Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters
T

Taver13

of course the kids are home today. its not even snowing, its fucking icing.

T

Taver13

Can't slipping and falling be just as much fun as making a snowman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YES! it Is! just as much fun as chewing glass. its not the slipping and falling that sucks, its our awful pulic works system. its an ice skating rink out there, and i havent seen one sander or salter yet. tried to move the truck out of the driveway, even with 4x4 on went absolutly nowhere

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YES! it Is! just as much fun as chewing glass. its not the slipping and falling that sucks, its our awful pulic works system. its an ice skating rink out there, and i havent seen one sander or salter yet. tried to move the truck out of the driveway, even with 4x4 on went absolutly nowhere
If you don't have to get out, don't. Although hibernation can suck after 10 minutes too.

T

Taver13

If you don't have to get out, don't. Although hibernation can suck after 10 minutes too.

cabin fever kills me, its not me that it is bad for though, its the three year old, he's autistic, and when he dosent got to school, he has no outlet for his energy. the benefit of having my own business is i dont have to go to work if i dont want too, i am going to go chop the ice off my porch though and se3 how things are out there...as soon as this coffee is done

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, for sure, just let me know...I can give you my insight....like every city, there are certain area's you just do not want to move into :) So many fun things to do here :)

Awesome man! We're looking at a few different places for apartments. I think we're aiming for the south side/englewood area. One of the spots were looking at is on Broadway across the street from Snooze (so damn tasty)

Do you know any good b&m vape shops in town? My wife is looking to get a job in a good shop, even if they're not actively hiring right now she's got tons of retail/inventory experience (and she looks damn good lol) so I don't think she'll have any trouble finding a position.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being stuck inside sucks IMO. The only good thing about snow is being able to get out and play in it. I have two little ones, daughter will be 2 in a few weeks, and my son is 5-1/2. Nothing better than watching them get out there and have some fun in it. We live really close to the ocean, and the winds coming off the water usually push everything away. So 20 or 30 miles in-land will get snow, but we won't. We are lucky if we get more than one or two snowfalls a winter worth talking about, and that's fine with me. If I want snow I can always take a vacation to the mountains for a weekend or something.

T

Taver13

Being stuck inside sucks IMO. The only good thing about snow is being able to get out and play in it. I have two little ones, daughter will be 2 in a few weeks, and my son is 5-1/2. Nothing better than watching them get out there and have some fun in it. We live really close to the ocean, and the winds coming off the water usually push everything away. So 20 or 30 miles in-land will get snow, but we won't. We are lucky if we get more than one or two snowfalls a winter worth talking about, and that's fine with me. If I want snow I can always take a vacation to the mountains for a weekend or something.
wow, it just goes to show how long islands weather patterns are screwed up, i literally live like a mile from the ocean, and im on the water, and we get hit just as hard if not harder than inland with snow, then again, i believe long island is only like 30 miles from shore to shore north and south. i do enjoy hooking up my dog to the sled and pulling the kid around in the snow, the 13 year old could care less about going out in the snow. today, is not a day i would want the little one outside, i see broken bones in the future if i let him out

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ben, what's your fave mech, and why?

Well I only have two and have tried two of my brothers. I personally own a Copper Anarchist and a Midnight Paragon V2. Out of those two the anarchist with recessed button (no locking ring) is hands down my favorite, hits hard and threads are nice and long. The Paragon gets a quick hot button at low ohms (where I like to be) but has a very smooth recessed button with locking ring; doesn't hit as hard either.

Of my brothers SS Nemesis and copper Manhattan the Manhattan with magnetic button hands down wins. Hits just as hard if not harder than my Anarchist and button so sooo smooth. The Nemesis, like the Paragon, gets a hot button and gets hot at the halfway connection on the tube, plus I hate that you have to use the locking ring to set it down vertically.

So between the Anarchist and the Manhattan I can't really tell ya, because I've hit his Manhattan multiple times, but it's never been my ADV so I'm not going to claim I like it better. So as of right now, it's my copper Anarchist!

