Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shucks. Kad's in da house and I have to go.

Before I log out, my good thing today:

I had an honest excuse to get DoorDash. I needed all the available space in my kitchen for a little painting project that required several applications, with an hour of drying between each one. I didn't use it as an excuse to be bad though. I ordered two soups, one for breakfast-lunch and a different one for dinner, and breakfast tacos to put in the fridge for tomorrow morning.

Good night all. Enjoyed playing. Sorry I missed you Kad.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hate to but gonna haveta leave too :(
Thank you to everyone for playin;)
See you all tomorrow:wave:

b1504df1e5e4273c4439189ccb01f35c.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shucks. Kad's in da house and I have to go.

Before I log out, my good thing today:

I had an honest excuse to get DoorDash. I needed all the available space in my kitchen for a little painting project that required several applications, with an hour of drying between each one. I didn't use it as an excuse to be bad though. I ordered two soups, one for breakfast-lunch and a different one for dinner, and breakfast tacos to put in the fridge for tomorrow morning.

Good night all. Enjoyed playing. Sorry I missed you Kad.
I wasn't really in da house, at least not to play. Most nights I was spending at least an hour after I got home from work going through the posts on this thread. One night it was close to two hours. So a week or so ago, I started getting on from my phone during my lunch break at work. If I see a song I'm not familiar with or one I think I might want to listen to, I bookmark that post so I can find it again later to listen to it. Otherwise, I just read and like(or whatever other reaction seems appropriate, though sometimes my big fat fingers have trouble touching the little tiny icons on the phone and I end up picking the wring one, then have to fix it) without actually listening to the songs, that way I have enough time during my break to catch up.

It probably isn't a good habit to develop though, my list of bookmarked posts is growing. I don't know when I'll find the time to listen to all of them if I keep adding more.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Atlas Falls - Shinedown

Ran across this version by chance, sounds pretty darn good even without the rest of the band.

The quiet is only a trap
And I will not take the placebos
'Cause the unknown
Is awakening
But I will crescendo

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rise up, Rise up, O Sun - Valentina Lisitsa
Tchaikovsky: 50 Russian Folk Songs, TH 176 - 15

Annoyed that I can't find a version with vocals, the version from Vasily Prokunin's "65 Russian Folk Songs" was scored for two voices.

VU Sponsors