Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope things are alright, I'll put her in my prayers my friend
Oh my, I hope all will be well with your daughter and your new grandbaby.
I'm praying for your daughter and grand child. I hope all is well.
Thanks you, I do appreciate it. I'll be sure to let you know of any developments. In the meantime killing Advent scum and their alien overlords is good stress relief.
1700452801613.png
Been awhile since I played XCOM 2. Maybe I'll name some of my soldiers after y'all.

She laid down so I am not gonna disturb here for a bit, needs all the rest she can get before takin the knifeo_O
And I'll be keeping you and your wife in my prayers.

:hug:to everyone

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
@SnapDragon NY , how are you feelin today my dear friend?:huh:
This has been a hard one for you to shake, I'd be afraid of what it would do to me:eek:
Just wanted to check in on you
Thanks @Jimi - I am doing better, yes I believe it was the flu, where I got it from I will never know. It has been the worst to get over it, haven't been this sick in years, in fact I am hardly ever sick. Gearing up for cooking Thanksgiving dinner- 16 people expected for a traditional turkey dinner. They are lucky I am feeling better or I would have had to cancel.
How are you and Jean doing? You are both in my prayers!

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
It's been fun playing, but I need to leave, try to clear my mind. My daughter just delivered 2 months early and that has me all kinds of concerned.
Congrats on your new grand daughter, what is her name?! They are in my prayers that everything will be alright!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks you, I do appreciate it. I'll be sure to let you know of any developments. In the meantime killing Advent scum and their alien overlords is good stress relief.
View attachment 210568
Been awhile since I played XCOM 2. Maybe I'll name some of my soldiers after y'all.

And I'll be keeping you and your wife in my prayers.

:hug:to everyone
Thank you my friend

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on your new grand daughter, what is her name?! They are in my prayers that everything will be alright!
Thanks, and actually it's a grandson. Named Asher...unusual name, but who am I to judge. I've never heard it before, outside of the Bible.
It might be a fairly common name among Jewish families though, since it is according to Genesis the name of one of Jacob's twelve sons from whom the Twelve Tribes of Israel originated.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am so glad r
Thanks @Jimi - I am doing better, yes I believe it was the flu, where I got it from I will never know. It has been the worst to get over it, haven't been this sick in years, in fact I am hardly ever sick. Gearing up for cooking Thanksgiving dinner- 16 people expected for a traditional turkey dinner. They are lucky I am feeling better or I would have had to cancel.
How are you and Jean doing? You are both in my prayers!
I am so glad to hear you are gettin better my friend, there is some nasty flu goin around. It's hard to tell where you pick up a bug like that, you just want it to go back there and leave you alone. Sometimes you get it off something you touch at the grocery store, So many people don't think twice about goin places when they are real sick and give it to many by what they touch. I know, you never have been sick since I have known you, well at least not sick like this. Sounds like you'll have a wonderful time for Thanksgivin, IMO family and friends comin together is part of the feast.
We are doin the best that could be expected, Jean is scared to death to have the surgery done and bein out for so long. They said she will have a long recovery time and she's worked up about that too, hard to keep her down like that. I try to encourage her but I think she can tell I am as scared as she is but I try not to let on. Still waitin to find out when surgery will be, they are havin a hard time schedulin that long of a surgery and the longer she waits the less she wants to have it done. It's been a real hand full.
Thank you for askin my dear friend:hug:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
I hope the day is treatin everyone well:)

fact
My philosophy is: What people say about me is none of my business.
I am who I am and do what I do.
I expect nothing and accept everything.
And that makes life easier.
We live in a world where funerals are more important than the deceased, marriage is more important than love, looks are more important than the soul.
We live in a packaging culture that despises content—
Sir Anthony Hopkins

May be art of horse and text

May be an image of text

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, and actually it's a grandson. Named Asher...unusual name, but who am I to judge. I've never heard it before, outside of the Bible.
It might be a fairly common name among Jewish families though, since it is according to Genesis the name of one of Jacob's twelve sons from whom the Twelve Tribes of Israel originated.

