Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Meant to add with my last post, I think Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah is frickin' insane. I have driven on Lake Shore Drive, and there wasn't anything peaceful about it. The native Chicagoans (Chicagoites?) who drive on it all have numerous dents and scratches on their cars. People just move over when they feel like it, if you happen to be in the way they just assume you will back off to let them in since their car is all dinged up and yours (the out of towner) isn't.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Meant to add with my last post, I think Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah is frickin' insane. I have driven on Lake Shore Drive, and there wasn't anything peaceful about it. The native Chicagoans (Chicagoites?) who drive on it all have numerous dents and scratches on their cars. People just move over when they feel like it, if you happen to be in the way they just assume you will back off to let them in since their car is all dinged up and yours (the out of towner) isn't.
Sounds like Chicago :facepalm: every car has a dent they call it personality:rolleyes:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Time for chow be back in a few
I've been debating having a second bowl of my soup. I don't really need it, but it turned out pretty good for something that I just mashed together from multiple recipes. Of course my cats might not want to sleep too close to me, but if they say anything about the smell, I'll just remind them that I'm the one that has to clean the litter box so I don't want to hear them complaining about smells. :giggle:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am = We are

We are growing
-Margaret Singana

"While she was working as a domestic worker, Margaret Singana was discovered singing while cleaning.[2] Her employers were so impressed that they recorded her voice and sent the tape to a record company. The producers of the musical Sponono, written by Alan Paton, gave her a part as a chorus singer in 1964. "Singana" was an adaptation of her surname "M'cingana", meant to be easier for white people to pronounce." - Wikipedia

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"While she was working as a domestic worker, Margaret Singana was discovered singing while cleaning.[2] Her employers were so impressed that they recorded her voice and sent the tape to a record company. The producers of the musical Sponono, written by Alan Paton, gave her a part as a chorus singer in 1964. "Singana" was an adaptation of her surname "M'cingana", meant to be easier for white people to pronounce." - Wikipedia

I love the song. I first heard it on an African music program in Dallas, and called into the show to find out about it. Then I had to track down the movie Shaka Zulu and watch that. Stupendous movie too.

Never looked into any more of her music, but I'll do that now.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I spent a couple of weeks in Taipei for work once. All the cars were beat up. There were lines painted on the road, not that it meant anything to them. It was just move over when ever and then wave to the person you cut off. At stop lights there would be 3 lanes painted, 5 cars across, plus a flock of motor bikes. I didn't drive there, I just got in taxis, closed my eyes, and prayed.

VU Sponsors