Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters
D

Donald Bickers

So if you unscrew that 510 connection, there is a flat piece soldered to the mod and this flat piece. There is a black plastic piece around that flat piece.... What is that called?

Sent from my Momabear headquarters...
need pics to say for sure

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday the 12th. I will be in the hospital for a few days to a week. I usually am on the internet a lot during that time because there is absolutely nothing to do except rest. So it should not interfere with the box because I just had it and will not be due to get it again for awhile.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday the 12th. I will be in the hospital for a few days to a week. I usually am on the internet a lot during that time because there is absolutely nothing to do except rest. So it should not interfere with the box because I just had it and will not be due to get it again for awhile.
I put you on our prayer list. There are ppl all over the world praying for your healing Hunni...it will be ok and we will be here for you...

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The black insulator under the 510 piece that screws in? If that is what you are talking about, the notch is supposed to be there for where the wires go down to the control panel.
Its the delrin insulator between the battery lead disc and the top cap it looks like a bottle cap with a hole drilling into it its missing about 1/3 of one side allowing the mod to auto fire she needs a new delrin insulator cap

Sent from my LabRatory

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry you have to go through it, but hopefully you will feel better. It takes awhile to heal up from that surgery. First time I had it done I was in the hospital for 3 weeks (there was some complications) second time it was only 7 days. The reversal isn't as bad, both times I was out in 5-6 days. I'll pray for you. If you think of any more questions, you know how to reach me.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its the delrin insulator between the battery lead disc and the top cap it looks like a bottle cap with a hole drilling into it its missing about 1/3 of one side allowing the mod to auto fire she needs a new delrin insulator cap

Sent from my LabRatory
So I guess what she's asking is where can she get zna 50 parts or replacement delrin pieces

Sent from my LabRatory

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It pushed that flat plate down against the side of the mod and auto fired it, got pretty hot lol but because of the design it was easy for me to unscrew the bottom lol. I have it in a good spot right now, but I was looking to replace the insulator.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my LabRatory
The insulator is fine, the "missing" piece isn't missing, it is a cut out for the wires going to the center disc, and needs to be aligned in that spot. The wires go through the little upside down "U". That insulator protects it from touching the sides and shorting out.

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The insulator is fine, the "missing" piece isn't missing, it is a cut out for the wires going to the center disc, and needs to be aligned in that spot. The wires go through the little upside down "U". That insulator protects it from touching the sides and shorting out.
Exactly but its not an upside down "U" its an upside down bfdnfagjscbjhxxbjfdvnhfxvjf

Sent from my LabRatory

Geauxst

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
9f37efebdd444652fdb34b8dafc76269.jpg
maybe this is a better description

Kinda hard to explain and I'm sure she's not wanting to remove it cause its working currently

Sent from my LabRatory

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It pushed that flat plate down against the side of the mod and auto fired it, got pretty hot lol but because of the design it was easy for me to unscrew the bottom lol. I have it in a good spot right now, but I was looking to replace the insulator.

Hmm. I'm not sure I'm understanding. If the center plate touched the sides, it would short + to - and probably vent the battery. You're saying it's auto-firing? To me that sounds like a short between the very bottom, which would be the + from the battery, and the center disc. Possibly where the wires are soldered to the disc itself. Is that coming in contact with the very bottom? Me thinks it would have to be if you're saying it's auto-firing.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
9f37efebdd444652fdb34b8dafc76269.jpg
maybe this is a better description

Kinda hard to explain and I'm sure she's not wanting to remove it cause its working currently

Sent from my LabRatory
Okay, yeah it definitely shouldn't look like that. It's not a perfect U, but it should look more like this on the one side:Untitled.jpg

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put a battery in to try it out and it worked awesome so I wanted to change from my tank to a dripper atty, and the insulator came loose, so I put it back. When I attached to arty and put in a battery... Every time I connected the bottom piece it fired continuously. So I pulled it all out and put it back together until I got it to work and it worked fine, I set it down and when I came back, it had literally boiled all the juice out of the tank and it was burn your hand hot thank goodness it's designed the way it is because I could easily unscrew the bottom part and took out the battery unscrewed the atty and let everything cool. Then every time I connected an arty or tank it said check atty. I have it the way you said with the u over the wires. Prob just me...

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a Robot zna 50, but this is what it looks like with 510 adaptor removed. View attachment 19968

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the insulator wasn't working properly, then the mod would short + to - when the fire button is hit, it wouldn't cause it to auto fire. That could only be caused by the bottom of the plate coming in contact with the very bottom of that recess or opening where the plate is contained in (the one you can see into in Jim's pic).

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I have pics:
1a4e289d34dd525c75bfc2a433e9d9d4.jpg

This is when u unscrew the 510 connection
174cf900fb3265be4e00e068f4c71ada.jpg

The insulator doesn't fall out, but is not hard to take out
5332ce9b66c6424d29e6ca18a32df067.jpg
this is the thing
948a7458303c027c8c4a1576040bc112.jpg

Is this how it is supposed to look that's why I thought it was broken...

