Become a Patron!

"5.1 Now inactive"

Would you like to participate in PIF 5.0

• Total voters

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although the tracking says the delivery date is supposed to be today. The tracking says-
Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on February 21, 2015 at 11:37 am. There has been no update, so guess it's still in originating city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Usps tracking has been all kinds of fucked up lately , been pretty irritating

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning y'all!! Just a reminder, for anyone wanting to get into regulated mods, I have a SMOK BEC Pro 50w for sale. You can choose to control it from an app on your phone and see information in real time, or you can also control on the mod itself. Very good mod for a starter on regulated mods :)

Faust

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Taver13 tracking says package is out for delivery so probably get here this afternoon.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How are you liking the Goblin there @Taver13 ? How is it to fill? I like just about everything about the orchid except for fucking filling that thing lol, I've never had so much spilt/leaked juice from a single tank/RDA/RBA I've gotten better with it but it seems like every time I think I've got it figured out it starts leaking from somewhere else. Now the fill screw apparently has a slow leak, I left it on my mod overnight and there was a puddle underneath it when I took it off this morning.......

T

Taver13

How are you liking the Goblin there @Taver13 ? How is it to fill? I like just about everything about the orchid except for fucking filling that thing lol, I've never had so much spilt/leaked juice from a single tank/RDA/RBA I've gotten better with it but it seems like every time I think I've got it figured out it starts leaking from somewhere else. Now the fill screw apparently has a slow leak, I left it on my mod overnight and there was a puddle underneath it when I took it off this morning.......
the fill hole is HUGE! i dont think im ever going to use my orchids anymore. im not sure why your leaking so much, does it gurgle in the morning? if it does, its leaking out of the airholes. if not wicked exactly right this will happen. the orchid is a finikcy broad, but once you get her set up right its amazing!
2015-02-24 10.49.04.jpg

Faust

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yeah i love my orchid except for the leaks when filling. Mines a V1 so no bottom fill screw have to unscrew the top to fill.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the fill hole is HUGE! i dont think im ever going to use my orchids anymore. im not sure why your leaking so much, does it gurgle in the morning? if it does, its leaking out of the airholes. if not wicked exactly right this will happen. the orchid is a finikcy broad, but once you get her set up right its amazing!
View attachment 15328

I'm 99% sure it's coming from the fill hole on the orchid - the air holes are dry and it doesn't gurgle when it's been sitting. I noticed some leakage underneath yesterday when I was changing it out but I figured that it was just stuff accumulating from dripping out of the air channels. Is there an o-ring under the fill screw on the orchid?

T

Taver13

I'm 99% sure it's coming from the fill hole on the orchid - the air holes are dry and it doesn't gurgle when it's been sitting. I noticed some leakage underneath yesterday when I was changing it out but I figured that it was just stuff accumulating from dripping out of the air channels. Is there an o-ring under the fill screw on the orchid?
yes there should be an oring on the screw. are you missing it?

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got a bunch of various sized spare o-rings here at work, I'm sure I can find something to fit it!

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What type of wire do y'all use? Kanthol? NiChrome? G-Platt? and why do you like what you use over what you've tried?

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is kind of depressing, I was hoping the M80 temp control would work a lot better than this. Oh well, guess I'll be waiting for the next version and/or a better manufacturer that makes a temp control mod that's not $250+

What type of wire do y'all use? Kanthol? NiChrome? G-Platt? and why do you like what you use over what you've tried?

Just kanthal here though I'm thinking about getting some nichrome to try out. Supposedly it heats up and cools down faster than kanthal

Edit: G-Platt has manganese in it so I'm staying away from that!

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick question... if I wanted to mess around with a quad coil on my Dark Horse RDA (2 negative and 1 positive post), are there any certain things that must be done or avoided? like certain legs not touching or crossing another leg etc.?

Geauxst

A Banished Ghost of the Past
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Quick question... if I wanted to mess around with a quad coil on my Dark Horse RDA (2 negative and 1 positive post), are there any certain things that must be done or avoided? like certain legs not touching or crossing another leg etc.?
Quad coils are overrated singles is where it's at you just gotta perfect your coil like so

70d16ad56cfafa49f6aa4fe377e2f4a0.jpg

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quad coils are overrated singles is where it's at you just gotta perfect your coil like so

Need tripple likes, "that's awesome! :) :) I do double going on a plume veil 1.5 but other than that it's all single coil

Faust

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mostly 28awg Kanthal but also have some 20awg Nichrome. Keep meaning to pick up some other sizes but those 2 are all I have right now. Most of my builds are pretty simple dual coil 5 wrap each of the 28. It ohms out at .5 and thats what 90% of my stuff is built at.

Faust

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is kind of depressing, I was hoping the M80 temp control would work a lot better than this. Oh well, guess I'll be waiting for the next version and/or a better manufacturer that makes a temp control mod that's not $250+

I was about to order one of those the other day till i heard how much trouble people were having with the other Smok boxes. Glad I decided to skip it now.

T

Taver13

I was about to order one of those the other day till i heard how much trouble people were having with the other Smok boxes. Glad I decided to skip it now.
yep, im definatly pissed about mine

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@anendeloflorien ... re: your search for temperature protection. I'd take another look at the Vaporflask Clones. Several posters are reporting they prefer the clone temperature protection to the Evolv DNA temperature protection. CNY is coming to a slow close and you should be able to get one ordered before too long. $70 beats the crap out of $200+.

