clones like the hammer mod has 5 different clones so you might want to check who clones it for each it might be different people for each one which would explain the different stats

Sent from my LabRatory

T

Taver13

i have a purple and 4 greens on the way from the bay myself, i havent had a damn problem with the purple, and i run under .1 on a single

T

Taver13

i have noticed that angelcigs probobly has the best quality clones i have seen compared to others

@Geauxst the turbulance causing more vapor and flavor still not buying, same idea as those tornadoes they sell to put in your air intake. "it makes turbulance to aid in combustion and creat more power" didnt work there, same theory here, im calling bullshit on that claim they are making

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HA! I knew there was something to this whole turbine fan RDA thing I had a feeling it wouldn't just be a fad... Seems like upon further review they has found that creating turbulence inside and RDA helps with vapor and flavor production... Now all the neigh sayers can suck it!!!.... Pun intended

Sent from my LabRatory

I hope you are correct. The turbulence thing was debunked in automotive intakes where I first saw it. And, they've got twisty spirals in the miller light long neck bottles which seem to do little more than look cool in the right lighting. So ... I'm just not ready to "suck" anyderned thing yet. This said, I do respect that you enjoy your fan'd RDA. Heck, I just accidentally learned how to make thicker clouds by carb'g the driptip while inhaling.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh,,,,please explain

I generally use my lips to form a seal on the drip tip when inhaling. If, instead, I allow air to enter without forming a seal ... clouds are thicker. I've actually seen some drip tips which have air intake holes which I refer to a carbs, and I now suspect that their function is creating thicker clouds.

T

Taver13

I hope you are correct. The turbulence thing was debunked in automotive intakes where I first saw it. And, they've got twisty spirals in the miller light long neck bottles which seem to do little more than look cool in the right lighting. So ... I'm just not ready to "suck" anyderned thing yet. This said, I do respect that you enjoy your fan'd RDA. Heck, I just accidentally learned how to make thicker clouds by carb'g the driptip while inhaling.
i have a drip tip with an adjustable carb on it, thing is pretty cool

T

Taver13

I generally use my lips to form a seal on the drip tip when inhaling. If, instead, I allow air to enter without forming a seal ... clouds are thicker. I've actually seen some drip tips which have air intake holes which I refer to a carbs, and I now suspect that their function is creating thicker clouds.
you suspected correct

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well the best way I can describe it is kinda like the miller bottles your talking about but I always refer too a slow draining sink if you let standing water drain it takes forever but if you swirl the water it seems to help it along ... With the RDA it seems to allow the vapor to move easier leaving the RDA allowing for a denser vapor I'm not sold on more vapor production quite 100% yet but I'd say I'm about 75% there I do notice better flavor on the same builds in normal rda and the vapor doesn't seem as heated

I've even gone as far as using a piece of kanthal to stop the fan blade from spinning and there is a slight yet noticeable difference can't wait to try this nuke RDA out maybe the 2 extra fans with show a bigger change in quality but as usual lab rat I'll let y'all know

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This normally works with the tighter air flow attys bit one with bigger airflow don't work so well like Atlantis 2.0 actually reduces if you carb it like your saying
d0a0283d72f5a695055c6fd5fd12ccde.jpg

Sent from my LabRatory

D

Donald Bickers

i have a drip tip with an adjustable carb on it, thing is pretty cool
if I would have thought back to my wonder years ,,,,,,I would have known what you were referring to,when you said carbs,,,,,that must have been in the burned out section of the brain

D

Donald Bickers

I have a 12 horse on my dynamark,,,,its my backup mower,i put an 8 inch pulley on the back and a three inch pulley on the front,,,,,basically just swapping sizes back and forth,,,,,but it will do 28mph,,,,i had a buddy follow me down the road and tell me how fast it was goin,,,,on a rider 30 mph feels like almost 100mph

T

Taver13

yea its a 10.5 briggs,,,,I got a bargain on it,,,,bought 3 of them for 50 bucks
damn, why dont i ever run into deals like that
I have a 12 horse on my dynamark,,,,its my backup mower,i put an 8 inch pulley on the back and a three inch pulley on the front,,,,,basically just swapping sizes back and forth,,,,,but it will do 28mph,,,,i had a buddy follow me down the road and tell me how fast it was goin,,,,on a rider 30 mph feels like almost 100mph
dude, thats ridiculous, just goes to show what a little gear ratio change can do. best thing you can do for a camaro is chage the gear ratio...i dont know how i feel about hitting 28 on a mower man, that must feel weird

D

Donald Bickers

HA! You know what I bought with my first credit card ever? A sigelei 150!
Yea, I got my first credit card at 33yrs old, but Im glad I screwed my credit at a young age. Now, at least Ill make the payments.
I like my paypal line of credit,,,,its not a lot ,500 bucks,but anything I buy over 99 bucks I have 6 months to pay it off with no interest,,,,comes in very handy

VU Sponsors