A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning! I'm glad it sounds like everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! We spent it at my daughter's in-laws. Turkey, ham, sweet taters, mashed taters, stuffing, the whole nine yards. We'll be going back today for second Thanksgiving.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Baby alone in Babylone
-Jane Birkin

You are going to make me have to learn French (what I learned in high school is mostly gone since I never used it), you post so many songs that sound quite beautiful and I often find myself searching for the lyrics and translating them. I do love this line for some reason...

Baby alone in Babylone
Baby alone in Babylon
Noyée sous les flots
Drowned under the waves
De tes larmes et le charme
Of your tears and the charm
De l'avenue du crépuscule
From the avenue of dusk

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are going to make me have to learn French (what I learned in high school is mostly gone since I never used it), you post so many songs that sound quite beautiful and I often find myself searching for the lyrics and translating them. I do love this line for some reason...

Baby alone in Babylone
Baby alone in Babylon
Noyée sous les flots
Drowned under the waves
De tes larmes et le charme
Of your tears and the charm
De l'avenue du crépuscule
From the avenue of dusk

It's a Serge Gainsbourg song. Birkin recorded many of his songs, married him, and they had Charlotte Gainsbourg who is a singer with several releases. But IMO neither Jane nor Charlotte ever held a candle to the extraordinary talent of SG. Jane did have an appeal of her own though, and acted in movies too. She passed away earlier this year.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fanfare For The Common Man - Emerson, Lake, & Palmer
Intoxicated man
-Serge Gainsbourg

I drink too much
I see pink elephants
Spiders on the shirt front
Of my tuxedo
Bats on the ceiling
of the living room

Hey you
Tell me something
You are here
Like a pink marble
As frozen as the shirt front
Of my tux
As pale as the ceiling
of the living room

Love
Don't tell me much anymore
Always these pink elephants
These spiders on the front
of my tuxedo
These bats on the ceiling
of the living room

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
I hope everyone has recovered from the Thanksgivin Feast;)
Wishin everyone a fine recovery day:giggle:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'am a Seenager. (Senior teenager) have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later. don't have to go to school or work. get an allowance every month. have my own pad. |don't have a curfew. have a driver's license and my own car. have ID that gets me into bars and the whisky store. The people hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant. And don't have acne. Life is great.I have more friends should send this to, but right now can't remember their names.'

7e1e66f3ddc1fe55765b8742161c1396.jpg

VU Sponsors