Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
oops!!! double post, forum was being wonky, nothing to see here

Well, OK since it's here anyway I might as well say this. I only recently became aware of the fact that after 3 decades, Jeff Wayne evidently thought he should redo this fantastic composition. I've only checked out snippets, of the "Next Generation" version but...
Liam Neeson as the narrator? I think I much preferred Richard Burton's voice, and Neeson says his lines much too fast in the brief portion I listened to. Again that's based on only a couple of very small samples so maybe I would change my mind after hearing the entire album.
But considering how much I have loved this particular work for somewhere in the vicinity of 40 years, I'm not sure I want to listen to a new version.

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
4bd65381a6340044e53c192cc7bdd1f2.gif

..:).................................................

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Family :wave:
Havin a tough time gettin goin today:(
I hope everyone is well and havin a great day:)
I need to be able to put a :( for you having a hard time getting going, and a haha face for the Taylor Swift/Stevie Nicks post, but since I can't give two different responses I just liked it and am putting my real responses here. Hope the day improves for you.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Found out today that Jean will be under the blade for a full 8 hours or more, very complicated surgery, they want to use AI. That's a long time to be out too, and because of it takin so long they said they are havin a hard time schedulen it:(
Jimi, OMG eight hours. Though I'm always wondering what that lunatic medical team is up to, and suspicious of the whole established medical racket, I truly hope it all comes right and Jean will be well again. She has suffered for so long, and you with her. I hold you both in my thoughts and prayers.

VU Sponsors