"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick question, how do you all feel about the purple efest batteries? I have a pair of VTC5's but with @Taver13 making me a dual 18650 box, I now need a backup pair... my brother happens to have a pair of the purple ones he doesn't use...

For me, there pretty descent batteries that stay charged better half of the day on a single battery box mod....I use Efest IMR 18650 LiMn 2500mAh Battery - Flat Top - 35 Amp

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used PayPal to pay for stuff buying inline, but never actually setup an account. Am doing it now. isnt thus a little odd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422981075.319810.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422981075.319810.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My phone or VU is duplicating everything I do.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My phone or VU is duplicating everything I do.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
who's got single coil rta's out there im looking to trade for some

I've got a double of the Pallas Rose V2 clone. It's a GREAT RTA. When my brass derringer top lands and I'm sending the Brass SMPL tube, the Eclipse brass topcap and the Derringer brass topcap for your magic ... I'll throw the Rose V2 in the box for your enjoyment.

I have two because it was my go to before the Kanger Subtank Mini displaced them on my Kato. Folks say they are difficult to build on, but ... I found them to be great starter RTAs. My first truly successful builds were in the Rose V2s.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick question, how do you all feel about the purple efest batteries? I have a pair of VTC5's but with @Taver13 making me a dual 18650 box, I now need a backup pair... my brother happens to have a pair of the purple ones he doesn't use...
I use mine daily at .26-.3 ohms daily , both on my mech and in the dual 18650 parallel MOSFET box that I made...the purples hold up great and rarely get warm....and I chain vape all the time

T

Taver13

I've got a double of the Pallas Rose V2 clone. It's a GREAT RTA. When my brass derringer top lands and I'm sending the Brass SMPL tube, the Eclipse brass topcap and the Derringer brass topcap for your magic ... I'll throw the Rose V2 in the box for your enjoyment.

I have two because it was my go to before the Kanger Subtank Mini displaced them on my Kato. Folks say they are difficult to build on, but ... I found them to be great starter RTAs. My first truly successful builds were in the Rose V2s.
awesome man sounds good, did you order the deringer from fasttech? i got one coming from them, and the mini erlkonigen, but it will be quite some time before they arrive

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

@BenJammin, I would plan on marrying a pair of batteries for a dual unreg box. Unless your brother has already married them or he has never used them, you may be better off starting fresh with a brand new pair. You can search marrying batteries for all the buzz regarding why you want them married, but the short of it is that when you have a pair of batteries sharing a load, you're better off using batteries with matched strength and stamina. To continue battery chemistry changes over the life of the battery and the best success in performance and battery life will come when the batteries aren't bickering over whose responsibility it is to fire your mod.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep but if you can spring for it I recommend the Samsung 25-r's their like $16-18 a pair and last me the whole day
Really? A 20A battery for 0.25ohm builds?

@BenJammin, I would plan on marrying a pair of batteries for a dual unreg box. Unless your brother has already married them or he has never used them, you may be better off starting fresh with a brand new pair. You can search marrying batteries for all the buzz regarding why you want them married, but the short of it is that when you have a pair of batteries sharing a load, you're better off using batteries with matched strength and stamina. To continue battery chemistry changes over the life of the battery and the best success in performance and battery life will come when the batteries aren't bickering over whose responsibility it is to fire your mod.
Hey thanks for that! I've heard a lot about that. They should be close in strength and stamina as he did exactly what I did... run a battery til the volts are lower than we like our vape, then swap... So I'm sure they are exact obviously, but they should be close... they will be good for a backup for now....

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
awesome man sounds good, did you order the deringer from fasttech? i got one coming from them, and the mini erlkonigen, but it will be quite some time before they arrive

Yes. The deringer already has a weeks travel time on it, so it should be landing on the west coast shortly. But the brass cap only started the trip yesterday so prolly 2 weeks.

I may be the only one on this box that has experienced this phenomenon; however, vape mail and shipping from China have probably done more to improve my patience than the 40+ years of experience that preceded the vape mail thing. Heck, maybe it's just tracking USPS in general, but I probably have a half dozen unfired mods or atties just waiting for me to get the urge to play with'm. Those plus three additional packages of incoming vape mail to add to my in-case-of-boredom kit. My Fasttech and Focal wishlists are more active than my Amazon wishlist.

T

Taver13

Yes. The deringer already has a weeks travel time on it, so it should be landing on the west coast shortly. But the brass cap only started the trip yesterday so prolly 2 weeks.

