A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have my voodoo doll give it a hug
-Loveless
I absolutely love the title of this song. I just picture someone who has been beaten down over and over again crying out in desperation to whatever being or power they think is responsible for causing them so much pain "Please, stop sticking pins in the voodoo doll and hug it instead so I can experience just a moment of joy."

Of course that isn't really what the song is about but that was what my mind pictured when I read the title.

Let Me Be Your Voodoo Doll - Skerik's Syncopated Taint Septet

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I absolutely love the title of this song. I just picture someone who has been beaten down over and over again crying out in desperation to whatever being or power they think is responsible for causing them so much pain "Please, stop sticking pins in the voodoo doll and hug it instead so I can experience just a moment of joy."

Of course that isn't really what the song is about but that was what my mind pictured when I read the title.
It's very dark, and I think you did pick up on something. I found the lyrics. It's hard to ever know what a song writer intends. "Digging away at myself" speaks to me of self harm, people they call cutters. I was once engaged to a guy who did that.

Digging away at myself
The way that I do
My little corner of hell
Vacancies open
If you want to feel it too

Making a break for the hills
And Hollywood skies
Nothing to give me a thrill
Like silver screen lies
It's true, can you feel it too

Or is it deja vu

So close, so far away
Got me wrapped around your finger
But I'm pulling the strings
When you tell me what you really mean
You fill my lungs with gasoline
Breathing in
Burning you out

I hardly recognize me
I'm not sure I care
Trying to find a release
Maybe there's nothing
I lose till you cut me loosе

Pushing away all the pain
That I've left insidе
Rushing right into my veins
Cut me wide open
Drain all the truth
Hollow just like you

Until I light the fuse

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
F*cking up
-Tied to a Bear
I tried to google the lyrics... :oops:
Combining those six words into a search yields some results that were not what I was looking for :eek:, evidently due to the combination of bear, tied, and f*cking:facepalm:

Guess I'll just have to listen to it a few more times to try to pick up on the parts I couldn't quite catch.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Now It's Dark.

Although given experience as ems can say if the person in the cover image was going for suicide, the cut/s are wrong. Excuse me, professional & slightly personal issue at hand.

*facepalms self, growls a low and deep "Fuck!"*

Okay, I'm back to the surface. Someone remind me, don't trust anyone, not even myself, apparently.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried to google the lyrics... :oops:
Combining those six words into a search yields some results that were not what I was looking for :eek:, evidently due to the combination of bear, tied, and f*cking:facepalm:

Guess I'll just have to listen to it a few more times to try to pick up on the parts I couldn't quite catch.

Yeah, I couldn't find the lyrics either. S'ry.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Chilly mornin here, I am already makin plans for next years garden:facepalm:
I hope the day is bein fair with everyone today:)

633b028ac77c9ae55a43ed14e78f11ea.jpg

I missed this yesterday

Remembering the great Jimi Hendrix (November 27, 1942 – September 18, 1970)
"In an era where there’s more rockstars dropping off their perch than there are emerging from the mud, it’s all too easy to throw around the term ‘legend’ around when analysing their work in post mortem. However, if there’s any one figure who should deserve such a title more than anybody, it’s Jimi Hendrix, guitar icon.
Jimi, who passed away half a century ago at the age of 27, was a hurricane. Cited by most as one of the best instrumentalists of his era and quite possibly of all time, few guitarists have managed to surpass the influence Jimi boasts: one which is arguably even stronger today than it was on this fateful day just over half a century ago. Anyone who’s ever picked up a guitar will be all too familiar with the magic of his playing, but in saying that, it’s fair to assume that everyone who’s never picked up a guitar will probably be just as acquainted with it as well.
Hendrix’s talent on the fretboard eclipsed that of anybody else who came before and after him. With a flipped Stratocaster slung around his shoulders, Hendrix wowed the world with his wildly adventurous acrobatics, often tearing out his gobsmacking guitar solos while striking the strings with his teeth or blindly behind his head. Even as a nameless session guitarist playing with the likes of Little Richard, Curtis Knight and The Isley Brothers, Hendrix was prone to stealing the limelight, and it was this showmanship that would make him a legend in the early days.
Tales of him forcing Eric Clapton, then considered the greatest guitarist who ever lived, offstage with his head hung in shame – at his own gig and before Hendrix had even released an album, nonetheless – with his uncanny talents are deemed as culture shifting moments within the annals of guitar history, and the reverence shown to him by future heroes like Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Frusciante and John Mayer simply speak for themselves.

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and guitar

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How you doin today Wolfie?
I'm doing a lot better than you are my friend, Thank You for asking.
Hope you'll get in a soaking with epsom salt today and you'll start feeling better soon :hug:
It's good that you are thinking of next yrs garden. Time goes by quickly and the next thing you'll know it will be time to plant seeds to get them growing to put them out in the garden.

VU Sponsors