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cabin fever kills me, its not me that it is bad for though, its the three year old, he's autistic, and when he dosent got to school, he has no outlet for his energy. the benefit of having my own business is i dont have to go to work if i dont want too, i am going to go chop the ice off my porch though and se3 how things are out there...as soon as this coffee is done
Sorry to hear about the Autism. We do a large over-the-top Christmas display at our home. One of of the charities we collected for last year was Autism Speaks. Our neighbor has two autistic children, and they are my favorite kids on the block.

T

Taver13

Sorry to hear about the Autism. We do a large over-the-top Christmas display at our home. One of of the charities we collected for last year was Autism Speaks. Our neighbor has two autistic children, and they are my favorite kids on the block.

they are definatly very fun children, its almost like nothing bothers them most of the time. they are very happy. everyone loves him, and everyone know him, he is so outgoing and friendly, and i think he is smarter than me, lol. he knows how to work my pohone better than i do

T

Taver13

for what its worth, the SMPL, in copper is my favorite mech. hits like a truck, no seams, hybrid top, short recessed button, its absolutly wonderful,

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I only have two and have tried two of my brothers. I personally own a Copper Anarchist and a Midnight Paragon V2. Out of those two the anarchist with recessed button (no locking ring) is hands down my favorite, hits hard and threads are nice and long. The Paragon gets a quick hot button at low ohms (where I like to be) but has a very smooth recessed button with locking ring; doesn't hit as hard either.

Of my brothers SS Nemesis and copper Manhattan the Manhattan with magnetic button hands down wins. Hits just as hard if not harder than my Anarchist and button so sooo smooth. The Nemesis, like the Paragon, gets a hot button and gets hot at the halfway connection on the tube, plus I hate that you have to use the locking ring to set it down vertically.

So between the Anarchist and the Manhattan I can't really tell ya, because I've hit his Manhattan multiple times, but it's never been my ADV so I'm not going to claim I like it better. So as of right now, it's my copper Anarchist!
Never tried the anarchist. One if my issues was locking before setting down. Never had one with recessed button, but wouldn't mind one fir back-up.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for what its worth, the SMPL, in copper is my favorite mech. hits like a truck, no seams, hybrid top, short recessed button, its absolutly wonderful,
Does SMPL stand for simple? lol because that's definitely what it looks like, plain jane lol

T

Taver13

Does SMPL stand for simple? lol because that's definitely what it looks like, plain jane lol
yep thats exactly it. and thats why i love it, also why i patina'd it, to plain, but probobly the best performer i havde ever used. and ive tried quite a bit.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really like the copper simpl. I wonder how long copper threads last for normal adv wear and tear.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep thats exactly it. and thats why i love it, also why i patina'd it, to plain, but probobly the best performer i havde ever used. and ive tried quite a bit.
Hmm... interesting... especially since it's a recessed button, I HATE having to lock it before setting it down!

T

Taver13

I really like the copper simpl. I wonder how long copper threads last for normal adv wear and tear.
had mine for a while, and it was my daily driver til i got into regulated, no issues with threading at all, all my mods have been copper and never had threading issues

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
had mine for a while, and it was my daily driver til i got into regulated, no issues with threading at all, all my mods have been copper and never had threading issues
The only thing about the Anarchist is the tube threading is copper, and the top cap and button threading are SS, but the atty connection is copper and the button connection is brass

T

Taver13

The only thing about the Anarchist is the tube threading is copper, and the top cap and button threading are SS, but the atty connection is copper and the button connection is brass
to many metal mixes there

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My son is on the autism spectrum. Aspergers, actually and is like that too... Life without the emotional connection to ppl is so much simpler and drama free. I remember when he was that age though...it was so hard , meltdowns and constantly having to be behind him-- he was fearless. But he has taught me so much, ppl just don't understand what it is like unless they have lived it.
they are definatly very fun children, its almost like nothing bothers them most of the time. they are very happy. everyone loves him, and everyone know him, he is so outgoing and friendly, and i think he is smarter than me, lol. he knows how to work my pohone better than i do

T

Taver13

i a big fan of the 4nine too, but the button is moody, and there are too many seems for a hybrid topped mod...as you can tell, i love me some hybrid tops

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i a big fan of the 4nine too, but the button is moody, and there are too many seems for a hybrid topped mod...as you can tell, i love me some hybrid tops
I've looked into a 4nine as well... and what exactly does hybrid top mean?