I may be the only one on this box that has experienced this phenomenon; however, vape mail and shipping from China have probably done more to improve my patience than the 40+ years of experience that preceded the vape mail thing. Heck, maybe it's just tracking USPS in general, but I probably have a half dozen unfired mods or atties just waiting for me to get the urge to play with'm. Those plus three additional packages of incoming vape mail to add to my in-case-of-boredom kit. My Fasttech and Focal wishlists are more active than my Amazon wishlist.
i dont even know what amazon is anymore, lol

D

Donald Bickers

I've used PayPal to pay for stuff buying inline, but never actually setup an account. Am doing it now. isnt thus a little odd?

no its not odd,this is what they do,,,,,its all good man

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No.

Well damn... two of the three guys in my office are 37ish and the other is 25, I'm 24. Older two are each married and we're each in a relationship and she's living with us. For a while there they would always give us hell, telling us our wives will be different, fun, like you, etc. then after a while they realized we both might as well be married because we have it just as hard as they do lol. the 25 year old sent just emojis to his gf:
Untitled.png
She responded "No"

One of the 37 yr olds decided he would try it with his wife... she responded with "Omg we're getting a cat?!"

So the other one had to try it too and she said "You better believe I want that Untitled1.png "
He said "What?"
She responded with "That hot beef injection!"
He took off work 2 hours early! lol

TRUE STORY! Just happened yesterday!

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? A 20A battery for 0.25ohm builds?

Your thinking of the samsung 20-r not the 25-r's and I was trying to type fast(end of break and works being super strict on time lately) I meant to put.27 not that it's a huge difference but still.. Also on a parallel each battery takes half the load, so it's not as taxing on one single battery. But I do run around the same for drippers on my mech with no problems and for that I switch between a vtc3, and 2 effest purples

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I just seen on 3 different sites that 25r is 20A output lol

• Brand: Samsung
  • Model: INR18650-25R
  • Size: 18650
  • Nominal Capacity: 2500mAh
  • Discharge: 20A
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.7v
  • Positive: Flat
  • Protected: No
Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh Battery - Flat Top
Manufacturer's Specs:

• Flat Top
  • Nominal capacity: 2500 mah
  • Max Continuous Rated Discharge: 20 amps (at 25 degrees C)
  • Nominal voltage: 3.6v
  • After a fresh charge: 4.2v
  • Cycle info: Capacity drops to 60% after 250 full charge/discharge Cycles
  • Don't discharge below: 2.5v
  • Standard Charge: CC/CV @ 1 amp / 4.20 volts +/- .05v, 100 mA cut-off
  • (Max) Rapid Charge: CC/CV @ 4amps / 4.20 volts +/- .05v, 100 mA cut-off
  • Impedance: 22.15 +/- 2 milliohms
  • Weight: 45g
  • Height: 64.85 +/- 0.15mm
  • Diameter: 18.33 +/- 0.07mm
  • Operational Charging Temperature Range: 0 to 50 degrees C (best below 45 degrees C)
  • Operational Discharging Temperature Range: -20 to +75 degrees C (best below 60 degrees C)
  • You can store them for 1.5 years at -30 to + 25 degrees C, 3 months at 30 to 45 C and 1 month at 30 to 60 C (in other words, store them in a cool place and they'll last longer)

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I just seen on 3 different sites that 25r is 20A output lol

• Brand: Samsung
  • Model: INR18650-25R
  • Size: 18650
  • Nominal Capacity: 2500mAh
  • Discharge: 20A
  • Nominal Voltage: 3.7v
  • Positive: Flat
  • Protected: No
Hmmmm well idk then man, I've been using them in married pairs in my box since I built it and no problems/venting or anything...been wanting to get some vtc 4's but moneys been tight.

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I ended up with a efest red 3.7 1500mah 10amp (I think) & a 26650 efest 3.7 3000mah 10-15amp (not sure)

I normally buy the Sony vtc brand which are 20-30amp cause I run the aspire and kanger tanks that require 20amps to run... so question... what can I use these batteries for I mainly have mech mods... no vv vw yet ... I just hate feeling like these thing are wasted

T

Taver13

So I ended up with a efest red 3.7 1500mah 10amp (I think) & a 26650 efest 3.7 3000mah 10-15amp (not sure)

I normally buy the Sony vtc brand which are 20-30amp cause I run the aspire and kanger tanks that require 20amps to run... so question... what can I use these batteries for I mainly have mech mods... no vv vw yet ... I just hate feeling like these thing are wasted
just dont build lower than .7 and they will be fine

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmmm well idk then man, I've been using them in married pairs in my box since I built it and no problems/venting or anything...been wanting to get some vtc 4's but moneys been tight.
No worries man, I'm not saying they're not, I'm just saying I'd have to do more research before I bought myself a set lol. I'm thinking about some MXJOs

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is there a method of figuring that out ... I have the vape cloud app with all the calculator on it do I put info from the batt to Come up with a coil I can build for it

VU Sponsors