Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Feelin better today, well so far, but still dead tired:(
I hope the day is treatin everyone well:)

Here is today’s list of songs which were recorded, released, or were hit songs on today’s date in the 1960’s. YouTube video links follow the list.
On November 26 in 1962, the Beatles recorded Please , Please Me
On November 26 in 1966, the single You Just Keep Me Hanging On by the Supremes was the # 1 song on the R& B chart
On November 26 in 1967,Te Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show and performed Hello Goodbye in their Sgt Pepper outfits
https://youtu.be/rblYSKz_VnI?si=W_aXwAeQUoRX3DnU
https://youtu.be/IjXiRN4I434?si=IuTbAB5KeHyzAO3X
https://youtu.be/czw8eqepir8?si=V2gKTiQOXfZgMa70
The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye

Happy heavenly birthday to "The Queen of Rock N Roll" Tina Turner ♥️

May be an image of 1 person and smiling

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The human touch
From Point of No Return (the American remake of the French film La Femme Nakita)
(Maggie is listening to "I Want a Little Sugar In my Bowl" when her handler comes into her cell)
Bob: This is Nina Simone?
Maggie: You got her for me, remember?
Bob: She wants sugar in her bowl?
Maggie: No, she’s saying, “Baby, just stick it in me twice a day and I’ll do anything for you. I’ll lick the ground you walk on.”
Bob: Why do you talk so dirty, Maggie?
Maggie: Why do you talk so faggy, Bob?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From Point of No Return (the American remake of the French film La Femme Nakita)
(Maggie is listening to "I Want a Little Sugar In my Bowl" when her handler comes into her cell)
Maggie: No, she’s saying, “Baby, just stick it in me twice a day and I’ll do anything for you. I’ll lick the ground you walk on.”
I like all of Nina's music, she has such a beautiful voice

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dammit, I was going to run to the store, got in my car and turned the key...
click click click click click:mad:
Hoping it's the battery. I have owned the car for 10 years, and never replaced that battery, so good odds? Except my dash lights up (the gauges, etc) so it could be the starter. Hope not. I have a portable jumper, but it's been sitting in the car for a long time, checked it, yeah, it is only about half charged. I'll charge it up and see what happens when I try to jump the car.:headbang:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Gotta see that.

The real "Sugar in my Bowl" was from Bessie Smith, 1931. Nina was one of my favorite singers (d. 2003), but she did a Sunday school version of Sugar. Bessie did it nasty, in that naughty subversive way she did everything, which makes it kind of surprising that she was ever commercially recorded.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya know it's funny when I am feelin bad I always feel worse about sunset :crazy:

Winding down at the end of the day maybe? I hope you're going to be okay Jimi, and I'm worried. You've been under a lot of stress for a long time with Jean's situation and all of your extra responsibilities. Stress and worry will bear down on our health. Pamper yourself with freshly squeezed orange juice, warm broth, and get all the sleep you want, no guilt, just rest.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta see that.
I honestly wish I could enjoy a movie while reading subtitles, I'd really like to watch the original French film, but I tried once and gave up about 15 minutes in.

Point Of No Return suffered, IMHO, from poor casting. Bridget Fonda doesn't have the acting chops to pull off the role well, despite her talented family. Again, just my opinion.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Using 'cards'.

To Hadoop, we are all mere demographic relational spreadsheets. Yes, even DCSNet, BULLRUN, Boundless Informant software uses data from Hdoop. We're all profiles, have been for years.

Going completely 'under radar' or 'off grid' is far more difficult a task than many might get you to believe. Though, if some 'alphabet soup maker' wants you vanished, it's only a few keystrokes.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Using 'cards'.

To Hadoop, we are all mere demographic relational spreadsheets. Yes, even DCSNet, BULLRUN, Boundless Informant software uses data from Hdoop. We're all profiles, have been for years.

Going completely 'under radar' or 'off grid' is far more difficult a task than many might get you to believe. Though, if some 'alphabet soup maker' wants you vanished, it's only a few keystrokes.
MMM, you've changed your appearance.

VU Sponsors