T

Taver13

My son is on the autism spectrum. Aspergers, actually and is like that too... Life without the emotional connection to ppl is so much simpler and drama free. I remember when he was that age though...it was so hard , meltdowns and constantly having to be behind him-- he was fearless. But he has taught me so much, ppl just don't understand what it is like unless they have lived it.
your definatly right, he does have a crazy bond with his mother though, he is very much a momas boy, his actios completly change when he is around her

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So it's basically a 510 connector with a hole in it? lol I guess that would only work on certain mods with certain batteries then? (like flat top vs. button top)

T

Taver13

So it's basically a 510 connector with a hole in it? lol I guess that would only work on certain mods with certain batteries then? (like flat top vs. button top)
yes, 510 with a hole, it can work with either battery depending on the mod, and as long as the positive pin sticks out below the threading of the atty it will work. most attys now have an adjustable pin so they can work

T

Taver13

with the hybrid connection, there is alot less voltage drop so it hits muuuuuuch harder

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes, 510 with a hole, it can work with either battery depending on the mod, and as long as the positive pin sticks out below the threading of the atty it will work. most attys now have an adjustable pin so they can work
Yeah, my Dark Horse has a pin, but it's what keeps the positive post from spinning so I keep that sucker night and snug :p

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with the hybrid connection, there is alot less voltage drop so it hits muuuuuuch harder
Yeah I can imagine! In some mods I've seen a screw that screws towards the atty, then a screw coming out of that screw towards the battery, I thought that about that type especially!

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what is everyone favorite/most used RDA at the moment
Dark Horse! I love the huge drip tip option and the air flow can be wide open! Only other one I've used is the Lethali I just bought, haven't quite figured it out yet...

T

Taver13

magma :D only have 2 to choose from though and IMO the Magma blows the TOBH atty out of the water.
ive had all of these, and the vertex v1 is my winner, it took me monthsof trading around to find the one i like. i got a derringer coming from fasttech, and i think i may like that even better, one of the smallest chambers around, next to the v1 vertex with the flavor ring installed, so the flavor should be incredible

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't get past the ease of building and dripping on the Dark Horse... Especially when I'm driving... just grab the juice, drip right inside the wide mouth tip and not have to worry about taking off the top or anything...

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't get past the ease of building and dripping on the Dark Horse... Especially when I'm driving... just grab the juice, drip right inside the wide mouth tip and not have to worry about taking off the top or anything...

I'm thinking of trying out a Dark Horse or Mutation with the wide bore drip tip once I get my Sig100+ I've heard good things about both!

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ive had all of these, and the vertex v1 is my winner, it took me monthsof trading around to find the one i like. i got a derringer coming from fasttech, and i think i may like that even better, one of the smallest chambers around, next to the v1 vertex with the flavor ring installed, so the flavor should be incredible
My wife wants a derringer! Definitely let me know how you like the clone! I'm not a huge fasttech fan these days but I've got a credit with them (for their screwing up every order I've ever placed) and the wife likes the look of the derringer :D

T

Taver13

I'm thinking of trying out a Dark Horse or Mutation with the wide bore drip tip once I get my Sig100+ I've heard good things about both!
had both, got rid of em both, got a dark horse back, now trying to trade it off again, lol, single coil small chamber is just where its at for me, dont really care bout the clouds much anymore

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like I said, I've only tried my DH and my Lethali, but man do I love my DH! After I opened her up all the way, I've tried to cut back the air flow again with a regular drip tip, or half opened, and I just can't do it... I miss that airflow way to much! She's only gotten better as I've worked my way down in ohms... currently at 0.26 and very happy with it! I think I might try around a 0.15 and call it quits tho lol

T

Taver13

My wife wants a derringer! Definitely let me know how you like the clone! I'm not a huge fasttech fan these days but I've got a credit with them (for their screwing up every order I've ever placed) and the wife likes the look of the derringer :D
will do!

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
had both, got rid of em both, got a dark horse back, now trying to trade it off again, lol, single coil small chamber is just where its at for me, dont really care bout the clouds much anymore
If anyone has a RDA very similar to the Dark Horse (lots of air flow) that they're wanting to get rid of let me know... I'd be more than happy to try and work something out!

VU Sponsors