I got one but I opted for the 50W non temperature protected chip version. It has been dead nuts reliable and does the two things I was looking for well enough. It spreads the load to a parallel 18650 pair for long life,and it gives me up to 50W on demand.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I shall put one up in a few minutes, gotta grab camera. And yeah not cheap but worth it , was my 1 year anniversary cig free gift to myself(was actually jan 4th but didn't have the $ till taxes came in)

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@anendeloflorien ... re: your search for temperature protection. I'd take another look at the Vaporflask Clones. Several posters are reporting they prefer the clone temperature protection to the Evolv DNA temperature protection. CNY is coming to a slow close and you should be able to get one ordered before too long. $70 beats the crap out of $200+.

I got one but I opted for the 50W non temperature protected chip version. It has been dead nuts reliable and does the two things I was looking for well enough. It spreads the load to a parallel 18650 pair for long life,and it gives me up to 50W on demand.

Ahh yup I have heard good things about those. I generally like my electronic components to be authentic but I've seen a couple comparisons between the clone/authentic vapor flasks where besides some minor details with the hardware the clone chips outperformed the authentics.

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh yup I have heard good things about those. I generally like my electronic components to be authentic but I've seen a couple comparisons between the clone/authentic vapor flasks where besides some minor details with the hardware the clone chips outperformed the authentics.

Mmm kay ... well, I hope y'all see the humor in this, but ... if "authenticity of electronicity" floats your boat, @dre has offered to supply clone flasks with "authentical" DNA 40 chipworks refitted. IIRC, he's somewhere in the $150 range for such a device. He fried his clone chip and discovered the retrofit to authentic went smoothly. It'd be nice to play with temperature protection and I would ... 'cept'n a severe metal allergy thing has me slow on the nickel wire draw. My body attacks metal (cept'n Ti) pretty ferociously and I'm hesitant to risk nickel in my lungs.

T

Taver13

Mmm kay ... well, I hope y'all see the humor in this, but ... if "authenticity of electronicity" floats your boat, @dre has offered to supply clone flasks with "authentical" DNA 40 chipworks refitted. IIRC, he's somewhere in the $150 range for such a device. He fried his clone chip and discovered the retrofit to authentic went smoothly. It'd be nice to play with temperature protection and I would ... 'cept'n a severe metal allergy thing has me slow on the nickel wire draw. My body attacks metal (cept'n Ti) pretty ferociously and I'm hesitant to risk nickel in my lungs.
kinda like me with PG, anything higher than 20% in a mix does all sorts of weird shit too me. it sucks when an allergy cramps on your vaping style

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
kinda like me with PG, anything higher than 20% in a mix does all sorts of weird shit too me. it sucks when an allergy cramps on your vaping style

Me to, I order max VG, 50/50 seems OK, but PG makes my face itch and I get anxiety attacks :)

Dr3d

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I finally coiled and wicked my Derringer clone today for my first actually dripping experience. 24g single parallel coil build @ .3 ohm (yeah, another single coil goof) and she's firing nicely. I'm not extremely happy with the clone; the cap does not fit flush all the way around, but that's not a big deal since it works well enough that I can decide whether or not I like it enough to chase an authentical version.

Soon as I fired it up ... I broke the seal on the 6mg/ml juice I've had laying in wait ... the 12 I wet the wick with was more than I needed. I knew better, but I wanted a good excuse to crack the 6.

I'd post a pic, but @Taver13 has a patina project I'm confident will be much more impressive in a few short weeks. We'll just wait for the smexy.

T

Taver13

And I finally coiled and wicked my Derringer clone today for my first actually dripping experience. 24g single parallel coil build @ .3 ohm (yeah, another single coil goof) and she's firing nicely. I'm not extremely happy with the clone; the cap does not fit flush all the way around, but that's not a big deal since it works well enough that I can decide whether or not I like it enough to chase an authentical version.

Soon as I fired it up ... I broke the seal on the 6mg/ml juice I've had laying in wait ... the 12 I wet the wick with was more than I needed. I knew better, but I wanted a good excuse to crack the 6.

I'd post a pic, but @Taver13 has a patina project I'm confident will be much more impressive in a few short weeks. We'll just wait for the smexy.
nice my derringer should be here anytime. im going to set it up on the 18350 tube of that 4nine for a nice stealth dripper. i sanded up the pieces last night and am setting up the fume chamber a little later while i do surgery on the box mod. and finally putting in the silicone and getting the fucking cloupor out in the morning.

T

Taver13

i remember the first time i dripped 24mg.....went to 18 quickly after that and stayed there dripping for a while. i actually just went down to 4 mg from 5 today. (the benefit of making your own juice)

T

Taver13

Well guys I just sealed a trade for my SMOK. My SMOK and lethal rda for his brass v3 flip, chi you megan 318, 22650 battery, single battery charger, aerotank giant, dark horse and mutation x

I feel pretty good about it lol
good deal man, im working on a trade for my m65 for a copper akuma 26650 2 batteries and a black little boy

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vape mail arrived today. I received my zodist box and my siegelie (sp?) mini. I am going to try my Atlantis out on some new juice.

VU Sponsors