Asher is a beautiful name. The internet sez:

Asher is a Hebrew name that means happy or blessed. Asher is also an Old English surname that means "one who lives by an ash tree or ash grove." In Punjabi Sikh, Asher/Ishar is a name that means 'supreme God'.

Congratulations grandfather. So all is well?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We are doin the best that could be expected, Jean is scared to death to have the surgery done and bein out for so long. They said she will have a long recovery time and she's worked up about that too, hard to keep her down like that. I try to encourage her but I think she can tell I am as scared as she is but I try not to let on. Still waitin to find out when surgery will be, they are havin a hard time schedulin that long of a surgery and the longer she waits the less she wants to have it done. It's been a real hand full.
In spite of the trouble and worry Jimi, in a way Jean is the luckiest woman in the world because she has you.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations grandfather. So all is well?
For being two months early all is well. Feeding tubes, help breathing, NICU, but doing well. She had complications during her first pregnancy and was advised not to have another child. Of course she was also told she would never be able to get pregnant again without assistance (ie in vitro) so this pregnancy was a surprise.
Evidently she was having issues this time around too and knowing I'd be worried she didn't bother to tell me. Long story short, they had stopped premature labor twice in the past two weeks, and this time around said they needed to just go ahead and deliver for both of their well being. Not totally up to speed on everything but they felt her life and health was at risk in addition to the baby's.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of names, a story I heard awhile back seems fitting for a music thread.

"The story was broken by Kiwi filmmaker and metal fan David Farrier in a message to subscribers to his Webworm newsletter. Farrier then retold the story in a series of tweets."
"Proud to report that a New Zealand mother has named her children Metallica, Pantera and Slayer," wrote Farrier. 'She told me, ‘It’s not easy raising three of the heaviest bands.’ ”
"

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of names, a story I heard awhile back seems fitting for a music thread.

"The story was broken by Kiwi filmmaker and metal fan David Farrier in a message to subscribers to his Webworm newsletter. Farrier then retold the story in a series of tweets."
"Proud to report that a New Zealand mother has named her children Metallica, Pantera and Slayer," wrote Farrier. 'She told me, ‘It’s not easy raising three of the heaviest bands.’ ”
"
There's a YouTuber I look in on from time to time for grins. She named her baby girl Malibu Barbie.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Famed folklorist and musicologist, the late Alan Lomax, attributes "Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair" to Scottish origin, sometime during the 19th century. There's a line in the original version of the song: "I go to the Clyde to mourn and weep / But satisfied I could never sleep," referring to the River Clyde in Scotland. The folk tune made its way across the Atlantic, probably in the company of Scottish immigrants, many of whom settled in North Carolina and Appalachian America. The song was first collected by English folk music archivist, Cecil Sharp, who notated and recorded it during a 1916 trip to North Carolina, which he then published in his English Folk Songs of the Southern Appalachians (1917).

But it was Kentucky folksinger and collector, John Jacob Niles' variation of "Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair," which rooted itself in the traditional American folk music canon. At his father's request, Niles adapted the lyrics, which he set to a new melody, featured in his 1941 album, John Jacob Niles Sings American Folk Songs, and it's his version that has inspired countless artists since.

Still, the most famous version of them all, is Nina Simone's 1964 classic recording for the Philips label. In covering this timeless standard, successive artists have shifted the song's point of view back-and-forth to tell their own personal story, and, therein lies the beauty of "Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair": female vocalists sing this ballad to their men; the men dedicate it to their enamoradas.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
OMG why was I thinking a granddaughter? Congrats on your new grandson Asher- such an awesome name.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For being two months early all is well. Feeding tubes, help breathing, NICU, but doing well. She had complications during her first pregnancy and was advised not to have another child. Of course she was also told she would never be able to get pregnant again without assistance (ie in vitro) so this pregnancy was a surprise.
Evidently she was having issues this time around too and knowing I'd be worried she didn't bother to tell me. Long story short, they had stopped premature labor twice in the past two weeks, and this time around said they needed to just go ahead and deliver for both of their well being. Not totally up to speed on everything but they felt her life and health was at risk in addition to the baby's.
I'm glad both are doing well. Still in my prayers.

VU Sponsors