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put a battery in to try it out and it worked awesome so I wanted to change from my tank to a dripper atty, and the insulator came loose, so I put it back. When I attached to arty and put in a battery... Every time I connected the bottom piece it fired continuously. So I pulled it all out and put it back together until I got it to work and it worked fine, I set it down and when I came back, it had literally boiled all the juice out of the tank and it was burn your hand hot thank goodness it's designed the way it is because I could easily unscrew the bottom part and took out the battery unscrewed the atty and let everything cool. Then every time I connected an arty or tank it said check atty. I have it the way you said with the u over the wires. Prob just me...

That's not good at all...it is not of any use if it's auto-firing and quite dangerous. I never had any problems with it, wonder why it would do it now? I have to run out for a few...I'll be back after awhile. Like I said, the only thing I can think of is that the bottom of the center plate is contacting the bottom of that cavity (which would cause auto-fire because bottom of that cavity is + of battery). Try putting something non-conductive under the center plate, put insulator back in place with the notch going over the wires (notch facing the fire button), screw back together and see if it still happens. If that insulator was not working, like I said, it wouldn't auto-fire, it would short when fire button was pressed.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's not good at all...it is not of any use if it's auto-firing and quite dangerous. I never had any problems with it, wonder why it would do it now? I have to run out for a few...I'll be back after awhile. Like I said, the only thing I can think of is that the bottom of the center plate is contacting the bottom of that cavity (which would cause auto-fire because bottom of that cavity is + of battery). Try putting something non-conductive under the center plate, put insulator back in place with the notch going over the wires (notch facing the fire button), screw back together and see if it still happens. If that insulator was not working, like I said, it wouldn't auto-fire, it would short when fire button was pressed.
Ok thanks. See you in a bit

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I have pics:
1a4e289d34dd525c75bfc2a433e9d9d4.jpg

This is when u unscrew the 510 connection
174cf900fb3265be4e00e068f4c71ada.jpg

The insulator doesn't fall out, but is not hard to take out
5332ce9b66c6424d29e6ca18a32df067.jpg
this is the thing
948a7458303c027c8c4a1576040bc112.jpg

Is this how it is supposed to look that's why I thought it was broken...

I don't remember it looking exactly like that, but it's been quite some time since I looked at it. I thought the cut-out was a lot smaller. I'm not sure who it was made by or what clone it was, I will look for purchase history when I get back. Whether or not it is supposed to look like that, I don't know. However, there would need to be a cut-out for the wires that go to the center plate, it couldn't just be flat all the way across. The problem, I think, is what I said, that center plate contacting the bottom of the cavity. I'm at a loss otherwise. I know House of Hybrids sells parts for them, and I think they will even service a clone, but only to replace the board with an original. I'm not 100% on that, you'd have to look into it. That sucks that it is giving you problems, because that was an awesome little mod. I used it a ton when I was bed-ridden. Ever since I've been able to get up and about, I didn't really like it because of the weight of it.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok thanks. See you in a bit

I guess it's also possible that the board itself went bad? I just did some reading from a Google search of "ZNA50 auto-fire" and read that it has been caused by a faulty board on some others. Another one that said the board changed positions from hitting the button down to hard. Maybe something happened inside the mod during shipment? I'm not sure, I'd like to try and help though, but I'm at a loss now after reading those. Have to run out now, be back later. Hopefully you can get it figured out one way or another.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't remember it looking exactly like that, but it's been quite some time since I looked at it. I thought the cut-out was a lot smaller. I'm not sure who it was made by or what clone it was, I will look for purchase history when I get back. Whether or not it is supposed to look like that, I don't know. However, there would need to be a cut-out for the wires that go to the center plate, it couldn't just be flat all the way across. The problem, I think, is what I said, that center plate contacting the bottom of the cavity. I'm at a loss otherwise. I know House of Hybrids sells parts for them, and I think they will even service a clone, but only to replace the board with an original. I'm not 100% on that, you'd have to look into it. That sucks that it is giving you problems, because that was an awesome little mod. I used it a ton when I was bed-ridden. Ever since I've been able to get up and about, I didn't really like it because of the weight of it.
I have it evidentially in the place it should go cause it's not doing it and is fine once I get it in that spot. Will just need to check it when i take attys off and on. It is a fine box mod and I thank you for it please don't think I'm b*tching about it. If I'm going to use them I need to know how to take care of little things like this... I absolutely love it. It fits my hands and I personally like the weight. My last three fingers are numb to varying degrees and I often drop things so it is just right to grip. I just wanted to understand why and make sure it wasn't the user that was the problem...it was lmbo. I am really happy with it thank you.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have it evidentially in the place it should go cause it's not doing it and is fine once I get it in that spot. Will just need to check it when i take attys off and on. It is a fine box mod and I thank you for it please don't think I'm b*tching about it. If I'm going to use them I need to know how to take care of little things like this... I absolutely love it. It fits my hands and I personally like the weight. My last three fingers are numb to varying degrees and I often drop things so it is just right to grip. I just wanted to understand why and make sure it wasn't the user that was the problem...it was lmbo. I am really happy with it thank you.

By user error I assume you mean blond hair?

VU Sponsors