Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you my friend ;) , feelin a bit better today, never did get real sick just tired worn out feelin and every joint in my body hurts

Sorry I missed you yesterday Jimi, but I see you played the music game longer than you did in the previous few days. I find that encouraging. Glad you're feeling cheery enough to think about spring planting.

I hope you'll keep taking it slow, relaxing a lot, and agree with Wolfie's recommendation of the epsom soaks for your achy joints.

You know everybody cares.
XO

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What a night
-Fred Buscaglione

What a night,
what a night that night
When I think about it, my bones feel broken

Well, that blonde was waiting for me
filling up at the Roxy Bar
The curvy little friend
of the boss Billy Carr.

What a fog,
what a fog that night
Three police cars were looking for me
But for a date,
if there is sugar to be made
When the cause exists
you know I know how to take risks.

I go there, I see her, it's her
But six more emerge from the fog
Buck the Plague, Jack Bidone
with the Bolivar brothers
While under a street lamp
Billy Carr has a blast.

What a beating, What a beating that night
I remember six broken jaws,
I have a strong claim
And the right, I'll tell you
Only one other has one like it
But I knocked him out

I spread them out, I count them, there are six
Then I recount them because you never know
And meanwhile the crazy one
approaches, and do you know what she does?
She fixes my tie
Murmuring to me, shall we go?

What kisses, what kisses that night
I'm tough, but easy on crushes
I took a boat
For the platinum blonde
Imagine that in one year
She left me on the cobblestones

Ah, what a fog, what a blow, what kisses
What a crush, boys
What a night that night

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Feelin a little better today, slept like a baby last night but still tired:crazy:
I hope everyone is well and havin a great day:)

“Morrison had an almost un-American attitude toward possessions. He never owned a house. While he owned a car for a time, he was often without one and most of the things he did own would have fit into a carryall bag. In his pockets one could find a key to the Doors' office, a credit card, and his folded and torn California driver's license. He was forever giving something away—money, books, clothes—with a natural generosity. No matter how successful he became, Morrison was always taking shelter from the "stumbling neon groves" of Hollywood in cheap motels because he felt their starkness was more real than the lavish suites his wealth could have commanded. No doubt their low profile was also an attraction. No one could find Jim Morrison when he didn't want to be found. He enjoyed hanging around pool halls and cheap bars, listening to the jukebox and having a few beers.
Frank Lisciandro recalls: Jim didn't seem to have any sense of ownership about anything. As an example, I said to him one day that I had to go buy some new boots; he said he probably needed some new boots too and he'd come along. So we went to a Western-wear store and both shopped for what we needed. Later I found Jim coming out of a dressing room. He had bought a completely new outfit right down to underwear and then he went over and bought a new pair of boots. It looked like he had changed his skin. And being more reptilian, he left his old clothes behind... didn't take them... said to the guy at the store, 'Burn 'em or throw 'em away or give 'em to somebody.' We walked outside and I looked at him in the sunlight in front of the store and I realized at that instant that he could really live like a snake if he wanted to... shed his skin, have a new set of skin underneath, and walk away.”
from “Break on Through: The Life and Death of Jim Morrison” by James Riordan & Jerry Prochnicky

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person

87a809b1a0535b75ee1477faa55a017e.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@SirKadly Hey buddy how's your daughter and that new grandson doin my friend?
Ya know you've been adopted into the Music Game Family so you're gonna haveta keep us posted on those things;)
Both doing good. Not sure I mentioned this, but the length of the hospital stay is determined by various tests and milestones being met. Based on 'typical' preterm timeframes he will likely be released shortly before Christmas, but there is really no way of knowing yet.

Yeah, and this nosy Music Game relative wants to know if that Boss Car Battery is gonna keep going a while longer.
1701279826166.png
Hmmm, not sure I would trust this one. ;)
So far so good on the battery, but still planning a trip to Autozone Saturday. Need some serious CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) in this neck of the woods. But it was 15 degrees when I left work last night and it started right up, no hesitation, so the corrosion was clearly a big part of the problem.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's what has me puzzled, I started goin to bed early, usually by 10 and sleep till 6 every day and still feel like I haven't slept at all:rolleyes: just crazy
Copy/pasting from a website that wants to sell a sleep app. Take it all with a grain of salt since they are trying to sell something, but the parts I copied seem reasonable to me.

"Your sleep need is the amount of sleep your body needs each night. It’s determined by genetics, just like height and eye color.
If you don’t know your sleep need, you may be sleep deprived and not even know it.
And while your sleep need is set from early adulthood, there are times when you need more sleep than usual. These include:
When you’re ill
When you’ve just done intense exercise
When you’ve got a muscle injury "

"Sleep debt is the amount of sleep you owe your body. If you haven’t been meeting your sleep need recently, you’ll have built up sleep debt and be feeling low on energy.
That means you may have gotten enough sleep last night, but if you’ve been missing out on sleep over the last two weeks, you could still feel tired the next day. "

"One more thing to be aware of? We often forget about sleep efficiency, which takes into account the amount of time it takes to fall asleep and the times we wake up during the night. You might need eight hours of sleep. But spending eight hours in bed isn’t enough time to get you there. "

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Copy/pasting from a website that wants to sell a sleep app. Take it all with a grain of salt since they are trying to sell something, but the parts I copied seem reasonable to me.

"Your sleep need is the amount of sleep your body needs each night. It’s determined by genetics, just like height and eye color.
If you don’t know your sleep need, you may be sleep deprived and not even know it.
And while your sleep need is set from early adulthood, there are times when you need more sleep than usual. These include:
When you’re ill
When you’ve just done intense exercise
When you’ve got a muscle injury "

"Sleep debt is the amount of sleep you owe your body. If you haven’t been meeting your sleep need recently, you’ll have built up sleep debt and be feeling low on energy.
That means you may have gotten enough sleep last night, but if you’ve been missing out on sleep over the last two weeks, you could still feel tired the next day. "

"One more thing to be aware of? We often forget about sleep efficiency, which takes into account the amount of time it takes to fall asleep and the times we wake up during the night. You might need eight hours of sleep. But spending eight hours in bed isn’t enough time to get you there. "
Thank you for the info my friend. It all makes good sense, I must be way behind the way I feel. :facepalm:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 210889
Hmmm, not sure I would trust this one. ;)
So far so good on the battery, but still planning a trip to Autozone Saturday. Need some serious CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) in this neck of the woods. But it was 15 degrees when I left work last night and it started right up, no hesitation, so the corrosion was clearly a big part of the problem.

Haha, well maybe I should have said "that hoss of a 10-year old battery".

VU Sponsors