2bfc45a35eaff97ed902ca6958fc17a0.jpg

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy heavenly belated birthday Dr John
♥️

May be an image of 1 person and saxophone

May be an image of 3 people and guitar

Paul McCartney, Arthur Kelley (George's friend), George Harrison & John Lennon in their last days of John's group The Quarry Men
📸
It's kind of a mind blower seeing how incredibly young Paul (so baby faced) and George (so very little) appear in this photo
By comparison, John looks much older, beyond the actual age difference
"John’s guitar is the same one he was playing on during the church fete when Paul first saw him performing."

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
American Pie - Don McLean

Don McLean still tours. Who woulda thunk it? I wouldn't be able to even name any other song by him. Mebbe I should listen to a few more of his songs, surely people don't still pay to see him just for this song even if it is a great song.

Last edited:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Went to the grocery store top pick up a couple things I needed this morning, it seems last minute Thanksgiving is a thing. I think the whole town was there. Of course with som many people there I just decided to get in and out as quickly as possibe and forgot the most important things that I was going to buy there just to avoid going to a second store. I cut the side of my hand wide open at work last night (not serious, got it caught in a pinch point of a machine because I got distracted) but I meant to pick of some butterfly bandages to keep it clean at work, and some rubber gloves to wear for washing dishes the next few days since I know it is going to hurt like hell in hot water. Oh well, work can supply me a few bandages tonight.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Went to the grocery store top pick up a couple things I needed this morning, it seems last minute Thanksgiving is a thing. I think the whole town was there. Of course with som many people there I just decided to get in and out as quickly as possibe and forgot the most important things that I was going to buy there just to avoid going to a second store. I cut the side of my hand wide open at work last night (not serious, got it caught in a pinch point of a machine because I got distracted) but I meant to pick of some butterfly bandages to keep it clean at work, and some rubber gloves to wear for washing dishes the next few days since I know it is going to hurt like hell in hot water. Oh well, work can supply me a few bandages tonight.
Oh Kadly OUCH.... So Sorry. Hope it heals up quickly. :hug:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
40 soldiers, 40 sisters
-Piero Ciampi

In the clearing forty sisters
Had their picnic in silence
White veils rising in the wind
Happy in the waving grass.

Forty soldiers not far away
Were intently cleaning their rifles
With precise gesture they held out their arms
Fingers tightening on the neck of the weapon

A hunter eager for prey
Fired a shot, sending them fleeing
Changing the fate of eighty unhappy people
Forty soldiers, forty sisters

Now they are lying in the clearing
Forty rifles and a few cherries
Forty soldiers, forty sisters
Fled together seeking their fortune

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Snap, I hope you're felling well and whole for the festivities you're planning for tomorrow. If not, then maybe having your loved ones gathered near you, in an elevated atmosphere of gratitude and celebration, will bring you all the way up.

Release the Corken!

View attachment 210619
Thanks my friend, I am feeling much better and have already prepped most of tomorrows dinner. I will stuff the turkey and get it in the oven by 7:30 am tomorrow so we can eat around 3ish .
Everyone in the family is excited to be here tomorrow. Good thing I have a big house and a big dining table and kitchen table and looks like great weather for them to travel here. Party house. Looking forward to it.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh Kadly OUCH.... So Sorry. Hope it heals up quickly. :hug:
It really isn't that bad, especially considering the damage that can be done by these machines. They can't have guards to keep you away from moving parts, because the guards would get in the way. People have had fingers broken and even lost fingers due to inattention. I have always said to myself "They know they need to pay attention, how could they be so careless and get their hands in the way while it is running? It isn't that hard to keep from getting hurt if you just follow the safety rules" Guess I can't wonder how other people get hurt anymore.:facepalm:

But I was lucky, cleaned, bandaged, good to go. So I'm thankful that my moment of wandering attention didn't inflict worse damage.
All the sads from everybody were unnecessary, though appreciated.

Here ya go buddy here's a short list of them
Thank you good sir. Hmmm, so he does lots of covers? Or did he actually write these songs and other people made them famous? I'm seeing John Denver and Simon & Garfunkle for example. I'll have to dig into it a bit.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good Thanksgivin Mornin Family :wave:
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgivin feast today with family and friends;)
Hope everyone is havin a fantastic day and that they try not to eat too much today, I know I am gonna have a hard time not super stuffin myself.

ba5e2e5669d31cb3e6c24d0e2fa7af91.jpg

May be an image of text that says 'Don't forget to turn your bathroom scales back 15 pounds Wedneday for Thanksgiring'

VU Sponsors