Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beautiful song, even though I have no idea if the lyrics are beautiful or morbid, I could see both possibilities from the title.

Their CD "Les Gens qui S'aiment" is from 2018. I don't remember how I found them, but I love that dark sound. I downloaded all of the songs.

I can't find the lyrics either, and it's that intentional "buried" sound that makes it hard for me to translate. This is all I can get, and I didn't get to the end.

Sad joy
(muffle muffle)
Sweet death
(something something) black and white
Arms
muffle muffle muffle
Like the (muffle muffle)
Sad joy
Of pleasure (?)
Sweet death
Between noon and half past
In the cry that (muffle muffle)
There comes (muffle muffle muffle)

Now I can't find one thing about them online except that one song on YouTube, and another song from their 2015 CD also on YT.

From the page that has "Mort Douce":

Mort douce · Gauche Guitare

Les gens qui s'aiment

℗ Trois Jeunes Tambours

Released on: 2018-02-16

Author: Carla Andipatin
Composer: Carla Andipatin
Composer: Thierry Los
Music Publisher: 3JT FILMS

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bedridden for a month after the surgery, or staying in bed until the surgery?

Either way Jimi, I hope at the other end of this tunnel Jean will come out dancing. Dancing with you, under the stars, in joy and renewal.
Bedridden after surgery for at least a month then very restrictive after the month or so. Even haveta have a home nurse here. Pretty intensive surgery
Thank you my Dear Friend :hug:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
My good day story for today-
It is a beautiful sunny 50F which is unusual for this time of year at Lake Ontario. We got 2 inches of snow here yesterday.
I got my grocery shopping done, bought my Christmas ham and ingredients for my Christmas cookie baking.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bedridden after surgery for at least a month then very restrictive after the month or so. Even haveta have a home nurse here. Pretty intensive surgery
Thank you my Dear Friend :hug:

Jimi I don't know what grade/level nurse you'll have at home, but you may really enjoy that. When I was looking after my elderly auntie in the months before she died, we had an LVN caregiver. That lady's whole family is in the elder care field, including running a big 6-bedroom nursing home. Anyway, I heard this from other people too, who had caregivers in their relatives' homes. Those nurses love to dust, sweep, mop, cook. They're cheerful. None of that is in the job description, so you're never supposed to expect it or order them to do any of that. Their number one job is patient care, then after that patient advocacy, and after that whatever else they want to do.

So this wonderful one we had would paint my aunt's nails, make her feel pretty, change her sheets, sweep and mop, make soup, or beans and potato salad for a couple of meals. It was heaven for me. I was so tired and ragged from trying to do my best without knowing what I was doing, taking care of a sick, cranky lady, two cats, the yard, a garden I started growing, her car and mine. Those nurses take patients to their appointments too, or at least mine said it was in her job description. Altogether it gave me back some time to have a life, go to the movies with friends, get my car fixed, nurture my garden.

I hope you LOVE it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi I don't know what grade/level nurse you'll have at home, but you may really enjoy that. When I was looking after my elderly auntie in the months before she died, we had an LVN caregiver. That lady's whole family is in the elder care field, including running a big 6-bedroom nursing home. Anyway, I heard this from other people too, who had caregivers in their relatives' homes. Those nurses love to dust, sweep, mop, cook. They're cheerful. None of that is in the job description, so you're never supposed to expect it or order them to do any of that. Their number one job is patient care, then after that patient advocacy, and after that whatever else they want to do.

So this wonderful one we had would paint my aunt's nails, make her feel pretty, change her sheets, sweep and mop, make soup, or beans and potato salad for a couple of meals. It was heaven for me. I was so tired and ragged from trying to do my best without knowing what I was doing, taking care of a sick, cranky lady, two cats, the yard, a garden I started growing, her car and mine. Those nurses take patients to their appointments too, or at least mine said it was in her job description. Altogether it gave me back some time to have a life, go to the movies with friends, get my car fixed, nurture my garden.

I hope you LOVE it.
I sure hope they are that way around here ;)

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta go.

My good thing for today is I didn't get ninja'd.

And I didn't get mad at anybody, client or neighbor.

And I did a job I've been meaning to do for months, but I just forget when I'm not looking at it. That big crock of cooking utensils (the giant fork, the giant spoon with holes, the big ladle, spatulas, ya know, all that stuff) was caked with dust that mixed with moisture and turned to grime. I took out all the pieces, washed them, washed the crock, and now it's finally all clean and shiny.

Happy Chanukah, Happy Holidaze, and to all a good night.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good night Family:wave:
Hope to see everyone tomorrow :)

dcbb08d127e97da0c0c7073a70c8738a.jpg

2b4d11837025a8344bdce388b80a801b.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My good thing for the day. When i got home tonight, in spite of their best efforts my cats did not make me fall flat on my face as I entered the dark house. And believe me, they were putting some serious effort into tripping me tonight, winding around my feet far more than normal. No idea why.

(ok, confession, I might know why, it might have had something to do with the fact that I found myself running late and in my rush to head out the door I might have forgotten to fill up their food dishes)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's wack.
For anyone not familiar, Afroman is probably best known for the song "Because I Got High" which while humorous also has a serious side with lines such as:

I was gonna pay my car and note until I got high (say what say what?)
I wasn't gonna gamble on the boat but then I got high (uh uh)
Now the tow truck is pullin' away and I know why (why man)
'Cause I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

There is an entire story related to the song I posted, Lemon pound Cake, and to the album of the same name. Short version: if you watched the video what you see includes security camera footage of an actual police raid in Afroman's house while he was out of town where they found nothing they were looking for. But Afroman noticed the one officer seeming to eye the cake when he watched the footage and turned it into a song.

Longer version (ie more details plus a bonus song):
The basis for the search warrant was statements made by a "confidential informant." When Afroman (according to him) asked the Sheriff later if he was under arrest the answer was no. When he asked if they were planning on charging him with anything the answer was no. When he asked if they would help him fix his gate and door which they had destroyed, the Sheriff smirked and said "We aren't required to do that."
Instead of reacting the way many people would, Afroman used his creativity, initially writing a song called "Will You Help Me Repair My Door" as a way of expressing his feelings about what happened.

This song then turned into an entire album. The video he produced for the song Lemon Pound Cake went viral.

In response, Afroman was sued by some of the police officers for using their images for commercial purposes. In a statement he made in response to the suit Afroman said:

"Me laughing at them, making songs about them, is more powerful than their authority. It's more powerful than their assault rifles, it's more powerful than what they got because I got these big bad tough guys crying and whining about my songs, on my page, in my world."

Will You Help Me Repair My Door

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sure hope they are that way around here ;)

It's all your judgment and prerogative, and I don't think this was necessary or made any difference in the service our caregiver provided, but we gave her generous cash tips every week, and premium gifts once we realized what a whirlwind of fresh air and positivity she was. My aunt gave her some jewelry. I gave her some of my makeup she admired while dusting my dressing table, a lipstick and compact there that I'd just bought, new and unused, so I just handed them over to her. When she cooked for us we insisted she take some of the food home with her. We felt nothing was too good for this gifted, kind and thoughtful person who lightened our burdens so much.

Again, I don't think it affected her level of service. We just wanted to love on her.

On the other hand, one bossy britches I knew got a little too used to the bonus cleaning and cooking services, which are never, ever required, and began criticizing, asking her caregiver to repeat mopping the kitchen and do a better job, things like that, and hers quit. Just had enough one day and said she wouldn't be coming back.

VU Sponsors