Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Getting ready to head out for a night on the town. I even managed to find myself a beautiful date to go with me. She just arrived a couple of days ago and her name is Miss Pulse. She looks lovely in her green dress. I simply must show her off.
1700353518116.png
I think my old standby Miss Coppervape is feeling a little jealous right now. :giggle:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes -Gertrude Niesen

The first recording of the song, which was originally written for a Broadway musical called Roberta.
The original 78rpm single was issued on Victor 24454 - (When Your Heart’s On Fire) Smoke Gets In Your Eyes (Otto Harbach-Jerome Kern) by Gertrude Niesen, orchestra conducted by Ray Sinatra, recorded in NYC November 1, 1933

Ray Sinatra was Frank's second cousin.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How was the Whistle Pigs show?
Pretty good. I enjoyed myself. They had a few giveaways, one of which I won, 2 t-shirts, 2 drink cozies. To enter I had to borrow a pen from the table next to me. So when I won, the two ladies from that table (who were much more interested in dancing than their dates) insisted I had to dance, which I actually to my surprise enjoyed that too. I guess I had been dancing in my seat anyway. For only $20 (cover charge, two beers, tips) it was well worth it.
I came home feeling...odd. Various conflicting emotions, some good, some bad, and I don't really know what triggered the negative emotions. But all in all it was a good night.

Incidentally, in Indiana there is a law prohibiting smoking within 8 feet of the entrance to any public building. Also, bars are one of the only places that smoking is allowed. I haven't actually been to a bar in years, the last time I was in one they weren't mandated to have signage stating that they allowed smoking, but now they are. There is something odd about seeing these two signs hanging right next to each other on the entrance door..
1700406543366.png 1700406810243.png

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I came home feeling...odd. Various conflicting emotions, some good, some bad, and I don't really know what triggered the negative emotions. But all in all it was a good night.

It is strange how one moment of happiness and peace, the enjoyment of things you treasure, good music, new friends, will bring on a tumble of anxiety, worries, sadness. It's as if the mind is saying "are you sure you're allowed happiness?"

Wishing you a peaceful happy Sunday Kad.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty good. I enjoyed myself. They had a few giveaways, one of which I won, 2 t-shirts, 2 drink cozies. To enter I had to borrow a pen from the table next to me. So when I won, the two ladies from that table (who were much more interested in dancing than their dates) insisted I had to dance, which I actually to my surprise enjoyed that too. I guess I had been dancing in my seat anyway. For only $20 (cover charge, two beers, tips) it was well worth it.

Incidentally, in Indiana there is a law prohibiting smoking within 8 feet of the entrance to any public building. Also, bars are one of the only places that smoking is allowed. I haven't actually been to a bar in years, the last time I was in one they weren't mandated to have signage stating that they allowed smoking, but now they are. There is something odd about seeing these two signs hanging right next to each other on the entrance door..
View attachment 210548 View attachment 210550
Illinois it 15 feet from any door or open window and that includes everywhere bars included. A lot bars here have an outside corral, I call it, but has to fenced smokin area that has no entrance to the bar and you can't take your glass out to it the bartender has a window he hands it out to you, some really stupid laws here.

VU Sponsors